PDA

View Full Version : Styx -- Kansas City, MO -- July 18th, 2011

mankvill
07-19-2011, 08:41 PM
http://backtorockville.typepad.com/back_to_rockville/2011/07/review-yes-and-styx.html#more

Styx:

Blue Collar Man
The Grand Illusion
One With Everything
Too Much Time On My Hands
Lady
Lorelei
Man in the Wilderness
Suite Madame Blue
Crystal Ball
Fooling Yourself (Angry Young Man)
Miss America
Sail Away
Renegade

Yes:

Tempus Fugit
Yours Is No Disgrace
Heart of the Sunrise
Iíve Seen All Good People
Fly From Here
And You and I
Owner of a Lonely Heart (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D5OzF-ZT6QI)
Starship Trooper
Roundabout

edit: Tags wouldn't let me put "Yes" so the tag for Yes is now "the band yes"

The Ghost at Number One
07-19-2011, 09:59 PM
Any idea whether or not Yes ever plays Leave It?

bigguytoo9
07-19-2011, 10:24 PM

I dont think they play it too often anymore. Pretty solid setlist from YES on this tour for sure.

slapguitarer
07-19-2011, 10:42 PM
Solid set from Yes. It'd be cool to go, but I'm not pissed I have to miss it.

Nick_to_the_face
07-20-2011, 11:05 AM
I'm mad I missed this:bouville:

NickLed19
07-20-2011, 11:20 AM
Saw this show last weekend, and Styx was amazing.

Thrasher-NY
07-20-2011, 06:43 PM
Saw this show last Tuesday up at Bethel Woods NY (site if the orignal festival)
My girlfriends 17 year old won wanted us to take him and a friend...why not
Being a metal head it was funny wearing a Watain shirt around the concert...awesome facility and outdoor covered pavillion with a lawn seating area.....awesome manicured grounds.

YES was pretty good even though their "Jon Anderson" sound a like was cracking on some of the notes.....generally boring performance IMO

STYX however...FREAKIN ROCKED!!! Just a strong performance from beginning to end and a pretty balanced setlist. Their "Dennis DeYoung" sound a like was spot on and played a mean keyboard

NickLed19
07-21-2011, 02:16 AM
Saw this show last Tuesday up at Bethel Woods NY (site if the orignal festival)
My girlfriends 17 year old won wanted us to take him and a friend...why not
Being a metal head it was funny wearing a Watain shirt around the concert...awesome facility and outdoor covered pavillion with a lawn seating area.....awesome manicured grounds.

YES was pretty good even though their "Jon Anderson" sound a like was cracking on some of the notes.....generally boring performance IMO

STYX however...FREAKIN ROCKED!!! Just a strong performance from beginning to end and a pretty balanced setlist. Their "Dennis DeYoung" sound a like was spot on and played a mean keyboard

I have seen Styx 4 times now, and man they kill it every time. The whole band is really talented, much better without DeYoung imo.

MetalDoug
07-21-2011, 03:38 AM

Leave It?! Oh man, they only played that song on the 90125 Tour back in 84-85! It would be great if they played it again but they need the great Trevor Rabin back in the band!!

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2011, 06:39 AM
Saw this tour bout a week and a half ago. Styx have been pretty good both times I've seen them, but Yes were absolutely mindblowing imo.

NickLed19
07-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Saw this tour bout a week and a half ago. Styx have been pretty good both times I've seen them, but Yes were absolutely mindblowing imo.

What show were you watching?

SomewhereInTime72
07-21-2011, 04:05 PM
What show were you watching?

1 week before this show on Monday the 11th.

Unless you were trying to imply that Styx is better than Yes which is just nonsense. ;)

NickLed19
07-22-2011, 02:09 AM
1 week before this show on Monday the 11th.

Unless you were trying to imply that Styx is better than Yes which is just nonsense. ;)

They were much better.

bennythedog
07-22-2011, 08:24 AM
I haven't seen either of them live in a while but I've seen some recent concert videos of the two and would definitely say that Tommy and JY and Styx rocking quite well these days, whereas Yes sounded boring. I changed the channel after a song or two.. it was really unwatchable for me.

SomewhereInTime72
07-22-2011, 01:49 PM
plebians