PDA

View Full Version : Alexisonfire breaks up

adamclark52
08-05-2011, 05:59 PM
http://exclaim.ca/News/alexisonfire_call_it_quits

I know that a lot of people on this fourm probably hate this band but I think they were pretty good. Their last album Old Crows/Young Cardinals was really good for a radio-rock band. I can't say I'm surprised. City & Colour blow and I can see Dallas making a lot more money touring with them.

MPF
08-05-2011, 06:30 PM
Ok.

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2011, 09:56 PM
good

orlandodavis
08-05-2011, 09:58 PM
Alex from Family Ties?

TonyD
08-06-2011, 12:01 AM
http://images.wikia.com/scratchpad/images/a/a5/Borat.jpg

Hey I care not!

jd091
08-06-2011, 07:53 AM
Aw man, this sucks! They weren't bad by any means. And they were my best friend's favorite band; he's gonna be bummed to hear that.

Dextrimental
08-06-2011, 08:25 AM
I am bummed about this, I never got to see them live. City and Colour are playing here in October though, so that's something.

ShatteredFlame
08-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Honestly, they weren't bad.

DementedX14
08-06-2011, 09:57 AM
It is sad for me. Easily the best band in their genre IMO. :eyes:

illninoese
08-06-2011, 10:23 AM
Ohhhhhhh noessssssssss

Butcher of Birth
08-06-2011, 10:51 AM
Why is this not the NEWS SECTION!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

jd091
08-06-2011, 11:48 AM
Why is this not the NEWS SECTION!!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Wait... it totally was in Misinformation and Propaganda! Why did it get moved? Come on, post-hardcore is closer to metal than stuff like Rush, yet that gets to stay in Misinformation. Double standard here. :hmm:

jd091
08-06-2011, 11:57 AM
Seriously:

>Alice Cooper stays in Misinformation.
>Alice in Chains stays in Misinformation.
>Odd Future stays in Misinformation.
>ZZ Top stays in Misinformation.
>Red Hot Chili Peppers stays in Misinformation.
>Primus stays in Misinformation.
>Hank III stays in Misinformation.
>Jane's Addiction stays in Misinformation.

Can a mod respond to this post and explain to me why this thread needs to be moved? I am legitimately confused, and a little offended.

treghet
08-06-2011, 11:58 AM
I love when you guys get mad about a thread being moved. :lol:

jd091
08-06-2011, 12:00 PM
I love when you guys get mad about a thread being moved. :lol:

I just feel like there might be some music-ism toasted post hardcore here. :eyes:

treghet
08-06-2011, 12:00 PM
>Alice in Chains stays in Misinformation.

This one actually should be there. Alice in Chains has a lot of metal influences.

adamclark52
08-06-2011, 12:05 PM
I posted it in General Chat and it's stayed in General Chat, what are you all talking about?

treghet
08-06-2011, 12:06 PM
Now you guys need to get mad at him for posting it here in the first place. :tongue:

adamclark52
08-06-2011, 12:08 PM
I was expecting people to be pissed that I started a thread about a screamo band, not that it got posted in the wrong place.

jd091
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I posted it in General Chat and it's stayed in General Chat, what are you all talking about?

Oh shit, my bad! :lol: I could have sworn it was in Misinformation.

Anyway, Alexisisonfire is "hard" enough to post it there, as you see from what's been there in the past. Don't be afraid to put it there.

treghet
08-06-2011, 12:10 PM
I was expecting people to be pissed that I started a thread about a screamo band, not that it got posted in the wrong place.

Eh, nobody should be pissed. Technically this is where it should be posted.

jd091
08-06-2011, 12:14 PM
Now you guys need to get mad at him for posting it here in the first place. :tongue:

:D I mean, it should be in news... so yeah...

Hey, there are some great screamo bands out there. The genre isn't bad by any means.

jd091
08-06-2011, 12:16 PM
Eh, nobody should be pissed. Technically this is where it should be posted.

If you can post fucking Hank III, you can post Alexisonfire. Technically, it should be in news.

(this argument is actually pretty pointless)

treghet
08-06-2011, 12:19 PM
If you can post fucking Hank III, you can post Alexisonfire. Technically, it should be in news.

(this argument is actually pretty pointless)

"Metal Propaganda At Its Finest..."

If it was me running the board, everything that wasn't metal or at least metal influenced would be moved here, but I don't have that job, so why bother getting mad about it? Either way we are still allowed to discuss whatever we want, so I don't understand why everybody gets riled up about these inconsistencies.

EDIT: Also, if you want good screamo, listen to Orchid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKxRRjb_Zg

Butcher of Birth
08-06-2011, 06:25 PM
What the fuck are you people going on about?

Some band that the majority of this board doesn't care about broke up. wah.

ALSO! Who cares where it was posted? wah.

In the end, the genre they were in lost another band and we can all rejoice. :party:

jd091
08-06-2011, 08:21 PM
In the end, the genre they were in lost another band and we can all rejoice. :party:

...except the people who actually like this band, and post-hardcore? :confused:

treghet
08-06-2011, 11:19 PM
What the fuck are you people going on about?

Some band that the majority of this board doesn't care about broke up. wah.

ALSO! Who cares where it was posted? wah.

:tp:

DethMaiden
08-06-2011, 11:20 PM
Never loved them but never had a problem with them, a bummer to see them go. Damian Abraham from Fucked Up had a nice tweet today summing it up, I think: "I am legit bummed that our friends Alexisonfire are calling it a day. They did a lot to open doors for us "aggressive" bands in Canada."

Butcher of Birth
08-07-2011, 09:35 PM
...except the people who actually like this band, and post-hardcore? :confused:

Well when do they ever matter to this site?

Butcher of Birth
08-07-2011, 09:36 PM

:zzz:

jd091
08-07-2011, 09:47 PM
Well when do they ever matter to this site?

>You don't like a band
>They automatically don't matter to this site

El Gordo
08-07-2011, 10:19 PM
"Metal Propaganda At Its Finest..."

If it was me running the board, everything that wasn't metal or at least metal influenced would be moved here, but I don't have that job, so why bother getting mad about it? Either way we are still allowed to discuss whatever we want, so I don't understand why everybody gets riled up about these inconsistencies.

EDIT: Also, if you want good screamo, listen to Orchid. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qtKxRRjb_Zg

Indeed. It's not hard to tell what's metal and what's not. People on metal message boards in general think that when you tell them the band they like isn't metal, it means you think the band isn't good when all it means is that the band just isn't metal. Just because you have to post it in General doesn't mean it's shit.

Screamo is not a metal genre and it never will be. Screamo fucking sucks.

As soon as Dallas Green started doing City and Colour, Alexisonfire was done.

Butcher of Birth
08-08-2011, 12:43 AM
>They automatically don't matter to this site

Ahem... And I quote, "Some band that the majority of this board doesn't care about broke up. wah." If you are going to quote me, make sure you actually quote what I say, and not what you want me to say. ;)