PDA

View Full Version : Mayhem Festival -- Auburn, WA -- July 13th, 2011

slipknot4ever24
07-14-2011, 01:53 PM
First off, before I give you the setlists, Mayhem 2011 was pretty great. In my opinion the lineup this year wasnt as great as the past years but the live show and experience changed my mind. Almost every band I saw was great!

Jager Band:
Set missing

Straight Line Stitch- SLS was not very good I thought. All i have to say. 4/10
(Not in order)
What you do to me
Conversion
Never See the Day
Remission
Taste of Ashes
One Reason

Red Fang:
Set missing

All Shall Perish- Awesome!! They got me pumped!! 8/10
Wage Slaves
Gagged, Bound, Shelved, and Forgotten
There is no business to be done on a dead planet
Procession of Ashes
In this Life of Pain
There is nothing left
Eradication

Kingdom of Sorrow- I wasnt expecting much but they killed it!! 8/10
(Incomplete)
Behind the Blackets Tears
Lead Ghosts Astray
Led into Demise
Enlightened to Extinction

Suicide Silence- Fuckin the shit!!! Best on the side stage!! 10/10
Wake up
Unanswered
You only live once
Fuck Everything :rocker:
Disengage
Slaves to Substance
No Pity for A Coward

Unearth- We watched them from afar as we were waiting in line to meet Suicide Silence 7/10
Watch it Burn
Sancticity of Brothers
My will be done
The great dividers
Endless
Shadows in the Light
This lying world

In Flames- We watched them from afar as well 7/10
Cloud Connected
Alias
Pinball Map
Deliver us
The Hive
Where the Dead ship dwells
The Quiet Place
Take this life

Trivium- If you watch the recap of Mayhem on this day at the mayhem website my friend and I are interviewed just before Trivium goes on!:D They were great! 9/10
In Waves :tongue:
Gunshot to the Head of trepiditation
Inception of the End
Down from the sky
Throes of Perdition
Dusk Dismantled
Pull harder on the strings of your martyr :party:

MACHINE HEAD!!!!!:D Enough said. 10/10
Imperium
Locust :rocker:
Aesthetics of Hate
Halo

MEGADETH!!!!!!!!!!! Once again, enough said. 10/10
Trust
Hangar 18
Wake up Dead
She-wolf
Headcrusher
Public Enemy # 1
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells :party:
Holy Wars

Godsmack- Right when they started this fuckin security guard kicked the shit out of this drunk guy!!! Godsmack was great. 9/10
Cryin Like A bitch
Enemy
Forever Ashamed
Straight out of line
Awake :finger2:
Speak
Love Hate Sex Pain
Drum Solo
Voodoo
Whatever
I Stand Alone

Disturbed- Saw them at Mayhem 08 so i was expecting it to be good and it was amazing!!! 10/10
Remnants
Asylum
The Game
Prayer
Liberate
The Animal
Inside the Fire
Warrior
Another Way to Die
Fear
Stupify
10,000 Fists
Indestructible
Down with the Sickness

Overall, Mayhem 2011 was amazing. It wasnt the greatest lineup when i first saw it but then after seeing it live. Its definitley up there. Cant wait for next year!!

Sanitarium78
07-14-2011, 02:27 PM
Why are giving the finger after Awake? Considering it's one of only two good Godsmack songs. Voodoo being the other.

I know their songs run long but Machine Head only playing four songs is lame. They should try and do something shorter like 'Bite The Bullet' or 'Struck A Nerve' that way they can play a few more.

OraclesofAgony
07-14-2011, 02:29 PM
Suicide Silence- Fuckin the shit!!! Best on the side stage!! 10/10

:barf:

BloodoftheKings
07-14-2011, 02:31 PM
Not sure if I like this poster judging by his username, his high opinion of Suicide Silence, and the fact that he didn't see Red Fang.

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 02:35 PM
Not sure if I like this poster judging by his username, his high opinion of Suicide Silence, and the fact that he didn't see Red Fang.

:barf:

This. After my Mayhem date, giving Godsmack and/or Disturbed any more than a 6/10 reeks of fanboy. :hecho:

CapnAwesome
07-14-2011, 02:44 PM
Honestly I don't like any of the bands on this bill, every band on it I used to like but then their recent releases made my opinions of them diminish (i.e. Trivium, In Flames, Unearth) But give the kid a break, he enjoyed the entire event, an experience most of us wish we could experience at a metal festival or any music festival for that matter. I'd love to spend $30-$40 and go to Mayhem completely satisfied, it would be a good day all around and not just paying a price to see a 30 minute set by one band.

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 02:48 PM
Honestly I don't like any of the bands on this bill, every band on it I used to like but then their recent releases made my opinions of them diminish (i.e. Trivium, In Flames, Unearth) But give the kid a break, he enjoyed the entire event, an experience most of us wish we could experience at a metal festival or any music festival for that matter. I'd love to spend $30-$40 and go to Mayhem completely satisfied, it would be a good day all around and not just paying a price to see a 30 minute set by one band.

I paid $26 and still had fun all day. I didn't let shitty bands like Straight Line Stitch, Suicide Silence, Godsmack, and Disturbed ruin my day :lol:

slapguitarer
07-14-2011, 02:50 PM
@ Disturbed, Godsmack, Trivium, and Suicide Silence
:lol:

@ no Red Fang
:nonono:

slapguitarer
07-14-2011, 02:51 PM
I paid $26 and still had fun all day. I didn't let shitty bands like Straight Line Stitch, Suicide Silence, Godsmack, and Disturbed ruin my day :lol:

Same here, and I paid $50.

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 02:53 PM

Save your ticket, by the way. I need to remember what row that was for next year :eyes:

bt11763
07-14-2011, 02:57 PM
Yeah, definitely not going to this, especially after seeing those lame sets.

slapguitarer
07-14-2011, 02:59 PM
Save your ticket, by the way. I need to remember what row that was for next year :eyes:

I save all my tickets. They're all on my wall. I even print out show flyers if I lose the tickets.

OraclesofAgony
07-14-2011, 02:59 PM

You don't have to like every band to be completely satisfied with a festival. I had an amazing time at Mayhem this year, and I was very glad there were bands on the bill that I didn't want to see so I could get some much needed rest.

the deathmetaler
07-14-2011, 03:16 PM
I thought that Machine Head have been playing Beautiful Mourning on this tour also?

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 03:18 PM
I thought that Machine Head have been playing Beautiful Mourning on this tour also?

Mhm, I think he left that out.

the deathmetaler
07-14-2011, 03:35 PM
Mhm, I think he left that out.

I hope so. Since my date for this tour is 7/22 and Machine Head will be playing the Extreme stage(or whatever it's called), does that mean that they'll play more than those five songs?

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 03:36 PM
I hope so. Since my date for this tour is 7/22 and Machine Head will be playing the Extreme stage(or whatever it's called), does that mean that they'll play more than those five songs?

Yeah.

the deathmetaler
07-14-2011, 03:41 PM
Yeah.

I really hope they will. Keep those five songs but add a few.

jd091
07-14-2011, 03:55 PM
Only 1 person on this forum is allowed to like Suicide Silence, and that is me! :hmm:

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 04:09 PM
Only 1 person on this forum is allowed to like Suicide Silence, and that is me! :hmm:

Okay, you guys can fight for it, I'll be the referee ;)

ps jd wins

jd091
07-14-2011, 04:28 PM
Seriously, though, my thoughts:

1. OP is obvious modern rock fanboy. That's alright, and I won't bash on your tastes, but because of it, your ratings are gonna conflict with 99% of everyone on this site.

2. Machine Head set- despite it beig really good- is waaaaaaaay to short.

3. Solid All Shall Perish set, but there is definitely better songs they could have chosen from the new album. Spineless and A Pure Evil come to mind. All the songs are really good on the new album though, so I can't complain. And no songs off of awaken the dreamers = win. Not a very cohesive album.

4. Wish that Suicide Silence would stop opening with Wake Up. I don't see any Genocide, The Fallen, the Disease, Lifted, and even fucking Bludgeoned to Death! Do you hate me personally, Sooiside Silence??? And I still thing Fuck Everything is an awful song.

5. Fucking GREAT unearth set, despite no Black Hearts. Seriously, Unearth is incredible. I don't see how you enjoyed Suicide Silence more.

jem777az
07-14-2011, 04:41 PM

No, they'll keep the same set I bet. They get 35 minutes opening the main stage and 35 minutes as a second stage headliner. It would have been nice though if they picked a few songs that aren't 7+ minutes, that way the setlist would consist of more songs.

The_jman
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
the inclusion of fear in disturbed's set list is kind of neat, wasn't expecting that.

Ape
07-14-2011, 04:50 PM
Glad to see you had fun. I look forward to my date and leaving after megadeth!

What Hell is About
07-14-2011, 05:05 PM
Glad to see you had fun. I look forward to my date and leaving after megadeth!

This.

I'd see Suicide Silence over Unearth any day and I can't stand either band. Looking forward to All Shall Perish the most since I missed them with Kataklysm.

Haven't seen In Flames so despite their recent releases I'm excited to at least be entertained by their performance. A lot of bands are heavier live (Epica, Mushroomhead, go ahead flame me!).

Mayhem in Phoenix tomorrow!!!! 107 degrees of metal in a fucking parking lot!

TripKore
07-14-2011, 05:08 PM

Buying tickets online = 50$
Buying tickets @ the show = 25$

TripKore
07-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Ill be filming it =)

stevepwn
07-14-2011, 06:49 PM
machine head 4 songs and no beautiful mourning wtf?? and triviums setlist blows dick :finger2:

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 06:49 PM
Buying tickets online = 50$
Buying tickets @ the show = 25$

He had seats.

stevepwn
07-14-2011, 07:19 PM
i like a lot of these bands but the songs they're playing make me sad...

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 07:36 PM
i like a lot of these bands but the songs they're playing make me sad...

It's a package tour, what do you expect?

hellawaits77ny
07-14-2011, 07:36 PM
Yeah for the most part, the setlists being played are disappointing for me. However, I'm a big fan of about 7 of the bands, so I'm still really excited for the Mansfield show.

My biggest complain other than Megadeth's setlist (really?) being God awful, is Machine only playing 4 songs. As some people already said, play some shorter songs, seriously.

AnataFan4Life
07-14-2011, 08:35 PM
For those of you who have already been to your respective Mayhem Fest date, what is the general consensus so far for each band's performance?

Shadowswillfall414
07-14-2011, 08:36 PM
I love suicide silence... :eyes:

brutal_descent
07-14-2011, 09:10 PM
For those of you who have already been to your respective Mayhem Fest date, what is the general consensus so far for each band's performance?

Mountain View CA

Straight Line Stitch - 2/5
Red Fang - 4/5
All Shall Perish - 4/5
Kingdom Of Sorrow - 3/5
Suicide Silence - 3/5
Unearth - 4/5
Testament - 5/5
Trivium - 3/5
Machine Head - 4/5
Megadeth - 5/5 ;)
Godsmack - 2/5
Disturbed - 1/5

The high score for Megadeth doesn't take into account the shortness of the set.

slapguitarer
07-14-2011, 10:04 PM
Machine Head played 5 songs in Mountain View. Also, all the bands I cared about had good setlits, minus Megadeth :bouville: , so I'm happy. And even if they didn't have a good setlist, they played really well.

EDIT:
Mountain View CA

Straight Line Stitch - 4/10
Red Fang - 9/10
All Shall Perish - 5/10
Kingdom Of Sorrow - 6.5/10
Suicide Silence - 4/10
Unearth - 7/10
Testament - 9/10
Trivium - 2/10
Machine Head - 8/10
Megadeth - 8/10
Godsmack - 5/10
Disturbed - 1/10

TripKore
07-15-2011, 12:07 AM
He had seats.

You can get seats too.
You can also edit your tickets and seat where you want
If you want to be up front too after you use your real
ticket to get through the gate =)

TripKore
07-15-2011, 12:10 AM
Machine Head played 5 songs in Mountain View. Also, all the bands I cared about had good setlits, minus Megadeth :bouville: , so I'm happy. And even if they didn't have a good setlist, they played really well.

EDIT:

Mountain View CA

Straight Line Stitch - 4/10
Red Fang - 9/10
All Shall Perish - 5/10
Kingdom Of Sorrow - 6.5/10
Suicide Silence - 4/10
Unearth - 7/10
Testament - 9/10
Trivium - 2/10
Machine Head - 8/10
Megadeth - 8/10
Godsmack - 5/10
Disturbed - 1/10
This tour has 2 types of fans.

You're either a MH or MD fan
or GS, DISTURBED fan.
You're either gonna rate your fan bands high
The bands you hate low.
There for personal opinions / reviews are pointless.

You pay to go see an all day music festival (an ozzfest substitute).
You can have fun, see the bands you want and leave, or watch the
bands you hate, and then talk shit about them the next day lol.

Happens every year =)

jd091
07-15-2011, 03:37 AM
This tour has 2 types of fans.

You're either a MH or MD fan
or GS, DISTURBED fan.
You're either gonna rate your fan bands high
The bands you hate low.
There for personal opinions / reviews are pointless.

You pay to go see an all day music festival (an ozzfest substitute).
You can have fun, see the bands you want and leave, or watch the
bands you hate, and then talk shit about them the next day lol.

Happens every year =)

You do do realize how goddamn elitist we all are here, right?

mastodon421
07-15-2011, 03:47 AM
I am actually content with most of the setlists (Disturbed being the exception, but I don't like them that much anymore.) I am stoked for next Friday's show in Mansfield, I have been waiting to see Megadeth for so long and seeing Unearth,Machine Head,All Shall Perish,Kingdom Of Sorrow, and In Flames again is going to be awesome (Red Fang is pretty good too, I am excited to see them for the first time as well.)

Dissimulate
07-15-2011, 05:10 AM
You do do realize how goddamn elitist we all are here, right?
For a metal forum this place is fairly open minded. Try going on the Metal Archives.

AnataFan4Life
07-15-2011, 08:52 AM
For a metal forum this place is fairly open minded. Try going on the Metal Archives.

Even worse than that: go to the GameFaqs Music: Metal board. I wonder if any of the users on that board even like music.

Blacktooth85
07-15-2011, 12:54 PM
machine head 4 songs and no beautiful mourning wtf?? and triviums setlist blows dick :finger2:

You're bitchin about Beautiful Mourning not being in the set, while Davidian is still not being played? They need to close with that instead of Halo, or drop something else to make room for Davidian.

NickLed19
07-15-2011, 01:22 PM

Allmetalforums is the exact opposite of this place. It was terrible.

Blacktooth85
07-15-2011, 05:08 PM
Allmetalforums is the exact opposite of this place. It was terrible.

Yeah really, that place is full of shitheads.

llama lom
07-15-2011, 05:29 PM
Mayhem Forums are just lulzy.

velvetgrass
07-15-2011, 05:31 PM
So did Disutrbed perform the song Fear in it's entirety or did they do the medley of The Sickness songs Fear, Meaning Of Life, Numb, and Voices like they did on the Uproar tour last year?

I couldn't find any videos of this show yet except Remnants & Asylum on YouTube and setlist.fm originally said they did the medley so I hoping I could find a confirmation from slipknot4ever24 or any other show attendee registered here.

jd091
07-15-2011, 08:56 PM
Mayhem Forums are just lulzy.

I don't know about you, but I find this site to be the lulziest of ALL the internets!

jem777az
07-15-2011, 11:16 PM
So did Disutrbed perform the song Fear in it's entirety or did they do the medley of The Sickness songs Fear, Meaning Of Life, Numb, and Voices like they did on the Uproar tour last year?

I couldn't find any videos of this show yet except Remnants & Asylum on YouTube and setlist.fm originally said they did the medley so I hoping I could find a confirmation from slipknot4ever24 or any other show attendee registered here.

I just got back from the Phoenix show and yes they did the medley.

Xenocide
07-16-2011, 09:45 AM

I'm also another contender.

jd091
07-16-2011, 12:49 PM
I'm also another contender.

Come back when ya got 2k+ posts and we'll fight for it ;)

IrritatedTrout
07-16-2011, 03:31 PM
Even worse than that: go to the GameFaqs Music: Metal board. I wonder if any of the users on that board even like music.

Haha so true.:lol:

kommie
07-16-2011, 03:53 PM

how the hell do you find their music forums? I tried looking, and couldn't seem to find it.

larvtard
07-16-2011, 04:37 PM
how the hell do you find their music forums? I tried looking, and couldn't seem to find it.

google worked for me.

velvetgrass
07-16-2011, 07:05 PM
google worked for me.

Technology has came so far. Made things so easy for people to do. Things don't have to be challenging anymore. In other words "just google it". lol

JudasPriest89
07-17-2011, 08:24 AM
Megadeth really needs to be headlining this

kommie
07-17-2011, 08:35 AM
Megadeth really needs to be headlining this

is megadave's set actually an hour long like he said it would be?

jem777az
07-17-2011, 09:32 AM
is megadave's set actually an hour long like he said it would be?

It's 50 minutes. Disturbed and Godsmack each get an hour.