PDA

View Full Version : Twitter

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 05:42 PM
Who else is on there? I follow the very few of you guys who I know are (Derelict, ps_85, CoS) but I'd love to follow more, and of course, I'd love for you all to follow me. ;)

I'm @bradsand250.

ChildrenofSodom
07-14-2011, 05:44 PM
Whore. ;)

MPF
07-14-2011, 05:45 PM
I'm going to be that guy and say that I don't want to ever sign up for Twitter, until Facebook is gone, and Google+ fails like all the other Google networks.

In the words of Steven Colbert before he joined Twitter. "I have yet to Twat."

But if anyone wants to add me on Facebook. I have my details on that thread.

powerslave_85
07-14-2011, 05:47 PM
Funny thing is, Twitter's almost replaced Facebook for me, in terms of actually interacting with people. I still use FB to see what my friends are up to, look at pictures, and post cool/funny links, but almost never do status updates anymore because that's basically all Twitter is.

I also like the access you get to celebrities/musicians/comedians, and the fact that it's hands down the fastest source of info on the web. Name a major news event of the past two years and I almost certainly heard about it on Twitter first.

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm going to be that guy and say that I don't want to ever sign up for Twitter, until Facebook is gone, and Google+ fails like all the other Google networks.

In the words of Steven Colbert before he joined Twitter. "I have yet to Twat."

But if anyone wants to add me on Facebook. I have my details on that thread.

Depends on what you're using it for. Twitter is a far more important tool for me as a journalist than Facebook, and Facebook is a way better social tool than Twitter. Right now I'm the guy saying he won't get a Google+ until there's someone, friend or source or fellow writer or editor, who isn't reachable on either Facebook OR Twitter, and that day will likely never come.

MPF
07-14-2011, 05:51 PM
Depends on what you're using it for. Twitter is a far more important tool for me as a journalist than Facebook, and Facebook is a way better social tool than Twitter. Right now I'm the guy saying he won't get a Google+ until there's someone, friend or source or fellow writer or editor, who isn't reachable on either Facebook OR Twitter, and that day will likely never come.

Really I use it for showing my friends on there new music in my statuses and the FB chat. None of my friends have Twitter, or at least use it enough to where I'd never be able to get a hold of them otherwise.

Same here, I don't even want to get started with Google+, Facebook is plenty for me.

powerslave_85
07-14-2011, 05:52 PM
I got on Google+ so I could feel superior to everyone else :ass:

ShatteredFlame
07-14-2011, 05:53 PM
@Departer685

I only have one friend who uses it so my social experience on it isn't great :eyes:, I mainly just want instant news brought to me on my phone.

bt11763
07-14-2011, 06:15 PM
Funny thing is, Twitter's almost replaced Facebook for me, in terms of actually interacting with people. I still use FB to see what my friends are up to, look at pictures, and post cool/funny links, but almost never do status updates anymore because that's basically all Twitter is.

I also like the access you get to celebrities/musicians/comedians, and the fact that it's hands down the fastest source of info on the web. Name a major news event of the past two years and I almost certainly heard about it on Twitter first.

all of this

@TimBobbys

SirLardsAlot
07-14-2011, 06:27 PM
I'll follow ya, Bradski.

jd091
07-14-2011, 06:50 PM
@jd_stark

Cool, Brad seems so wise. Even more than Chris, I'd wager. I hope to be enlightened by his tweets :bowdown:

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 07:00 PM
@jd_stark

Cool, Brad seems so wise. Even more than Chris, I'd wager. I hope to be enlightened by his tweets :bowdown:

Awwww, I hope you're ready to be disappointed! ;)

powerslave_85
07-14-2011, 07:06 PM
I hope to be enlightened by his tweets :bowdown:You should probably lower your expectations.

;)

jd091
07-14-2011, 07:09 PM
But he's so knowledgable of the alien world of hipsterdom! Who knows what Black Metal bands I could discover by divulging into his tweets?

DethMaiden
07-14-2011, 07:10 PM
But he's so knowledgable of the alien world of hipsterdom! Who knows what Black Metal bands I could discover by divulging into his tweets?

IT WAS FUNNY UNTIL YOU SAID THAT, FUCKHEAD.

:tongue:

moobys37
07-14-2011, 08:26 PM
I'm incredibly original, @moobys_37.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
07-14-2011, 08:31 PM
I follow others but almost never tweet.

Great source for news on the stuff I'm interested in.

RAZOR
07-14-2011, 08:47 PM
@YRTA

I just use mine to say things that would otherwise clog up my Facebook newsfeed. :lol:

moobys37
07-14-2011, 08:50 PM
@YRTA

I just use mine to say things that would otherwise clog up my Facebook newsfeed. :lol:

And get retweeted by David Gold.

RAZOR
07-14-2011, 08:53 PM
And get retweeted by David Gold.

:party::party:

Butcher of Birth
07-19-2011, 10:13 PM
@LoganTMiller

Butcher of Birth
07-19-2011, 10:14 PM
I got on Google+ so I could feel superior to everyone else :ass:

Samesies ;)