PDA

View Full Version : Amy Winehouse dead

ravenheart
07-23-2011, 04:13 PM
So, most unsurprising death of the year? I think so.

MPF
07-23-2011, 04:25 PM
My thoughts from Facebook, feel free to spread it around:

FUCK AMY WINEHOUSE!!! 87 people died yesterday because some fuckhead set a bomb off in the government center of Oslo Norway (Killing 7), and shot up a youth camp killing many youths and people who work there (80 shot dead) yet the big breaking news this weekend is some ugly fucking, one hit wonder, crackhead overdosed. Fuck her and anyone who cares about her more then Norway!

DethMaiden
07-23-2011, 04:27 PM
My thoughts from Facebook, feel free to spread it around:

You're a fucking idiot. Spread that around. The news isn't a Biggest Tragedy Contest. Get over yourself.

MPF
07-23-2011, 04:33 PM
You're a fucking idiot. Spread that around. The news isn't a Biggest Tragedy Contest. Get over yourself.

That was sarcasm buddy.

DethMaiden
07-23-2011, 04:35 PM
Okay, seriously? :lol: Nothing about it remotely indicated that, but okey dokey.

powerslave_85
07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Addiction is a motherfucker, and if you react differently to this than you would for someone like Layne Staley or Jimi Hendrix just because you don't like her music, you're an asshole.

JRA
07-23-2011, 04:37 PM
The news isn't a Biggest Tragedy Contest.

Well it was back then.

http://www.thedrunkenclam.com/wallpapers/most-ticks1024x768.gif

MPF
07-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Okay, seriously? :lol: Nothing about it remotely indicated that, but okey dokey.

I meant the sarcasm about the spread it around part.

I probably am an asshole for saying that. I'll openly take it. I've lost enough family members and friends and people important to me from overdoses, drunk driving, and other drug/alcohol related incidents to where I can't feel bad for them anymore. I've spent my whole life trying to help people get over their addictions because they trust in me enough to help them. And I always have because I am a caring person for anyone who wants me to be there. But every time I do what I can to help. I might as well have been talking to a brick wall. Addictions will take over your life and unless you personally have the will power, you get arrested, you get thrown into rehab, or you die. There's nothing you can do about it.

Back on topic, Her family and friends did everything they could to help her. she told them to fuck off on repeated occasions. When you get to the point where you only care about yourself because of your addictions where your career, family, friends, love life, etc mean nothing to you and all you care about is your addiction after everyone for years tries to help you....you can fuck off.

And Powerslave, you are probably right when you say that if Layne Staley or Jimi Hendrix would have affected me more. Layne Staley absolutely did when he overdosed...until I found out the back story. Just because I love the music and what they have accomplished doesn't mean they are given a pass for the rest of their lives.

Ok enough ranting, I was starting to get into my own life a bit too much. Case in point. I'm not upset over this. I feel upset for her family and those close to her, but her personally...never.

EDIT*

JRA- THANK YOU!

mankvill
07-23-2011, 05:18 PM
Millions in England devestated, no one cares in America except tryhards.

If she OD'd, no sympathy for her at all.

MPF
07-23-2011, 05:34 PM
Millions in England devestated, no one cares in America except tryhards.

If she OD'd, no sympathy for her at all.

You should have seen my Facebook news feed, total opposite reactions.

I have no sympathy for her at all, especially if anyone takes the time to look more into her life, you get a better reason why.

But don't worry I got called an asshole and a dick first, so anything you get called is just splinters from the grenade. :D

llama lom
07-23-2011, 05:41 PM
All I saw on Tumblr this morning were Amy Winehouse posts, yet I had never seen anyone mention her prior to her death. Personally, I couldn't care less.

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 05:48 PM
So, most unsurprising death of the year? I think so.

I completely agree.

llama lom
07-23-2011, 05:55 PM
What the hell? People want to add her to the 27 Club. She's nowhere near as good as Cobain, Hendrix, etc.

makethemsuffer12
07-23-2011, 05:58 PM
What the hell? People want to add her to the 27 Club. She's nowhere near as good as Cobain, Hendrix, etc.

I think I'd rather listen to her than Nirvana...

Nick_to_the_face
07-23-2011, 06:02 PM
I think I'd rather listen to her than Nirvana...

You obviously have brain damage.

But..I suppose she never made it to rehab then?

MPF
07-23-2011, 06:03 PM

But..I suppose she never made it to rehab then?

No no no...

makethemsuffer12
07-23-2011, 06:07 PM

Nirvana annoys me for the most part. Sorry.

IrritatedTrout
07-23-2011, 06:30 PM
Who gives a fuck that some rich whore with all the opportunities in the world chose to kill herself?

It's one thing to have an addiction that you try and cure. It's another to have an addiction and just not give a shit.

mankvill
07-23-2011, 06:34 PM
Who gives a fuck that some rich whore with all the opportunities in the world chose to kill herself?

It's one thing to have an addiction that you try and cure. It's another to have an addiction and just not give a shit.

buuuttt thhaaattsss whhaaattt maaaddee hheerrr ffaaaammmooouuussss!

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 06:56 PM
I proudly posted the Ministry cover of Rehab on my Facebook today. Only reedeeming thing that came from her music was the hilarious cover Ministry did for it.

TonyD
07-23-2011, 07:00 PM

I wouldn't say she's that good but it is a coincidence that they've all died at that age.

I would put her at even less surprising than Ryan Dunn. I couldn't give two shits about her because I don't like her music in the first place, and if you're making songs telling everybody you're not going to rehab I'm not gonna feel sorry when you OD.

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 08:22 PM
Blabbermouth got quotes from random metal/hard rock people about this and Brian Fair had the greatest quote ever: "Heard Amy Winehouse died today. I once ran into her in a hotel lobby in London. It was 7am. I was heading out to the airport she was just coming in like a trainwreck. She grabbed my hair and was like 'I fuckin love ur hair.' With spittle flying. I thought she was a homeless person. I brushed her off and went and washed my hair. RIP."

LOL don't even have anything further to add. That says it all.

ChildrenofSodom
07-23-2011, 08:42 PM
Now she can waste space underground. Thank God. Being able to sing (what, 3 years ago?) doesn't make you relevant to my life. I literally only know about Amy Winehouse from hearing people talk about her "drug problems." Someone's dad/son/brother just died in the gutter of drug overdose, and they don't put that up on my newsfeed.

illuminatus917
07-23-2011, 09:47 PM
It's humorous that people take death so seriously.

Sepultura69
07-23-2011, 10:25 PM
This thread smells like shit, and so do a good amount of the posts on here. Respect the Dead. Crack Whore or not, another life is gone and thats all that matters.

R.I.P. Kurt, Jimmy, Jim Morrison, Amy, GURU from gangstar *92-REAL SHIT-YALL* 2PAC, MC-JUICE and all the mother fuckers holding down their crown for the boogie down.

1-2 and im out, peace folks.

ravenheart
07-24-2011, 03:03 AM
We at least managed to have the Oslo incident as top billing on the new for half a day before the Winehouse thing took over (and will now last for a good week).

I guess Stateside, with the time difference, you got both at the same time.

ChildrenofSodom
07-24-2011, 05:59 AM
Can't we separate news by "type"? So, the tabloids and entertainment outlets can cover celebrity drug problems and the hard news people can cover terrorist attacks and government happenings?

DethMaiden
07-24-2011, 06:12 AM
The two things are sharing press. Like I said, it's not a competition, sorrow isn't a finite resource, so whatever. To me, news judgment becomes a problem when a certain thing is the only or almost only thing in a given news outlet's top coverage for a week or more at a time. In our lifetimes IN AMERICA, 9/11 deserved that, Katrina deserved that, maybe capturing Saddam/killing Osama deserved that...but anything else needs to share some of the news limelight.

Basically, fuck Find Lauren Spierer.

powerslave_85
07-24-2011, 09:04 AM
In most of the (American) news outlets I frequent, Amy Winehouse has already been relegated to third after Norway and the debt ceiling clusterfuck.

adamclark52
07-24-2011, 09:05 AM
I just hope the media and general public doesn't beatify her now, chick was a loser. But they will.

Butcher of Birth
07-24-2011, 09:54 AM
We at least managed to have the Oslo incident as top billing on the new for half a day before the Winehouse thing took over (and will now last for a good week).

Sad but true isn't it? At least Metal bands are still thinking of the important story of Oslo... Nicko from Maiden left his kit last night, went to the front of the stage, grabbed a Norwegian flag from the crowd and draped it over his kit.

llama lom
07-24-2011, 10:01 AM
I'm not going to respect the dead if they didn't deserve respect when they were living. Illuminatus pretty much said it, some people take death too seriously.

Sad but true isn't it? At least Metal bands are still thinking of the important story of Oslo... Nicko from Maiden left his kit last night, went to the front of the stage, grabbed a Norwegian flag from the crowd and draped it over his kit.

That's fucking classy.

IrritatedTrout
07-24-2011, 10:38 AM
I'm not going to respect the dead if they didn't deserve respect when they were living.

Exactly.

kommie
07-24-2011, 10:59 AM
not that I care for Amy Winehouse or anything, but aren't we jumping the gun and assuming its drug related? I mean so far

cause of death is undetermined .

Albeit it's more than likely drug related, and if it isn't well, that'd be hilarious since everyone seems to think it is.

treghet
07-24-2011, 11:30 AM

That is so awesome.

zgodt
07-29-2011, 06:57 AM
I've seen a lot of Facebook posts like that -- "who cares about Amy Winehouse? nobody in Norway" type shit.

Famine in Somalia is affecting 11 million people.

Fuck white Western people and their (our) sense of tragedy and justice.

llama lom
07-29-2011, 12:38 PM
I've seen a lot of Facebook posts like that -- "who cares about Amy Winehouse? nobody in Norway" type shit.

Fuck white Western people and their (our) sense of tragedy and justice.

The truth is that a lot of people don't care about tragedies unless they can connect to it. Amy Winehouse- some people listen to her music. Oslo- US attacks ten years ago. Starvation and disease in Africa? The majority of people have never experienced such things, so they can't connect.

larvtard
07-29-2011, 12:51 PM
The truth is that a lot of people don't care about tragedies unless they can connect to it. Amy Winehouse- some people listen to her music. Oslo- US attacks ten years ago. Starvation and disease in Africa? The majority of people have never experienced such things, so they can't connect.

Well put, man. True for me as well :hecho:

IrritatedTrout
10-26-2011, 07:18 AM
not that I care for Amy Winehouse or anything, but aren't we jumping the gun and assuming its drug related? I mean so far

cause of death is undetermined .

Albeit it's more than likely drug related, and if it isn't well, that'd be hilarious since everyone seems to think it is.

http://edition.cnn.com/2011/10/26/world/europe/uk-winehouse-inquest/index.html?hpt=hp_t2

lol

illuminatus917
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM

If the United States took the direct foreign aid it gives to Israel, which is some $3 billion annually or thereabout, of which a huge portion is given to the Israeli military, famine and death from preventable diseases could be dramatically decreased throughout Africa. That's just from Aid to Israel. The U.S. actually gives the most miserly amount of foreign aid to the third world of any developed country (last I read); of course the poorest countries receive the least aid.