PDA

View Full Version : David Draiman Sets Record Straight About Hiatus

imanidiot777
08-05-2011, 06:44 AM
http://www.revolvermag.com/news/exclusive-interview-disturbeds-david-draiman-sets-the-record-straight-about-their-indefinte-hiatus.html

The top part is all the part you already know, more information is down the bottom. I recall on the previous thread that people were mocking Draiman for his comment about the metal industry sucking right now. He spoke of what he actually meant by saying that, and I agree with him: the mass media does, for some reason, completely ignore heavy metal as a genre, or even hard rock for that matter, since I wouldn't consider Disturbed metal.

NecroRob
08-05-2011, 12:05 PM
Disturbed sold 179,000 copies of their last album in its first week of sales to place #1 on the charts and go certified gold.

Draiman needs to shut the fuck up.

Also, his contradictory position on the current state of metal makes it hard for me to take anything he says seriously. It's pretty easy to see that his new comments are nothing more than an attempt to cover his ass.

Maidenmagic
08-05-2011, 12:10 PM
Why complain that heavy metal is ignored by the mainstream media? It's always been like that and it always will be. I consider Disturbed to be a mainstream hard rock band.

The_jman
08-05-2011, 12:31 PM
its interesting that atreyu I believe is going to pause indefinitely as well. I think I've heard of other bands breaking up this year, just interesting to me.

it seems to me that disturbed are foolish to stop now, I mean I understand why they want to do it, but if assylum debued at number 1 doesn't this kind make them at least from a mainstream success point of view at the hight of their career?

hellawaits77ny
08-05-2011, 12:42 PM
Screw it, let 'em take a few years off. Shit, I'm a Disturbed fan, but their last 3 albums have been the same thing, and their live show has become stagnant. A very long break will probably bode well for them

GarageMetal468
08-05-2011, 09:15 PM
Wow, he's complaining about how heavy metal gets no recognition like it's making Disturbed go broke or something, yet they've been headlining festivals that bring in thousands of people for the last few years and can easily make a great living off of that. Meanwhile, up and coming bands on lesser crowd drawing tours (i.e.: Pathology, best example I can think of) are struggling to get fucking food money from what they do and aren't bitching one bit. Fuckin a, man.

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2011, 09:24 PM
So he doesn't want to make music because people don't care enough about his music? Thats stupid, last time I checked the last 3 Disturbed albums hit #1 and they're worshiped by every 13 year old boy in the country.

moobys37
08-05-2011, 09:46 PM
So he doesn't want to make music because people don't care enough about his music? Thats stupid, last time I checked the last 3 Disturbed albums hit #1 and they're worshiped by every 13 year old boy in the country.

My cousin who's 13 hates Disturbed and if he worships any band, it's Mortuary Drape. :party:

But to his point, it makes sense only if his end objective is to come back in a few years and try to do a massive arena comeback tour or something, but that's rather dangerous on his part since most of their fans outgrow the music after a year or two.

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2011, 10:11 PM
My cousin who's 13 hates Disturbed and if he worships any band, it's Mortuary Drape. :party:

:lol: thats pretty impressive.

xskizzelzx90x
08-06-2011, 02:00 PM
draiman...a bit overdramatic? (again).

imanidiot777
08-08-2011, 02:45 AM
I think the idea of going on hiatus for a few years is good for the band. Someone above me said it: the last three albums are the same and the live show is stagnant.

To the point about metal and mainstream media: I've had this discussion with people before. It shows the true nature of the biased United States media when it comes to heavy metal. It is clear as day that there are heavy metal bands that have a bigger and stronger following than a lot of mainstream crap and yet you hear nothing about it. I can take a guess and say it is that the American government and media are trying to train everyone to be non-confrontational and nicey nice people; and heavy metal is the farthest thing from non-confrontational.