PDA

View Full Version : A 2002 Time Warp

300%_Density
08-14-2011, 10:36 AM
I was cleaning up and ran across a Metal Edge magazine that had 2002 bands to watch for and it's really funny to me how 90% of these bands were supposed to be big and did nothing. Funny if nothing else for the nostalgia factor:

American Head Charge - still one of my favorite bands and saw on their facebook they are going to be touring late September w/ new album eventually. Super excited!!!!
Apex Theory
Beautiful Creatures
Craving Theo
Darwin's Waiting Room
Deadsy - another band I'm somewhat of a closet listener, I'll openly admit that
Dust To Dust
Hatebreed - yea I'd say they probably did pretty good for themselves since then
Headstrong
Ill Nino
Injected
Lennon
Pressure 4-5
Pure Rubbish
Scissorfight
Spike 1000
The Color Red
40 Below Summer
Dragpipe
Gryp
Onesidezero
Speak No Evil
Flaw
Hoobastank - Wow, I'd say they cashed in for about a year or 2 if nothing else
Among Thieves
Mesh
Betty Blowtorch
Breaking Point

Can't pick out too many of those who really did much of anything. American Head Charge, Beautiful Creatures, Deadsy, Hatebreed, Ill Nino & Flaw are the only bands out of there I even still listen to, but I thought it was kinda fun/funny to see who was supposed to be big almost 10 years ago.

larvtard
08-14-2011, 10:43 AM
I wish American Head Charge were touring.

BloodoftheKings
08-14-2011, 10:44 AM
I've only heard of 3 of these bands. Hatebreed, Ill Nino, and Hoobastank.

larvtard
08-14-2011, 10:49 AM
I wish American Head Charge were touring.

Oh shit, I thought you were talking about 2002....YESSS I MUST SEE AHC

ShatteredFlame
08-14-2011, 10:52 AM
I know most from looking at a concert list from my friend who use to attend a lot of mainstream metal events in the early 00s

Ill Nino was the only one I really listened to though.

300%_Density
08-14-2011, 10:58 AM
I would have posted this a few weeks ago but didn't know anybody else would have cared about AHC. I'll just copy a few things from their new FB:

"American Head Charge's "Tour-ette" is being solidified as this is typed. 10 shows starting late-September. All tour dates and relevant information will be posted here first. Keep watching, and follow us: @AHC_Official"

"And while we figured it was obvious enough, apparently many don't quite understand. YES, WE ARE BACK TOGETHER."

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/American-Head-Charge-Official/196610627057171?sk=wall&filter=2

mankvill
08-14-2011, 11:02 AM
I got the key to gramercy park

Lol deadsy

300%_Density
08-14-2011, 11:06 AM
I got the key to gramercy park

Lol deadsy

Hey now, I do what I can to be tolerant of your Blink 182 & other stuff. Don't hate. I can still listen to their Commencement cd from beginning to end. :cool:

adamclark52
08-14-2011, 11:55 AM
I can remember Scissorfight from a metal radio show in Toronto in 1998. They had a song called Drunken Hangman that was pretty cool, for 1998.

mankvill
08-14-2011, 12:02 PM
Hey now, I do what I can to be tolerant of your Blink 182 & other stuff. Don't hate. I can still listen to their Commencement cd from beginning to end. :cool:

Not hating, that song is tits! Isn't the singer for Deadsy the son of someone famous?

ravenheart
08-14-2011, 12:19 PM
Beautiful Creatures
Hatebreed

These are the only two off that list I give a shit about.

That was such a typically trendy "next big thing" list though. Those lists are always 100% predictable with precisely 0 bands that make you think "oh, haven't heard of them, I'll check them out".

That said, 90% of the readership of all commercial media don't make the effort to keep up with new music themselves and rely on these rags to tell them what to listen to, so they rarely know who any of the bands in such a list are.

DethMaiden
08-14-2011, 12:20 PM
:lol: Poor predictions. Though Scissorfight are pretty good.

300%_Density
08-14-2011, 01:25 PM
Not hating, that song is tits! Isn't the singer for Deadsy the son of someone famous?

LOL my bad, I've been laughed at by several about Deadsy. Yea son of Cher & Greg Allman.

300%_Density
08-14-2011, 01:27 PM
These are the only two off that list I give a shit about.

That was such a typically trendy "next big thing" list though. Those lists are always 100% predictable with precisely 0 bands that make you think "oh, haven't heard of them, I'll check them out".

That said, 90% of the readership of all commercial media don't make the effort to keep up with new music themselves and rely on these rags to tell them what to listen to, so they rarely know who any of the bands in such a list are.

Nice. Haven't really heard anybody else any kind of interested in Beautiful Creatures. Loved the first album when DJ Ashba was in the band, great songs on there. Next album wasn't as good but still enjoyable. Saw them @ Rocklahoma a few years back and I thought they were amazing.