PDA

View Full Version : Godsmack/Adrenaline Mob Mini Tour

MPF
07-21-2011, 01:27 PM
From Mike Portnoy:

ADRENALINE MOB to support GODSMACK in August

Adrenaline Mob - featuring vocalist Russell Allen (Symphony X), drummer Mike Portnoy (Dream Theater / Avenged Sevenfold), guitarists Mike Orlando (Sonic Stomp) & Rich Ward (Fozzy, Stuck Mojo) and bassist Paul DiLeo, have been confirmed as one of the support acts for Godsmack on their post-Mayhem headlining run throughout North America in August

Mike Portnoy:
"I'd like to personally thank Sully and everyone in the Godsmack camp for offering The Mob these dates without our album even being out yet! It shows a tremendous amount of BALLS as well as faith in the music and live energy of Adrenaline Mob to do that and they will forever be held as seriously cool MF's in my book for that! Good karma pays itself back elevenfold!"

In addition to the Godsmack dates, Adrenaline Mob will be doing several exclusive small club shows throughout the run to give fans an intimate live preview of the band...dates TBA

To coincide with the tour, Adrenaline Mob will release a 4-song EP in August and plan on releasing their full length debut album at the start of 2012.

Godsmack w special guests Adrenaline Mob:

Tues 8/16 - Myrtle Beach, SC - House Of Blues
Sat 8/20 - Watertown, NY - Watertown Grandstands
Sun 8/21 - Hamilton, ON - Copps Colisseum
Tue 8/23 - Dubuque, IA - Five Flags Arena
Wed 8/24 - Bloomington, IL - US Cellular Colisseum
Fri 8/26 - Casper, WY - Casper Events Center
Sat 8/27 - Grand Junction, CO - Rock Jam

ravenheart
07-21-2011, 01:32 PM
I'd definitely see this if it came to the UK.

Maidenmagic
07-21-2011, 03:28 PM
Not surprising, since the mob sound like they have modern riffs.

ravenheart
07-22-2011, 01:37 AM
Not surprising, since the mob sound like they have modern riffs.

When have Rich Ward's been anything else?

Sadly though, these don't appear to be vintage Ward, which is disappointing. I'd have loved to hear Russell Allen sing over Rich's usual stuff.

Maidenmagic
07-22-2011, 05:14 AM
I typed Rich Ward into google and listened to some Fozzy songs. If the mob sounds lke that, I'm not buying their album. Way too modern/hard rock sounding for my tastes.

Steev
07-22-2011, 06:25 AM
sounds cool, I kinda wish they would do a short set at Mayhem in NJ next week(I mean thatd be a hometown show for them)

ravenheart
07-22-2011, 06:40 AM
I typed Rich Ward into google and listened to some Fozzy songs. If the mob sounds lke that, I'm not buying their album. Way too modern/hard rock sounding for my tastes.

Apart from some of the tracks on the latest Fozzy album, Rich's best work is the first three or four Stuck Mojo albums and the 'My Kung Fu Is Good' album.

Sickspeed were good too, but you wouldn't like them.

Maiden33
07-22-2011, 08:11 AM
My favorite thing about this is comments from clueless people saying it's a bad pairing. I was at the still one and only Adrenaline Mob show, and their music certainly has a hell of a lot more in common with Godsmack than anything having to do with Symphony X/Dream Theater - though a lot of delusional people seem to think otherwise.

ravenheart
07-28-2011, 02:50 AM
Adrenline Mob off dates:

August
14 - Allentown, PA - Crocodile Rock
18 - Clifton Park, NY - Northern Lights

Maiden33
07-28-2011, 08:12 AM
Croc Rock is like 10 minutes from my house and yet I still doubt I'll be going to that show. I was just so completely unimpressed by their material.

ravenheart
07-29-2011, 12:20 PM
More off dates:

August
17 - Springfield, VA - Jaxx
19 - Worcester, MA - The Palladium
22 - Chicago, IL - Bottom Lounge
28 - Denver, CO - The Marquis Theater

September
3 - San Francisco, CA - The Independent

ravenheart
08-11-2011, 01:50 AM