PDA

View Full Version : Adam Jones at WWE Summerslam

adamclark52
08-14-2011, 05:27 PM
Adam Jones (of Tool) appeared at WWE's Summerslam Pay-Per-View tonight playing the American National Anthem on guitar. Seems like an odd choice on a few fronts to me.

1) The theme song for Summerslam this year is Cee-Lo Greens Bright Lights Bigger City, you think they'd get someone in that genre to sing.
2) 75% of WWE's fans these days probably have no idea who Adam Jones or Tool are.
3) He just doesn't seem like the kind of guy who would do this kind of thing. Maybe Zack Wylde or some other guitar god guy. Jones has never crossed my mind as a guitar god type, just a solid player.

Regardless, it's cool. Now get back in the studio and give us a new album damnit.

I can't find a video yet but here's some pictures from WWE's official site: http://www.wwe.com/shows/summerslam/2011/tool-adam-jones-national-anthem-photos

mankvill
08-14-2011, 05:39 PM
Tool and WWE. It's like a douche's paradise.

*readies flame shield*

smearCampaign
08-14-2011, 05:57 PM
Tool and WWE. It's like a douche's paradise.

*readies flame shield*

Oh yeah, and no douchebags listen to Ben Folds. :tp:

But, seriously this is a weird combo.

El Gordo
08-14-2011, 06:00 PM
Oh yeah, and no douchebags listen to Ben Folds. :tp:

But, seriously this is a weird combo.

Ben Folds is like the douche capital of music.

mankvill
08-14-2011, 06:18 PM
lookit all these mad tool douches :D

adamclark52
08-17-2014, 04:45 PM
Adam Jones is sitting in the front row of WWE Summerslam tonight. Shouldn't he be in the studio?

marker
08-18-2014, 11:09 AM
Adam Jones is sitting in the front row of WWE Summerslam tonight. Shouldn't he be in the studio?

He said they make albums for themselves, not the fans. I read something like that in an interview a couple of weeks ago. He stated he wasn't trying to sound rude or something like that, didn't want to disrespect the fans.
So I guess the answer is no.

Coma323
08-18-2014, 11:56 AM
I know Adam also proposed to his girlfriend at a WWE event in the past.