PDA

View Full Version : The Official English Premier League Thread

Pages : 1 [2] 3

MetalIsArt
03-13-2012, 02:10 AM
Carling Cup not the FA Cup.

Haha, you see that I don't really follow the premier league.

Still, it's better than Arsenal or Chelski. :D :lol:

ravenheart
03-13-2012, 03:17 AM
I'm not a big fan of Tottenham...Idk why. Just don't like how they play, so I'm glad they've been failing last few matches. Who is your team Ravenheart?

I've got no real issues with the way they play, apart from the diving on occasion, I just want to see Redknapp fail.

Fulham for me.

Butcher of Birth
03-13-2012, 08:47 AM
:confused: Your primary target all summer was Luka Modric and your final bid to Spurs was for 40 million pounds. Define "big money".

50 Million ;)

Seventhzealot
03-13-2012, 09:12 AM
I've got no real issues with the way they play, apart from the diving on occasion, I just want to see Redknapp fail.

Fulham for me.

This. Bale is probably the only one who dives there though but nowhere near Suarez :lol:

50 Million ;)

There was no way Levy was going to part with Modric this summer. If it wasn't for 40 million it wouldn't have been for 50 either.

Seventhzealot
03-13-2012, 09:14 AM
Haha, you see that I don't really follow the premier league.

Still, it's better than Arsenal or Chelski. :D :lol:

Can't say that in all certainty because they could still win the FA cup. As for Arsenal, at least they'll be playing in a proper European competition next year in all probability unlike Liverpool. ;)

Seventhzealot
03-13-2012, 11:10 AM
Matchday thread for Thursday's game from Redcafe (http://www.redcafe.net/f11/athletic-bilbao-vs-manchester-united-350138/)

Fantastic :lol:

MetalIsArt
03-13-2012, 03:42 PM
Can't say that in all certainty because they could still win the FA cup. As for Arsenal, at least they'll be playing in a proper European competition next year in all probability unlike Liverpool. ;)

I just don't like Whiner, ehm, Wenger. ;)

Seventhzealot
03-13-2012, 04:27 PM
I just don't like Whiner, ehm, Wenger. ;)

I'd take him as a manager any day over "King" Kenny ;)

Butcher of Birth
03-13-2012, 10:05 PM
Whoa Bayern.

maidenpriest
03-14-2012, 02:08 AM
Whoa Bayern.

Right?! And freaking Inter didn't get past the round of 16... :( (I'm a big Serie A fan in general, with Juve being my favorite).

MetalIsArt
03-14-2012, 02:45 AM

Here we respectfully disagree ;)

I think that Arsenal is the most overrated European "top"-team ever, and the way he sees himself as Josep Ferguson annoys me even more.

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 03:17 AM

Seconded. Kenny whines far more than Wenger. It's very irritating.

Butcher of Birth
03-14-2012, 05:11 AM
Right?! And freaking Inter didn't get past the round of 16... :( (I'm a big Serie A fan in general, with Juve being my favorite).

Inter has not been a strong side since they won the treble.

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 08:19 AM

I wasn't surprised in the least. Their form in the league has been pretty horrendous too

Here we respectfully disagree ;)

I think that Arsenal is the most overrated European "top"-team ever, and the way he sees himself as Josep Ferguson annoys me even more.

How can they be overrated considering the meager budget that they work on? If anything after all the changes at the club this summer, they've done fantastically well to out-muscle Chelsea, Liverpool (and possibly Spurs) to cement their place in the top four. Granted, they haven't won any trophies but they have consistently outperformed Liverpool in the league whilst working with a net-spend which is 10% or probably lower than that of Liverpool ;)

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 09:12 AM
Premier League Managers Association poll:

League winners: Manchester City (67%) / Manchester Uniter (33%)
Most impressive manager: Brendan Rodgers (47%) / Paul Lambert (40%) / Roberto Mancini & Steve Kean (6%)
Most entertaining team: Tottenham Hotspur (75%)
Best goal keeper: Joe Hart (69%)
Best defender: Vincent Kompany (88%)
Best midfielder: David Silva (31%)
Best forward: Robin Van Persie (25%)
Best young player: Phil Jones (31%) / Kyle Walker (25%) / Daniel Sturridge (25%)
Signing of the season: Demba Ba (56%)
Most influential player in PL history: Ryan Giggs (50%)

MetalIsArt
03-14-2012, 12:57 PM
I wasn't surprised in the least. Their form in the league has been pretty horrendous too

How can they be overrated considering the meager budget that they work on? If anything after all the changes at the club this summer, they've done fantastically well to out-muscle Chelsea, Liverpool (and possibly Spurs) to cement their place in the top four. Granted, they haven't won any trophies but they have consistently outperformed Liverpool in the league whilst working with a net-spend which is 10% or probably lower than that of Liverpool ;)

Because they haven't won much titles in Europe...

Because everything they do is somehow big news here in belgium…

Because I don't like Wenger's face and, even though I laugh at our red devils, his comments about Vermaelen were extremely childish.

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 01:26 PM
Because they haven't won much titles in Europe...

Because everything they do is somehow big news here in belgium…

Because I don't like Wenger's face and, even though I laugh at our red devils, his comments about Vermaelen were extremely childish.

I always think a team's league performance is an accurate barometer of their progress because in many ways the cup can be a bit of a lottery.

I do not know why they are such big news in Belgium because it is widely regarded everywhere they lack the mental strength to forge a true title challenge and due to their lack of investment this year, were rarely considered a threat.

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 01:28 PM
Premier League Managers Association poll:

League winners: Manchester City (67%) / Manchester Uniter (33%)
Most impressive manager: Brendan Rodgers (47%) / Paul Lambert (40%) / Roberto Mancini & Steve Kean (6%)
Most entertaining team: Tottenham Hotspur (75%)
Best goal keeper: Joe Hart (69%)
Best defender: Vincent Kompany (88%)
Best midfielder: David Silva (31%)
Best forward: Robin Van Persie (25%)
Best young player: Phil Jones (31%) / Kyle Walker (25%) / Daniel Sturridge (25%)
Signing of the season: Demba Ba (56%)
Most influential player in PL history: Ryan Giggs (50%)

Interesting that two-thirds of the managers feel that City can win it, probably goes to show the strength of the squad they have at their disposal. Apart from that I probably agree with everything else but maybe Moyes should get a nod at being the most impressive manager too considering the funds at his disposal.

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 01:31 PM
Chelsea look so much more potent with the Drog upfront.

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 01:57 PM
Cracking goal by Inler. Another goal and Chelsea are crashing out.

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 02:01 PM
Chelsea look so much more potent with the Drog upfront.

But now they've got to score two more...

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
But now they've got to score two more...

Yep and Torres is warming up :tongue:

That Napoli travelling support is excellent :eek:

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 02:03 PM
Yep and Torres is warming up :tongue:

That's that then :lol:

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 02:06 PM
That's that then :lol:

He took Sturridge off and Torres is playing on the right :confused: Sturridge was by far their most dangerous player tonight apart from Drogba

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 02:16 PM
Fuck's sake. Napoli are hopeless at defending set pieces.

EDIT: Dossena, you fucking mong! Probably an ex-Liverpool thing ;)

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 02:35 PM
And we're going to extra-time. Have to say its been a frenetic game. Napoli could have scored more if they had the brains ;)

ravenheart
03-14-2012, 03:01 PM
... are they actually going to do it?

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 03:03 PM
Fucking Napoli need to keep their heads. They seem too rushed in their play. This Chelsea defense is there for the taking.

Meanwhile, Drogba just did a Busquets :lol:

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 03:15 PM
Di Matteo just went mental :lol:

Butcher of Birth
03-14-2012, 03:56 PM
BOOM!!!!!! YES!!! That is what I call True Blue!!!!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-14-2012, 06:29 PM
... are they actually going to do it?

Yep.:horns:

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 07:23 PM
The players have shown more desire this week than they did in all of AVB's reign.

Butcher of Birth
03-14-2012, 07:42 PM
Outstanding game. They really did show an amazing desire, just keep it up!

Seventhzealot
03-14-2012, 08:22 PM
Outstanding game. They really did show an amazing desire, just keep it up!

Especially for the game on March 21st ;) and oh yes, a battering of Liverpool would be rather welcome too ;)

MetalIsArt
03-15-2012, 02:04 AM
Fuck's sake. Napoli are hopeless at defending set pieces.

EDIT: Dossena, you fucking mong! Probably an ex-Liverpool thing ;)

Bah, stupid Chelsea. :bouville: :lol:

Seventhzealot
03-15-2012, 09:17 AM
Watch them get drawn against Apoel in the next round now ;)

Seventhzealot
03-15-2012, 09:21 AM
So Rio is apparently starting for us tonight. I just hope this doesn't cost us in the league due to the lack of a rest day. Don't really care what happens today but with our injury record, I'm just praying everyone comes through unscathed for the title run-in.

MetalIsArt
03-15-2012, 11:52 AM
Watch them get drawn against Apoel in the next round now ;)

Apoel will be not so easy, read: double motivation. When will they ever get another chance like this? :)

Seventhzealot
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM
Apoel will be not so easy, read: double motivation. When will they ever get another chance like this? :)

Easier than Barca/Madrid/Bayern ;)

MetalIsArt
03-15-2012, 11:53 AM

Yes, but still. ;)

God himself, Leo, will put it all to rest. ;)

Butcher of Birth
03-15-2012, 05:49 PM
Apoel and Benfica would be ideal of course. But it would be a true test, which would surely break us, if we drew the German or a Spanish side.

Seventhzealot
03-15-2012, 06:25 PM
My prediction for the draw

Apoel v/s Chelsea
Barcelona v/s Real Madrid
Marseille v/s Bayern Munich
AC Milan v/s Benfica

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-15-2012, 08:21 PM

But not as easy as Athletic Bilboa or a Champions League group with FC Basel, Benfica and Otelul Galati. Oh wait....

Seventhzealot
03-15-2012, 08:33 PM
But not as easy as Athletic Bilboa or a Champions League group with FC Basel, Benfica and Otelul Galati. Oh wait....

Bilbao is never an easy game, nevermind when you have more than an eye on the league title. Chelsea should be familiar with that. Oh wait.... :finger:

An off year in Europe after reaching three finals in four years. I'll take that, thank you very much.

It seems quite likely that Chelsea would have to win the thing to make an appearance next season now ;)

MetalIsArt
03-16-2012, 01:45 AM
Bilbao is never an easy game, nevermind when you have more than an eye on the league title. Chelsea should be familiar with that. Oh wait.... :finger:

An off year in Europe after reaching three finals in four years. I'll take that, thank you very much.

It seems quite likely that Chelsea would have to win the thing to make an appearance next season now ;)

No Spanish team is ever easy ;)

But you have my permission the beat Real Mash*t. :allan:

maidenpriest
03-16-2012, 03:01 AM
No Spanish team is ever easy ;)

But you have my permission the beat Real Mash*t. :allan:

I don't pay much attention to Spanish leagues since its always dominated by Real and Barca...just find it hard to pay attention to when two teams dominate so much. It almost makes me doubt the skill of the other teams lol

ravenheart
03-16-2012, 03:23 AM
I don't pay much attention to Spanish leagues since its always dominated by Real and Barca...just find it hard to pay attention to when two teams dominate so much. It almost makes me doubt the skill of the other teams lol

Tell it to Scotland.

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 08:36 AM

Has a lot to do with the fact that Real and Barca use that TV deal like vultures to pocket most of the money unlike the premier league where the TV revenue is split evenly across the board. So unless you have an immaculate pipeline of youth coming in like Bilbao, you'll struggle in the league.

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 08:37 AM
Tell it to Scotland.

Might be just the one team if things get worse....

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 08:40 AM
Apoel v/s Real Madrid
Benfica v/s Chelsea
AC Milan v/s Barcelona

Well at least I got one game right :D An El Clasico for a final looks quite probable, would be the first time ever too.

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 08:52 AM
Just read this on redcafe a few days back, this is the first season in ten years when United have not made a cup final :eek:

No wonder so many of our fans are so spoilt :lol:

maidenpriest
03-16-2012, 12:14 PM
Apoel v/s Real Madrid
Benfica v/s Chelsea
AC Milan v/s Barcelona

Well at least I got one game right :D An El Clasico for a final looks quite probable, would be the first time ever too.

Ugh I was really hoping Milan would make it to the final...oh well. Not with them playing Barca it won't happen.

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 12:37 PM
Ugh I was really hoping Milan would make it to the final...oh well. Not with them playing Barca it won't happen.

They were lucky to make it into the quarter-finals nevermind the final.

Butcher of Birth
03-16-2012, 01:36 PM
Chelsea vs. Madrid final, done.

maidenpriest
03-16-2012, 01:37 PM
They were lucky to make it into the quarter-finals nevermind the final.

I know, they failed miserably in the 2nd leg. Still had hope though lol

MetalIsArt
03-16-2012, 01:38 PM
Chelsea vs. Madrid final, done.

Funniez :D

Barca vs Madrid is what I say. :finger:

maidenpriest
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
I highly doubt Chelsea could beat Barcelona.

MetalIsArt
03-16-2012, 01:44 PM
Tell it to Scotland.

This.

Unlike Barca & Madrid, they don't mean anything anymore in Europe. I know, it's not the only thing that matters in football, but Scotland just hasen't got the same money & talent as them. (Belgian teletext ceased to mention the Scottish league around 2009/2010 e.g.)

I'm all for "smaller" clubs to reach at least the semi-finals, but even if you change the system, those two will always be there.

Barcelona has been in European competitions non stop since 1955.

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 03:40 PM
This.

Unlike Barca & Madrid, they don't mean anything anymore in Europe. I know, it's not the only thing that matters in football, but Scotland just hasen't got the same money & talent as them. (Belgian teletext ceased to mention the Scottish league around 2009/2010 e.g.)

I'm all for "smaller" clubs to reach at least the semi-finals, but even if you change the system, those two will always be there.

Barcelona has been in European competitions non stop since 1955.

When were they ever relevant in the top tier of Europe apart from the Lisbon Lions and the Celtic side in 1970 ;)

That said, I'd love to see a Barcelona v/s Bayern final in the Allianz Arena. Surely that'll be as big a test for Barca as any they've had.

Butcher of Birth
03-16-2012, 04:51 PM
I highly doubt Chelsea could beat Barcelona.

Well we should have won when we had Hiddick as a manager, but sadly a stupid ref from Norway decided handballs don't matter in Semi-Finals.

Seventhzealot
03-16-2012, 06:20 PM
Well we should have won when we had Hiddick as a manager, but sadly a stupid ref from Norway decided handballs don't matter in Semi-Finals.

That's harsh ;)

MetalIsArt
03-17-2012, 03:04 AM

Chelsea will never win the CL.

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 05:53 AM

Damn you, MIA. Don't tempt fate lad :mad:

Butcher of Birth
03-17-2012, 06:49 AM
That's harsh ;)

HE DIDN'T STAY ON! Though his successor was Carlo... BUT STILL!

And I feel one day Chelsea will.

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 10:40 AM

He was never brought for the long term. Besides, Guus is a shrewd geezer, always picks low profile jobs ;)

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 10:55 AM
With that victory, Swansea are up into eighth now. Have to say, their ball-retention is just brilliant.

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 11:33 AM
Fabrice Muamba :( Hope he's alright and comes through!

MetalIsArt
03-17-2012, 12:12 PM

And I feel one day Chelsea will.

No. I shall never allow it. :bouville:

:D ;)

ravenheart
03-17-2012, 12:28 PM
With that victory, Swansea are up into eighth now. Have to say, their ball-retention is just brilliant.

They worked so much harder than us. We just didn't compete at all. Totally out played and barely even tried to change it. Worst performance of the season at home for us.

Just got home to see the Muamba thing.

MetalIsArt
03-17-2012, 12:45 PM
Damn you, MIA. Don't tempt fate lad :mad:

Fate tempts me mate. :light:

:allan: :lol:

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 12:48 PM
They worked so much harder than us. We just didn't compete at all. Totally out played and barely even tried to change it. Worst performance of the season at home for us.

Just got home to see the Muamba thing.

Was quite surprised with that result because Fulham at Craven Cottage are such a difficult proposition. Didn't watch the game but Swansea had something like 62% of possession.

I was watching the cup game. Within moments it was apparent that it was quite serious from the reactions of the players and fans alike. Thankfully he got all the medical attention he could get and hopefully he pulls through. :(

Seventhzealot
03-17-2012, 01:17 PM
Sky reporting that his condition is stable now...

Butcher of Birth
03-18-2012, 06:43 AM
Hate to see any player involved in such a horrible situation. Hope he can make a speedy recovery, and the doctors and medical staffs around the league and world can make sure this is prevented.

Seventhzealot
03-18-2012, 08:25 AM
Four point lead at the top and we chipped away at the GD too. City to play twice before we kick off against Fulham next Monday though.

ravenheart
03-18-2012, 01:48 PM
Four point lead at the top and we chipped away at the GD too. City to play twice before we kick off against Fulham next Monday though.

At least that's a guaranteed win.

Butcher of Birth
03-18-2012, 03:20 PM

:lol:

Seventhzealot
03-18-2012, 03:38 PM

Don't jinx it raveny :flame:

MetalIsArt
03-19-2012, 03:09 AM
In other news: Kilmarnock won the Scottish League Cup, with a goal from Van Tornhout (ex Club Brugge)… ;)

Seventhzealot
03-19-2012, 06:55 AM
In other news: Kilmarnock won the Scottish League Cup, with a goal from Van Tornhout (ex Club Brugge)… ;)

Yeah I read about that yesterday. How ironic considering we were talking about it being a two team league (which it is in truth) ;)

MetalIsArt
03-19-2012, 12:33 PM
Yeah I read about that yesterday. How ironic considering we were talking about it being a two team league (which it is in truth) ;)

Indeed. Fate has interrupted ;)

Seventhzealot
03-19-2012, 07:14 PM
Indeed. Fate has interrupted ;)

which is why I didn't want you talking about Chelsea not winning the Champions League :flame:

MetalIsArt
03-20-2012, 03:10 AM
which is why I didn't want you talking about Chelsea not winning the Champions League :flame:

I control fate... this shall never be. :flame: :bouville:

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 11:46 AM
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1771656.html

Good news. Estadio Da Luz is a fantastic stadium and definitely ranks within some of my favorite stadiums. I think the 2013 final is at Wembley.

ravenheart
03-20-2012, 01:38 PM
http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/news/newsid=1771656.html

Good news. Estadio Da Luz is a fantastic stadium and definitely ranks within some of my favorite stadiums. I think the 2013 final is at Wembley.

Right, because any of us will be attending ;)

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 01:49 PM

None of you Londoners will for sure, apart from maybe the London Reds ;)

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 02:45 PM
Juve-Milan has gone into extra time.

ravenheart
03-20-2012, 03:03 PM
None of you Londoners will for sure, apart from maybe the London Reds ;)

And how many European finals have you attended? ;)

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 03:22 PM

Well excuse me for still being a student ;)

ravenheart
03-20-2012, 03:26 PM
Blackburn look to have gotten themselves out of danger for the time being. Thought they'd win tonight if the players they've had in form for the last few weeks kept it up. Hoilett on the scoresheet again.

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 03:29 PM
Blackburn look to have gotten themselves out of danger for the time being. Thought they'd win tonight if the players they've had in form for the last few weeks kept it up. Hoilett on the scoresheet again.

Yeah looks like they'll stay up after all. Quite commendable after the senior players they've lost. Hoilett showed flashes of brilliance again though I really cannot see him at Blackburn next season.

We always struggle at Ewood and it'll be another tough game in a fortnight.

ravenheart
03-20-2012, 03:33 PM
Yeah looks like they'll stay up after all. Quite commendable after the senior players they've lost. Hoilett showed flashes of brilliance again though I really cannot see him at Blackburn next season.

We always struggle at Ewood and it'll be another tough game in a fortnight.

Shame really, I wanted them to go down.

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 03:37 PM
Shame really, I wanted them to go down.

Same here. I'd much rather them go down and Wigan stay up. Wigan are a nice six pointer with a GD of +7 or more for us and they usually tend to take points off our rivals too.

Plus they gave us Antonio when Madrid were in for him too :lovedup:

ravenheart
03-20-2012, 03:38 PM
I just don't like Steve Kean's face.

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 03:41 PM
I just don't like Steve Kean's face.

:lol: He was such a certainty to get sacked at the start of the season. He's done well to keep them in the league I'd say.

In other news Forest stuffed Leeds 7-3 at Elland Road. That's always welcome :dfork:

Southampton look like they'll win the Championship and be back in the top division next year too after seven years.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-20-2012, 08:28 PM

I've been to a Europa League match. :eyes:

Seventhzealot
03-20-2012, 10:52 PM
Come on Chelsea. We did you a favor by doing the double over both the North London sides thus helping your bid for 3rd/4th place. Time for you to do us a favor now!

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 03:17 AM
I'd like City and Arsenal wins tonight, with both the other games being draws, preferrably 0-0 at Spurs.

Most importantly of all, goals and assists for David Silva, Robin Van Persie, Leon Osman, Luis Suarez and Juan Mata.

MetalIsArt
03-21-2012, 03:50 AM

With a Metalsetlists tourbus? I'm all for. :hmm: ;)

Seventhzealot
03-21-2012, 07:43 AM
I'd like City and Arsenal wins tonight, with both the other games being draws, preferrably 0-0 at Spurs.

Most importantly of all, goals and assists for David Silva, Robin Van Persie, Leon Osman, Luis Suarez and Juan Mata.

I played fantasy football for the first few weeks but then lost touch which is a shame because I was doing really well with Rooney in my side ;) Maybe next year we can have a league for the 5-6 people here who care about football :eyes:

You play the one on the premierleague site don't you?

With a Metalsetlists tourbus? I'm all for. :hmm: ;)

I'm okay with this :cool:

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 07:51 AM
You play the one on the premierleague site don't you?

Indeed.

Seventhzealot
03-21-2012, 08:11 AM
http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/03/03/article-2109766-1204391E000005DC-148_634x605.jpg

From Gary Neville's column a few weeks back.

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 08:59 AM
From Gary Neville's column a few weeks back.

The man's a genius :tp:

Seventhzealot
03-21-2012, 09:18 AM
The man's a genius :tp:

Did I say he was? ;) I just wanted a head to head fixtures list of United and City.

Anyway he is by far the best pundit on Sky, not that its much of an achievement though ;) He has been thoroughly unbiased throughout his stint except that Arsenal-Milan game where he was obviously willing on Arsenal to do it. Same cannot be said of some others though, *cough* Summerbee *cough*

ravenheart
03-21-2012, 09:33 AM
Did I say he was? ;) I just wanted a head to head fixtures list of United and City.

Anyway he is by far the best pundit on Sky, not that its much of an achievement though ;) He has been thoroughly unbiased throughout his stint except that Arsenal-Milan game where he was obviously willing on Arsenal to do it. Same cannot be said of some others though, *cough* Summerbee *cough*

Pretty much every regular pundit sucks. It's one of the reasons I don't watch much televised football.

Seventhzealot
03-21-2012, 11:50 AM
Pretty much every regular pundit sucks. It's one of the reasons I don't watch much televised football.

I rarely watch any pre or post game shows but I enjoy listening to Neville and Souness. I have to say though that Sky is much better than the transmission you get in other countries.

Seventhzealot
03-21-2012, 01:01 PM
Chelsea are going to get hammered here.

Seventhzealot
03-21-2012, 10:54 PM
Liverpool :lol:

http://soccernet-assets.espn.go.com/design05/images/2012/0321/jamiemackiecelebvlfc20120321_350x197.jpg

maidenpriest
03-22-2012, 03:06 AM
That pass from Tevez... :drool:

MetalIsArt
03-22-2012, 03:06 AM
Chelsea are going to get hammered here.
:D

ravenheart
03-22-2012, 03:43 AM
I rarely watch any pre or post game shows but I enjoy listening to Neville and Souness. I have to say though that Sky is much better than the transmission you get in other countries.

Sky is awful, so I dread to think what other countries get.

Seventhzealot
03-22-2012, 08:58 AM
:D

They were absolutely woeful. If they play like that again, goodbye 4th place and goodbye semifinals.

Seventhzealot
03-22-2012, 08:59 AM
Sky is awful, so I dread to think what other countries get.

Channel 5 and RTE are worse.

ravenheart
03-22-2012, 09:19 AM
Channel 5 and RTE are worse.

Channel 5? :lol: Goes without saying. They've been a joke since their inception.

RTE... Irish?

Seventhzealot
03-22-2012, 09:45 AM
Channel 5? :lol: Goes without saying. They've been a joke since their inception.

RTE... Irish?

Yeah so Sky are better than some :finger: I had to indulge in the Channel 5 malarki for the Europa.

Yeah, Irish. They have that geezer, Eamon Dunphy who is the most bitter pundit in all of sport. Fuck sakes, he makes Summerbee look good.

illninoese
03-22-2012, 11:40 AM
That pass from Tevez... :drool:

OHHH YEAH!!!! LIKE A BOSS!!!!! :party:

To anyone who watched the Everton/Arsenal game: that line ref needs to be re-educated on what being off really means.

Seventhzealot
03-22-2012, 01:08 PM
Phil Jones, Smalling, Fabio and Cleverley start the reserves game against Villa. Good game till now, interested in watching Will Keane. He'll have a greater role next season with Berbatov and (possibly) Owen on their way out.

Seventhzealot
03-24-2012, 07:45 AM
Spurs should have won that game. Easily the better side on the pitch.

Butcher of Birth
03-24-2012, 08:05 AM
Chelsea had a penalty appeal or two. Spurs had few chances but were very dangerous, where as Chelsea had more but less serious. We need a winger.

Seventhzealot
03-24-2012, 09:59 AM
Get the fuck in Wigan! :D

Seventhzealot
03-24-2012, 12:47 PM
City drop two points. Can't wait for the Fulham game now, just hoping the experience of our players and Sir Alex's mentality gives us an edge in this title run-in.

http://imgon.net/di-16KH.gif

ravenheart
03-24-2012, 01:29 PM
It should with the walk-in-the-park run of games you've got coming up.

There's no excuses for not winning it now. Seriously, us, Blackburn, QPR, Wigan, Villa as your next five games? You should also be beating Swansea and Sunderland at home.

While City have got to go to Arsenal, Newcastle and Norwich in their run.

The title is United's to lose now. Their run-in is far easier.

Seventhzealot
03-24-2012, 03:28 PM
The Sunderland game is away. But yes after navigating those tough run of fixtures through February, these games seem winnable now. Blackburn is a bit iffy because of our record there but we should beat this current side. Not getting carried away but its looking good so far, hopefully Arsenal can take some points off City as well so we can increase the gap further before the derby.

Seventhzealot
03-25-2012, 09:29 AM
If Newcastle hold on to this lead, they will go level with Chelsea.

ravenheart
03-25-2012, 09:36 AM
For fuck sakes, Ba, what the hell are you doing?

Seventhzealot
03-25-2012, 09:48 AM
Why is Scharner sporting a hairstyle from the 30's? :lol:

Morrison off due to an ankle injury for West Brom and so there go their hopes of getting something.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-25-2012, 10:49 AM
http://imgon.net/di-16KH.gif

Goal of the season.

ravenheart
03-26-2012, 12:53 PM
Goal of the season.

People say that about hit-and-hopes too often.

Butcher of Birth
03-26-2012, 05:03 PM

Goals a goal, and that was a boomer.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-26-2012, 09:26 PM

Speculative shot or not, it's an amazing fucking goal.

ravenheart
03-27-2012, 02:16 AM
It looked good in the end. It's not a good goal.

Seventhzealot
03-31-2012, 10:47 AM
What a fascinating day of football.

ravenheart
04-02-2012, 04:44 AM
Best results of the weekend were Reading beating West Ham and Newcastle beating Liverpool :D

Ours was good, despite Martin Jol's best efforts to fuck it all up in the second half.

Seventhzealot
04-02-2012, 06:47 PM
Big big victory today. Blackburn did their usual game-raising antics against us but glad that we stayed patient and got the job done. Now to do our job against QPR and hope Arsenal can recover from their loss on the weekend.

Butcher of Birth
04-07-2012, 06:34 AM
Chelsea are gonna win today, move back ahead of Newcastle, see off Barcelona, win at Gunners, and beat the magpies at the bridge to end the PL season. Easy. :eyes:

ravenheart
04-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Chelsea are gonna win today, move back ahead of Newcastle, see off Barcelona, win at Gunners, and beat the magpies at the bridge to end the PL season. Easy. :eyes:

Well, you fluked the first one...

Butcher of Birth
04-09-2012, 03:28 PM
Well, you fluked the first one...

Well shit... :lol: Dempsey does it again.

ravenheart
04-10-2012, 02:32 AM
All the reports this morning basically say "two points dropped by Chelsea". Reality: two points dropped by Fulham.

I don't recall the last time we dominated someone so much at The Cottage and didn't beat them.

Butcher of Birth
04-15-2012, 09:19 PM
Liverpool v. Chelsea final; yes.

ravenheart
04-16-2012, 06:04 AM
Goddamnit, Liverpool are going to win both cups. The annoying thing is they'll use that as a defence for a year of failure.

Butcher of Birth
04-16-2012, 08:11 AM
Goddamnit, Liverpool are going to win both cups. The annoying thing is they'll use that as a defence for a year of failure.

I don't think so. We were unable to beat Spurs all year, but pulled one over.

ravenheart
04-16-2012, 08:25 AM
Unfortunately for you, the things which irritate neutrals the most come true this season. Which means Liverpool will win it.

Butcher of Birth
04-16-2012, 09:58 AM
All I know is I'm excited to be going to the last game of the season for Chelsea, and by the time I get there I hope to have another trophy in the case.

illninoese
04-16-2012, 09:08 PM
We beat you twice this year back to back away from home. I think the F.A. Cup is ours.

Butcher of Birth
04-17-2012, 11:43 PM
We beat you twice this year back to back away from home. I think the F.A. Cup is ours.

Liverpool are in such a slump I doubt that you can beat us in our current form at our second home. Look what happened to Bale's comments, he ate them.

Butcher of Birth
04-18-2012, 04:38 PM
YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

ravenheart
04-18-2012, 04:54 PM
Lol, fluked another one before Barca win 5-0 next week.

MetalIsArt
04-19-2012, 02:43 AM

This. :D

Barca was better, certainly in the second half. But they blew their chances. And omfg, Drogba is such a wanker. He almost died for no apparent reason at least 5 times.

And I think that Alexi Sanchez is a bit too much "on his own".

ravenheart
04-19-2012, 08:43 AM
The whole Chesea phantom goal thing against Spurs the other day...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59675000/jpg/_59675753_matagoal.jpg

... looks in to me.

MetalIsArt
04-19-2012, 09:58 AM
The whole Chesea phantom goal thing against Spurs the other day...

http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/59675000/jpg/_59675753_matagoal.jpg

... looks in to me.

To me too. :confused: :eyes:

Butcher of Birth
04-23-2012, 07:23 PM
At the right angle it looks in, and that is all that matters.

Also, next game I think we are going to try and pull an Inter and park the bus. We might try and score in the 1st half again, but second half, just hold on.

ravenheart
04-24-2012, 02:34 AM
At the right angle it looks in, and that is all that matters.

Actually, no. Whether or not it's actually in is what matters.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-24-2012, 02:18 PM

I'm starting to like all these fluke wins.

ravenheart
04-24-2012, 03:07 PM
I'm starting to like all these fluke wins.

Doesn't sound like this one was a fluke.

The others were.

Butcher of Birth
04-24-2012, 09:35 PM
Torres making a point that the money spent on him wasn't a waste. In truth, we could have just held on and go through on away goals, but it's great to have that feeling of winning on agg.

ravenheart
04-25-2012, 03:18 AM
Torres making a point that the money spent on him wasn't a waste.

One important goal doesn't prove that. He's got a long way to go before that money can be at all considered worth it.

It'll be interesting to see how the depeleted squad does in the final. I read this morning no Terry, Meireles, Ramires and Ivanovic through suspensions, and if Cahill and Luiz don't recover from injuries (although they probably will) you might need to bring Di Matteo out of retirement as a make-shift full-back ;)

Butcher of Birth
04-25-2012, 09:43 PM
One important goal doesn't prove that. He's got a long way to go before that money can be at all considered worth it.

It'll be interesting to see how the depeleted squad does in the final. I read this morning no Terry, Meireles, Ramires and Ivanovic through suspensions, and if Cahill and Luiz don't recover from injuries (although they probably will) you might need to bring Di Matteo out of retirement as a make-shift full-back ;)

Well it says the Media Pay-Out for being in the final is worth close to 50 million pounds, so, that would surely pay for him :lol:

And Bayern will be without three starters, so it should be even.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-25-2012, 09:47 PM
Doesn't sound like this one was a fluke.

The others were.

We played Barca the exact same way both times. How was one result a fluke and the other not?

ravenheart
04-26-2012, 03:01 AM
You mean the one where you scored a goal against the run of play from a long ball that happened to fall in the right place?

And I was talking about before the Barca games, like the game you won with two blatantly offside goals, the one you drew with a dodgy penalty, etc.

Roberto is definitely doing a decent job, but luck has very much been on his side. Tuesday was the first game for several weeks where I genuinly feel Chelsea played well and deserved the result.

ravenheart
04-30-2012, 12:00 PM
I suppose I'd better watch this then...

mankvill
04-30-2012, 12:22 PM
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early?
The problem with Arsenal is that they always try to walk it in!

ravenheart
04-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Did you see that ludicrous display last night?
What was Wenger thinking sending Walcott on that early?
The problem with Arsenal is that they always try to walk it in!

He simply shouldn't use Walcott at all.

Butcher of Birth
05-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Visited Craven Cottage today, nice part of town. Hoping to hit the other stadiums before I depart on Wednesday.

ravenheart
05-12-2012, 07:41 AM
Visited Craven Cottage today, nice part of town. Hoping to hit the other stadiums before I depart on Wednesday.

You should have gone there today for the game! £3 on the door.

In said game, we are 2-0 up and minutes away from winning the Premier Academy League Final.

Butcher of Birth
05-12-2012, 12:58 PM
You should have gone there today for the game! £3 on the door.

In said game, we are 2-0 up and minutes away from winning the Premier Academy League Final.

BOLLOCKS!!!! Had I have known I would have gone for sure... Fuck. Well I'll be at the Chelsea v. Rovers game.

ravenheart
05-12-2012, 01:29 PM
BOLLOCKS!!!! Had I have known I would have gone for sure... Fuck. Well I'll be at the Chelsea v. Rovers game.

Well, that's a little more prestigious at least ;)

We held on at 2-0, so we're the Premier Academy League Champions now, which is nice. Not sure if many of them will make the step up to the first team, but still.

Apparently the whole first team squad was there to watch the game after this morning's training session before going to Spurs tomorrow. Crowd was around 15,000, which is decent for under 18s!

As for Chelsea-Blackburn tomorrow, Cech rested, Hilario in goal, Bertrand starts, clean sheet, Mata hat-trick. Thanks ;)

Butcher of Birth
05-12-2012, 04:44 PM
As for Chelsea-Blackburn tomorrow, Cech rested, Hilario in goal, Bertrand starts, clean sheet, Mata hat-trick. Thanks ;)

Hopefully the first team makes a few rounds of the stadium to wave and what not. The first time I saw Chelsea, which was the last time, was a pre-season game in Dallas where they rested everyone but Essien basically.

I saw a few first team players around Craven Cottage yesterday, but I didn't know their names just their faces. I could hear a training session going on.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-12-2012, 08:28 PM
I'll be going to two of the Chelsea matches during the pre-season tour. NY and Philly. Plus I'm planning on coming over to the UK early next season to catch a match or two. Probably September.

Have fun at the match tomorrow, BOB.

Butcher of Birth
05-13-2012, 02:19 AM
I'll be at the Miami game. I would have loved to have seen Carlo in person again :lol: but oh well.

Thanks man!

ravenheart
05-13-2012, 06:48 AM
Well, I got the Bertrand start at least.

Talk about resting players though. Mata, Mikel, Cech, Kalou out of the squad completely. Drogba, Torres, Cole on the bench.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-13-2012, 10:10 AM
What a finish!

:lol: ManU.

Butcher of Birth
05-13-2012, 12:15 PM
Very fun game to be at!

ravenheart
05-13-2012, 04:26 PM
I can't believe City did that.

To be honest though, today was a massive disappointment for me. Fucking Bolton throwing away a two-goal lead. Idiots.

Butcher of Birth
05-14-2012, 02:16 AM
Fucking Bolton throwing away a two-goal lead. Idiots.

This. When they announced the scores at the Bridge the place went nuts and chanting "Come on Bolton! Come on Bolton!"

ravenheart
05-14-2012, 08:26 AM
So, Mark Hughes for Villa? ;)

Butcher of Birth
05-15-2012, 03:01 AM
I wouldn't doubt it, and as much as I don't support Arsenal, I feel a RVP/Podolski partnership would be very deadly.

But look at Nasri, left for trophies and got one.

ravenheart
05-15-2012, 04:04 AM
You've lost me... I'm talking about the managerial vacancy after the sacked Alex McLeish...

Butcher of Birth
05-15-2012, 11:40 AM
You've lost me... I'm talking about the managerial vacancy after the sacked Alex McLeish...

Sorry, I had agreed with your Mark Hughes statement :lol:

Then went on to talk about the speculation in the papers about RVP.

ravenheart
05-17-2012, 03:19 AM
Bye, bye Kenny.

Classic.

Butcher of Birth
05-17-2012, 01:58 PM
Bye, bye Kenny.

Classic.

I hear AVB and Martinez are top of the list. I say go for Moyes haha.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-19-2012, 02:43 PM
Gotta love all these fluke wins. :lol:

King Slender
05-19-2012, 04:19 PM
http://u.goal.com/181300/181301.jpg

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-20-2012, 08:26 AM
http://u.goal.com/181300/181301.jpg

http://sphotos.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/556174_10150888563249381_648044380_9281978_3874584 89_n.jpg

ravenheart
05-20-2012, 12:57 PM
I hear AVB and Martinez are top of the list. I say go for Moyes haha.

Martinez should do what Rodgers did.

ravenheart
05-20-2012, 12:58 PM
Gotta love all these fluke wins. :lol:

Are you trying to make a habit of ignoring context? You should become a newspaper pundit.

Butcher of Birth
05-20-2012, 05:28 PM
YES! YES! YES! YES! GET IN IT!!!!! :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-20-2012, 06:24 PM
Are you trying to make a habit of ignoring context? You should become a newspaper pundit.

It was sarcasm. I know you didn't mean every Chelsea victory from then on was a fluke.

We rode our luck with our tactics against Barca and Bayern. Thankfully our luck held out.

Thank the football gods for Didier Drogba. He's as great a big-match player as you can get. 9 goals in 9 Cup Finals. He's still a beast and I hope they give him the 2 year contract he wants.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-06-2012, 12:12 PM
Booked my flight to NYC and got tickets for the Chelsea matches against PSG at Yankee Stadium and against the MLS All-Stars in Philadelphia.

:party::party::party:

Butcher of Birth
06-07-2012, 06:44 AM
Booked my flight to NYC and got tickets for the Chelsea matches against PSG at Yankee Stadium and against the MLS All-Stars in Philadelphia.

:party::party::party:

Should have went to the Miami one man.. ;)

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-07-2012, 09:49 AM
Should have went to the Miami one man.. ;)

I would have liked to, but my brother lives in Brooklyn so I can stay with him. Get to see Chelsea and visit with my brother. We're driving down to Philly from his place for the MLS All-Star match.

Butcher of Birth
06-07-2012, 11:45 PM
I would have liked to, but my brother lives in Brooklyn so I can stay with him. Get to see Chelsea and visit with my brother. We're driving down to Philly from his place for the MLS All-Star match.

Well you will see Hazard before me, so wish him luck. Tell him... :eyes: Welcome to the Garden, Eden... :cool:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-21-2012, 09:56 AM
About to hop on a plane to NYC. Can't wait to see CFC in person again. Been too long.

:rocker:

ravenheart
07-30-2012, 05:36 AM
Premier League followers!

Every year I do a mini-league in the Official Premier League Fantasy Football.

If you want to enter a team, PM me and I'll hook you up with the code to join.

Basically you get £100m to buy a two keepers, five defenders, five midfielders and three forwards. You can make substitutions between your starting 11 and bench before each week's round of matches, one free transfer per week (4 points per additional transfer), two wildcards to play per season to get unlimited transfers for one week (the second one is only available during the January transfer window), and points are scored for the usual things like goals, assists, clean sheets etc. Double for the nominated captain (which you can change every week, and can also nominate a vice captain in case your captain doesn't play), and one or two position-specific things like saves for goalkeepers etc.

Butcher of Birth already has... and he clearly needs beating ;)

Butcher of Birth
07-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Butcher of Birth already has... and he clearly needs beating ;)

I slayed last year in the ESPN league, hoping I can bring some pain to the EPL's fantasy! :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-30-2012, 04:58 PM
Probably belongs in the "post pictures of yourself" thread but anyway...

Me at the Chelsea vs the MLS All-Stars match:

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/557131_4351037897214_1973579990_n.jpg

Me on Fox Soccer Channel during the CFC/PSG match:

http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/549469_4355280523277_1046305579_n.jpg

ravenheart
07-31-2012, 02:45 AM
Probably belongs in the "post pictures of yourself" thread but anyway...

Yeah, yeah, yeah. Join the fantasy league!

Butcher of Birth
08-12-2012, 08:35 AM
fuck.

hot_turkey_ed
08-12-2012, 09:45 AM
Changed thread title. Season starts in a week.

Butcher of Birth
08-12-2012, 04:31 PM
Changed thread title. Season starts in a week.

Thanks!!! :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-17-2012, 10:08 PM
It looked good in the end. It's not a good goal.

Premier League Review Show Goal of the Season.

Just sayin. ;)

ravenheart
08-18-2012, 03:26 AM
Premier League Review Show Goal of the Season.

Just sayin. ;)

Precisely what I said. It looked good. That's all that's needed to win goal of the season.

I see you've failed to join the Fantasy League. Well done.

Butcher of Birth
08-18-2012, 01:04 PM
Well done, Fulham. Now Chelsea just needs to step up big.c

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-18-2012, 05:30 PM
I see you've failed to join the Fantasy League. Well done.

I don't do fantasy sports. Sorry.

Where's Dempsey going to end up?

ravenheart
08-18-2012, 06:01 PM
I don't do fantasy sports. Sorry.

Laziness? ;)

Where's Dempsey going to end up?

Our reserves, I think.

Butcher of Birth
08-18-2012, 08:22 PM
Acting like an ass and wanted to move to a bigger club should not work out in his favor... But it will. I bet he moves to Germany.

ravenheart
08-19-2012, 04:49 AM
Acting like an ass and wanted to move to a bigger club should not work out in his favor... But it will. I bet he moves to Germany.

So long as we get paid the appropriate amount of cash for him, fine.

I'm more concerned about keeping Mousa Dembele.

Butcher of Birth
08-20-2012, 10:38 AM
Yeah you need to keep him. But this is a good sign for Fulham, they should be pushing up with the likes of the Liverpool teams in looking for European spots every year.

ravenheart
08-20-2012, 01:55 PM
Glooorry, glory Man Uniii... oh.

Butcher of Birth
08-21-2012, 03:52 PM
Glooorry, glory Man Uniii... oh.

Sadly both Manchester clubs didn't drop three, but at least United was shut down by Everton. 4-4 should have given them a scare last season.

ravenheart
08-29-2012, 09:04 AM
Dembele to Spurs. Season over.

Butcher of Birth
08-30-2012, 09:29 PM
Dembele to Spurs. Season over.

Let's not be too hasty.

Butcher of Birth
08-31-2012, 07:50 AM
Berbatov is not a bad signing in the least for Fulham, let's not forget him from Spurs and Man United days.

ravenheart
08-31-2012, 11:28 AM
Berbatov is not a bad signing in the least for Fulham, let's not forget him from Spurs and Man United days.

What, yesterday? ;)

Butcher of Birth
08-31-2012, 12:45 PM
What, yesterday? ;)

Exactly haha, he was co-golden boot two years ago wasn't he? Then he was benched for lord knows why. :hecho:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
09-26-2012, 09:37 PM
Made this last night.

http://sphotos-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/230519_4663824156675_18663202_n.jpg

Butcher of Birth
09-29-2012, 07:05 AM
COME ON FULHAM. BIG WIN FOR CHELSEA! :lol:

ravenheart
09-30-2012, 06:16 PM
Oh man, Ferguson moaning about the amount of injury time. That's priceless.

Butcher of Birth
10-03-2012, 04:17 PM
Oh man, Ferguson moaning about the amount of injury time. That's priceless.

Spurs deserved that win, though half of me (all of me, who am I kidding) thinks Fergie should be see punishment for his abuse of the officials. He needs to have his bans and fines increased each time.

ravenheart
11-21-2012, 02:18 AM
Di Matteo sacked by Chelsea.

Don't imagine many people had him down as the first Prem manager to be sacked this season...

Hughes must be next.

MetalIsArt
11-21-2012, 03:19 AM
Problem, Chelsea? :D

ravenheart
11-21-2012, 03:25 AM
Wonder if they'll try for Redknapp... people seem to think he's a decent manager. And he does love having money to spend needlessly.

Word is they're talking to Benitez... which is just pure comedy.

MetalIsArt
11-22-2012, 10:41 AM
Wonder if they'll try for Redknapp... people seem to think he's a decent manager. And he does love having money to spend needlessly.

Word is they're talking to Benitez... which is just pure comedy.

Well whaddayaknow, it IS Benitez. :D

illninoese
12-23-2012, 06:55 PM
http://www.footytube.com/video/liverpool-fulham-dec22-149643?ref=head_vd_mp

Christmas came early.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
03-04-2013, 09:30 PM
Just purchased my ticket for the Chelsea v. Everton match. Last match of the season. :rocker:

Hope we have a top 4 spot locked up by then. I guess if it comes down to the last match, it will make it even that more exciting.

hot_turkey_ed
03-11-2013, 09:39 AM
Awesome second half for Chelsea yesterday against Manchester United. No dog in that fight for me but just was great to watch.

es156
03-12-2013, 07:16 PM
Awesome second half for Chelsea yesterday against Manchester United. No dog in that fight for me but just was great to watch.

That was an awesome second half. My son even got into it. He was yelling "go Chelsea!" :D

Butcher of Birth
04-03-2013, 01:27 PM
Amazing match. Chelsea played out of their skin to keep the cup dream alive!

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-18-2013, 07:55 AM
Sorry, Ravenheart.

http://i.minus.com/is0OR3DlgQptr.gif

Pretty awesome strike.

ravenheart
04-18-2013, 07:57 AM
It was. As soon as it left his foot we all said that's going in.

No one was upset at conceding that goal. It was unstoppable.

The other two however were gifts. On the balance of the first half, 1-1 would have been a fair scoreline. But we were so shit in the second half that, despite Chelsea's strikers being completely anonymous, another Chelsea goal wouldn't have been unfair. Except that for clear chances, even then there weren't many and it took a mistake by us to concede the third one.

Plus, Petric, Schwarzer and Senderos need shooting.

es156
04-18-2013, 10:43 AM
Sorry, Ravenheart.

http://i.minus.com/is0OR3DlgQptr.gif

Pretty awesome strike.

It was a great shot...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VXvVl5abKu4

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
04-18-2013, 08:19 PM
The other two however were gifts. On the balance of the first half, 1-1 would have been a fair scoreline. But we were so shit in the second half that, despite Chelsea's strikers being completely anonymous, another Chelsea goal wouldn't have been unfair. Except that for clear chances, even then there weren't many and it took a mistake by us to concede the third one.

Plus, Petric, Schwarzer and Senderos need shooting.

I was surprised by the scoreline, actually. I always dread playing at Craven Cottage. Always a tough game.

Torres and Ba disappear somewhat often. As evidenced by all 3 goals scored by defenders.

ravenheart
04-19-2013, 04:56 AM
I was surprised by the scoreline, actually. I always dread playing at Craven Cottage. Always a tough game.

Torres and Ba disappear somewhat often. As evidenced by all 3 goals scored by defenders.

Ba, in his defence, only played about 15 minutes. But he barely touched the ball in that time.

Torres was basically useless. He played a couple of good balls into the box for other people, but in front of goal he was pretty wasteful.

You seen the moment when Chelsea have a free kick just outside the box, beat the wall, and Schwarzer does absolutely nothing. Doesn't even move his arms. And it just hits him, he falls over, and it goes over the bar. Absolute stunned silence in the stadium at that moment. We just all kind of looked at each other :lol:

ravenheart
04-23-2013, 03:12 AM
Well done, United. Thoroughly deserved. They've easily been the best team in the League all season.

I loved this though. About as much fuss is being made over Ryan Giggs as it is the club, with this from Platini regarding Gigg's loyalty to Man U:

"I like the people that fight for their colours."

Said the Frenchman :lol: :lol: :lol:

es156
04-23-2013, 08:24 PM
Mike Tyson on Suarez: "He bit someone, it happens." :lol:

Link (http://espnfc.com/news/story/_/id/1422795/mike-tyson-on-luis-suarez:-%27he-bit-someone,-it-happens%27-?cc=5901)

Guess Luis missed the pre-game snack. What a clown. :tp:

ravenheart
05-01-2013, 06:59 AM
What do people think of the 10-game ban for Suarez?

As a lot of people are quite rightly pointing out here, you can go in with an absolute horror tackle and intentionally break someone's leg, and get a 3-game ban.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-01-2013, 12:56 PM
I think the ban was fair, given his track record. Horror tackles deserve longer bans. Nothing the FA does surprises me. This whole "If the ref saw it, we can't retroactively punish a player." Is the biggest bunch of horseshit I've ever heard. mcManaman's tackle against Haidara should have resulted in a lengthy ban, but instead, he gets nothing.

ravenheart
05-08-2013, 02:11 AM
So, on Saturday, Fergie just outright lied, huh?

ravenheart
05-09-2013, 09:28 AM
David Moyes confirmed on a six-year deal.

No surprise there.

Sparky Hughes already piping up over the vacant Everton job. Also no surprise.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-09-2013, 11:23 AM
I'll be at Moyes's last match as Everton manager.

ravenheart
05-10-2013, 01:51 AM
I'll be at Moyes's last match as Everton manager.

I won't be at any game at all.

hot_turkey_ed
05-10-2013, 01:16 PM
What do people think of the 10-game ban for Suarez?

As a lot of people are quite rightly pointing out here, you can go in with an absolute horror tackle and intentionally break someone's leg, and get a 3-game ban.

I'd like to think a broken leg would get more than 3 days. Personally, I'm fine with 10 for biting. Seriously, he bit a guy .. who DOES that?

Separately: I don't know a ban is in order but I'm hoping for a karmic bitchslap on David Luiz for his writhing smile. That level of acting belongs in Serie A, not the Premier League. :D

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-11-2013, 09:36 AM
Karma owes way more bitchslaps to United than to David Luiz.

Hell of a finish against Villa today. Super Frank gets a brace for the record and we (all but) secure a top 4 spot.

hot_turkey_ed
05-14-2013, 12:44 AM
So Mancini is officially out. (http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/22507128)

:deadhorse

and Watford (http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/is-this-the-craziest-end-to-a-football-match-ever/story-fndkzvnd-1226640993949) !!!

:wtf:

es156
05-14-2013, 06:46 AM
and Watford (http://www.news.com.au/sport/football/is-this-the-craziest-end-to-a-football-match-ever/story-fndkzvnd-1226640993949) !!!

Oh man, that was an awesome ending!

hot_turkey_ed
05-15-2013, 11:18 AM
Wigan relegated after winning the FA Cup.. that's just not right. ;)

Arsenal was my introduction to the Premier League last year... it has been a little frustrating watching the team half-ass their way through this season -- napping through first half, then waking up in the second half to draw or win. Part of me would have like to see them get their teeth kicked in by Wigan.

es156
05-15-2013, 07:35 PM
Yeah, that is crazy for Wigan. Win the FA cup and get relegated a week later.

Awesome ending to the Europa title game. Both Chelsea goals were sweet.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
05-15-2013, 09:16 PM
Yeah, that is crazy for Wigan. Win the FA cup and get relegated a week later.

Awesome ending to the Europa title game. Both Chelsea goals were sweet.

Yeah, I was stuck at the airport and missed the goals but I've since seen them on the net. I'm actually three hours away from Heathrow on the inflight WiFi.

Maybe I'll have a parade to go to when I get there.

Can't wait for the stadium tour of the Bridge and the match on Sunday. :horns:

ravenheart
05-16-2013, 07:16 AM

EXACTLY the same thing that happened to Brentford two weeks ago. It was the last game of the regular season, they had a penalty which, if scored, would have won them automatic promotion to the Championship. Missed it, Doncaster went up the other end, scored, and went up in their place! Brentford then won their playoff semi-final after, ironically, a penalty shootout against Swindon, and play Yeovil.

So, who's got money on the first ever playoff for European qualification?

hot_turkey_ed
05-20-2013, 05:42 AM
And it is over .. for now... I would have liked to see Arsenal go like 4-1 on Norwich but whatever. 1-0 is affirmation of half-ass-dom.

Then again .. Norwich is visiting Silicon Valley in a couple of months.. playing the Quakes.. maybe I should be happy they didn't get detroyed... who knows. :confused:

ravenheart
05-21-2013, 01:43 PM
So whadaya all think of this new MLS team being formed by Man City and the Yankees?

hot_turkey_ed
05-21-2013, 03:58 PM
Better for the game to have the Premier League investing over here. It's nice of Manchester City to put a farm team in NY ;)

Conference realignment? Houston goes west for the balance?