PDA

View Full Version : Rwake Rest

hb420
07-13-2011, 05:19 PM
http://www.metalsucks.net/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/rwake_rest1.jpg

Comes out September 27th and Sanford Parker will be producing. Rwake is awesome. This will be great. :party::party::party:

idrinkwine732
07-13-2011, 05:23 PM
I thought this was a break up announcement and I nearly lost it.

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 07:21 PM
SO STOKED FOR THIS! Voices of Omens was amazing.

daimonos
07-13-2011, 07:29 PM
Sweet. Great fucking year for doom metal.

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 07:47 PM
Sweet. Great fucking year for doom metal.

Hmmm. Never really thought to use doom to describe them. Pretty straight sludge if you ask me.

daimonos
07-13-2011, 07:58 PM
Hmmm. Never really thought to use doom to describe them. Pretty straight sludge if you ask me.

You wouldn't stick sludge under the over-all category of doom?

DethMaiden
07-13-2011, 08:14 PM
You wouldn't stick sludge under the over-all category of doom?

I guess not. :lol: It's already frustrating that stoner doom and funeral/gothic doom sound not one fucking thing alike. ;)

Travis The Dragon
07-14-2011, 02:10 PM
I'm sick of all these genres and sub genres of music. And most of the descriptions to them ad a bunch of technological nonsense as well. I just enjoy what sounds good to me and don't worry about what genre it is.

idrinkwine732
07-14-2011, 03:40 PM
I'm sick of all these genres and sub genres of music. And most of the descriptions to them ad a bunch of technological nonsense as well. I just enjoy what sounds good to me and don't worry about what genre it is.

:tp:

I'm tired of all these words to describe other words. I think we should have just good and bad. No other adjectives.

daimonos
07-14-2011, 07:54 PM
I guess not. :lol: It's already frustrating that stoner doom and funeral/gothic doom sound not one fucking thing alike. ;)

I see where you're coming from. But to me, Doom is what I would consider one of the main genres, with alot of different subgenres, which are pretty broad in sound. Just that I can think of right now: traditional, stoner, sludge, funeral, death/doom, gothic, ect. Stuff that is sludge, like Eyehategod, Weedeater, Down, and Rwake for example, I definitely consider doom. But stuff like Mastodon, Kylesa, Baroness, ect, what is today considered sludge (I don't really think it's sludge, say whatever you want), I don't really throw under the doom blanket.

Just my perspective.