PDA

View Full Version : Nick Oliveri Arrested

300%_Density
07-13-2011, 07:13 AM
LOL bad week for bassists apparently:

According to TMZ.com, former QUEENS OF THE STONE AGE/KYUSS and current KYUSS LIVES! bassist Nick Oliveri got into an intense standoff with a S.W.A.T. team at his Hollywood home last night.

The police was called to the scene by Oliveri's neighbor who reported a "disturbance" between the bassist and his girlfriend. A two-hour standoff between a S.W.A.T. team and Nick ensued before Oliveri finally agreed to let his girlfriend exit the duplex.

Oliveri was taken into custody about 10:30 p.m. after Los Angeles police officers knocked down his front door.

Nick's girlfriend reportedly told police Oliveri hit her during an argument the day before and she had returned to collect her stuff so she could move out.

During a search of Nick's home on Hobart Boulevard, cops reportedly found a fully loaded high-powered rifle.

Oliveri was booked on felony domestic violence. He has since been released after posting $100,000 bail.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160645

HackedUpForBBQ
07-13-2011, 08:35 AM
$100,000 bail!?!?

powerslave_85
07-13-2011, 08:44 AM
Hasn't he been busted for beating up women before? Fucking asshole.

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 09:07 AM
Provided that this is true:
Hasn't he been busted for beating up women before?

Then, this:
Fucking asshole.

HandOfDoom
07-13-2011, 12:09 PM
Thats really too bad, Nick seems like a cool guy, but this is lame to put it lightly.

TonyD
07-13-2011, 12:52 PM
Scott Reeder for Kyuss Lives!!!

But yeah this isn't much of a surprise lol

MPF
07-13-2011, 01:36 PM
I guess I won't be seeing Nick on Facebook for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Also I lose any respect for anyone who beats a woman that doesn't involve self defense.

HandOfDoom
07-13-2011, 01:43 PM
Scott Reeder for Kyuss Lives!!!

This :party:

kommie
07-13-2011, 02:50 PM
I guess I won't be seeing Nick on Facebook for a LOOOOOOOOOOONG time.

Also I lose any respect for anyone who beats a woman that doesn't involve self defense.

this isn't the first time he's done something like this, ya know? so you shouldn't of had any respect prior to this time.

MPF
07-13-2011, 02:53 PM
this isn't the first time he's done something like this, ya know? so you shouldn't of had any respect prior to this time.

Honestly, I didn't know any of that till this thread popped up. I immediately deleted him.

kommie
07-13-2011, 03:01 PM
Honestly, I didn't know any of that till this thread popped up. I immediately deleted him.

during the announcement of Ozzfest 2007 I looked him up and saw at and kinda went, "that guy's a piece of poo"

ravenheart
07-13-2011, 05:34 PM
He should have been arrested years ago for that acoustic solo album.

And for being a dick.

Natrlhi
07-13-2011, 10:32 PM
^ [/thread]

TonyD
07-13-2011, 11:27 PM
Yeah I've probably mentioned already that I was the only one that bought a CD for autographs when Mondo Generator played Ozzfest, and they just decided to hit the road instead of signing because I was the only one who bought a copy, got my fuckin money back.

HandOfDoom
07-14-2011, 06:24 AM
He should have been arrested years ago for that acoustic solo album.

And for being a dick.

He should of put his cover of Green Machine on it, that would of been a minor redeeming factor.

BlackmoreOfBowling
07-14-2011, 12:22 PM
Maybe Scott Ian could jump in? He looks exactly like Oliveri, plus it would give him an excuse to push back Worship Music release and touring with Anthrax more! :D

MPF
08-20-2011, 06:16 PM
I figured since no one posted on this yet that I might as well:

A ROCKER faces up to 15 years' jail after being charged following a stand-off with SWAT police.

Former Queens of the Stone Age and current Kyuss LIVES bass guitarist Nick Oliveri has been charged with four offences after a tense standoff with a SWAT police team in Los Angeles last month, website TMZ reported.

Oliveri was arrested on July 12th after a fight with his girlfriend escalated into a four-hour standoff with police - he release3d his girlfriend after two hours. Oliveri was booked on felony domestic violence and after police searched his home, they found a fully-loaded rifle.

According to the charging documents, police also found cocaine and methamphetamines.
Oliveri is charged with two counts of possession of a controlled substance with a firearm, two counts of possession of a controlled substance, and one misdemeanor count of resisting, obstructing or delaying a police officer.

If convicted on all counts, the 39-year-old faces a maximum of 15 years in prison.
Oliveri was fired from Queens Of The Stone Age in 2004. Band leader Josh Homme was initially reluctant to reveal the reasons for sacking Oliveri, but was later persuaded to admit that it was down to allegations of domestic violence on Oliveri's part.

In other words, he's facing a 50 million year trip, upside down.

300%_Density
08-20-2011, 09:40 PM
I figured since no one posted on this yet that I might as well:

In other words, he's facing a 50 million year trip, upside down.

What a fucking waste. When I saw The Dwarves last Friday I actually made the mistake of wondering to myself "I wonder if Nick would be here" what a prick. He deserves what he gets.

TonyD
08-21-2011, 11:33 AM
The good news: any more semi-Kyuss shows will have Reeder on bass.