Vigil
Contractor
Laid to Rest
Redneck
Black Label

Their only 2011 date.

Dextrimental
07-24-2011, 10:11 AM
Apart from lack of Reclamation, thats a fucking awesome set. I've never seen them headline, so that has virtually everything I'd love to hear from them headlining!

brutal_descent
07-24-2011, 10:15 AM
Apart from lack of Reclamation, thats a fucking awesome set. I've never seen them headline, so that has virtually everything I'd love to hear from them headlining!

This was actually a festival, so that makes things even better :3

street_burial
07-24-2011, 10:25 AM
i wish they would play Broken Hands

daimonos
07-24-2011, 11:09 AM
The only complaint I have is the lack of material from Palaces. They need to bring back 11th Hour and the title track, I think. But i'm sure if I were there I would still have an awesome time.

jhdeity
07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
I know it's a longshot but would have been sick to see Hit The Wall or Fake Messiah. And 11th Hour should be played every show. I don't think realize how f'n great that song is... especially live.

jd091
07-24-2011, 12:37 PM
i wish they would play Broken Hands

What the fuck

The only complaint I have is the lack of material from Palaces. They need to bring back 11th Hour and the title track, I think. But i'm sure if I were there I would still have an awesome time.

Dude, fucking this. That album is so completely flawless in every single way. I want nothing more in my life than to see Lamb of God do a set with that album, front to back. I would just die.

And okay, I'm sick of seeing them open with The Passing/In Your Words. Damn that song. They should always open with Ruin, every show. That is literally the best opening song to an album, and a perfect way to kick off the show. And that set, while it isn't bad per se, is so standard. Absolutely zero surprises, which sucks, because they have so many great songs that are never played.

street_burial
07-24-2011, 01:11 PM
What the fuck

:confused:

jd091
07-24-2011, 01:16 PM
:confused:

Not a fan of that song at all. Whatever, to each his own.

Dextrimental
07-24-2011, 01:19 PM
I know it's a longshot but would have been sick to see Hit The Wall or Fake Messiah. And 11th Hour should be played every show. I don't think realize how f'n great that song is... especially live.

I can see this being played on the new album tour, when they revamp the setlist thusly.

Epidemic Reign
07-24-2011, 04:07 PM
They've got to be getting sick of playing Black Label. There are plenty of other great songs on New American Gospel, I don't get it.

Nick_to_the_face
07-24-2011, 04:22 PM
What the fuck

Dude, fucking this. That album is so completely flawless in every single way. I want nothing more in my life than to see Lamb of God do a set with that album, front to back. I would just die.

And okay, I'm sick of seeing them open with The Passing/In Your Words. Damn that song. They should always open with Ruin, every show. That is literally the best opening song to an album, and a perfect way to kick off the show. And that set, while it isn't bad per se, is so standard. Absolutely zero surprises, which sucks, because they have so many great songs that are never played.

Exactly, I've seen them play every song on this set, most of them at least twice. I wanna hear Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard :rocker:

Not a fan of that song at all. Whatever, to each his own.

Thank you. That song sucks

jd091
07-24-2011, 05:06 PM
Exactly, I've seen them play every song on this set, most of them at least twice. I wanna hear Terror and Hubris in the House of Frank Pollard :rocker:

Thank you. That song sucks

I love you and your musical tastes! :lovedup:

They've got to be getting sick of playing Black Label. There are plenty of other great songs on New American Gospel, I don't get it.

DUDUDUH
nanunuNAnunNAnunanunu
DU-DUDUH
nanunuNAnunNAnunanunu...

Come on, it never gets old!

Dextrimental
07-24-2011, 05:23 PM

Man, if you had a song that instantly caused any crowd that hears it to kick into a wall of death, if the crowds 80,000 or 800, would you wanna stop playing it? ;)

Rocco44
07-24-2011, 07:22 PM
I would also like more from Palaces but still a decent setlist. For my money the best mainstream band in metal along with Mastodon.

NickLed19
07-24-2011, 07:25 PM
Do they always play Vigil? They should play that song at every show, even if they only get 40 min.

jd091
07-24-2011, 07:32 PM
Do they always play Vigil? They should play that song at every show, even if they only get 40 min.

No, they don't. At least I didn't get to see it. Fucking sucks, 'cause its probably their best song. Tied with 11th Hour. Actually, now that I think about it, I don't know if I can choose a favorite Lamb of God song. There are so many ones that are just... perfect...

NickLed19
07-24-2011, 08:01 PM
I agree, I have about 10 favorites....but if I had to pick I would say Vigil.

Nick_to_the_face
07-24-2011, 08:05 PM
I love you and your musical tastes! :lovedup:

DUDUDUH
nanunuNAnunNAnunanunu
DU-DUDUH
nanunuNAnunNAnunanunu...

Come on, it never gets old!

:lovedup:
and this

Man, if you had a song that instantly caused any crowd that hears it to kick into a wall of death, if the crowds 80,000 or 800, would you wanna stop playing it? ;)

this as well

Out of the 3 times I have seen them, I've only seen it once

BlackmoreOfBowling
07-24-2011, 08:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ukjnrXTTvPY

*Pro-shot footage of the bonus new Lamb of God song performed at this show*

:rocker:

jd091
07-24-2011, 08:54 PM

WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

MPF
07-24-2011, 09:03 PM
WHAT THE FUCK DID I JUST WATCH

How the fuck do you not know about the greatest complete band that has ever existed?

TonyD
07-24-2011, 09:57 PM
The last time I saw them (No Fear Tour), they played that and it was killer.

Fo rizzle, seems like a lot of people agree with you, including me.

brutal_descent
07-24-2011, 09:58 PM
I want to see Lamb of God so fucking bad, oh my fucking god. ;___;

Epidemic Reign
07-25-2011, 03:49 AM

That's a valid point, but it would be nice to hear Terror and Hubris or Letter to the Unborn once in a while. Superior songs IMO.

Then again, after seeing them 6 or 7 times and not being too pleased with the last couple albums they've put out, they're kind of off my list of bands that I have to see every time they come to town. So they can really play Black Label over and over for an hour and a half on their next headlining tour for all I care :)

Sanitarium78
07-25-2011, 07:10 AM

From the sets I saw this tour, they originally were doing Reclamantion for a bit then dropped it for Vigil. I think Vigil became a somewhat regular again on this past tour.

Both songs rule so I would just keep them both. As far as them ending with Black Label all the time, I don't mind it. A lot of bands have a certian song they close their sets with and that one happens to be it for LOG.

Not sure why they don't throw in another song or two off NAG but given the popularity of all their other albums I understand wanting to play that material instead.

scouinci
07-25-2011, 01:14 PM
this wasn't in quebec city, it was in montebello which is closer to montreal than quebec city

hellawaits77ny
07-26-2011, 09:39 PM
this wasn't in quebec city, it was in montebello which is closer to montreal than quebec city

Yeah, I could've sworn it was in a tiny town west of MTL.

I was considering hitting this one, but couldn't pull off the trip. Yes, great set, and glad to see it was a long one.

kevin_headbanger
07-27-2011, 05:21 PM
Finally, someone posted the setlist of this great show! I've seen LoG 3 times, and this performance was their best one yet. Setlist was great, the sound was ok and the crowd was insane! I agree with some previous posts, they should bring older stuff back in their setlist, or even Reclamation, which is an awesome live track... Overall, this show was killer, can't wait to hear new stuff from them!

llama lom
07-27-2011, 07:21 PM

Oh goddamn you!
:flame:

Has LoG said anything else about future shows, album, etc.?

daimonos
07-27-2011, 07:36 PM
Oh goddamn you!
:flame:

Has LoG said anything else about future shows, album, etc.?

They're working on a new album.