PDA

View Full Version : That Guy With The Glasses

JRA
08-04-2011, 09:11 PM
http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/

Anybody a fan?

DisposableJustice
08-04-2011, 09:20 PM
I am indeed I mostly watch the Nostalgia Critic, the Spoony One, and Linkra once in a while. I do think the site has gotten a little clogged with new stuff but otherwise a great site I think Doug the creator is very talented

masterguy49
08-04-2011, 09:28 PM
I've been a fan since he was on youtube! Love the guy :D

Triggz
08-04-2011, 10:14 PM
I enjoyed his review of The Room. Haven't watched any of his other stuff,though.

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2011, 08:46 AM
I'm a big nostalgia critic fan. I watch Linkara every now and then but his episodes are way too long.

jd091
08-05-2011, 10:11 AM
I enjoyed his review of The Room. Haven't watched any of his other stuff,though.

This. The Room review was hilarious!

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2011, 10:52 AM
My favorite NC reviews are Batman & Robin and Garbage Pail Kids.

ShatteredFlame
08-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Yeah the Garbage Pail Kids one is my favorite. I never seen the movie but just by watching that review it looked painful to watch.

BloodoftheKings
08-05-2011, 11:26 AM
Yeah the Garbage Pail Kids one is my favorite. I never seen the movie but just by watching that review it looked painful to watch.

I actually tried to watch the movie once, the NC made it seem like it would be hilariously bad but it really was just painful.

JuuKun
08-05-2011, 12:17 PM
Big Nostalgia Critic fan. Watch some of the others occasionally, but not too often.

JRA
08-05-2011, 02:48 PM
I actually think the Nostalgia Critic is the weakest of Doug's creations. Video Game Confessions was my favorite, but even that has gotten stale lately.

Christen
08-06-2011, 01:49 AM
I used to like the Nostalgia Critic, but he's gotten stale as shit (I thought Kickassia and the newest "movie" were garbage). Still can be funny sometimes but his best days are behind him. I do enjoy watching Spoony and The Game Heroes on occasion.

ShatteredFlame
08-06-2011, 07:40 AM
I used to like the Nostalgia Critic, but he's gotten stale as shit (I thought Kickassia and the newest "movie" were garbage). Still can be funny sometimes but his best days are behind him. I do enjoy watching Spoony and The Game Heroes on occasion.

yeah I agree his last great one was Jaws 3-D. What I hate is he over reacts to stupid little kids movies that are not even that bad but forgettable. It's best when the movies are either offensively bad or so bad its good. And I couldn't even finish the first episode of the third year anniversary, the first one was awesome now it's all this anime cosplay bullshit.

JRA
08-06-2011, 08:26 AM
Completely agree on the "movies." Those things were really fucking bad. Someone needs to tell Doug that he's not a filmmaker.

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2011, 08:33 AM
I kind of enjoyed kickassia, I didn't bother to watch the new one.

Christen
08-06-2011, 12:35 PM
My basic opinion on Doug: Working on too many projects at once + giving yourself too short of a release window with your main project = quality of your main project (The Nostalgia Critic) going down. He needs to learn from the AVGN and release episodes once a month or at least once every two weeks.

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2011, 06:56 PM
My basic opinion on Doug: Working on too many projects at once + giving yourself too short of a release window with your main project = quality of your main project (The Nostalgia Critic) going down. He needs to learn from the AVGN and release episodes once a month or at least once every two weeks.

It would be best not to do anything like AVGN. The average NC episode is way funnier then any AVGN from the last 3 years. AVGN should just give up, NC is still funny but going slightly downhill.

JRA
08-06-2011, 07:12 PM
It would be best not to do anything like AVGN. The average NC episode is way funnier then any AVGN from the last 3 years. AVGN should just give up, NC is still funny but going slightly downhill.

I'm on the opposite end. NC hasn't been funny since 2009/10 and the AVGN while also not as good as he used to be is more entertaining.

BloodoftheKings
08-06-2011, 07:17 PM
AVGN slows down his schedule more and more every month. I believe he hasn't made a new episode in 3 moths. And it's not like the quality of his episodes increases at all when he increases the gap.

Christen
08-06-2011, 07:33 PM
He actually just released a new episode a few days ago, but it's pretty basic. He slowed down because he's working on a movie. I know a fair deal about the AVGN/TGWTG/ScrewAttack scene. I mod the ScrewAttack forums so you pick stuff up here and there.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-06-2011, 07:38 PM
I prefer AVGN.

JRA
08-06-2011, 07:59 PM
I mod the ScrewAttack forums so you pick stuff up here and there.

No shit? Is the dissent against Game Overthinker amongst mods as bad as people say? Now there is a guy circling the drain.

Christen
08-06-2011, 08:21 PM
I know a good chunk of the mod team can't stand TGO but I personally just choose to ignore him. I'm christenm123 on SA btw.

JRA
08-06-2011, 08:35 PM
Ah, I'll keep that in mind. I don't go to the forums very often, I spend too much time on other forums as it is.

Anyways with regards to the rest of the site I like:

Linkara: I don't even read comics but there's something oddly compelling about him. Maybe it's the fact that at any given moment 90's Kid will show and say something delightfully retarded. His story used to be cool too, but it jumped the shark after the second Silent Hill story.

Cinema Snob: I actually hated this guy at first because I didn't like how Kickassaia was trying to force "new talent" on us by giving them extra screen time, but after giving him a chance he's actually one of the funnier people on the site.

Obscurus Lupa: like the Cinema Snob, but more low key and calm. She also has figured out that the best style of comedy is rapid fire edits.

Todd In The Shadows: Remember that quote about Kesha I had as my signature? It came from this guy. He rules.

Nostalgia Chick: I go back and forth with her. I do like her style of weaving between movie summary and cultural context. The Dark Nella saga was absolutely fucking dreadful though, it felt like every idiot on that site was trying to insert dumb story shit a few months ago. She's been on a roll lately though.

The RapCritic: talks about modern rap singles and how they are lyrically deficient.

Christen
08-06-2011, 09:56 PM
Sorry if I de-railed the topic a bit, but here's the guys from TGWTG I like:

From Doug: Ask TGWTG and the Bum

Spoony: He's entertaining when I've got some time to kill, I watch the occasional review and his pro wrestling rants.

The Game Heroes: Being an old school ScrewAttack g1 I like to keep up with what Handsome Tom is doing.

Angry Joe: Another time killer reviewer. He can be okay sometimes.