PDA

View Full Version : Disturbed Going On Hiatus???

300%_Density
07-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Best news of the week...possibly the month...possibly the year. I apologize b/c there are a few Disturbed fans on here. My apologies to you...

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=161030

DISTURBED singer David Draiman has commented on persistent rumors that the band will call it quits once it completes its South American tour in August.

Asked by a fan via Twitter if it's true that DISTURBED might break up, Draiman replied earlier today (Friday, July 22), "We don't know what we're doing yet. All I can tell you is that we will be gone for quite a while."

Draiman told an Idaho radio station on July 13 that the band will not headline a sixth "Music As A Weapon" tour in 2012 and is not sure what its plans for the future are. In the interview with Boise's KQXR, Draiman said, "We don't know what we're doing . . . This is gonna be the last tour that the American people get to see us in for awhile, if not indefinitely. We have some things going on internally, we have some personal things going on. So I don't know. It's hard to tell . . . But you're not gonna see a DISTURBED tour for awhile."

Draiman did not elaborate on what "personal" or "internal" issues the band was dealing with.

I'm really hoping this happens. I don't wish anything bad towards the band as far as their "personal" / "internal" issues go but god enough is enough already. I have a feeling they will go the SOAD way, maybe somebody does a couple solo albums, they will be shit and nobody will like them, then 4-5 years they get back together, do a huge festival and we are stuck w/ Disturbed again. Just a guess.

LAXdef16
07-22-2011, 09:11 PM
:party::D:party::D:party:

street_burial
07-22-2011, 09:16 PM
:rocker::rocker:

Indestructible
07-22-2011, 09:18 PM
I can understand giving some mainstream bands shit, but why would you talk shit about a mainstream band that is actually good?

Indestructible
07-22-2011, 09:21 PM
I'm so cool Im hating on Disturbed where's my reward.

makethemsuffer12
07-22-2011, 09:22 PM
I can understand giving some mainstream bands shit, but why would you talk shit about a mainstream band that is actually good?

You see, "good" is subjective here.

I'm so cool Im hating on Disturbed where's my reward.

No need for this, it won't change anything.

I like Disturbed, btw.

300%_Density
07-22-2011, 09:27 PM
I have no problem admitting that I liked The Sickness & then after buying Believe they really kind of lost me and they've never really done anything w/ the exception of a song or 2 that I enjoyed. I've seen them 4-5x and each time I saw them I enjoyed them less and less. It's not like I'm hating w/o giving them a chance, they've gotten less enjoyable for me as the years go by. I'm not hating on anyone that does, to each their own.

BloodoftheKings
07-22-2011, 09:53 PM
:rocker:

slapguitarer
07-22-2011, 10:05 PM
Now where will I go for br00tal metal?

:bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville:

MPF
07-22-2011, 10:06 PM
Sounds like someones about to get kicked out...

street_burial
07-22-2011, 10:29 PM
Now where will I go for br00tal metal?

:bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville: :bouville:

:lol::lol::lol:

Nick_to_the_face
07-22-2011, 10:59 PM
It's about time..they were running on their last leg. I mean come one, when your songs start sounding THAT alike..it's time to go

AnthG
07-22-2011, 11:02 PM
I never understood why people are so happy that a band they don't like is breaking up. I mean, you were never listening to the band anyway, and i'm sure you're all old and capable enough that you're able to listen to what you want and not have to be forced to listen to them, so how does them breaking up make a difference? And if that was the case, it's not like a band breaking up will mean that their music will automatically stopped being played or talked about. I can understand hating a band or ripping on them because you think they suck (I've done my fair share), but how is a band you hate breaking up really changing anything?

As far as this indefinite hiatus...meh. I'm a Disturbed fan, but maybe a break for a few years will allow them to mix up their sound a little bit. They've basically been doing the same stuff for 3 albums now, and their live show has become so bland and predictable, everything from the setlists to David's in-between song banter to the videos being used on their video screens, etc.

masterguy49
07-22-2011, 11:04 PM
I never understood why people are so happy that a band they don't like is breaking up. I mean, you were never listening to the band anyway, and i'm sure you're all old and capable enough that you're able to listen to what you want and not have to be forced to listen to them, so how does them breaking up make a difference? And if that was the case, it's not like a band breaking up will mean that their music will automatically stopped being played or talked about. I can understand hating a band or ripping on them because you think they suck (I've done my fair share), but how is a band you hate breaking up really changing anything?

As far as this indefinite hiatus...meh. I'm a Disturbed fan, but maybe a break for a few years will allow them to mix up their sound a little bit. They've basically been doing the same stuff for 3 albums now, and their live show has become so bland and predictable, everything from the setlists to David's in-between song banter to the videos being used on their video screens, etc.
Im just happy cause they have been on like every fucking tour out there and it's getting kinda annoying.

idrinkwine732
07-22-2011, 11:04 PM

To me, it truly makes no difference. I don't care.

I just get a reprieve from being asked "DO YOU LIKE DISTURBED???" when I say I like metal. I'm fine with it being some other retardedly bad band, but it just always is Disturbed.

Butcher of Birth
07-22-2011, 11:06 PM
http://www.gifbin.com/bin/042010/1272535664_roman-abramovich-is-happy.gif

DisposableJustice
07-22-2011, 11:28 PM
Meh I only really enjoyed their first album after that everything was recycled; so good for them, maybe they will have luck in solo career (LOL NOPE) or maybe they can get re-charged and come back in 3-4 years

who knows

TonyD
07-23-2011, 12:36 AM
Sounds like someones about to get kicked out...

http://www.blogcdn.com/www.noisecreep.com/media/2010/03/mike-portnoy-200-mwo072109d.jpg
Do you think it's the drummer?

NickLed19
07-23-2011, 01:37 AM
David really needs to rest his voice anyway, he has sounded rough over the last year or so.

zerkz
07-23-2011, 03:56 AM
I find it funny that alot of people dig the first album the most, because it was practically their only nu-metal album, yet most people hate on nu-metal.

My favorite album was Believe, and they really lost traction after Ten Thousand Fists I think. They could use a hiatus.

Maidenmagic
07-23-2011, 04:49 AM
Great news. Their fans now have the chance to listen to REAL metal, not radio hard rock.

Indestructible
07-23-2011, 04:52 AM
Great news. Their fans now have the chance to listen to REAL metal, not radio hard rock.

I listen to both.

People seem to have a problem with the last three Disturbed albums, but I think those are their best.

mastodon421
07-23-2011, 05:06 AM
They should probably hang it up for a few years. They were barely above average at Mayhem yesterday.

ravenheart
07-23-2011, 05:08 AM
I actually liked Ten Thousand Fists enough to buy the next one. Which turned out to be the EXACT SAME ALBUM. So I stopped caring. Also saw them live on the tour for that album (festival), and they were so fucking boring that I REALLY stopped caring.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-23-2011, 07:25 AM
For a rock band Disturbed's music has gotten way to mechanical/computerized sounding, cut & paste with no soul. Each album has a few good song but they would have been better served to put out an album every 3 years with less filler material compared to their nonstop album release followed by a tour followed by a new album and another tour. Fans are burnt out on Disturbed and now Disturbed is just going through the motions and are apparently tired of each other. Disturbed has oversaturated the metal market starting with 10,000 Fists. Its like that album came out and they have yet to go away.

Nu Metal is starting to die off. Less fans are going to the shows and there aren't any newer bands in that vein coming out to shake things up. Disturbed, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Seether, Mudvayne are fading out like hair metal did in the early 90's. Slipknot & SOAD will likely be the only two nu metal ands to carry forward with success due to their loyal, large fan bases. While I'm not sure where the next Nirvana will come from or who it will be I think it arrives in the next year to year and a half and drives the final nail into the nu metal coffin.

Dextrimental
07-23-2011, 07:45 AM
For a rock band Disturbed's music has gotten way to mechanical/computerized sounding, cut & paste with no soul. Each album has a few good song but they would have been better served to put out an album every 3 years with less filler material compared to their nonstop album release followed by a tour followed by a new album and another tour. Fans are burnt out on Disturbed and now Disturbed is just going through the motions and are apparently tired of each other. Disturbed has oversaturated the metal market starting with 10,000 Fists. Its like that album came out and they have yet to go away.

Nu Metal is starting to die off. Less fans are going to the shows and there aren't any newer bands in that vein coming out to shake things up. Disturbed, Godsmack, Limp Bizkit, Seether, Mudvayne are fading out like hair metal did in the early 90's. Slipknot & SOAD will likely be the only two nu metal ands to carry forward with success due to their loyal, large fan bases. While I'm not sure where the next Nirvana will come from or who it will be I think it arrives in the next year to year and a half and drives the final nail into the nu metal coffin.

I agree on everything except Limp Bizkit, they are still getting a huge push in Europe and doing very well because of Kerrang etc. pushing them. Same with Linkin Park, but they stopped being a metal band with the last record. I do agree though, there is going to be a new band that will spawn a new wave of popular metal/rock and nu metal as a fashion statement and stylistic definition will effectively die in the mainstream.

Sanitarium78
07-23-2011, 07:55 AM

10,000 Fists came out in 2005 and Indestructible came out in 2008 so they were sticking with the new album every three years until Asylum came out last year.

I think they band has wanted to end if for a few years now, perhaps since after the 2006 Ozzfest ended. But kept going due to the fact they were hugely successful and they decided to hang on and cash in as much as possible until they couldn't anymore.

I saw them on the 2003 and 2006 Ozzfest and their live show ruled and kicked ass. But when I saw them on the first Mayhem fest they had lost their passion live and I saw that again last year at Uproar.

They've toured non stop over the last three years and there isn't much left for them to accomplish in the music world. So a hiatus after this tour is over is a wise thing at this point. Maybe they can get some of that passion back they had in the first half of the 2000s again.

WOLVERINEKILLS
07-23-2011, 08:03 AM
They may have taken a break after 2006 but perhaps due to Land of Confusion and other songs being constantly played on radio, it just seems like they never went away. And when they released new material 75% of it sounded like left overs. Perhaps they should have experimented a bit more or tried to become more progressive & stray from the radio single song format that alot of their songs stuck to. For the record I like Disturbed okay but a break is definitely needed.

Sanitarium78
07-23-2011, 08:13 AM
For the record I like Disturbed okay but a break is definitely needed.

I'll agree with that. I did like most of Indestructible though. It was the newer one that turned me off a bit. There's a few good tunes on it but most of it is forgettable.

DementedX14
07-23-2011, 08:14 AM

Nu-Metal has been dead since 2003. All those bands that you mention have turn into basically hard rock/alternative or were never nu-metal in the first place (i.e. seether, godsmack). Anyways, Disturbed need a break anyway.

AnthG
07-23-2011, 08:45 AM
The problem with Disturbed was that they basically covered both ends of the spectrum they could with the first 2 albums, then found that safe but still solid middleground with Ten Thousand fists, and then it seems like they just got stuck and did what a lot of bands do and release a lot of the same stuff.

I will say though that Draiman himself got better lyrically with each album, or at least through the first 4 albums.

IrritatedTrout
07-23-2011, 08:48 AM
Good.

hellawaits77ny
07-23-2011, 02:46 PM

This

MPF
07-23-2011, 03:49 PM
http://www.blogcdn.com/www.noisecreep.com/media/2010/03/mike-portnoy-200-mwo072109d.jpg

hahaha

That does almost work, except Mike quit.

But I'm guessing it is either the guitarist or the drummer. Since they plus David are original members so it's gotta be somebody of importance to songwriting in the band.

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 03:51 PM
I find it hard to believe either member couldn't be replaced by Pro Tools, then you just setup a Macbook on stage and it gets it's own stool to sit on and they just tour w/ that.

MPF
07-23-2011, 03:58 PM
I find it hard to believe either member couldn't be replaced by Pro Tools, then you just setup a Macbook on stage and it gets it's own stool to sit on and they just tour w/ that.

Somebody live would eventually notice that they don't see what they are hearing. :tongue:

larvtard
07-23-2011, 04:19 PM

It's honestly kind of selfish.

300%_Density
07-23-2011, 04:56 PM
Somebody live would eventually notice that they don't see what they are hearing. :tongue:

LOL but the question is how many years would it "actually" take someone to figure that out. Let's be realistic about this.

velvetgrass
07-23-2011, 04:57 PM
I'm really hoping this happens. I don't wish anything bad towards the band as far as their "personal" / "internal" issues go but god enough is enough already. I have a feeling they will go the SOAD way, maybe somebody does a couple solo albums, they will be shit and nobody will like them, then 4-5 years they get back together, do a huge festival and we are stuck w/ Disturbed again. Just a guess.

I wouldn't mind if they go the SOAD hiatus route, because even the best bands deserve a break. And look at the May-June System tour, 26-28 songs a night! That's awesomely insane!

But, I don't like people that think just because they don't like a band that they should break up. I'm just saying in general. Well at least I got to see Disturbed when they came to Milwaukee in May.

And all the crap I here about David's voice being stained. I can hear it slightly, but I think most people are blowing it way out of proportion.

Now for all the fans of Disturbed on this board, including myself:
"We are DISTURBED, we are DISTURBED, we are DISTURBED, we all are DISTURBED" :rocker:

MPF
07-23-2011, 05:01 PM
LOL but the question is how many years would it "actually" take someone to figure that out. Let's be realistic about this.

haha so true. Hell a lot people didn't realize Korn was without a 2nd guitarist until 3-4 tours after Head left. The same will be true of Disturbed probably.

illuminatus917
07-23-2011, 09:41 PM
asked "DO YOU LIKE DISTURBED???" when I say I like metal. I'm fine with it being some other retardedly bad band, but it just always is Disturbed.

It's always Whitechapel or Demon Hunter or Emmure or some band like that for me. And I go insane with rage.

illninoese
07-23-2011, 10:37 PM
Oh no3s

brutal_descent
07-23-2011, 10:56 PM
For me it's Slipknot, A Day To Remember, Korn, or Suicide Silence ^__^

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 12:24 AM

LOLWUT

Anyways you guys are lucky, when I tell people I like metal they're like oh so you like that screamo shit and then some fake imitation of "vocals" involving the said dumbass going RARARA loudly. :tp:

I hate Florida.

OraclesofAgony
07-24-2011, 01:17 AM

I'd lose my mind if this band is brought up.

mastodon421
07-24-2011, 06:06 AM
LOLWUT

Anyways you guys are lucky, when I tell people I like metal they're like oh so you like that screamo shit and then some fake imitation of "vocals" involving the said dumbass going RARARA loudly. :tp:

I hate Florida.

That tends to happen in Massachusetts as well. Something like that or "you like that devil music?"

DethMaiden
07-24-2011, 06:09 AM
LOLWUT

I hate Florida.

That ain't Florida, buddy. :lol: I get that from most new people. People who know me know I know more about metal than they know about anything, though, so they don't fuck around. ;)

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 10:30 AM
That ain't Florida, buddy. :lol: I get that from most new people. People who know me know I know more about metal than they know about anything, though, so they don't fuck around. ;)

Yeah, same thing for me. Most of my friends know I know more about music more than anyone so they don't bother me ;)

BlindGuardian93
07-24-2011, 10:41 AM
I really like disturbed but they do need hiatus and time to change up their sound and recharge to make a new album that has more variety than Asylum

slapguitarer
07-24-2011, 10:49 AM
LOLWUT

I hate Florida.

That's what I get too, along with something along the lines of "You seem to nice to be listening to that."

But I think the worst was once I told this chick that I listen to Metal and she said "Like the Rolling Stones?" :lol:

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 10:53 AM
That's what I get too, along with something along the lines of "You seem to nice to be listening to that."

But I think the worst was once I told this chick that I listen to Metal and she said "Like the Rolling Stones?" :lol:
:lol: Wow, I've never gotten that.

As for the nice thing, I'll probably never get that considering most of my shirts are violent and I'm usually a very sarcastic person :tongue:

slapguitarer
07-24-2011, 11:01 AM
:lol: Wow, I've never gotten that.

And you think it'd be some old lady, but she's only a year older than I am...

masterguy49
07-24-2011, 11:03 AM
And you think it'd be some old lady, but she's only a year older than I am...

Well at least she knows the Rolling Stones :eyes: