With A Thousand Words To Say But One
Savor The Kill
Convalescence
Everyday Disaster
Love As A Weapon
Doomsayer
Sadist Nation

Six Feet Under (Partial setlist):

Stripped, Raped and Strangled (Cannibal Corpse)
Revenge of the Zombie
Seed of Filth
Human Target
Hammer Smashed Face (Cannibal Corpse)

Dying Fetus:

Descend into Depravity
One Shot, One Kill
Shepherd's Commandment
Homicidal Retribution
Praise The Lord (Opium Of The Masses)
Your Treachery Will Die with You

Powerglove (Partial Setlist):

Storm Eagle
Tetris
Metal Kombat
Gotta Catch 'Em All
Mario Minor

Fleshgod Apocalypse:

The Violation
In Honour of Reason
The Egosim
Thru Our Scars

I'm not really in the reviewing mood right now, so just a small recap. Fleshgod Apocalypse only got 20 minutes, I think their set ended up getting cut a little short, so that was lame, but they were awesome and the fact that I got to meet them and got a shirt signed by all them made this show worthwhile, and everything else was a bonus.

Dying Fetus was great as expected, and it was nice to see them mix the setlist up a little bit.

Six Feet Under was surprisingly really good live. I don't care for this band's studio recordings (for the most part), but live they sounded much better, especially Chris Barnes. And the Cannibal Corpse covers were awesome.

The Black Dahlia Murder was insane. The crowd was going crazy for them, one of the craziest crowds I've ever been a part of.

I caught a tiny bit of Darkest Hour's set but I was out at the merch booths during most of their set. They sounded pretty good.

There were some really horrible bands on the bill, Oceano is one of the worst bands I've ever seen/heard. But the good outweighed the bad luckily, and it was a really great experience.

Also Powerglove was pretty entertaining too, but a lot of their songs seemed way too long.

street_burial
07-23-2011, 01:24 PM
sounds like its gonna be a great show i cant wait for august 15th! :rocker::rocker:

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 01:27 PM
I might really be out of the SFU loop but they don't normally do CC covers do they? Let alone doing 2? I would love to hear them but I'm just thrown off.

NecroRob
07-23-2011, 01:32 PM
That's a great set for TBDM. Much better than what Decapitated pulled last year as headliner.

bt11763
07-23-2011, 01:37 PM
trying to decide if i want to go to this

street_burial
07-23-2011, 01:38 PM
I might really be out of the SFU loop but they don't normally do CC covers do they? Let alone doing 2? I would love to hear them but I'm just thrown off.

Stripped, Raped and Strangled was released while Chris Barnes was still the vocalist for CC. i dont knnow why they're doing Hammer Smashed Face though

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 01:42 PM
Stripped, Raped and Strangled was released while Chris Barnes was still the vocalist for CC. i dont knnow why they're doing Hammer Smashed Face though

Yea I knew they were both done while he was still in CC I just didn't know if that's normal for SFU to do CC covers.

larvtard
07-23-2011, 01:48 PM
what a bad Dying Fetus set. Only one song from Destroy the Opposition and nothing from Killing on Adrenaline.

TBDM set is good. I wish they wouldn't play Malenchantments but at least they're not playing On Stirring Seas. Conspiring with the Damned and The Raven would be cool, but whatever.

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 01:50 PM
what a bad Dying Fetus set. Only one song from Destroy the Opposition and nothing from Killing on Adrenaline.

TBDM set is good. I wish they wouldn't play Malenchantments but at least they're not playing On Stirring Seas. Conspiring with the Damned and The Raven would be cool, but whatever.

I wasn't too upset about the Dying Fetus set, I was worried they were just going to play the same set they played the last two times I saw them. At least they mixed it up a little. I do wish they had still played Pissing in the Mainstream but I already saw them play it twice so it's alright. I guess it is kind of a bad set if you're seeing them for the first time.

hellawaits77ny
07-23-2011, 01:52 PM
Stripped, Raped and Strangled was releasedwhile Chris Barnes was still the vocalist for CC. i dont knnow why they're }doing Hammer Smashed Face though

So was Hammer Smashed Face

treghet
07-23-2011, 01:56 PM

This.

jd091
07-23-2011, 02:11 PM
THAT BLACK DAHLIA SET

UUUUUGGGHHHHH

mankvill
07-23-2011, 02:18 PM
Yea I knew they were both done while he was still in CC I just didn't know if that's normal for SFU to do CC covers.

They really don't, they had a few shows in Europe before Summer Slaughter and that's the first time I've heard of them doing CC covers. It's pretty awesome, not to mention legendary!

Also love all the sets posted, glad DF is doing something a little different. Their last album was killer. :fist:

NecroRob
07-23-2011, 02:20 PM
Aww I just noticed that TBDM isn't playing Elder Misanthropy, which fucking blows :flame:

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 02:24 PM
All of those setlists are awesome, especailly Black Dahlia:drool: Carbonized In Cruciform is an awesome surprise.

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 02:25 PM
All of those setlists are awesome, especailly Black Dahlia:drool: Carbonized In Cruciform is an awesome surprise.

Yeah I got hooked on that song the day before the show and was hoping they would play it, and to my surprise they did.

jd091
07-23-2011, 05:05 PM
Wait, no Whitechapel setlist? Come on, a man has his needs! ;)

kommie
07-23-2011, 05:19 PM

Well, they suck brah. check setlists.fm

larvtard
07-23-2011, 05:22 PM
Well, they suck brah. check setlists.fm

:tp: You constantly rip on Magson, but you're as bad as him.

masterguy49
07-23-2011, 05:50 PM
Holy shit I can't wait for this :drool:

Though Im with JD on this, where's the Whitechapel set!? ;)
Also those 2 Cannibal Corpse covers make it worth it alone.

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 05:59 PM

Sorry, I wasn't even in the building when they were playing. :tongue:

llama lom
07-23-2011, 06:31 PM
UHHHHH I NEED TO GO TO THIS!!!

rjturtle9
07-23-2011, 06:38 PM
Where is that sexy Powerglove set?

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 06:38 PM
That SFU set might be the push over the edge I need to head up to Wichita. Now to figure out how I could pull that off....

OraclesofAgony
07-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Where is that sexy Powerglove set?

Here's what I can remember:

Storm Eagle
Tetris
Metal Kombat
Gotta Catch 'Em All
Mario Minor

I'm surprised looking at the song lengths for these, they felt so much longer for some reason.

Bergman101
07-23-2011, 10:29 PM
that's a mighty fine Darkest Hour set. I'm excited!

CapnAwesome
07-23-2011, 10:49 PM
Doesn't beat the last Black Dahlia set from the '08 Summer Slaughter.

Man...fuck this, just bring back Sounds Of The Underground already

jd091
07-24-2011, 01:13 AM
Holy shit I can't wait for this :drool:

Though Im with JD on this, where's the Whitechapel set!? ;)
Also those 2 Cannibal Corpse covers make it worth it alone.
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that 6FU set now... the others sound like fun. But seriously, I love shitty metal! I wish I knew the Whitechapel set... :( Devirgination Studies, PLZ?!?!

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 01:27 AM
Yeah, I'm looking forward to that 6FU set now... the others sound like fun. But seriously, I love shitty metal! I wish I knew the Whitechapel set... :( Devirgination Studies, PLZ?!?!

Yeesss! :rocker:

Also I really hope Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation stays in the set :drool:

CapnAwesome
07-24-2011, 07:17 AM
From setlist.fm

END OF FLESH
POSSESSION
BREEDING VIOLENCE
THE DARKEST DAY OF MAN
REPROGRAMMED TO HATE
VICER EXCISER
DEATH BECOMES HIM
ETERNAL REFUGE
UNNERVING
THIS IS EXILE

Man...this band blows

jd091
07-24-2011, 07:39 AM
From setlist.fm

END OF FLESH
POSSESSION
BREEDING VIOLENCE
THE DARKEST DAY OF MAN
REPROGRAMMED TO HATE
VICER EXCISER
DEATH BECOMES HIM
ETERNAL REFUGE
UNNERVING
THIS IS EXILE

Man...this band blows

:ass:

Thanks for the set, though! Opening with End of Flesh is a good call. They were doing Unnerving earlier this year, and I had such problems with that. Still not enough songs from their first album, but I don't really care since I like all their stuff. :D

kommie
07-24-2011, 09:40 AM
:tp: You constantly rip on Magson, but you're as bad as him.

not really, I say something and usually that's it(it's not like me saying Whitechapel sucks is all that new), he constantly re-posts, and posts more, and more about how X, Y, or Z sucks/whatever it is he does.

street_burial
07-24-2011, 10:01 AM
From setlist.fm

END OF FLESH
POSSESSION
BREEDING VIOLENCE
THE DARKEST DAY OF MAN
REPROGRAMMED TO HATE
VICER EXCISER
DEATH BECOMES HIM
ETERNAL REFUGE
UNNERVING
THIS IS EXILE

Man...this band blows

no f"father of lies"? hmmmm

jd091
07-24-2011, 10:08 AM
no f"father of lies"? hmmmm

They haven't been playing that for a while. Kind of a shame, since it's pretty decent. And learn to type, noob!

street_burial
07-24-2011, 10:29 AM
They haven't been playing that for a while. Kind of a shame, since it's pretty decent.

it is. i havent seen them since '09 on the tour w/ trivium and i was looking forward to hearing that song live again.

And learn to type, noob!

http://http://www.paulohsms.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/okay-meme.jpg

llama lom
07-24-2011, 10:54 AM
Wow these setlists are looking pretty good. All the bands I'm interested in are playing some of my favorite songs. I need to go to this.

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 11:20 AM
From setlist.fm

END OF FLESH
POSSESSION
BREEDING VIOLENCE
THE DARKEST DAY OF MAN
REPROGRAMMED TO HATE
VICER EXCISER
DEATH BECOMES HIM
ETERNAL REFUGE
UNNERVING
THIS IS EXILE

Man...this band blows
Slightly Disappointing set.
I really thought they would keep Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation :bouville:

street_burial
07-24-2011, 11:23 AM
im fairly happy that whitechapel has kept Eternal Refuge and This is Exile for so long

jd091
07-24-2011, 11:51 AM

Woah woah WOAH. I didn't see that. This set automatically sucks then. Come on, other than Vicer Exciser, Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation has the best mindless, scream-something-very-offensive-because-you-hate-your-parents-right-before-a-breakdown deathcore moshbro line ever!

...and where is Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog?!

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 11:56 AM
Woah woah WOAH. I didn't see that. This set automatically sucks then. Come on, other than Vicer Exciser, Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation has the best mindless, scream-something-very-offensive-because-you-hate-your-parents-right-before-a-breakdown deathcore moshbro line ever!

...and where is Kill Your Mother, Rape Your Dog?!
Yeah seriously! I fucking love that song! And the 3 times I've seen them I've never seen them play it :bouville:

And yeah I was wondering the same thing.

jd091
07-24-2011, 12:05 PM
Yeah seriously! I fucking love that song! And the 3 times I've seen them I've never seen them play it :bouville:

And yeah I was wondering the same thing.

Yeah, I don't know if you've seen my review of the awesome show they put on with Acacia Strain, (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16124) but the funnest thing about mindless deathcore to me are those parts where everybody screams stupid offensive things out. Right after, the floor just became one gigantic mosh. Which leads me to my next point: how was the reaction to Whitechapel on this tour? There was pretty much no slamming going on when I saw 'em, which was great. The Wall of Death for This is Exile is always fun, too.

I just don't want to get TOO tired from Whitechapel, since I need to go balls out batshit crazy every fucking second of that Black Dahlia Murder set... :drool:

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 12:12 PM
Yeah, I don't know if you've seen my review of the awesome show they put on with Acacia Strain, (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=16124) but the funnest thing about mindless deathcore to me are those parts where everybody screams stupid offensive things out. Right after, the floor just became one gigantic mosh. Which leads me to my next point: how was the reaction to Whitechapel on this tour? There was pretty much no slamming going on when I saw 'em, which was great. The Wall of Death for This is Exile is always fun, too.

I just don't want to get TOO tired from Whitechapel, since I need to go balls out batshit crazy every fucking second of that Black Dahlia Murder set... :drool:

Same here! Saving every last energy for them. They are one of my favorite bands of all time and this will be my first time seeing them so I will be going insane :D

But yeah, I REALLY hope there are no hardcore dancers on this tour, it would kill my day.

treghet
07-24-2011, 12:13 PM

Don't you want to hear something else for a change? Like "Ear to Ear" or "Festering Fiesta"? I don't think they've played either of those since they were touring for the album. I actually think they should cut "Vicer Exciser" and put in "Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation" and one of the other songs I mentioned... or both of them!

idrinkwine732
07-24-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm basically going to see Fleshgod then try and find a TBDM member to smoke out.

MPF
07-24-2011, 12:26 PM
I'm basically going to see Fleshgod then try and find a TBDM member to smoke out.

Noble approach. I take it that you've tried this in the past?

jd091
07-24-2011, 12:57 PM
Don't you want to hear something else for a change? Like "Ear to Ear" or "Festering Fiesta"? I don't think they've played either of those since they were touring for the album. I actually think they should cut "Vicer Exciser" and put in "Prostatic Fluid Asphyxiation" and one of the other songs I mentioned... or both of them!

Oh, any song off of that first album would be incredible. I especially love the title track and Ear to Ear. But cut out Vicer Exciser or Prosatic? I just feel like those are staples because of the "everybody screams" parts. But since I've seen 'em before, and if I had to choose old gems or the old staples, I'd definitely go with the old gems. Hell, I realize they put out a new album recently, but when I go to see Whtechapel, I want those oldies, so they could cut as many as they want from A New Era or even This is Exile and I would be fine.

As for the new songs, they didn't play Murder Sermon or Single File to Dehumanization, which kind of sucks. I'd be down to see them cut Unnerving. End of Flesh seems like a good opener, though. Nice and fast paced, a good circle pitter. Overall, I'm satisfied with this set, since I expects it to be a lot shorter. This I'd gonna be a great concert! Too bad I have to sit through Oceano... fucking hate them.

mastodon421
07-24-2011, 05:00 PM
Same here! Saving every last energy for them. They are one of my favorite bands of all time and this will be my first time seeing them so I will be going insane :D

But yeah, I REALLY hope there are no hardcore dancers on this tour, it would kill my day.

With Whitechapel, As Blood Runs Black, Oceano, and Within The Ruins on the bill, there very well could be some hardcore dancers. I really hope there isn't though.

kommie
07-24-2011, 05:10 PM
With Whitechapel, As Blood Runs Black, Oceano, and Within The Ruins on the bill, there very well could be some hardcore dancers. I really hope there isn't though.

half the bands appeal to hardcore dancers, Whitechapel, ABRB, Oceano, Within the Ruins, and yes, I've even seen people hardcore dance to Dying Fetus.

Epidemic Reign
07-24-2011, 05:11 PM
I think the CC covers are a sign that Chris Barnes finally realized his band fucking sucks.

treghet
07-24-2011, 05:12 PM
I think the CC covers are a sign that Chris Barnes finally realized his band fucking sucks.

:lol:

OraclesofAgony
07-24-2011, 05:15 PM

I didn't see any but of course I wasn't paying attention during any of those bands you listed. Oceano was seriously one of the lamest bands I've ever heard. I didn't really see them that much because I was sitting in the back but I could hear them and it was awful. Almost as embarrassing as Suicide Silence.

gabo03
07-24-2011, 10:59 PM
SFU covers CC, amazing!!

hellawaits77ny
07-26-2011, 03:26 AM

Yep. Same here

And I'm bummed by the DF setlist, too. Will still be a good tour, and I look forward to seeing it!

xStructualDefect
07-26-2011, 03:07 PM
I had like 10 friends who went to this show and they all pretty much said it was the most fun concert they've ever been to. Probably because we all like As Blood Runs Black, Whitechapel, Black Dahlia Murder, and Darkest Hour a good amount and they also said it was the most intense crowd they've ever been apart of. I chose to go to Lake Havasu with a bunch of friends the same weekend this was and to be honest I'm really regretting now going to this show now.

OraclesofAgony
07-26-2011, 04:04 PM
I had like 10 friends who went to this show and they all pretty much said it was the most fun concert they've ever been to. Probably because we all like As Blood Runs Black, Whitechapel, Black Dahlia Murder, and Darkest Hour a good amount and they also said it was the most intense crowd they've ever been apart of. I chose to go to Lake Havasu with a bunch of friends the same weekend this was and to be honest I'm really regretting now going to this show now.

The crowd for Black Dahlia Murder was definitely one of the craziest crowds I've been a part of. The crowd was swaying throughout the set, there was constant crowd surfing, I got knocked down a bunch of times while I wasn't even moshing, and at times it was hard to breath.

It was almost as intense as the Megadeth Rust In Peace show I went to. That was easily the craziest crowd I've been a part of. I almost passed out halfway into Megadeth's set. I had to step out of the crowd after they finished Rust In Peace because I just couldn't take it anymore. My energy was almost completely drained at the end of Testament's set alone.

jd091
07-26-2011, 05:54 PM
The crowd for Black Dahlia Murder was definitely one of the craziest crowds I've been a part of. The crowd was swaying throughout the set, there was constant crowd surfing, I got knocked down a bunch of times while I wasn't even moshing, and at times it was hard to breath.

It was almost as intense as the Megadeth Rust In Peace show I went to. That was easily the craziest crowd I've been a part of. I almost passed out halfway into Megadeth's set. I had to step out of the crowd after they finished Rust In Peace because I just couldn't take it anymore. My energy was almost completely drained at the end of Testament's set alone.

Oh man, I think I'm gonna be in a perpetual state of crowdsurfing during BDM's set... :drool:

LAXdef16
07-26-2011, 07:26 PM

That sounds amazing :drool:
I've been dying to see these guys for the longest time

the deathmetaler
07-27-2011, 09:44 AM
Someone told me that the SFU setlist was (in no order):

1. Stripped, Raped, and Strangled
2. No Warning Shot
3. Revenge of the Zombie
4. Seed of Filth
5. Human Target
6. Feasting on the Blood of the Insane
7. Victim of the Paranoid