PDA

View Full Version : After The Burial/Veil Of Maya/Misery Signal/Within The Ruins/Structures Tour

brutal_descent
07-17-2011, 01:47 PM
Source: Rock The Walls' Facebook

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojkedemn91qmn2euo1_400.png

treghet
07-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Why can't metalcore and deathcore bands just do normal sized tours like everybody else? Nine song headlining sets are fucking lame.

mankvill
07-17-2011, 01:53 PM
:barf:

mastodon421
07-17-2011, 02:00 PM
I actually might go to this:eyes:

larvtard
07-17-2011, 02:07 PM
I actually might go to this:eyes:

It's okay, we know you like these bands ;)

Oh, and on that subject, this kid who's going to UVM in the fall is in the band RomeoVsJuliet, who I saw you "liked." They suck :scared:

mastodon421
07-17-2011, 02:19 PM
It's okay, we know you like these bands ;)

Oh, and on that subject, this kid who's going to UVM in the fall is in the band RomeoVsJuliet, who I saw you "liked." They suck :scared:

I know, the singer is a kid went to high school with. He is a good dude so I liked the band on Facebook.

slapguitarer
07-17-2011, 02:38 PM
Misery Signals are decent. Over all, bad line-up.

brutal_descent
07-17-2011, 02:40 PM
I don't understand why core bands do this "let's put as many bands that are like us on this tour" thing. It's a lose-lose situation - the band gets a short set, and the real fans get less.

MPF
07-17-2011, 02:47 PM
I'd go to support After The Burial.

Nick_to_the_face
07-17-2011, 02:49 PM
I'd go to support After The Burial.

Hell yeah :fist:

MetalMarkLI
07-17-2011, 03:47 PM
After the Burial and Misery Signals are awesome. Theres a load of crap still on this tour but do yourself a favor and check out ATB and Misery Signals.

NecroRob
07-17-2011, 05:05 PM
I've never actually listened to After the Burial for some reason, maybe I should go give them a shot.

treghet
07-17-2011, 07:50 PM
I've never actually listened to After the Burial for some reason, maybe I should go give them a shot.

Don't listen to the new album. Rareform is worlds better.

MPF
07-17-2011, 10:01 PM
Don't listen to the new album. Rareform is worlds better.

No, both albums are pretty god damn badass.

Dissimulate
07-18-2011, 12:45 AM
Eh, I'm a bit of a fan of ATB, but not enough to put up with the shitty scene crowd that this would attract. Pass.

jd091
07-18-2011, 04:18 AM
OH FUCK YEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAH

OH GOD AFTER THE BURIAL AND VEIL OF MAYA AND MISERY SIGNALS SOMEONE KILL ME NOW HOW MUCH BETTER CAN THIS FALL GET FOR TOURING.

jd091
07-18-2011, 04:22 AM
No, both albums are pretty god damn badass.

False, Rareform is 100 million bajillion times better than In Dreams.

READ MAI REVIEW (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=15301)

Rareform is an album I think every metal fan should try listening to at least once. It's just so goddamn mothefucking good, I can't express it with human words. :drool::drool::drool:

jd091
07-18-2011, 04:34 AM
I don't understand why core bands do this "let's put as many bands that are like us on this tour" thing. It's a lose-lose situation - the band gets a short set, and the real fans get less.

I gotta agree, which sucks. After the Burial is one of my favorite bands, in case you dudes haven't noticed :dorky: and I would just love to see them put on a full, 90 minute set. Seriously, a tour with just them, VoM and Misery Signals would be perfect. They have plenty of songs to choose from, most of which are great. Unfortunately, we're probably gonna get half the set from In Dreams, which is their weakest album so far. I won't complain though, since this is their first headlining tour I think they've ever done!

Veil of Maya is awesome live, by the way. I saw them in a sold out crowd at the House of Blues in Chicago, and when they closed with It's Not Safe to Swim Today... holy shit, probably the biggest, craziest pit I've ever been in. There was absolutely no slam dancing when I saw them, and nobody was scene in the crowd. Just lots of moshbros! :cool:

Kind of funny that Misery signals is opening though, since without 7 Angels 7 Plagues, none of these bands would exist.

jd091
07-18-2011, 10:27 AM
Since I am now the official fanboy of this tour: quadruple post!

http://30.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lojkedemn91qmn2euo1_400.png

ATB and VoM are co-headlining. Hopefully this hits close to me, and hopefully it doesn't conflict with any already epic tours this fall...

MPF
07-18-2011, 10:41 AM
False, Rareform is 100 million bajillion times better than In Dreams.

Just because Rareform is better doesn't mean In Dreams isn't damn good. I love them both equally.

jd091
07-18-2011, 10:48 AM
Just because Rareform is better doesn't mean In Dreams isn't damn good. I love them both equally.

In Dreams was good, but it was a little too melodic and whiny for my tastes. I feel like they stripped the most brutal parts from Rareform, and tried to make it more accessible for the kiddie crowd.

Anyway, they better get back to opening with Pi on this tour! :bowdown:

MPF
07-18-2011, 10:51 AM
In Dreams was good, but I was a little too melodic and whiny for my tastes. I feel like they stripped the most brutal parts from Rareform, and tried to make it more accessible for the kiddie crowd.

Anyway, they better get back to opening with Pi on this tour! :bowdown:

Melodic? yes. Whiny? absolutely not!

I feel the opposite. I think they went proggier to get away from the Deathcore crowd. But alas, there are a couple bands that we don't agree with, so it's all good. :D

I would also hope to believe they play Pi, but that song can last an eternity live...

...THAT'S THE JOKE!

jd091
07-18-2011, 10:58 AM
I would also hope to believe they play Pi, but that song can last an eternity live...

...THAT'S THE JOKE!

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmu8hxDJnJ1qgx51m.png

treghet
07-18-2011, 02:50 PM
I won't complain though, since this is their first headlining tour I think they've ever done!

They did a headlining tour for Rareform, you just missed it. :tongue:

MPF
07-18-2011, 03:06 PM

Yes they did. I was there, it was awesome.

jd091
07-18-2011, 03:13 PM

When was it? It might have been before I was able/allowed to really go to concerts.

treghet
07-18-2011, 03:18 PM
When was it? It might have been before I was able/allowed to really go to concerts.

Winter 2009.

jd091
07-25-2011, 07:45 AM
There's a date up on Ticketmaster:

Pittsburgh, PA: Altar Bar, Wednesday, September 28

Please come to Chicago and please don't conflict with any other shows...

jd091
07-26-2011, 01:03 PM
Dates are set to be announced tomorrow at 1pm Eastern time. In case anybody cares but me.

(go to this tour you fools)

xStructualDefect
07-26-2011, 01:49 PM
Pretty sure they'll be an LA area date. @jd091 I care about this tour and will definitely be checking this out too I like ATB and VOM a good amount.

MPF
07-26-2011, 01:56 PM
I will be so confused if this doesn't hit Minnesota.

mastodon421
07-26-2011, 02:29 PM
Dates are set to be announced tomorrow at 1pm Eastern time. In case anybody cares but me.

(go to this tour you fools)

I am intrigued if it hits up the MA area. The tickets should be cheap and I do like most of the bands involved.

jd091
07-26-2011, 04:48 PM
Pretty sure they'll be an LA area date. @jd091 I care about this tour and will definitely be checking this out too I like ATB and VOM a good amount.

STRUCTURAL DEFEAT! YOU'RE ALIVE!

jd091
07-28-2011, 07:33 AM
First round of Tour dates. They said more are to be announced, which they better, since I don't see a Chicago date anywhere, let alone Illinois:

09/21 Grand Rapids, MI – The Intersection
09/28 Pittsburgh, PA – The Altar Bar
10/03 Atlanta, GA – Masquerade
10/06 Houston, TX – Warehouse Live
10/07 Dallas, TX – Trees
10/08 San Antonio, TX – White Rabbit
10/09 Corpus Christi, TX – House of Rock
10/10 Lubbock, TX – Jakes
10/11 Albuquerque, NM – Launch Pad
10/17 Sacramento, CA – Ace of Spades
10/18 Portland, OR – Hawthorne Theater
10/19 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
10/22 Edmonton, AB – Avenue
10/23 Calgary, AB – Republik
10/24 Billings, MT – Manny’s

They have sets of VIp packages, too:
$25 = poster and early entry
$35 = Poster, early entry, and meet & greet with bands
$50 = Poster, early entry, meet and greet, admission for soundcheck, side stage access during performance, 30 minute Q & A with bands.

If there is a Chicago date, I'm picking up the $50 package without question! :party:

MPF
08-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Even though I love the band. this is the best description of After The Burial I have ever read

Taken from my friend's facebook:

they've completely abandoned their polyrhythmic roots and elected to do what every other metalcore band does...breakdowns with "look at my dick" guitar parts coupled with indistinguishable growl vocals

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-03-2011, 06:13 PM
10/08 San Antonio, TX White Rabbit
]

They have sets of VIp packages, too:

$50 = Poster, early entry, meet and greet, admission for soundcheck, side stage access during performance, 30 minute Q & A with bands.

Awwwwwwww yeah going to be awesome. $50 for that VIP isn't bad at all. Usually bands charge more for that and you don't even get a Q&A, side stage access during the show and more. Awesome :party::party::rocker::rocker:

jd091
08-03-2011, 06:49 PM
I'm so unbelievably pissed with this tour that I'm not going to post the rest of the dates.

It IS coming to Chicago, at the Bottom Lounge. Literally the most perfect venue ever for this type of show. It's pretty close to me, and has the best atmosphere. Finally, ATB and VoM aren't coming to little out of the way suburbs that I need a car to get to, since I don't have a car living in the city. And finally, for the first time in years, ATB is headlining a tour of their own. When will they do this again? Probably not for another solid 2-3 years, 'cause they'll just keep doing support slots. Same with VoM; I can't remember the last time they headlined at all. VIP tickets are cheap; I was gonna get there early, spend time talking to the bands, get to sit in on an hour long Q & A session with them, see the soundcheck, hang out on side stage for the show, and basically get to see 3 of my favorite bands in an intimate, perfect setting.

But no, nothing is perfect. There is literally 1 day in my entire fall that I couldn't give up to see this, only 1 concert it couldn't conflict with: Opeth. And guess what? It's the same motherfucking night as Opeth. I think I would skip any other band to see this concert, but Opeth... I can't. Not ever. WHY? Why does God hate me so much? Literally any other day this entire year, I would have been fine with. I would give up probably every other concert other than Opeth this fall for me to get that kind of opportunity to hang with and experience these bands in that type of setting.

So, to whomever was the fucktard who booked this tour, you deserve to be drawn and quartered. I hate you. I hate you with a passion. And there aren't too many people I feel that way about. :bigfinger

llama lom
08-03-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't think I've ever seen you rant so hard before.

jd091
08-03-2011, 06:59 PM
I don't think I've ever seen you rant so hard before.

Because I have been waiting patiently for 3 years now to see After the Burial, especially a headlining tour. And for reasons beyond my control, even though they tour all the time, I never get to catch them. Now, I have a chance to fucking meet them, hang out, get to live my dream with one of my favorite new bands.

But Opeth... I haven't seen Opeth live before, either. And it's Opeth. My favorite band of all time. I'm probably gonna get an Opeth-related tattoo in the next year, since they've changed my life so much and mean that much to me. I am so pissed, but I don't know at who. It's just another shitty situation beyond my control.

larvtard
08-03-2011, 07:37 PM
I'm so unbelievably pissed with this tour that I'm not going to post the rest of the dates.

It IS coming to Chicago, at the Bottom Lounge. Literally the most perfect venue ever for this type of show. It's pretty close to me, and has the best atmosphere. Finally, ATB and VoM aren't coming to little out of the way suburbs that I need a car to get to, since I don't have a car living in the city. And finally, for the first time in years, ATB is headlining a tour of their own. When will they do this again? Probably not for another solid 2-3 years, 'cause they'll just keep doing support slots. Same with VoM; I can't remember the last time they headlined at all. VIP tickets are cheap; I was gonna get there early, spend time talking to the bands, get to sit in on an hour long Q & A session with them, see the soundcheck, hang out on side stage for the show, and basically get to see 3 of my favorite bands in an intimate, perfect setting.

But no, nothing is perfect. There is literally 1 day in my entire fall that I couldn't give up to see this, only 1 concert it couldn't conflict with: Opeth. And guess what? It's the same motherfucking night as Opeth. I think I would skip any other band to see this concert, but Opeth... I can't. Not ever. WHY? Why does God hate me so much? Literally any other day this entire year, I would have been fine with. I would give up probably every other concert other than Opeth this fall for me to get that kind of opportunity to hang with and experience these bands in that type of setting.

So, to whomever was the fucktard who booked this tour, you deserve to be drawn and quartered. I hate you. I hate you with a passion. And there aren't too many people I feel that way about. :bigfinger

Do you realize how fucking spoiled you sound? Like, seriously man?

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-03-2011, 07:54 PM
Do you realize how fucking spoiled you sound? Like, seriously man?

He sounds spoiled because he's pissed at how 2 of his favorite bands are on the same night and he has to choose one or the other knowing that either may not happen for a fucking long time? lol ok. :tp:

jd091
08-03-2011, 08:06 PM
He sounds spoiled because he's pissed at how 2 of his favorite bands are on the same night and he has to choose one or the other knowing that either may not happen for a fucking long time? lol ok. :tp:

Exactly. Spread those shows out, man. :tp:

larvtard
08-03-2011, 08:09 PM

He goes to school in Chicago, so he's seeing like 5+ shows in October alone. JD, I'm sorry for your situation man, I really am, but all this "Why does God hate me???" shit is unnecessary. Most of us aren't lucky enough to see that many shows, just be thankful for what you have. Hell, if you care so much, see them in another city.

jd091
08-03-2011, 08:16 PM
He goes to school in Chicago, so he's seeing like 5+ shows in October alone. JD, I'm sorry for your situation man, I really am, but all this "Why does God hate me???" shit is unnecessary. Most of us aren't lucky enough to see that many shows, just be thankful for what you have. Hell, if you care so much, see them in another city.

>don't have a car in the city, bro

:lol: And yes, I see shows all the time in the city. I just find it funny with all that "God hates me" jazz because these were the 2 concerts I was looking forward to the most this fall out of all the shows I'll see, and they just happen to be on the same day.

And hey, if you wanted to go to shows every other week, you had your chance to get a school in Chicago... :tp:

larvtard
08-03-2011, 08:20 PM
>don't have a car in the city, bro

:lol: And yes, I see shows all the time in the city. I just find it funny with all that "God hates me" jazz because these were the 2 concerts I was looking forward to the most this fall out of all the shows I'll see, and they just happen to be on the same day.

And hey, if you wanted to go to shows every other week, you had your chance to get a school in Chicago... :tp:

I know. I didn't get into Northwestern (not that I expected to). And I don't like the other schools in Chicago anyway. DePaul = too big, and a Catholic school, UChicago = way too hard to get in (wouldn't want to go there anyway), Columbia College = art school, UIllinois = dumb school.

masterguy49
08-03-2011, 08:21 PM
He goes to school in Chicago, so he's seeing like 5+ shows in October alone. JD, I'm sorry for your situation man, I really am, but all this "Why does God hate me???" shit is unnecessary. Masterguy isn't lucky enough to see that many shows, just be thankful for what you have. Hell, if you care so much, see them in another city.
Agreed

jd091
08-03-2011, 08:27 PM
YOU'LL NEVER UNDERSTAND MY PAIN ;_;

treghet
08-03-2011, 08:28 PM

It's ok. :hug:

masterguy49
08-03-2011, 08:38 PM
It's ok. :hug:

Nice JD you got sympathy from the dude from L.A., another city that gets no shows :lol:

Natrlhi
08-03-2011, 08:47 PM
I'm sorry, was somebody around here under the absolutely ludicrous impression that tour organizers checked every single date on every single tour that they booked to see if there was a remote possibility that another similar-sounding act was scheduled in or around the same city on the same night?

Really?

C'mon, people. Seriously.

larvtard
08-03-2011, 08:55 PM
I'm sorry, was somebody around here under the absolutely ludicrous impression that tour organizers checked every single date on every single tour that they booked to see if there was a remote possibility that another similar-sounding act was scheduled in or around the same city on the same night?

Really?

Ummm, I'm sure tour organizers/promoters do that. I'd be extremely surprised if they didn't :confused:

But ATB and Opeth don't sound alike, and I'm sure they don't share much of a fanbase, either ;)

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-03-2011, 09:00 PM

Really?

Actually they do that when booking shows. It's common knowledge derp :rocker:

makethemsuffer12
08-03-2011, 09:08 PM

Honestly, if this show really means that much to you, I'd say skip Opeth this time around. They'll be back. They toured a bunch for Watershed and I'm sure they'll do the same for this album.

masterguy49
08-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Honestly, if this show really means that much to you, I'd say skip Opeth this time around. They'll be back. They toured a bunch for Watershed and I'm sure they'll do the same for this album.

+He lives in Chicago, making it more likely for them to come back, unlike say me living in Florida.

Sinister_Chalupa666
08-03-2011, 09:26 PM
Damn that sucks for you. FL is a awesome place for a vacation, but a shitty as place to live.

jd091
08-04-2011, 04:26 AM

Can't do. Nope. Opeth will always mean more to me. Just the way it is.

And I'm getting over it more now that I've slept on it. True, I'm probably the only person that is affected by this decision. And honestly, how much more will Opeth tour in the future? They're getting old. Mikael is sick of death metal. These other bands will come around in the future.

If I skipped this tour to see Opeth, I'd wake up the next day feeling great that I saw Opeth, and a little sad that I missed ATB. But if I skipped Opeth to see this tour, I'd wake up the next morning never being able to forgive myself for missing my favorite band.

makethemsuffer12
08-04-2011, 07:12 AM
And I'm getting over it more now that I've slept on it. True, I'm probably the only person that is affected by this decision. And honestly, how much more will Opeth tour in the future? They're getting old. Mikael is sick of death metal. These other bands will come around in the future.

:lol:
Akerfeldt's only 37. Not that old, dude.

treghet
08-04-2011, 02:06 PM
:lol:
Akerfeldt's only 37. Not that old, dude.

Yeah, that's what I was going to say. Opeth has plenty of time left, especially now that they're dropping the death metal vocals.

But anyway, you're making the right decision on going to Opeth. They are great live and I'm sure you will enjoy every moment of it, versus being disappointed in After the Burial's inevitably short set and Veil of Maya playing the same songs they've been playing for the past couple years.

mankvill
08-11-2011, 08:40 PM
dunno if they've been posted, but here you fags go:

Sep 21 Grand Rapids, MI @ The Intersection
Sep 22 London, ON @ London Music Hall
Sep 23 Windsor, ON @ Blind Dog
Sep 24 Toronto, ON @ Mod Club
Sep 25 Montreal, QC @ La Tulipe
Sep 26 Pawtucket, RI @ The Met
Sep 27 Albany, NY @ Northern Lights
Sep 28 Pittsburgh, PA @ The Altar Bar
Sep 29 Allentown, PA @ Crocodile Rock
Sep 30 New York City, NY @ Gramercy
Oct 01 Springfield, VA @ Jaxx
Oct 03 Atlanta, GA @ Masquerade
Oct 06 Houston, TX @ Warehouse Live
Oct 07 Dallas, TX @ Trees
Oct 08 San Antonio, TX @ White Rabbit
Oct 09 Corpus Christi, TX @ House of Rock
Oct 10 Lubbock, TX @ Jakes
Oct 11 Albuquerque, NM @ Launch Pad
Oct 17 Sacramento, CA @ Ace of Spades
Oct 18 Portland, OR @ Hawthorne Theater
Oct 19 Seattle, WA @ Studio Seven
Oct 21 Prince George, BC @ The Generator
Oct 22 Edmonton, AB @ Avenue
Oct 23 Calgary, AB @ Republik
Oct 24 Billings, MT @ Manny's
Oct 26 Omaha, NE @ Sokol Underground
Oct 27 Iowa City, IA @ Blue Moose
Oct 28 Chicago, IL @ Bottom Lounge
Oct 30 Minneapolis, MN @ First Ave

jd091
08-11-2011, 08:43 PM
Thanks for reminding me that I won't be seeing this. :bouville:

Def not fag bands either. Except for Within the Ruins possibly.

mankvill
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Def not fag bands either. Except for Within the Ruins possibly.

>this is what jd, someone who actually likes Emmure, Suicide Silence and Winds of Plague, actually thinks.

jd091
08-11-2011, 09:17 PM
>this is what jd, someone who actually likes Emmure, Suicide Silence and Winds of Plague, actually thinks.

srs argument time though:

I think it's fair to separate a band's music from their image, which results in said "fagdom". After the Burial and Veil of Maya kind of look like either metalheads or normal dudes, so they're definitely not in the realm of fagdom. Gauges in the guys in Within the Ruins makes them fair candidates for fagdom. With Winds of Plague and Emmure, I find their image to be more like "fake-alpha/douche hardcore bros", which is mutually exclusive from fagdom. It's fair to call Mitch from Suicide Silence a member of fagdom, but the others are definitely death metal-wannabes.

Bands like Bring Me the Horizon, Devil Wears Prada and Asking Alexandria all fit the description for fagdom sufficiently. I would actually argue that August Burns Red is the most faggable image of any band, since their entire outfits are almost solely taken straight off the mannequins at the Gap, which is the shit real homosexuals actually wear.