PDA

View Full Version : Devildriver to tour North America with 2 "huge bands" in early 2012

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-03-2011, 05:38 PM
From the PRP.com:

DevilDriver frontman Dez Fafara recently teased a “big” North American tour for early next year with “huge bands.” Speaking via his Twitter, he offered the following:

“Ok DEVILDRIVER “Wretched” get ready for some BIG TOUR announcements in the DD CAMP ! For The US & Canada First of next YEAR ! HUGE Bands !”

Thoughts? Huge bands? Sounds like DD will be opening. I bet this is Gigantour. Megadeth w/ Machine Head or Mastodon, DD then a few lesser known bands is my guess.

llama lom
08-03-2011, 05:44 PM
If this is Gigantour, I will be eagerly awaiting this.

mastodon421
08-03-2011, 05:46 PM
I am willing to bet that it's Gigantour.

Steev
08-03-2011, 05:47 PM
Well I predicted them on Gigantour a few weeks back, seems likely

Shadowswillfall414
08-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Logical band for gigantour.

MPF
08-03-2011, 05:57 PM
They are touring with Ghost and Suicide Silence.

They're HUGE bands now aren't they?

:tongue:

AnthG
08-03-2011, 06:39 PM
Glad to see they're doing tons of tours. That'd be like what, the 4th North American tour in support of Beast?

hellawaits77ny
08-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Gigantour would be sick:rocker:

masterguy49
08-03-2011, 07:52 PM

Fuck Suicide Silence, seriously, I used to not mind them but their fans are driving me fucking insane and I've already seen them 3 times because they keep appearing on tours I wanna see.

300%_Density
08-03-2011, 08:14 PM

Go home!!!! :finger: lol

MPF
08-03-2011, 08:18 PM
Go home!!!! :finger: lol

http://s.sfwgifs.com/img/1298/darryl-strawberry.gif

I actually really like Ghost. Suicide Silence can fuck off.

NickLed19
08-04-2011, 01:19 AM
Megadeth and who though? Hopefully Lamb of God.

Steev
08-04-2011, 04:47 AM

already been done

doesnt seem like it'll happen again(LOG is probably playing the same size venues now)

AnataFan4Life
08-04-2011, 05:12 AM
Fuck Suicide Silence, seriously, I used to not mind them but their fans are driving me fucking insane and I've already seen them 3 times because they keep appearing on tours I wanna see.

I saw them at Mayhem Fest yesterday and it sounded like one big breakdown. I watched them for like 2 minutes and felt it was a better idea to go meet Red Fang, which it was :rocker:

Steev
08-04-2011, 05:19 AM
I saw them at Mayhem Fest yesterday and it sounded like one big breakdown. I watched them for like 2 minutes and felt it was a better idea to go meet Red Fang, which it was :rocker:

Red Fang are awesome, fact

imanidiot777
08-04-2011, 06:38 AM

We can always hope for this, Megadeth, Lamb of God, DevilDriver, and please DOWN

mankvill
08-04-2011, 06:47 AM
We can always hope for this, Megadeth, Lamb of God, DevilDriver, and please DOWN

Barf. If we have to have past Gigantour bands, get fucking Overkill, not Lamb if Derp. Down is ok, not DD tho.

Epidemic Reign
08-04-2011, 06:56 AM
I actually really like Ghost. Suicide Silence can fuck off.

This.

Steev
08-04-2011, 07:05 AM
Barf. If we have to have past Gigantour bands, get fucking Overkill, not Lamb if Derp. Down is ok, not DD tho.

more people go to see Lamb Of God

Bigstu_13
08-08-2011, 11:15 PM
This is what I think Gigantor will be

Megadeth (obviously)
Anthrax
Mastadon
Trivium
Devildriver

Other the megadeth the bands dont go in that order

Christen
08-08-2011, 11:55 PM

Megadeth (obviously)
Anthrax
Mastadon
Trivium
Devildriver

I'd buy tickets to that in a heartbeat.

Butcher of Birth
08-09-2011, 12:05 AM

Forever this.

Also, I'm for a Machine Head and Devildriver Gigantour. Throw in Anthrax for fun and you got a great show on your hands.

Meanwhile... Lamb of God and Trivium on the bill...
http://www.heavyblogisheavy.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/04/AintTHatSomeShit.jpg

MPF
08-09-2011, 12:08 AM

Megadeth (obviously)
Anthrax
Mastadon
Trivium
Devildriver

As cool as that sounds on paer. How many times does Anthrax and Megadeth need to be on tour with each other? They gotta be sick of each other by now. :tongue:

Butcher of Birth
08-09-2011, 09:28 AM
As cool as that sounds on paer. How many times does Anthrax and Megadeth need to be on tour with each other? They gotta be sick of each other by now. :tongue:

Together in Florida, I think they have only done one tour here in recent memory.

BloodoftheKings
08-09-2011, 10:25 AM
I'm not sure about Mastodon. Mastodon can headline pretty big venues by themselves, I don't think they would want to play on a tour like this if they are billed that low. The played the Blackdiamonskye tour last year but that was an arena tour so it makes sense. Unless Dave makes Gigantour into a bigger thing I can't see Mastodon happening.

dcmetal108
08-09-2011, 12:16 PM
I'm not sure about Mastodon. Mastodon can headline pretty big venues by themselves, I don't think they would want to play on a tour like this if they are billed that low. The played the Blackdiamonskye tour last year but that was an arena tour so it makes sense. Unless Dave makes Gigantour into a bigger thing I can't see Mastodon happening.

True plus Mastondon has to be able to play a long set. No one wants to see them play like a 45 minute set.

Butcher of Birth
08-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I'm not sure about Mastodon. Mastodon can headline pretty big venues by themselves, I don't think they would want to play on a tour like this if they are billed that low.

When they did the Dethklok tour, they played the Hard Rock in Orlando and I have to say that most of the people were there for them, me included.