brutal_descent
08-03-2011, 08:49 PM
10/18 West Hollywood CA - The Troubadour
10/20 Toronto ON - The Opera House
10/21 New York NY - The Gramercy Theatre

From DragonForce's Facebook.

llama lom
08-03-2011, 08:54 PM
I saw "intimate" and "DragonForce" and lol'd.

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-03-2011, 08:59 PM
I saw "intimate" and "DragonForce" and lol'd.

same here. God damn I hate DF :mad:

rjturtle9
08-03-2011, 09:12 PM
Fuck ya'll haterz. I'm gonna be at the Hollywood show, if work allows...

mankvill
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
same here. God damn I hate DF :mad:

i'm banning you from this site

Travis The Dragon
08-04-2011, 01:25 PM
I'm with Turtle and Mank on this! DF is fucking amazing!

Indestructible
08-04-2011, 01:31 PM
Dragonforce is good, I can kind of understand why people don't like them, but I think alot of people just like to hate bands that are well known.

BloodoftheKings
08-04-2011, 01:35 PM
I think alot of people just like to hate bands that are well known.

It has nothing to do with their popularity. I don't see what there is to like about a band that writes the same song over and over again. And it's more true for Dragonforce then any other band. There songs even have all the same lyrics, i've never heard a Dragonforce song where they don't say "So far away", and i've heard at least 10 of their songs.

mastodon421
08-04-2011, 01:38 PM
It has nothing to do with their popularity. I don't see what there is to like about a band that writes the same song over and over again. And it's more true for Dragonforce then any other band. There songs even have all the same lyrics, i've never heard a Dragonforce song where they don't say "So far away", and i've heard at least 10 of their songs.

This. Their live show is just as bad, if not worse.

HugeRockStar
08-04-2011, 01:45 PM
I remember I saw this band live (I was there mainly for Turisas), and the few cool things the bassist actually does on the album, he wouldn't even bother doing them live, and he was literally leaning on his amp while he was playing. I was near the front and pointed at him and he posed as if he thought he was making my night by acknowledging me, and then i mouthed 'you suck' and gave him the thumbs down. He then gave me a shit eating grin as if to say 'well I'm up here and your not' and gave me the finger lol. Good times.

mankvill
08-04-2011, 01:50 PM
It's not 2007 anymore, Dforce kicks ass live now

Indestructible
08-04-2011, 01:54 PM
What's wrong with them live? I only saw them at Ozzfest 2006 and they were fine.

ravenheart
08-04-2011, 03:24 PM
It's not 2007 anymore, Dforce kicks ass live now

I don't believe you. But I'll be sure to remember you said that while they're opening for Maiden tomorrow night and I'm in the pub down the street ignoring them.

Also, have they written a second song yet, or are they still playing that same one?

mankvill
08-04-2011, 03:58 PM
I don't believe you. But I'll be sure to remember you said that while they're opening for Maiden tomorrow night and I'm in the pub down the street ignoring them.

Also, have they written a second song yet, or are they still playing that same one?

:blah:

llama lom
08-04-2011, 07:24 PM
I think people misinterpreted my first message. That was just me being immature at the word intimate. :eyes:

I've been a fan of DragonForce for a while now. I saw them at Mayhem Fest and they put an interesting show. The songs were kind of long but I could deal with it. I'm interested to see what they do with the new singer they have and I think it'll come out great.

Butcher of Birth
08-04-2011, 07:30 PM
Here is them playing their first show with Maiden. Overall, I don't his voice, YET, but they sound tight. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNOphOuWejk&hd=1)