PDA

View Full Version : Megadeth -- Holmdel, NJ -- July 27th, 2011

Maideneer
07-27-2011, 07:57 PM
From the Mayhem Festival, sorry these are the only bands I cared about and knew the songs from.

In Flames:
Cloud Connected
Alias
Pinball Map
Deliver Us
The Hive
Where The Dead Ships Dwell
The Quiet Place
My Sweet Shadow

The power went out during the first minute of the last song, originally Take This Life. They of course stopped playing and waited a few minutes to get the sound back on. When it did come back on, they said fuck it and played a different song to end the set, a much better choice anyway.

Megadeth:
Trust
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Head Crusher
Sweating Bullets
Public Enemy No. 1
Symphony Of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars…The Punishment Due

What a LOW volume for these guys, I was stunned. Good show, and nice to hear a new song. Sweating Bullets rather than A Tout Le Monde is a good choice I think, even though Youthanasia is my favorite record.

I left after Megadeth, no interest in the final 2 bands.

BloodoftheKings
07-27-2011, 08:08 PM
Wrong title, 2 bands, cool thread bro.

Maideneer
07-27-2011, 08:24 PM
Ya know, I'm really considering leaving this place (again). All I see around here is format nazis and incessantly hostile attitudes. Why does everyone upon everyone have to be so damn hardline about the goddamn thread titles? Is it really a major concern in the world?

mankvill
07-27-2011, 08:37 PM
Ya know, I'm really considering leaving this place (again). All I see around here is format nazis and incessantly hostile attitudes. Why does everyone upon everyone have to be so damn hardline about the goddamn thread titles? Is it really a major concern in the world?

it's bloodoftheking's time of the month, forgive him :(

but yeah, I like A Tout Le Monde and Sweating Bullets, but if I had to choose, I'd go with Sweating Bullets.

I remember when I saw Megadef in a club and we sung pretty much all the words for Dave. :lovedup:

Indestructible
07-27-2011, 08:53 PM
HOW DARE U GET THIS THREAD FORMAT RONG!!

larvtard
07-27-2011, 09:05 PM
HOW DARE U GET THIS THREAD FORMAT RONG!!

It's not funny if you spell "wrong" incorrectly.

PowerMaiden
07-28-2011, 11:25 AM
All I see around here is format nazis and incessantly hostile attitudes. Why does everyone upon everyone have to be so damn hardline about the goddamn thread titles? Is it really a major concern in the world?

100% agree

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

El Gordo
07-28-2011, 02:23 PM
Sweating Bullets rather than A Tout Le Monde is a good choice I think, even though Youthanasia is my favorite record.

Sweating Bullets fucking sucks. That's just my opinion though, carry on.

mankvill
07-28-2011, 02:25 PM

HELLO EL GORDO

MEET THE REAL EL GORDO

Dissimulate
07-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Megadeth are worse at making setlists then Slayer

El Gordo
07-28-2011, 05:37 PM
HELLO EL GORDO

MEET THE REAL EL GORDO

HELLO MANKY IT'S MANKY AGAIN

OK, Dave and those lyrics are funny but the song still fucking sucks.

Sanitarium78
07-28-2011, 08:17 PM
Megadeth are worse at making setlists then Slayer

Ok, since all the Megadeth setlist haters on here are masters at making setlists, what would you suggest a band that has 12 studio albums spanning over 26 years do with only 40 mins to play?

On top of that they're playing in front of an audience that's largely not theirs on this tour. So what's your idea of a good setlist for this particular situation?

Except for taking out Trust and replacing it with something like Reckoning Day to open the show, I can't think of anything else they should change on this tour.

BloodoftheKings
07-28-2011, 08:52 PM
I just hate how predictable Megadeth sets are.

es156
07-28-2011, 09:46 PM

The set lists go into a database indexed by the thread title. So if the title is wrong the index is wrong. Some people may take the format nazi thing a little too far, but they are just trying to help the cause. Don't take it personally.

Link (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7278)

bassmasta257
07-28-2011, 09:53 PM

hahahahaha i agree ive told this to so many people and they all think im crazy but for some odd reason ive ALWAYS hated that song. decided to chime in cuz thats the first ive ever heard anyone else say this :D

Maideneer
07-29-2011, 05:39 AM
The set lists go into a database indexed by the thread title. So if the title is wrong the index is wrong. Some people may take the format nazi thing a little too far, but they are just trying to help the cause. Don't take it personally.

Link (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=7278)

Ok there's a database fine. But I'm taking the MLK approach, I want to be judged by the content of my input, not by the format of my threads. I never see anyone being like "hey, thanks for posting that, appreciate the contribution". The default setting here is "wrong title dickhead". It's just a little grating sometimes, sorry.

marker
07-29-2011, 10:50 AM
I actually think most of the people are pretty mellow on here.The format isn't that hard to follow,and I have seen people say good job on the format and for posting setlists.I have seen compliments on here quite often actually.