The Mirror's Truth
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Leeches
System
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Hmmmmm, the album has been out for a while and they're not fully supporting it? What's up with that?

Indestructible
07-09-2011, 11:23 AM
Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Only for the Weak
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
Leeches
System
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Im fine with this. A sense of purpose has grown on me a little, so I can handle some songs on it. Im don't know Sounds of a Playground fading that well, but what I heard didn't give me high hopes.

Indestructible
07-09-2011, 11:47 AM
Hmmmmm, the album has been out for a while and they're not fully supporting it? What's up with that?

Maybe it's because they know it's not that good. Their last really good album was Come Clarity.

zerkz
07-09-2011, 12:16 PM
is this a festival set?

The Ghost at Number One
07-09-2011, 01:29 PM
is this a festival set?Yeah, it's from a Sonisphere show.

The new album kicks ass, actually, and I'm sure they'll play a lot more of it when they begin a proper tour.

Indestructible
07-09-2011, 01:33 PM
Their coming to Buffalo with disturbed, Machine Head, Trivium and Godsmack. If I go I would be fine with this set.

brutal_descent
07-09-2011, 01:43 PM
Their coming to Buffalo with disturbed, Machine Head, Trivium and Godsmack. If I go I would be fine with this set.

It's called Mayhem Festival :D

The_jman
07-09-2011, 02:27 PM
lol this.

The_jman
07-09-2011, 02:33 PM
lol this.
as to the set, its not to bad I suppose love the inclusion of come clarity, I feel like that's such a good song, not their normal style true, but very good in my opinion.

The Ghost at Number One
07-09-2011, 03:00 PM
love the inclusion of come clarity, I feel like that's such a good song, not their normal style true, but very good in my opinion.I agree that it's a good song, but I don't think it comes across very well live. I'd much rather have something like Crawl Through Knives or Reflect the Storm from the Come Clarity album.

Indestructible
07-09-2011, 03:31 PM

In buffalo its the.edge summer bbq. It has the mayhemfest mainstage lineup except for megadeth.

snowdog2112
07-09-2011, 03:46 PM
To bad we will get about 6 songs from In Flames thats it. I dont see a long set by these guys. Depends also if they play before or after Trivium

Has them after Trivium on the Mayhem website
Disturbed

Godsmack

Machine Head

In Flames

Trivium

zerkz
07-09-2011, 03:59 PM
To bad we will get about 6 songs from In Flames thats it. I dont see a long set by these guys. Depends also if they play before or after Trivium

Has them after Trivium on the Mayhem website
Disturbed

Godsmack

Machine Head

In Flames

Trivium

The three bands (machine head, in flames, Trivium) rotate slots on main stage. For example, at my date, In Flames and Machine Head are headlining their own second stages and Trivium is playing the main stage slot.

Epidemic Reign
07-09-2011, 04:16 PM
Cloud Connected
Trigger
Alias
Pinball Map
Delight and Angers
Deliver Us
Only for the Weak
Disconnected
The Mirror's Truth
Where the Dead Ships Dwell
Leeches
System
Come Clarity
The Quiet Place
Take This Life
My Sweet Shadow

Dear God that's terrible.

If only Jesper would start a tribute band for all of the fans who want to hear the good material live. Maybe get Niklas Sundin and Mikael Stanne in the lineup. They could call it "Pre-route to Remain".

AnthG
07-09-2011, 07:01 PM
They could call it "Pre-route to Remain".

I lol'd

BlackmoreOfBowling
07-09-2011, 09:41 PM
Better yet, At The Gates should just do another reunion tour.

The_jman
07-09-2011, 09:54 PM
I agree that it's a good song, but I don't think it comes across very well live. I'd much rather have something like Crawl Through Knives or Reflect the Storm from the Come Clarity album.
crawl through knives would be very good, I agree.

El Gordo
07-10-2011, 05:59 AM
Dear God that's terrible.

If only Jesper would start a tribute band for all of the fans who want to hear the good material live. Maybe get Niklas Sundin and Mikael Stanne in the lineup. They could call it "Pre-route to Remain".

I was about to post something similar. I haven't cared about In Flames in a long time, but absolutely nothing pre-Clayman? Please.

CapnAwesome
07-10-2011, 07:52 AM
While I, like everyone else, want to hear more Colony, Whoracle, Jester Race material, I know that's probably not going to happen.

But come on In Flames, if you're going to only play from your last 4 or 5 albums, at least play some different fucking songs. STYE has more songs on it than just The Quiet Place and My Sweet Shadow. And I am POSITIVE that Free Fall and a few others from RTR have never been played live so what's the deal...

zerkz
07-11-2011, 02:55 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixirThI2mxY

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GU0c4QWwNmM

CapnAwesome
07-12-2011, 09:05 AM
I've seen them play The Hive twice since 2008

How about Food For The Gods? or Gyroscope? Jotun? shit, anything but their new "staple" Whoracle song

(However I was lucky enough to see Morphing Into Primal during their Gigantour trek, now THAT was impressive)

And while Colony is one of my favorite IF songs, it seems to be the only song they play from that album besides Embody. Last time I checked you guys made a freakin' VIDEO for Ordinary Story, does that song not matter?

Travis The Dragon
07-12-2011, 10:52 AM
I agree that it's a good song, but I don't think it comes across very well live. I'd much rather have something like Crawl Through Knives or Reflect the Storm from the Come Clarity album.

I'd kill to see that song performed live!

CapnAwesome
07-12-2011, 11:15 AM
I'd kill to see that song performed live!

It was apparently played ONCE in the initial run for Come Clarity or SOTU 2006, can't remember, but it "didn't work well" for the band therefore you'll probably never hear that song, or any other song from CC other than the title track, Take this life, or Leeches, EVER AGAIN!

The Ghost at Number One
07-12-2011, 11:47 AM
but it "didn't work well"Not sure why you put this in quotes. Sometimes, unfortunately, songs simply don't work in a live setting. As much as I'd love to hear certain songs live, I'd rather bands keep those that don't work out of the set, as opposed to leaving them in for what seems like an eternity. Come Clarity is a fine example, and I've always thought Nothing Else Matters isn't exactly a live gem...though it's nice to see Metallica's finally taken it out for the last few Big 4 shows.

CapnAwesome
07-12-2011, 12:18 PM
Not sure why you put this in quotes. Sometimes, unfortunately, songs simply don't work in a live setting. As much as I'd love to hear certain songs live, I'd rather bands keep those that don't work out of the set, as opposed to leaving them in for what seems like an eternity. Come Clarity is a fine example, and I've always thought Nothing Else Matters isn't exactly a live gem...though it's nice to see Metallica's finally taken it out for the last few Big 4 shows.

I put that in quotes because I remember watching/reading an interview with Anders where he stated in those exact words that that was the reason they didn't play that song

In a recent interview with metalsucks, Bjorn talked about how they didn't think the Jester Race material worked well live, and to each his own, but god dammit they need to play material from this album as it was one of their benchmark releases

The Ghost at Number One
07-12-2011, 02:16 PM
I put that in quotes because I remember watching/reading an interview with Anders where he stated in those exact words that that was the reason they didn't play that song

In a recent interview with metalsucks, Bjorn talked about how they didn't think the Jester Race material worked well live, and to each his own, but god dammit they need to play material from this album as it was one of their benchmark releasesGotcha.

The last couple of times I've seen them, they played (each at a separate show, of course) Graveland and a medley, which consisted of Dead God in Me, The Jester Race, and Behind Space. I agree, though, that it'd definitely be nice to hear something like December Flower, Wayfaerer, or Dead Eternity.

zerkz
07-12-2011, 02:27 PM
I wouldn't count on December Flower or Dead Eternity ever. December Flower has a solo that wasn't even by them (and they skipped it last time they played live), and Dead Eternity probably doesn't work so great due to the guitar layering.

As for the other, it'd be cool, but the only time ive heard of In Flames doing an instrumental is Pallar Anders Visa.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT--BP7P1hI

The Ghost at Number One
07-12-2011, 02:43 PM
I wouldn't count on December Flower or Dead Eternity ever.Definitely not counting on anything. Actually, I'd rather see more stuff from Colony. Ordinary Story and Coerced Coexistence would be THE SHIT.

CapnAwesome
07-12-2011, 03:09 PM
I wish they would just spark up the variety, they've played Trigger, Cloud Connected, and System TO DEATH. Even though I love all of those R2R songs, the album is subtitled FOURTEEN songs of conscious insanity, not THREE

Travis The Dragon
07-12-2011, 03:22 PM
It was apparently played ONCE in the initial run for Come Clarity or SOTU 2006, can't remember, but it "didn't work well" for the band therefore you'll probably never hear that song, or any other song from CC other than the title track, Take this life, or Leeches, EVER AGAIN!

I fucking knew it! I didn't want to say anything until I saw this. I was actually at the very show it was played at! My dad and I were there! It was the Minnesota SOTU August 5th, 2006 show. We had never heard In Flames in our lives up until seeing that show and they completely blew us away. Well, there was one song in particular that we went nuts over so as soon as we got home, we looked them up and checked out some of their songs. Well, one of them happened to be Reflect The Storm and as soon as that song came on, we thought OMG! that's the song they just played at the concert! I would kill to get a bootleg of that show or at least the performance of that song!

broncoz
07-12-2011, 04:16 PM
Definitely not counting on anything. Actually, I'd rather see more stuff from Colony. Ordinary Story and Coerced Coexistence would be THE SHIT.

Agreed. They did actually bust out Coerced Coexistence in 2009 for at least one of the festival shows before the fall US tour, and Ordinary Story was played festival season 2008 but not since.

I do like that the last two times iv'e seen them they've thrown some clayman gems in (square nothing, satellites, clayman) but still, two times seeing them with Embody the Invisible and the Hive being the only songs from those respective albums is bad.

I can take no jester race, but 10 years ago who would have thought my biggest worry would be not ever hearing episode 666, colony, ordinary story, or jotun live.

The Ghost at Number One
07-12-2011, 04:27 PM
I can take no jester race, but 10 years ago who would have thought my biggest worry would be not ever hearing episode 666, colony, ordinary story, or jotun live.Same here. They did just play Colony at one of the Sonisphere shows...hopefully they'll leave it in the set.