PDA

View Full Version : 5FDP, Hatebreed, ATR fall tour

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-29-2011, 03:19 PM
I heard Hatebreed was planning a fall tour with ATR. I also hear that 5FDP was planning a tour too. What I didn't know is that they are all touring the US this fall along with one other band. Look for an official announcement on Monday.

masterguy49
07-29-2011, 03:21 PM
I heard Hatebreed was planning a fall tour with ATR. I also hear that 5FDP was planning a tour too. What I didn't know is that they are all touring the US this fall along with one other band. Look for an official announcement on Monday.

I've been dying to see ATR for such a long ass time, I hope they come here :D

Also I hope 5FDP isnt on this tour....

mastodon421
07-29-2011, 03:23 PM
At least ATR is finally touring with a good band (Hatebreed), But I agree, I really don't want Five Finger Death Punch on this bill.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-29-2011, 03:28 PM
I agree. 5FDP will likely headline when they shouldn't. But if you need a good laugh, think of all of the 5FDP fans getting pummled in the Hatebreed pits lol

mastodon421
07-29-2011, 03:34 PM
I agree. 5FDP will likely headline when they shouldn't. But if you need a good laugh, think of all of the 5FDP fans getting pummled in the Hatebreed pits lol

That's a good point lol. If 5FDP does headline (which they most likely will), I will leave early.

300%_Density
07-29-2011, 04:55 PM
If this is not sponsored by Affliction or Tap Out somebody is missing out on a HUGE marketing opportunity.

makethemsuffer12
07-29-2011, 04:57 PM
UGH. Oh well, I've seen Hatebreed 5 times already. I won't bother unless it ends up being really convenient.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
If this is not sponsored by Affliction or Tap Out somebody is missing out on a HUGE marketing opportunity.

I don't know this to be a fact, but... I am willing to be this will be the fall Jagermeister tour. It fits like a glove cause Hatebreed and ATR have all done the tour in the past...

NickLed19
07-29-2011, 05:04 PM
Hatebreed and ATR. This will be awesome.

BloodoftheKings
07-29-2011, 05:08 PM
Hatebreed and ATR. This will be awesome.

I don't care if John Lennon and Goerge Harrison came back from the dead for a Beatles reunion, any bill with 5FDP on it isn't awesome in the slightest.

MPF
07-29-2011, 06:13 PM
Guess where I'll be when this hits Minnesota?

That's right.....

At home, having a better time.

Travis The Dragon
07-29-2011, 06:14 PM
Hmmmmmmmm, if I search any of those 3 bands on Ticketmaster, this comes up:
Five Finger Death Punch
MétropolisMontreal, QC
Sun, 12/04/11
08:00 PM

AnthG
07-29-2011, 06:27 PM
A thread started by WolverineKills about a tour that may happen? Well i never...

I kid, I kid.

But seriously, wait until there's dates or something.

nickbaird3491
07-29-2011, 06:38 PM
I've still yet to see Hatebreed, and them and ATR would be sweet together, but fuck 5FDP.

Ape
07-29-2011, 07:38 PM
This is absolutely terrible news. For the first time ever when hatebreed comes through I may be forced to skip the show. I despise both five finger death punch and all that remains for various reasons. This just does not make sense to me at all maybe if it was jasta solo but not hatebreed.

mankvill
07-29-2011, 07:42 PM
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE ONE WHERE I FUCKED UP A TOUR?

Sanitarium78
07-29-2011, 07:43 PM
Hatebreed is always awesome to see live. If this hit my town I would go just for them.

jd091
07-29-2011, 08:18 PM
I saw 5FDP on a festival bill, and I actually thought they weren't bad live. I can't really stand them on record, but I was surprised. All That Remains is always great as long as they play mostly songs from Fall of Ideals. And Hatebreed:

New Hatebreed = ok.
Perseverance-era Hatebreed = great!
Satisfaction...-era Hatebreed = FUCKING INCREDIBLE

So yeah, they'd be fun live, but they could be 10x better based solely on their setlist.

300%_Density
07-29-2011, 08:47 PM
DID YOU HEAR ABOUT THE ONE WHERE I FUCKED UP A TOUR?

That could really apply to more than 1 of the mentioned bands.

OraclesofAgony
07-29-2011, 09:48 PM
Expect a lot of shirtless rednecks in the pit. That's what happened when I saw Shadows Fall at a 5FDP headlining show.

Magson13
07-29-2011, 11:01 PM
This just does not make sense to me at all maybe if it was jasta solo but not hatebreed.

That's an interesting idea. I was confused as to why Hatebreed would be supporting someone right now, with his solo album having just come out.

xskizzelzx90x
07-29-2011, 11:29 PM
all that remains and hatebreed? fucking yes Ill be at this. five finger...depends. I like them KINDA, but those two would be the reason I go.

jd091
07-30-2011, 06:35 AM
Expect a lot of shirtless rednecks in the pit. That's what happened when I saw Shadows Fall at a 5FDP headlining show.

You just described every modern Hatebreed show. Congratulations!

masterguy49
07-30-2011, 06:37 AM
Last time I saw hatebreed my friend got his front teeth punched out :lol:

jd091
07-30-2011, 06:50 AM
Last time I saw hatebreed my friend got his front teeth punched out :lol:

Haha, not surprised in the slightest. I haven't seen 'em yet, but I just feel like their shows would probably be a little overly violent for my tastes, due mainly to the fact that 95% of everybody moshing probably weighs twice as much as me and can bench 3 times my body weight. I wish I could have seen 'em way back in the day, when they were still primarily and underground hardcore band. Stagedives and slams, please, at some shitty little venue with 50 other people.

larvtard
07-30-2011, 07:11 AM
You just described every Slayer show. Congratulations!

ftfy

jd091
07-30-2011, 07:14 AM
ftfy

See also: Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Chimaira, Pantera (RIP DIMEBAG BRO UR LIEK TEH BEST GUITARIST EVR)

larvtard
07-30-2011, 07:16 AM
See also: Lamb of God, Killswitch Engage, Chimaira, Pantera (RIP DIMEBAG BRO UR LIEK TEH BEST GUITARIST EVR)

Well yeah, all of those too. Especially Pantera. But Slayer probably has 'em all beat.

makethemsuffer12
07-30-2011, 07:51 AM

From experience, I could tell you that KSE does not belong on this list.

And modern Hatebreed shows aren't that bad. I've been seeing them since I was 13-14 years old. Just watch out for the shirtless rednecks, obviously.

Dextrimental
07-30-2011, 07:58 AM

Not KsE.

And no bagging on Dimebag!

mastodon421
07-30-2011, 08:23 AM
KSE is definitely not in that catergory. I would actually say they had one of the most fun crowds I've ever been part of when I saw them on their headlining tour last year.

jd091
07-30-2011, 08:28 AM
Okay okay, maybe my KSE experience was different. Still fun.

300%_Density
07-30-2011, 09:20 AM

Apparently you are describing every single show I've ever seen in Kansas City.

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Apparently you are describing every single show I've ever seen in Kansas City.

This saddens me since I live in Kc, but it's so true...well not all of them, but a good portion of them turn out like this

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 12:46 PM
Hatebreed sucks

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 12:47 PM

Fuck off

jd091
07-30-2011, 12:49 PM
Hatebreed sucks

Yeah, they weren't one of the biggest, most important and influential hardcore bands to ever grace the face of the earth or anything. No big deal.

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 12:50 PM
Yeah, they weren't one of the biggest, most important and influential hardcore bands to ever grace the face of the earth or anything. No big deal.

They might have been, if they didn't suck

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 12:52 PM
They might have been, if they didn't suck

Oh shi-

Hatebreed are fucking awesome, but I'd be scared shitless to see them in any club-like venue. :eek:

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 12:54 PM
Oh shi-

Hatebreed are fucking awesome, but I'd be scared shitless to see them in any club-like venue. :eek:

I've seen them at the Beaumont, not exactly tiny, but it's not big by any means.

And all trolling aside, I've just never really cared for them, there are a couple of songs here and there but overall they don't cut it

300%_Density
07-30-2011, 01:10 PM
This saddens me since I live in Kc, but it's so true...well not all of them, but a good portion of them turn out like this

I don't think all of them are d bags, I know there are a few quality such as yourself or that troll Manks on here...LOL but I'm glad that someone who lives in KC can acknowledge the truth as well.

jd091
07-30-2011, 01:26 PM
And all trolling aside, I've just never really cared for them, there are a couple of songs here and there but overall they don't cut it

Every. Song. Here. SO GOOD. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_Is_the_Death_of_Desire)

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 02:08 PM
Every. Song. Here. SO GOOD. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Satisfaction_Is_the_Death_of_Desire)

I will download it, and I will give you a solid opinion.
I do like Bound To Violence off the Punisher soundtrack :3

Nick_to_the_face
07-30-2011, 02:11 PM
I don't think all of them are d bags, I know there are a few quality such as yourself or that troll Manks on here...LOL but I'm glad that someone who lives in KC can acknowledge the truth as well.

Also, it seems that some of the bands attract those REALLY big ex-marine looking dudes, like All That Remains. I don't know what it is, but the 3 times I've seen them there has been those really big guys in there that scare the shit out of me. Same with Sevendust.

And for the most part KSE hasn't been that bad with me. I've only noticed the guys that wear hats and plaid shorts that look like douche bags, who happen to like metalcore-type dudes

Bergman101
07-30-2011, 02:55 PM
I'll be there to see Hatebreed regardless, ATR is good new album is a giant step up from Overcome, fuck 5FDP. Depends on who the other band is to determine how excited I'll be for this tour.

jd091
07-30-2011, 02:56 PM
I will download it, and I will give you a solid opinion.
I do like Bound To Violence off the Punisher soundtrack :3

The thing is, that album came out in '97. Their next album didn't come out until '03, and their style had changed significantly by then- somewhat for the worse, in my opinion, even though I still think Perseverance is great... Give it a chance.

300%_Density
07-30-2011, 03:19 PM
Also, it seems that some of the bands attract those REALLY big ex-marine looking dudes, like All That Remains. I don't know what it is, but the 3 times I've seen them there has been those really big guys in there that scare the shit out of me. Same with Sevendust.

And for the most part KSE hasn't been that bad with me. I've only noticed the guys that wear hats and plaid shorts that look like douche bags, who happen to like metalcore-type dudes

I can't comment on ATR b/c I avoid them like the plague. Idk about Sevendust b/c I don't think I've ever seen them in KC w/ the exception of at Rockfest '08 but the fact they were about 1/2 mile away from me I can't really comment. KSE had the regular douche bags but not anything that I would say exceeds the norm.

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 03:26 PM
There's like, one song off of ATR's new album that I really like. :tongue:

JD, got any suggestions?

I'd go to this, but leave before FFDP.

AnataFan4Life
07-30-2011, 03:28 PM
ATR and Hatebreed are cool, but fuck FFDP.

brutal_descent
07-30-2011, 03:31 PM
ATR and Hatebreed are cool, but fuck FFDP.

This, pretty much.

AnthG
07-30-2011, 04:27 PM

Chimaira pits aren't that bad. At least not to the point you described.

jd091
07-30-2011, 07:52 PM
Chimaira pits aren't that bad. At least not to the point you described.

Chimaira Christmas, sold out House of Blues crowd, entire floor thrown into a push-mosh... one of the most violent pits I've been in.

jd091
07-30-2011, 07:56 PM
There's like, one song off of ATR's new album that I really like. :tongue:

JD, got any suggestions?

Probably one of the best overall modern metalcore albums ever made. (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Fall_of_Ideals)

Overcome is kind of shitty; I don't like it. Off of the new album, listen to Some of the People, All of the Time.

AnataFan4Life
07-30-2011, 09:25 PM
Honestly the fourth band could decide whether or not this tour is really worth it.

makethemsuffer12
08-01-2011, 04:44 AM
Honestly the fourth band could decide whether or not this tour is really worth it.

Well unfortunately, my friend, it seems that 4th band is Rev Theory.

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH w/ ALL THAT REMAINS, HATEBREED & REV THEORY

10/15 Las Vegas, NV @ All Excess Fest

10/16 San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield

10/17 Medford, OR @ Medford Armory

10/19 Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air

10/22 Broomfield, CO @ 1st Bank Center

10/25 Boise, ID @ Taco Bell Arena

10/26 Reno, NV @ Knitting Factory

10/28 El Paso, TX @ Speaking Rock

10/29 San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Garden

11/01 Little Rock, AR @ Clear Channel Metroplex Event Center

11/02 Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom

From Hatebreed's Facebook. More dates TBA.

Fuck, from that it looks like Hatebreed is opening for FFDP and ATR. Ugh.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-01-2011, 05:39 AM
I was told the tour will run through Thanksgiving so expect more dates. Rev Theory is a downer :( I am suprised to see Jasta allow Hatebreed to to play before ATR. I think Hatebreed should drop off this tour. Its not like they have a new album to promote. Jasta would have been better served putting his solo band in that slot.

300%_Density
08-01-2011, 06:10 AM
Wow. First Rev Theory and then ATR getting more time than Hatebreed. Unless this show is being held in my living room its looking like I'm taking a pass on this.

xskizzelzx90x
08-01-2011, 08:17 AM
Well unfortunately, my friend, it seems that 4th band is Rev Theory.

FIVE FINGER DEATH PUNCH w/ ALL THAT REMAINS, HATEBREED & REV THEORY

10/15 Las Vegas, NV @ All Excess Fest

10/16 San Francisco, CA @ The Warfield

10/17 Medford, OR @ Medford Armory

10/19 Magna, UT @ The Great Salt Air

10/22 Broomfield, CO @ 1st Bank Center

10/25 Boise, ID @ Taco Bell Arena

10/26 Reno, NV @ Knitting Factory

10/28 El Paso, TX @ Speaking Rock

10/29 San Antonio, TX @ Sunken Garden

11/01 Little Rock, AR @ Clear Channel Metroplex Event Center

11/02 Oklahoma City, OK @ Diamond Ballroom

From Hatebreed's Facebook. More dates TBA.

Fuck, from that it looks like Hatebreed is opening for FFDP and ATR. Ugh.

FUCK I wanna date. still wish five finger wasnt headlining this. *hopes for a date BADLY*

AnataFan4Life
08-01-2011, 08:24 AM
I wouldn't go out of my way for this. ATR will probably do a headliner at some point, and Hatebreed being that low in the lineup is fucking lame, plus the other two bands blow.

Sanitarium78
08-01-2011, 08:40 AM
Its not like they have a new album to promote. Jasta would have been better served putting his solo band in that slot.

Weather or not they have a new album doesn't make a difference since they hardly played anything off their last one when they toured for it. It's better to have Hatebreed than Jasta solo on the bill because I think that would get more poeple wanting to go.

I thought that Hatebreed would get billing over ATR. I think they're both about the same in popularity and since Hatebreed has been around a little longer I thought they'd get the main support spot.

Steev
08-01-2011, 09:10 AM
Weather or not they have a new album doesn't make a difference since they hardly played anything off their last one when they toured for it. It's better to have Hatebreed than Jasta solo on the bill because I think that would get more poeple wanting to go.

I thought that Hatebreed would get billing over ATR. I think they're both about the same in popularity and since Hatebreed has been around a little longer I thought they'd get the main support spot.

ATR is getting more commercial success now

I expect A LOT of fights on this tour

maxpower
08-01-2011, 09:10 AM
This hits me on a Saturday, so I'll go for sure. I didn't even think to see ATR over hatebreed until i read this thread. I find that pretty weird. Not sure how much of FFDP i'll stick around to hear, but I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and see how it goes. Last time i saw them with lamb of god I remember their set dragging a bit, and the crowd around me wasn't really into them.

rugbyman
08-01-2011, 09:41 AM
FUCK I wanna date. still wish five finger wasnt headlining this. *hopes for a date BADLY*

don't worry, they got another month worth of dates to announce.

nickbaird3491
08-01-2011, 11:29 AM
Fuck I hate Rev Theory. It's kinda lame ATR is above Hatebreed, but, I do like ATR and Hatebreed has shorter songs so the setlist will be about the same amount of songs which isn't too bad I guess. I'm leaving after ATR. Fuck 5FDP.

NickLed19
08-01-2011, 02:32 PM
Rev Theory is awesome live. I gotta see this tour.

NickLed19
08-01-2011, 02:33 PM
And I am sure Hatebreed and ATR will get the same amount of time.

Shadowswillfall414
08-01-2011, 06:57 PM
This is a wierd lineup... Would have gone if it wasnt 5FDP headlining.

The_jman
08-01-2011, 08:16 PM
I wish this was Hitting Ohio, but looks like its missing here, as of yet... maybe the second leg will come here.

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-01-2011, 08:23 PM
Question is do I really wanna pay $30 to see Hatebreed :mad:

ATR just sucks now and play nothing but new shit now.

5FDP.............................................. .......................................no

hellawaits77ny
08-01-2011, 08:34 PM

Dude, you took the words right out of my mouth!

I know 5FDP is popular, but I think they're a very overrated band, and I've seen them live twice and wasn't impressed in the least.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-02-2011, 03:21 AM
Dude, you took the words right out of my mouth!

I know 5FDP is popular, but I think they're a very overrated band, and I've seen them live twice and wasn't impressed in the least.

5FDP is good at what they do but what they do has been done over & over again by bands like Disturbed, etc. The first album was good but they should have went in an edgier, heavier direction from the second album forward. The new album sounds like the 2nd album.

Sanitarium78
08-02-2011, 07:49 AM
ATR is getting more commercial success now

I expect A LOT of fights on this tour

I read that ATR is commercial but I never hear it myself. Two Weeks was played on my local radio a little bit when Overcome came out but that's it as far as i've heard.

This is a wierd lineup... Would have gone if it wasnt 5FDP headlining.

Actually the only band that doesn't fit this is Rev Theory. I don't see how they'll get a warm reception from fans of the other three. Is it possible they can get booed off stage on this tour a few times?

5FDP is good at what they do but what they do has been done over & over again by bands like Disturbed, etc. The first album was good but they should have went in an edgier, heavier direction from the second album forward. The new album sounds like the 2nd album.

How does 5FDP compare with Disturbed? Totally different bands both musically and lyrically.

WOLVERINEKILLS
08-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Both are commercial nu metal hard rock bands with songs about relationships gone bad (walk away, the game), songs about usa military (indestructible, no one gets left behind), songs about how something has made them angry (meet the monster, down with the sickness) and both bands have other songs about politics, religion, etc. I like both bands but the primary difference is that Disturbed is a bit more industrial sounding at times while 5FDP has more guitar solos. To me they sound very similiar. Both bands should never tour together because 90% of their fans are the same. Disturbed has been around longer and has more music available & more fans.

And ATR & Hatebreed are too heavy to tour with 5FDP. Screaming vocal hardcore (even with hints or some attempts at hard rock radio choruses) is too different even in the world of metal to work well. The fans won't mesh well and likely 75% of the hardcore fans will leave before or into a few of the 5FDP songs while the 5FDP fans will know a few songs such as 2 Weeks, The Calling, This Is Now & I Will Be Heard.

imanidiot777
08-02-2011, 12:52 PM
Both are commercial nu metal hard rock bands with songs about relationships gone bad (walk away, the game), songs about usa military (indestructible, no one gets left behind), songs about how something has made them angry (meet the monster, down with the sickness) and both bands have other songs about politics, religion, etc. I like both bands but the primary difference is that Disturbed is a bit more industrial sounding at times while 5FDP has more guitar solos. To me they sound very similiar. Both bands should never tour together because 90% of their fans are the same. Disturbed has been around longer and has more music available & more fans.

And ATR & Hatebreed are too heavy to tour with 5FDP. Screaming vocal hardcore (even with hints or some attempts at hard rock radio choruses) is too different even in the world of metal to work well. The fans won't mesh well and likely 75% of the hardcore fans will leave before or into a few of the 5FDP songs while the 5FDP fans will know a few songs such as 2 Weeks, The Calling, This Is Now & I Will Be Heard.

Disturbed isn't putting out an obvious fake image. Those guys act like they are, they dress like they are, and they used to have fun (not sure now before this hiatus stuff). 5FDP are a bunch of fake macho guys who are obviously trying to just "be cool". Also, it is not necessarily the subject matter of the songs; I agree those are somewhat the same. It is about how they word the songs, Disturbed uses much more clever wording and I think is more artistic (not saying they are amazing artists, just saying more so than 5FDP). That is what I think the main difference is, it is not necessarily reflected in the music alone. I don't think they sound at all alike however.

larvtard
08-02-2011, 12:55 PM
5FDP fans could probably beat up Hatebreed fans...just sayin.'

nickbaird3491
08-02-2011, 02:21 PM

Ehhhh...Idk about that one.

brutal_descent
08-02-2011, 03:09 PM
Ehhhh...Idk about that one.

Same. I think they're a good match for each other.

That'd be a fun MTV Celebrity Smackdown episode - hxc moshbro vs. ffdp fan! :powerslav

Shadowswillfall414
08-02-2011, 03:19 PM
There isnt a big difference between 5FDP Fans and hatebreed fans except for the fact that hatebreed fans will kick your ass while 5FDP fans will just smack you across the face and call you a pussy then walk away.

mastodon421
08-02-2011, 04:02 PM

Not a chance.... (at least here in Massachusetts)

xskizzelzx90x
08-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Same. I think they're a good match for each other.

That'd be a fun MTV Celebrity Smackdown episode - hxc moshbro vs. ffdp fan! :powerslav

OH MY GOD. if only mtv still had that show. or ANYTHING good for that matter.