17. Hit the Lights
18. Seek & Destroy

Back to the standard DM tour setlist.... mmm

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 08:08 PM
Coheed and Cambria and Protest The Hero opened up this show :drool:

The_jman
07-14-2011, 08:10 PM
even if it went back to standard its still a pretty good set.

hellawaits77ny
07-14-2011, 08:33 PM
even if it went back to standard its still a pretty good set.

Damn right. I'm a big fan of Cyanide

bobbie solo
07-14-2011, 08:40 PM
Why do you like cyanide? I could never get into it....drolly my least favorite song from that album. The way he sings it....oof.

hellawaits77ny
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
Why do you like cyanide?

Because my ears like it. Der

jd091
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM

Interesting choice. Still thought my experience of Lamb of God an fucking GOJIRA was a little better ;) Heaviest live band ever, and if you disagree, then you haven't seen them.

And yeah, that set is a little disappointing. Seriously, someone needs to go back in time and erase Fuel from ever being written. Can't stand that.

Travis The Dragon
07-14-2011, 08:49 PM
I just don't get how people can put down Hawthorne Heights and say they actually like this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oFObU6-qN_k).

Now, this (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n0H3RlaQVrM) song is fucking awesome! It doesn't even sound like the same band!

Shadowswillfall414
07-14-2011, 09:37 PM
I think it would be cool if they started with damage Inc

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 10:00 PM
Interesting choice. Still thought my experience of Lamb of God an fucking GOJIRA was a little better ;) Heaviest live band ever, and if you disagree, then you haven't seen them.

And yeah, that set is a little disappointing. Seriously, someone needs to go back in time and erase Fuel from ever being written. Can't stand that.

Gojira was the first band I ever saw live :drool:

Sepultura69
07-14-2011, 11:07 PM
I think it would be cool if they started with damage Inc

fucking THIS :rocker: :rocker:

Dissimulate
07-15-2011, 05:16 AM
Creeping Death really should be the closer for the show, but it's also great as an opener and is much better then the DM stuff they were using. I like that they have such great variety in their sets, but for the next big touring cycle they need to change up the basic structure (Enter Sandman is (regrettably) inevitably staying somewhere, NEM should go DIAF, Seek and Destroy would be good if they could successfully not butcher it and even better had it not been played 8 million times.) If anything, the encore being so predictable is the worst part. The encore is when they should be shocking everybody by pulling out really deep songs and ending it with a big epic. Have they changed the structure of their shows much between touring cycles?

Maidenmagic
07-15-2011, 05:39 AM
I've been reading things at how this Show/Festival is supposed to make a lot of money for Halifax and how many familes were buying Metallica shirts at local stores way before the concert. Since this wasn't a bunch of thrash metal fans (Like the Big 4 crowd) and more of a mainstream crowd, they decided to reign it in a little bit a play more recognizable, commerical material. That's just my theory.

Sanitarium78
07-15-2011, 06:33 AM
I've been reading things at how this Show/Festival is supposed to make a lot of money for Halifax and how many familes were buying Metallica shirts at local stores way before the concert. Since this wasn't a bunch of thrash metal fans (Like the Big 4 crowd) and more of a mainstream crowd, they decided to reign it in a little bit a play more recognizable, commerical material. That's just my theory.

That could be, but this is also their standard North American set format for the current tour cycle. The only two additions that are different from the recent European shows are Fuel and NEM. So, it's not like they played every big hit they've got and completely altered it to be more mainstream.

The only real down spot for me in here is NEM. But at least they didn't drop FTB to put it back in.

HandOfDoom
07-15-2011, 06:56 AM
Four of the first five songs are from RTL, that's pretty sweet!

scotianbill
07-18-2011, 05:17 AM
I was at this show.
This was the first time Metallica have played in Halifax in 18 years..so the "standard" setlist was cool with everyone.
Hell...they could have played "row row row your boat" and the crowd would have gone total ape shit.

It was a long day..pouring rain all afternoon..and it was a cold rain. It honestly felt like snow!

Opeing acts were:

1. Death Valley Driver (local contest winner)
2. Matt Mays
3. Protest The Hero
4. Seether
5. Coheed and Cambria
6. Metallica

It rained for all the acts except Metallica and the first 2 opening acts.
This was a mid-sized show with only 30k tickets available.

ravenheart
07-18-2011, 05:30 AM
Because my ears like it. Der

Actually it's your brain that likes it. Just sayin'...