PDA

View Full Version : Andrew 'Mac' McDermott dead

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 03:55 AM
Following "serious health problems", former Threshold singer Andrew McDermott has died.

Mac also fronted Powerworld for their 2010 album 'Human Parasite', Yargos, Sargant Fury and a new band called Swamp Freaks.

Real shame. He was a bit of a dick for walking out on Threshold days before a tour a couple of years ago saying he couldn't afford it anymore before promptly joining a different, less successful band, but he was vocalist on several of their finest albums. Real prog metal classics.

Another great singer gone :(

Maiden33
08-04-2011, 05:56 AM
This is terrible. Mac was amazing, and probably one of the most underrated vocalists out there in my opinion. His Threshold albums have always been my favorites, particularly "Hypothetical".

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 06:00 AM
I was actually glad when he left Threshold. I loved his albums with them, and I never actually got to see them with him, but his leaving paved the way for the return of Damian Wilson, who is my all-time favourite singer bar none, but I was really looking forward to Mac's new Swamp Freaks band getting going properly. They've only done an EP, which is now out of print, but they were working on an album and were going to tour this year.

I haven't heard the Powerworld album he's on, or the second Yargos album because it was never commercially released, only available from the band, but the first Yargos album is great.