PDA

View Full Version : Soundgarden -- Chicago, IL -- July 16th, 2011

petrovar
07-18-2011, 09:04 AM
Venue: UIC Pavilion
Source: Me

I decided that since I had never seen one of my favorite bands of all time live and that this may be the last chance I get, why not drive from Cleveland to Chicago to catch it on a Saturday night?

1. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
2. Spoonman
3. Room a Thousand Years Wide :rocker:
4. Jesus Christ Pose
5. Blow Up the Outside World
6. The Day I Tried to Live
7. My Wave
8. Fell on Black Days
9. Ugly Truth
10. Hunted Down
11. Outshined
12. Flower :drool:
13. Rusty Cage
14. Black Hole Sun
15. Burden in My Hand
16. Pretty Noose
17. 4th of July
18. Superunknown
19. Beyond the Wheel :rocker::rocker:

Encore:
20. Nothing To Say
21. Mailman :drool::drool:
22. Like Suicide:D
23. Slaves & Bulldozers

I could not have asked for a better show from them. I was 2 rows from the front, right in front of Kim. For those wondering, yes Chris' voice is still top notch. Great setlist, a few awesome surprises (Mailman, Flower and Superunknown). Highlights were Beyond the Wheel, Like Suicide, Rooms and 4th of July.

Mars Volta opened. Great set by them as well. Not sure of the set, but they played newer stuff

Natrlhi
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
This was on my radar screen because of The Mars Volta, and because my wife's family lives on Chicago, but alas, it wasn't meant to be. Looks like a pretty good Soundgarden set, though. As long as it has "Outshined", "Jesus Christ Pose", "Spoonman" and "Rusty Cage", I would have been happy. :fist:

electrocute1031
07-18-2011, 09:30 AM
that setlist :lovedup:

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Venue: UIC Pavilion
Source: Me

I decided that since I had never seen one of my favorite bands of all time live and that this may be the last chance I get, why not drive from Cleveland to Chicago to catch it on a Saturday night?

1. Searching With My Good Eye Closed
2. Spoonman
3. Room a Thousand Years Wide :rocker:
4. Jesus Christ Pose
5. Blow Up the Outside World
6. The Day I Tried to Live
7. My Wave
8. Fell on Black Days
9. Ugly Truth
10. Hunted Down
11. Outshined
12. Flower :drool:
13. Rusty Cage
14. Black Hole Sun
15. Burden in My Hand
16. Pretty Noose
17. 4th of July
18. Superunknown
19. Beyond the Wheel :rocker::rocker:

Encore:
20. Nothing To Say
21. Mailman :drool::drool:
22. Like Suicide:D
23. Slaves & Bulldozers

I could not have asked for a better show from them. I was 2 rows from the front, right in front of Kim. For those wondering, yes Chris' voice is still top notch. Great setlist, a few awesome surprises (Mailman, Flower and Superunknown). Highlights were Beyond the Wheel, Like Suicide, Rooms and 4th of July.

Mars Volta opened. Great set by them as well. Not sure of the set, but they played newer stuff

Holy shit and fuck me sideways! :drool: If they play Flower I will die of happiness.

Jochen
07-18-2011, 11:25 AM
I was at that show. My girlfriend and I drove from Milwaukee. I wasn't a big Soundgarden fan, but they really impressed me, especially hearing 4th of July. Although the sound was pretty bad, imo, it was a good show.

jd091
07-18-2011, 12:51 PM
fuck me sideways!

groce!

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 12:53 PM
groce!

:D

I'd like to come to Chilcago someday. ;) I heard it's fun.

petrovar
07-18-2011, 12:59 PM

HAHAHA...Yeah I was in a hurry and notice that after I posted. It was pretty chill though

jd091

Dude! Come, and you can totally stay in my apartment! :lovedup:

petrovar
I was at that show. My girlfriend and I drove from Milwaukee. I wasn't a big Soundgarden fan, but they really impressed me, especially hearing 4th of July. Although the sound was pretty bad, imo, it was a good show.

True, the sound could have been a bit better. I noticed Kim's guitar wasn't turned up all that loud. Ben's bass was up a ton during the encore.

petrovar
07-18-2011, 01:01 PM

For some sideways fucking???? :D Sorry had to do it

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 01:01 PM

Lollapalooza '12? :lovedup:

For some sideways fucking???? :D Sorry had to do it

I hate you so much.

NickLed19
07-18-2011, 02:32 PM
Pretty Noose makes it epic.

El Gordo
07-18-2011, 06:01 PM

Nah, Beyond the Wheel makes it fucking epic. That's like my new favourite Soundgarden song after seeing it live.

Sanitarium78
07-18-2011, 07:01 PM

You mean the big hit song that they were gonna play anyways?

Searching With My Good Eye Closed, Room a Thousand Years Wide, Jesus Christ Pose, The Day I Tried to Live, Flower, 4th of July, Superunknown, Beyond the Wheel, Mailman, Like Suicide and Slaves & Bulldozers makes the setlist epic.

jd091
07-18-2011, 07:35 PM
Lollapalooza '12? :lovedup:

If everything goes according to plan, I should have an internship somewhere in the city of Chicago next summer and have the apartment over the summer. I really, REALLY need to spend my next summer at a place of my own. Anyway, if that is the case, you should TOTALLY come up to see Lolla! All my friends in Chicago already go, so it would be awesome! (Before you ask, I'm not going this year because of transportation issues, costs, and conflicts with my job times. And the lineup isn't too amazing for me to cut work and all that jazz).

AND I will be 21 then... ;) :drinking:

larvtard
07-18-2011, 07:39 PM
If everything goes according to plan, I should have an internship somewhere in the city of Chicago next summer and have the apartment over the summer. I really, REALLY need to spend my next summer at a place of my own. Anyway, if that is the case, you should TOTALLY come up to see Lolla! All my friends in Chicago already go, so it would be awesome! (Before you ask, I'm not going this year because of transportation issues, costs, and conflicts with my job times. And the lineup isn't too amazing for me to cut work and all that jazz).

AND I will be 21 then... ;) :drinking:

Don't you have to be a junior in college to score an internship?

And I still haven't visited Chicago, but I want to so badly. In due time, I suppose...

petrovar
07-18-2011, 08:14 PM
Nah, Beyond the Wheel makes it fucking epic. That's like my new favourite Soundgarden song after seeing it live.

Yeah, I liked that song before but after seeing it live, it's one of my favorites

jd091
07-18-2011, 08:17 PM
Don't you have to be a junior in college to score an internship?

And I still haven't visited Chicago, but I want to so badly. In due time, I suppose...

I got an internship this summer, right after freshmen year. I know that Junior/senior year you can get class credit for internships, which is what you're probably thinking of. It's expected of you at that age, actually. During school, too, if possible.

And hey, my bed is your bed if you ever come up here. ;)

larvtard
07-18-2011, 08:32 PM

Uhhmmm.... :eyes:

jd091
07-18-2011, 08:39 PM

:bliss:

jhdeity
07-18-2011, 09:28 PM
If not the Best setlist I've seen in 2011, definitely Top 3

brutal_descent
07-18-2011, 11:36 PM

:lovedup:

orlandodavis
07-18-2011, 11:57 PM

Hey. a mouth is a mouth and a hole is a hole. Sorry couldn't resist. So not gay I swear.:D Again sorry.

NickLed19
07-19-2011, 02:20 AM
You mean the big hit song that they were gonna play anyways?

Searching With My Good Eye Closed, Room a Thousand Years Wide, Jesus Christ Pose, The Day I Tried to Live, Flower, 4th of July, Superunknown, Beyond the Wheel, Mailman, Like Suicide and Slaves & Bulldozers makes the setlist epic.

Seeing as this is the first time they have played it on the tour. Its my favorite Soundgarden song, I love alot of there stuff...but Pretty Noose is just my favorite. Way to be a smartass though.