PDA

View Full Version : In Flames -- Omaha, NE -- July 18th, 2011

CapnAwesome
07-19-2011, 05:30 AM
I didn't go to this show, but I plan on attending another off-date headlining show at the beginning of August.

Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Colony
Deliver Us
Only For The Weak
The Hive
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
Where Dead Ships Dwell
System
Leeches
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Seems like they're not throwing in any rarities or surprises in their set since they've been touring this year. This looks almost identical to a festival setlist about a month ago, but whatever. I'm glad that with 3 openers they still play 18 songs though. Colony and OFTW are nice as they haven't played those in the U.S. for the past two tours. I love Cloud Connected as an opener, but following it with Trigger? :nonono:

What has happened to my (ex) favorite band...

HugeRockStar
07-19-2011, 06:40 AM
Greatest hits sets are boring. I've seen all these songs multiple times each (except the 2 new ones of course). I'm sure when they do a proper headlining tour for the new album it will be a more interesting setlist but these 'greatest hits' sets are just lazy of them.

CapnAwesome
07-19-2011, 07:09 AM
The last US tour they headlined and played almost the exact same set, and that was in late 2009 so they've had plenty of time to not only make a new album but rehearse more songs. I agree, lazy

Maideneer
07-19-2011, 07:26 AM
Quite frankly this is embarrassing. Glad I caught this before I decided to go to upstate NY and be disappointed. Mayhem set will be just fine for me this time around.

The Reroute to Remain driftwood needs to go, System/Trigger, really?
Same goes for the Come Clarity b.s., Leeches, title track, all dead in the water tracks.

I should do set list consulting work, is there a market for this profession yet?

Travis The Dragon
07-19-2011, 02:43 PM
I'm sure when they tour to fully support the new album, we'll hear more of those songs and certain same songs from this set. I agree that they really need to mix it up more. It sure was nice seeing Satellites and Astronauts and System back in 2008! :rocker:

kevin_headbanger
07-19-2011, 05:46 PM
Yup, Satellites And Astronauts is one of my favourite (if not my favourite) IF songs...and it was truly nice to hear it live back in 2008... They also played the Jester Race Medley during that tour, which was awesome as well... I hope they'll bring back some more older stuff, like from Colony (Coerced Coexistence, Resin) and The Jester Race (Artifacts and Moonshield). Can't wait for their next headlining tour!

CapnAwesome
07-19-2011, 06:07 PM
I hope they'll bring back some more older stuff, like from Colony (Coerced Coexistence, Resin) and The Jester Race (Artifacts and Moonshield).

Don't count on it, after the Come Clarity tour cycle they seemed to not care about their older material anymore.

Imo, maybe its because of just their age and Jesper's problems at the time, between 2006 and 2008 SOMETHING happened to this band to where their energy seemed to leave their music. When I saw them in early 06', it was a completely different band than now. Jumping, excitement from all the band members, sheesh I'd like to know why they've changed so much...

The_jman
07-19-2011, 07:26 PM
meh set...