PDA

View Full Version : Origin -- Atlanta, GA -- July 15th, 2011

larvtard
07-16-2011, 08:14 AM

jd091
07-16-2011, 08:42 AM
Yeah, I guarantee they played Saligia and Antithesis. Those are my 2 favorite songs by them, too! Listen to them MORE! :nag:

And YAY, Ben popped his stagediving cherry! :lovedup: It gets easier every time you do it. I almost hurt myself really bad the first time I did it for Magrudergrind since I took someone out and almost landed on my head. After watching Terror live, where there were people stagediving every other second in a crowd that was only 2 rows deep, there's a very specific technique in order to land on your feet. Watch videos of hardcore bands live; you'll catch on.

That's actually why I enjoyed Dillinger Escape Plan so goddamn much: There were a TON of people packing the Bottom Lounge, and although me and everyone else were stagediving every other second, there was a large sea of people to land on and surf on. So you could do crazier stuff and not worry about landing on your head- frontflips, jumping off high objects, running out into the crowd... it was insane.

coltongsmith
07-16-2011, 08:56 AM
i have the entire VR and abysmal dawn setlists posted on setlist.fm

jd091
07-16-2011, 11:43 AM
Yeah man, I REALLY wanted to run off the speaker and leap from the barrier, but there weren't enough people there so that would've been a bit dangerous :lol: I should've done it at Every Time I Die when I saw them in Hell, there were so many more stage-divers and the place was packed to the rims.

I would kill to see ETID live in a small club! Perfect stagedive band.

Ape
07-16-2011, 11:44 AM
Sounds like you had a great time. I'm jealous i recently got into origin and would really like to see them. Also i lol at people that have parents that want them home at certain times. My parents only rule was call me when you get there and let me know when you get home. They also usually asked about what time I would be home I usually told them 1. There was a few times where I satayed and met bands but I would call and tell them what I was doing and everything was cool. I love my parents lol. Luckily at 24 I don't have to do that, oo wait I'm married I have to do that again : |

AnataFan4Life
07-16-2011, 11:59 AM
Couldn't make it to this show due to my brother being a dick. Oh well, my date didn't get Hate Eternal and I caught Origin and Vital Remains at Summer Slaughter 2009 and 2010 respectively. This show did sound like a lot of fun though.

jd091
07-16-2011, 12:05 PM
Couldn't make it to this show due to my brother being a dick. Oh well, my date didn't get Hate Eternal and I caught Origin and Vital Remains at Summer Slaughter 2009 and 2010 respectively. This show did sound like a lot of fun though.

I was talking to Natrlhi at the Cleveland date, and apparently Origin is a completely different beast with Jason Keyser now singing. He makes the live show twice as crazy as it used to be.

NecroRob
07-16-2011, 01:35 PM
My mom still doesn't let me go to shows if she knows I'm going by myself. She thinks I'm gonna get mugged or something...I understand her concern (and it does have some merit) but for fuck sakes I'm 20, and I think she forgets that sometimes. Oh well, I've gotten good at telling her that I'm going to do something else while actually going to a show if I have nobody to go with :eyes:

So yeah, I kinda feel your pain :fist:

brutal_descent
07-16-2011, 02:09 PM
Well, I'm only 15, and my parents (more like my mom though) let me go to whatever. The only concerns my mom has is that I'll get hurt (if it's a hardcore show) or I'll come home way too late. Way too late for her is 12:30, and I've only come home past that twice. She doesn't get pissed, just naggy. :tongue: I've only got hurt twice too, though I did sort of test her when I fractured my upper arm at BDM :eek:

jd091
07-16-2011, 02:38 PM
Yeah, my mom was super protective until I was 18. And I mean, she would make me delete and get rid of my metal music whenever she found it when I was in middle school and early high school. It really sucked. After I turned 18, she at least had the sense to realize I was old enough to take care of myself.

Even now, when I'm at home, she likes it when I text her when the show is over. As long as I get up for work on time the next morning, and don't sleep during the day and get fired, I'm good. ;)

I honestly don't know how I would act if I'm gonna be a parent like that someday. I'd probably want my kids to just call me when they're done and let me know when they get home. And if my kid wants to go to Terror, Hatebreed or Bonded by Blood before they're 18, its a no ;)

jd091
07-16-2011, 03:20 PM
Hypocrite ;)

As for your mom deleting your metal music, didn't you say your parents are ultra-Christian?

Yeah! They think it's all devil music and growling = what Satan sounds like. They were very reluctantly let me listen to Metallica in middle school, but growing up, I had to hide all my Slipknot and Trivium and Lamb of God. It's like they thought that I would stop liking this scary music if they took it away from me, but it had the completely opposite affect. I actually think that if I raise kids someday and show them metal at a young age and blast it all the time, they'll probably rebel away from me and listen to country or some shit. :lol: Then I just reached a point where they were like, "just don't blast that music around us and please don't wear those shirts when we go somewhere as a family, but it's your life", which I can understand.

You can take the kid out of metal, but you can never take the metal out of a kid :fist:

idrinkwine732
07-16-2011, 03:28 PM
I've thought for a long time about the kind of parent that I'm going to be. However, I'll be going to these shows till I die, so it's a matter of whether they want to go with me or if I'm going alone ;)

jd091
07-16-2011, 03:56 PM
I've thought for a long time about the kind of parent that I'm going to be. However, I'll be going to these shows till I die, so it's a matter of whether they want to go with me or if I'm going alone ;)

I'm sure that by the time I actually have kids, I'll be one of those old dudes near the back nursing a beer the whole time, so I'll definitely bring along the young 'uns if they want. Unless Terror is still kicking when I'm old and decrepit; I'll still dive for them ;)

christopher
07-16-2011, 04:06 PM

I have a feeling I'll be the type of parent who will drag my kid to shows when they are old enough to drive so I can get wasted more often haha

larvtard
07-16-2011, 04:34 PM
I have a feeling I'll be the type of parent who will drag my kid to shows when they are old enough to drive so I can get wasted more often haha

:lol:

llama lom
07-16-2011, 05:19 PM
Yeah I'm 18 and my parents are still overprotective. They wanted me home around midnight so I had to miss Hate Eternal the other night. They were also reluctant to let me go by myself, but that was kind of understandable considering I was driving (which they hardly let me do) and the venue was like an hour away. Still, I had to lie to them when I was in Chicago saying that my friends were going with me to shows. Actually, come to think of it, it's mostly my mom, my dad could probably care less along as I'm responsible. I tend to avoid the over-the-top crazy pits so I'm being somewhat responsible.

When I'm a parent I'm probably going to be a lot more lenient than my parents are right now. As long as I know what they're doing and where, I'll probably let them do it. And if they're into metal it'll be a definite plus. :fist:

llama lom
07-17-2011, 08:18 AM
Midnight? And you're in college! :eek:

Exactly. When I was leaving to go to the show my mom was crying because I had to argue with her so much to let me go. I swear my mom is ridiculous.

jd091
07-17-2011, 08:55 AM
Exactly. When I was leaving to go to the show my mom was crying because I had to argue with her so much to let me go. I swear my mom is ridiculous.

Sucks man! That's just lose-lose situation. We here for ya :hug:

llama lom
07-17-2011, 10:04 AM
Yeah man, that's why I go crazy at college (not really)!

GameFreac
07-18-2011, 11:14 PM
I'm 21 now and can go to any show I want and come back as late as I want alone or not, but my mom used to not like it if I was alone or a venue I'd never been to before or it was a school night and I was usually a little bitch and did what she said about other things, but I stood up to her for concerts.

I used to ask but then one day I just explained to her how important music was to me and how fun concerts were to me (my favorite thing in the world pretty much) and said I was gonna find a way to get to any show I wanted to go to, even if they said no, no matter the consequences. I think she understood after that.

From then on, I just told her I was going to shows...I didn't ask.

I know this seems stupid and some people will look at a lot of us posting here as weak but I basically did what she said because she was funding most of my college so I'd rather go and listen to her, while having to take shit when I was 18 about other things.

So I can relate too. Just explain to them how important shows are to you and that might work. Or just go and if you get grounded or whatever, it will probably be worth it anyways.

Natrlhi
07-19-2011, 10:56 AM
I was talking to Natrlhi at the Cleveland date, and apparently Origin is a completely different beast with Jason Keyser now singing. He makes the live show twice as crazy as it used to be.Yup, I did say that. It's not as if they sucked with James Lee, because that's far from being true, but they are even better now. Many folks feared that replacing Lee would be a difficult task - and to some extent, maybe it was - but they found an even better frontman in Jason Keyser than they had before, in my opinion.

They were already crazy good live - now they're just fucking unbelievable. Also, the addition of Keyser seems to have loosened up the other guys as well. It's not like they were stiffs or anything before, but they did seem to take their whole image rather seriously and were really focused on keeping their playing as tight as possible and didn't really interact with the crowd that much. Now that the crowd has come to them (literally, onstage!) because of Keyser - all of the band members seem to enjoy themselves that much more and really pour themselves into what they do.

I just love it when I get the feeling from a band that they are genuinely loving every minute of what they're doing on stage - it's absolutely infectious, and it makes the experience so much more awesome. That's what Origin has now that they didn't have before, and so they've gone from awesome to phenomenal as a result. Just read the reviews of this tour so far and let the words of the fans speak for themselves.

I still say this was the best individual performance by a band so far this year for me. :rocker:

llama lom
07-19-2011, 11:00 AM
I know this seems stupid and some people will look at a lot of us posting here as weak but I basically did what she said because she was funding most of my college so I'd rather go and listen to her, while having to take shit when I was 18 about other things.

So I can relate too. Just explain to them how important shows are to you and that might work. Or just go and if you get grounded or whatever, it will probably be worth it anyways.

Same here. I just feel bad since my school is like, one of the most expensive in the country so I'm trying not to put more stress on her.

Yeah I'll try that next time, although there's only one more show coming through.

smearCampaign
07-19-2011, 01:15 PM
I've tried explaining that, no dice. And I am grounded from going to anymore concerts this year because I stayed late for Origin, but it was worth it! That doesn't mean I'm not gonna try, though.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/8e/Parents_Just_Dont_Understand.jpg