Magson13
08-02-2011, 02:14 PM
Imperium
Beautiful Morning
Locust
Aesthetics of Hate
Halo
DAVIDIAN!

They had an extra five minutes due to In Flames dropping off, and they added Davidian :drool:

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 02:15 PM
Let freedom ring with a shotgun blaaaast!

:blaze:

x-voltage
08-02-2011, 02:33 PM
That's awesome. I'm going to the Chicago date on Friday for Mayhem, I was wondering what the situation is for the main stage since In Flames is gone? It sounds like from your review that Machine Head is now on Main Stage again.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 02:37 PM

:rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::rocker::r ocker::rocker::rocker:

Had center rail for Red Fang and Kingdom of Sorrow. Then went for a bathroom break, and filled my bottle at the water fountain. Chilled in the shade until xcore kiddies were done, then went to the stage, and walked right up to the rail, right in front of where Demmell stood. Waited through Unearth on the other stage. Could see them at a side angle, was not impressed. Then MH tore it the fuck up. Skipped Athiarchists to sit in done shade and get more water. Currently being bored to death by Trivium, so I'm surfing the web on my phone hah.

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 02:39 PM
Had a rail spot for Unearth only :tongue:

Magson13
08-02-2011, 02:39 PM
That's awesome. I'm going to the Chicago date on Friday for Mayhem, I was wondering what the situation is for the main stage since In Flames is gone? It sounds like from your review that Machine Head is now on Main Stage again.

Aug 5,6,7th, MH is main stage, and they don't have the give extra minutes those days, so you probably won't get Davidian. Cross your fingers though, never know. The rest of the dates, MH is still headlining the sidestage, Trivium is opening main.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM
Had a rail spot for Unearth only :tongue:

Is that intended towards me, or are you saying you had it for them only?

If towards me, no sir, I watched them from the MH stage rail haha

Thrasher-NY
08-02-2011, 02:41 PM

Nice! Glad they used their extra 5 minutes wisely

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 02:45 PM
Is that intended towards me, or are you saying you had it for them only?

If towards me, no sir, I watched them from the MH stage rail haha

I'm talking about myself. I had a rail spot ready for Red Fang as well but left it before they started to meet Machine Head, Trivium, and Testament.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 02:49 PM
Ya, I'm glad they used it too. When Halo was ending, I was just hoping they wouldn't be lame and just give up their extra time. But then they went into Davidian, and everyone went crazy.

Ah, alright haha. I couldn't kept the rail for Unearth, but I had just ran out of water, and definitely did not want to hear SS on the other stage.... But not having rail for Unearth have me the opportunity to grab a good rail spot for MH, so it worked out perfectly :>

PlaysWithKnives
08-02-2011, 03:45 PM
I thought they would do Davidian either way. I really wanted to see them at our quasi Mayhem show last week.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 04:11 PM
Megadeth:
Trust
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Headcrusher
Sweating Bullets
Public Enemy #1
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars

A Tout Le Monde was replaced by Sweating Bullets. Dave's voice sounded a bit weak to me tonight. But that could been due to the fact my seat was all the way to the left, sp I only heard the left side speakers.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 04:12 PM
I thought they would do Davidian either way. I really wanted to see them at our quasi Mayhem show last week.

They weren't doing it up until now, since they are now getting an extra five minutes.

stevepwn
08-02-2011, 06:25 PM
the fuck they didnt do that for camden which was the first date in flames dropped off. there was extra time and i thought they were gonna play it:confused:

Magson13
08-02-2011, 06:44 PM
the fuck they didnt do that for camden which was the first date in flames dropped off. there was extra time and i thought they were gonna play it:confused:

Ouch. They probably needed a day or two to practice or something, idk. I'm just stoked they played it here :P

makethemsuffer12
08-02-2011, 08:27 PM
Ouch. They probably needed a day or two to practice or something, idk. I'm just stoked they played it here :P

At this point I wouldn't think that they'd need to practice "Davidian". :lol: It's a pretty simple song too.

But you are pretty lucky to get that one. I still can't believe they weren't doing it to begin with.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 08:41 PM
At this point I wouldn't think that they'd need to practice "Davidian". :lol: It's a pretty simple song too.

But you are pretty lucky to get that one. I still can't believe they weren't doing it to begin with.

They all have to stay together in the song though. Everyone would notice i'd they couldn't stay together in places. And it probably only took a day to get it down perfectly, most bands need a few weeks :P

But yes. Super lucky. Got super stoked when they started playing it. Plus, Megadeth played Sweating Bullets in place of Tout Le Monde. So I kinda lucked out today.

makethemsuffer12
08-02-2011, 08:47 PM
They all have to stay together in the song though. Everyone would notice i'd they couldn't stay together in places. And it probably only took a day to get it down perfectly, most bands need a few weeks :P

But yes. Super lucky. Got super stoked when they started playing it. Plus, Megadeth played Sweating Bullets in place of Tout Le Monde. So I kinda lucked out today.

They did "Sweating" when I saw them, too. I was definitely pleased to hear that as I've never heard them do it before.

Magson13
08-02-2011, 08:56 PM
I remember seeing it somewhere listed as then having played it. Must be a rotating song, our something. I was glad to hear it too, plus Wake Up Dead. Two songs I haven't heard live, in a supporting slot, when I've seen them headline a club, plus coheadline with SLAYER.

makethemsuffer12
08-02-2011, 09:24 PM
I remember seeing it somewhere listed as then having played it. Must be a rotating song, our something. I was glad to hear it too, plus Wake Up Dead. Two songs I haven't heard live, in a supporting slot, when I've seen them headline a club, plus coheadline with SLAYER.

They didn't do "Wake Up Dead" on a headlining tour? Was that show part of the Rust In Peace anniversary?

Magson13
08-02-2011, 10:02 PM
They didn't do "Wake Up Dead" on a headlining tour? Was that show part of the Rust In Peace anniversary?

Yep. It was the RIP club tour they did when SLAYER had to pull out of the American Carnage dates.

Xenocide
08-04-2011, 08:24 AM
I still think it's bullshit that they only played 4 songs in Mansfield when they've played at least 5 at every other date since.

AnataFan4Life
08-04-2011, 08:31 AM
I wish we would've gotten Davidian. Instead we were stuck with Athiarchists >_<.

Magson13
08-04-2011, 02:13 PM
I wish we would've gotten Davidian. Instead we were stuck with Athiarchists >_<.

Athiarchists played after Machine Head here too. Just MH played an extra song before they went on :P

hellawaits77ny
08-04-2011, 11:08 PM
Dude, you are so lucky you got Davidian.

Magson13
08-05-2011, 02:03 PM
Dude, you are so lucky you got Davidian.

:finger:

hellawaits77ny
08-05-2011, 03:17 PM
I still think it's bullshit that they only played 4 songs in Mansfield when they've played at least 5 at every other date since.

Same here. Figured the date I'm at they only get 4 songs :flame: