PDA

View Full Version : Casey Orr Leaves Gwar

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 04:01 PM
From GWAR's Facebook:

It's true, Casey Orr has left GWAR. The split was expected and completely amicable, and we wish him the best.

bt11763
08-02-2011, 04:03 PM
damn, i wonder if that's gonna affect anything they have coming up

MPF
08-02-2011, 04:08 PM
Maybe he was still a fan of Red Eye.

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 04:29 PM
More from GWAR:

You fools...it is true Casey has left, but Beefcake the Mighty lives on! And GWAR continues to RULE.

AnthG
08-02-2011, 04:46 PM
Is a member of GWAR that isn't Dave Brockie leaving really news worthy?

MPF
08-02-2011, 04:48 PM

If The guy from Breaking Benjamin firing his band can be newsworthy. A good band losing a good member is news worthy.

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM

Actually yes, Brad Roberts (Jizmak, drummer) and Mike Derks (Balsac, rythm guitar) have been in the band for 20 years. I personally am saddened by this news, the only thing that would make this good is if they brought back Mike Bishop, which isn't very likely.

EDIT: Bishop is gonna be Beefcake at Gwar B-Q so maybe theres hope.

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2011, 07:06 PM
If The guy from Breaking Benjamin firing his band can be newsworthy. A good band losing a good member is news worthy.

This

BloodoftheKings
08-02-2011, 07:14 PM
Mike Bishop actually had some things to say about it on facebook:

"I have heard nothing about it. I'm Not sure this was something they saw coming. Seems they would have mentioned it when discussing the gbq. Todd makes more sense unless they do a throw back show for This tour
I have signed teaching contracts and commitments to Sarah White"

"I Wouldn't rule it out but even without the scheduling I think it would be hard for me."

"I'm a fingerstyle player and while I can still play fast it would take a while to get that touch back well enough to do those later metal songs"

And GWAR.net had this to say:

"And this will be no ordinary GWAR set (if such a thing could existů) as original GWAR bass player Mike Bishop (the first Beefcake the Mighty) will join the band for a very special set of songs from the Scumdogs era, before turning over the stage to the latest incarnation of the universes most dangerous band!"

Will be interesting to see how this turns out.

GarageMetal468
08-02-2011, 10:59 PM
Sucks for GWAR but hopefully this means more Rigor Mortis!!!

Wizzbang11
08-03-2011, 09:35 AM
Actually I got the impression Bishop backed out now from his last fb post. Derks and Roberts are awesome, essential Gwar even, but since 2000 I don't think GWAR's sound would change much (if at all) should they depart. It's pretty much the Corey Smoot band. Bishop is my favorite bassist ever and seeing him return would be awesome since Id never even heard of gwar during the WKE tourcycle, but I doubt it'll happen.

BloodoftheKings
08-03-2011, 01:30 PM
Sucks for GWAR but hopefully this means more Rigor Mortis!!!

It does, one of the things he said in his statement about why he's leaving the band was that it's been stressful doing Gwar while working on a lot of other things like the new Rigor Mortis record. Rigor Mortis should be main support on a Gwar tour sometime soon. :rocker:

GarageMetal468
08-03-2011, 10:54 PM
It does, one of the things he said in his statement about why he's leaving the band was that it's been stressful doing Gwar while working on a lot of other things like the new Rigor Mortis record. Rigor Mortis should be main support on a Gwar tour sometime soon. :rocker:

Holy shit new Rigor Mortis with the self titled debut line up?!

AND A TOUR?!

:rocker::party::bowdown::shred:

BloodoftheKings
08-03-2011, 11:24 PM
Holy shit new Rigor Mortis with the self titled debut line up?!

AND A TOUR?!

:rocker::party::bowdown::shred:

Where did you hear this?

BloodoftheKings
09-18-2011, 12:10 PM
They have a new bass player. His name is Jamison Land and he was previously in a Louisville punk band called The Burial. Supposedly this is a guy they were already friends with, there wasn't auditions or anything.

bohab
09-27-2011, 05:34 AM
Jamison's girlfriend here...wanted to correct something. Even though Jamison has known these guys for many years, he absolutely did have to audition. Gwar flew him out to Richmond for a week to see how he fit. Of course he got the gig, and we moved from louisville to Richmond (I hate driving thru mountains!)

So yeah, just wanted to clear that up.

BloodoftheKings
09-27-2011, 03:56 PM
Jamison's girlfriend here...wanted to correct something. Even though Jamison has known these guys for many years, he absolutely did have to audition. Gwar flew him out to Richmond for a week to see how he fit. Of course he got the gig, and we moved from louisville to Richmond (I hate driving thru mountains!)

Good to hear from you. Is Jamison's position in the band permanent?

jd091
09-27-2011, 05:10 PM

OMG A FAMOUS PERSON ON THIS SITE

bohab
09-27-2011, 07:48 PM
Good to hear from you. Is Jamison's position in the band permanent?

Yup, sure is. We're living with dave and his girlfriend right now.

bohab
09-27-2011, 07:49 PM
OMG A FAMOUS PERSON ON THIS SITE

hahahaha....not really at all

jd091
09-27-2011, 08:03 PM
hahahaha....not really at all

Only allowed to post here if you like Anaal Nathrakh.

mankvill
09-27-2011, 08:42 PM

Tr00f

bohab
09-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Love that industrial edge ;P

BloodoftheKings
09-28-2011, 06:23 PM
Yup, sure is. We're living with dave and his girlfriend right now.

Can you tell Dave to include Rock n' Roll Never Felt So Good in the set for the upcoming tour? :snivel: