PDA

View Full Version : Coheed And Cambria Bassist Arrested For Armed Robbery

MPF
07-10-2011, 07:36 PM
http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/07/coheed-and-cambria-bassist-arrested-for-armed-robbery/

Band's Official Statement:

Michael Todd was arrested today on what we consider very serious charges and therefore he will not be finishing up the current tour. Wes Styles, long time member of the Coheed family will take on bass duties starting tomorrow for the remaining dates. No shows will be canceled.

We are surprised to say the least and will address the situation with Michael after the tour. For now, we just want to have a great time out here and finish with some killer shows in Boston, Poughkeepsie, Quebec City and Halifax.

Woah...:eek::eek::eek:

The_jman
07-10-2011, 07:40 PM
Wow, that sucks. Not real familiar with their material, but hell of a position the other members are in now.

treghet
07-10-2011, 07:44 PM
Wow. This will be an interesting story to follow.

BloodoftheKings
07-10-2011, 07:48 PM
Why would someone who's in a pretty successful rock band need to rob somebody? You'd think they do pretty well for themselves.

MPF
07-10-2011, 07:52 PM
Why would someone who's in a pretty successful rock band need to rob somebody? You'd think they do pretty well for themselves.

The link pretty much describes it.

He went to a pharmacy saying he had a bomb and he would detonate it if he couldn't get Oxycontin.

C&C has had a history of drug problems.

causeofdeath
07-10-2011, 08:14 PM
The link pretty much describes it.

He went to a pharmacy saying he had a bomb and he would detonate it if he couldn't get Oxycontin.

C&C has had a history of drug problems.

wrong. him and the former drummer do. but wow, thats some fucked up shit. you wouldnt really expect that from a guy like that. thats real bummin, i cant really see him staying in the band after this they already gave him a second chance, plus he probably face jail time. fuck that sucks

Dextrimental
07-10-2011, 08:22 PM
I would imagine that the band will tell him he cant continue with them, but also try and support him if they can outside of the band.

Steev
07-10-2011, 08:29 PM
Half of the band's original lineup did heroin for years, he quit and rejoined within a year where the drummer was replaced. Clearly he relapsed.

funny thing is this resulted in arguing with an ex about whether most of the band's original lineup was intact

llama lom
07-10-2011, 08:31 PM
I just saw this on the news. It's pretty sad though, that he chose to do this.

MPF
07-10-2011, 08:32 PM
wrong. him and the former drummer do. but wow, thats some fucked up shit. you wouldnt really expect that from a guy like that. thats real bummin, i cant really see him staying in the band after this they already gave him a second chance, plus he probably face jail time. fuck that sucks

well soon to be 2 former band members may not be all for the band. But still, One is more then enough members to have drug problems, let alone 2.

Also everything Steev said.

awoodz92
07-10-2011, 08:49 PM
Coheed is my favorite band, so to think that Mic is gone kinda sucks, but at the same time, if that's the kinda shit he's gonna pull, I don't want him anywhere near C&C. I hope they're able to lock-down Wes as their full time bassist, because he's one talented muthafucker.

jd091
07-10-2011, 09:29 PM
Shit! This is serious stuff. He should be asked to leave the band, honestly. Coheed is great; it sucks to see stuff like this happen.

BloodoftheKings
07-10-2011, 09:55 PM
Shit! This is serious stuff. He should be asked to leave the band, honestly. Coheed is great; it sucks to see stuff like this happen.

Why would they have to ask him? It's not like he can be part of the band in prison.

EDIT: I just realized I may have just seen this guys last ever performance with the band last night.

Ape
07-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Lol what a moron.

DethMaiden
07-10-2011, 10:46 PM
Neil Hamburger's tweet on the situation:

Congratulations to @Walgreens for their role in the arrest of a member of Coheed And Cambria! #AmericasFavoritePharmacy #dunce #HellMusic

bt11763
07-10-2011, 11:08 PM
Neil Hamburger's tweet on the situation:

Congratulations to @Walgreens for their role in the arrest of a member of Coheed And Cambria! #AmericasFavoritePharmacy #dunce #HellMusic

that guy's twitter confused the piss out of me :lol:

i'm just happy the band is moving on right away without him, partially because i'm seeing them today haha. i'm assuming they canceled their performance opening for soundgarden that night?

larvtard
07-11-2011, 07:25 AM
Why would they have to ask him? It's not like he can be part of the band in prison.

Exactly.

Lol what a moron.

This.

Natrlhi
07-11-2011, 07:58 AM

Lol what a moron.Drug addiction can happen to anyone. ANYONE.

Intelligence has exactly zero percent to do with it. Neither does age, race, gender, social standing or any other demographic you can name.

idrinkwine732
07-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Drug addiction can happen to anyone. ANYONE.

Intelligence has exactly zero percent to do with it. Neither does age, race, gender, social standing or any other demographic you can name.

It's pretty easy to say "what a moron," but Nat hit the nail on the head here.

However, even in my worst states, I would never have taken a cab to the robbery and then straight to the Comcast Center, where my band was playing that night.

Natrlhi
07-11-2011, 08:45 AM
However, even in my worst states, I would never have taken a cab to the robbery and then straight to the Comcast Center, where my band was playing that night.Now that IS pretty fucking stupid. :lol:

mastodon421
07-11-2011, 08:49 AM
This isn't the first time Michael Todd has had drug problems, they almost kicked him out a few years ago because of his heroin problem.

daimonos
07-11-2011, 09:53 AM

Thank you for stating this. You're absolutely correct.

Ape
07-11-2011, 04:00 PM

However intelligence does come into play when you first decide to get high and when you decide to rob someone. You have to be pretty stupid to go into a building and rob someone saying you have a bomb.

jd091
07-11-2011, 04:19 PM
However intelligence does come into play when you first decide to get high and when you decide to rob someone. You have to be pretty stupid to go into a building and rob someone saying you have a bomb.

Agree. At least have the sense to break into somewhere rather than a bomb heist scheme; that's just stupid.

Dextrimental
07-11-2011, 04:42 PM

addiction makes people do very uncharacteristic things. a fast way to see the depths of your own desperation would be to get yourself addicted to something like heroin.

DethMaiden
07-11-2011, 04:45 PM
addiction makes people do very uncharacteristic things. a fast way to see the depths of your own desperation would be to get yourself addicted to something like heroin.

This. Not to defend the guy's actions, but I don't think what he did was based on an inherent lack of intelligence, just depravity and desperation.

brutal_descent
07-11-2011, 04:47 PM
I'm glad I saw them in April then. :( I hope this clears over and Michael gets back on his feet.

larvtard
07-11-2011, 08:33 PM
I hope this clears over and Michael gets back on his feet.

Ummm, I dunno if Russia has more lenient laws for armed robbery or something, but this dude's probably gonna be in prison for a while.

MPF
07-11-2011, 08:38 PM
Ummm, I dunno if Russia has more lenient laws for armed robbery or something, but this dude's probably gonna be in prison for a while.

He said that he had a bomb, I'm actually very surprised he's not getting called a terrorist at this point by mainstream media and getting charged with terrorism.

larvtard
07-11-2011, 08:41 PM
He said that he had a bomb, I'm actually very surprised he's not getting called a terrorist at this point by mainstream media and getting charged with terrorism.

Nah, it's probably not that high-profile. The cops know he didn't have a bomb, he was just a desperate idiot, but if you lead people to believe you are armed, then it's legally an armed robbery.