PDA

View Full Version : Between The Buried And Me/Animals As Leaders/Tesseract Fall Tour

brutal_descent
07-08-2011, 05:30 AM
Info from Rock The Walls' Facebook.

Dates TBA, October/November.

jd091
07-08-2011, 05:45 AM
Oh please God, if there is a God, or SATAN, or flying Spaghetti monster, or Odin, or even Morgan Freeman, Let this be

A) Real

B) Coming to Chicago

I really don't know what I would do. This fall is going to be insane.

brutal_descent
07-08-2011, 05:47 AM
What's interesting is that this tour starts the week after my BTBAM/AAL EU date (the final date of the Europe tour) :lol:

jd091
07-08-2011, 05:51 AM
What's interesting is that this tour starts the week after my BTBAM/AAL EU date (the final date of the Europe tour) :lol:

Makes a lot of sense, actually: get off a European tour, head right to the states. I'm just really surprised BTBAM is gonna headline another tour so soon; I would have definitely thought they'd take a break to put out another full length before they came back around here.

brutal_descent
07-08-2011, 05:54 AM
Makes a lot of sense, actually: get off a European tour, head right to the states. I'm just really surprised BTBAM is gonna headline another tour so soon; I would have definitely thought they'd take a break to put out another full length before they came back around here.

Yeah, I wonder if BTBAM will get off this US tour and decide to come back and play another Europe tour. :lovedup:

bt11763
07-08-2011, 06:08 AM
bitchin'! i had to miss them last time.

masterguy49
07-08-2011, 07:18 AM
BTBAM BETTER FUCKING COME HERE OMG.
:flame::flame::flame:

mastodon421
07-08-2011, 07:18 AM
Awesome, I'll be there if it comes to the area.

DethMaiden
07-08-2011, 07:19 AM
Damn, I might be consciously missing a Between the Buried and Me tour that I can attend for the first time ever. The new EP is the worst thing they've done since the self-titled, Animals as Leaders and Tesseract could not suck more.

jd091
07-08-2011, 07:53 AM
Animals as Leaders and Tesseract could not suck more.

ಠ_ಠ

mastodon421
07-08-2011, 08:07 AM
TesseracT is really overrated, probably the worst opener BTBAM has in quite some time. Animals As Leaders is great though, still should be a good tour.

larvtard
07-08-2011, 08:45 AM
I don't remember where I read this, but they said they were gonna do a really "special" tour in the fall. So this must be it.

mankvill
07-08-2011, 09:36 AM
BTBAM live is so good. Even though they played all of their EP first, what followed after made for one of the best performances of the year.

Animals As Leaders would be interesting. Maybe good, maybe bad.

TesseracT though... :hecho:

llama lom
07-08-2011, 10:02 AM
This fall will be EPIC.

jd091
07-08-2011, 10:20 AM

I totally respect your opinions, but may I inquire as to why you guys don't like Tesseract? Is it the vocals? The songwriting? The low guitar parts that make it qualify technically as Djent? Their image? The fact that the geometric "Tesseract" shape makes absolutely no fucking sense?

mankvill
07-08-2011, 10:44 AM
I totally respect your opinions, but may I inquire as to why you guys don't like Tesseract? Is it the vocals? The songwriting? The low guitar parts that make it qualify technically as Djent? Their image? The fact that the geometric "Tesseract" shape makes absolutely no fucking sense?

The djent

powerslave_85
07-08-2011, 11:28 AM
Djent is dumb and should be hated.

mankvill
07-08-2011, 11:38 AM
Djent is dumb and should be hated.

pretty much

MPF
07-08-2011, 12:09 PM
I'll help get rid of Djent the day we kill of all lifeforms of Deathcore.

At least with Djent it actually requires taste. Whether you hate it or no, at least it's not stupid shitty open note chords.

Back on topic. Awesome fucking tour that I hope hits Minnesota, but I'm not banking on it since BTBAM hasn't been here in 2 years.

Bergman101
07-08-2011, 12:13 PM
Personally I like TesseracT and most djent bands for that matter. I saw them op for Protest and Maylene a few months ago and thought they were good. That being said OMFG BTBAM HEADLINER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously, if it comes anywhere close to NJ or NYC then I'll fucking be there! :rocker::rocker::rocker:

Ape
07-08-2011, 12:36 PM
I don't care who plays with them I will be at any show I can that between the buried and me headlines it has been far too long since I last saw them. 06

ShatteredFlame
07-08-2011, 12:39 PM
I have never heard TesseracT on CD but live they were the most wooden band I've ever seen. I didn't hate it. I didn't enjoy it. It was like my mind went blank for 40 minutes while loud music was playing. No appeal whatsoever.

AAL is playing local soon so I will check them out but I am not digging the CD stuff.

jd091
07-08-2011, 01:04 PM
Well, I guess Djent is a thing you like, or you don't then. I love it, the sound, the technicality- I think its a great new rising genre for advancing and evolving metal as a whole as opposed to stuff in deathcore or metalcore. And Tesseract is by far the best Djent band.

They also sound a lot, lot different than other bands in the genre. I've said it before, but they remind me a ton of Tool, which I eat up like polish sausage.

Ape
07-08-2011, 01:08 PM
I have never listened to tesserect but if you say they sound like tool or at least remind you of tool I'm staying the fuck away

MPF
07-08-2011, 01:30 PM
Where do you get Tool out of Tesseract?

0.o

NecroRob
07-08-2011, 01:38 PM
Animals As Leaders would be interesting. Maybe good, maybe bad.

You should like AAL. They have a really chill, almost jam session type atmosphere live. I enjoyed them quite a lot at Summer Slaughter last year...

...And yeah, fuck TesseracT.

jd091
07-08-2011, 01:54 PM
Where do you get Tool out of Tesseract?

0.o

Are you kidding me?

What is with you guys?!

/rage

Rocco44
07-08-2011, 02:22 PM
Haha, I don't really like Tesseract but there are thousands of shittier bands out there lol. And Animals As Leaders is legit... they might not be your style but I can't see how you can say they suck lol

mastodon421
07-08-2011, 02:39 PM

Personally, I don't think TesseracT is bad, they are just way overhyped. I listened to all of One, it was a decent record and nothing more.

slapguitarer
07-08-2011, 02:52 PM
This better not come by me in October. If it does, I wouldn't be able to go, which would suck. BTBAM and Tesseract at the same show :bowdown: Animals as Leaders is cool too.

300%_Density
07-08-2011, 11:55 PM
Just when I hadn't heard Djent in several months I just had to go to page 2.

jd091
08-23-2011, 01:08 PM
Fucking awesome news for anyone going to this tour (from a Metalsucks interview with Elliot, the new vocalist for Tesseract):

"It is going to be our biggest tour that weíve ever done. Itís mostly House of Blues venues and Live Nation venues. Itís going to be pretty incredible. Each band has got a really long time as well. I think our [Tesseract's] set is about 40 minutes, Animals as Leaders is about an hour, and Between the Buried and Me is over an hour. Itís just going to be fun being on a tour thatís only three bands. I donít know if youíve noticed, but most tours these days do 4, 5, 6 bands. To me, I just get disappointed with that because I end up seeing half of what I wanted to see of the bands that Iím interested in seeing."

http://www.metalsucks.net/2011/08/23/exclusive-interview-tesseracts-amos-williams-on-the-bands-recent-vocalist-swap/

:eek: :rocker: An hour long AAL set?! 40 minutes of Tesseract?!! Damn, that's awesome for opening bands! AAL might as well be playing a headlining set (aka, all their music).

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

coltongsmith
08-23-2011, 01:47 PM
really glad im going to this now, was afraid of a short AAL set, but a long set from everyone is awesome

llama lom
08-23-2011, 02:24 PM
Ok this makes this a must go for me. :party:

mastodon421
08-23-2011, 02:43 PM
That's great, I'm assuming the sets might be a bit shorter at my date due to Cave In and The Red Chord being there as well.

electrocute1031
08-23-2011, 04:14 PM
That's great, I'm assuming the sets might be a bit shorter at my date due to Cave In and The Red Chord being there as well.

might be a bit shorter, but i'm hoping since the show starts at 6:00, checked out the information at other show dates at the house of blues (cleveland) and it starts at 700, so hopefully not too much will be cut.

MPF
08-23-2011, 04:20 PM
This isn't fair Damn It!

But I did get to see all of Colors Live, so that makes up for BTBAM not being here in soon to be 4 years.

mastodon421
08-23-2011, 04:29 PM
might be a bit shorter, but i'm hoping since the show starts at 6:00, checked out the information at other show dates at the house of blues (cleveland) and it starts at 700, so hopefully not too much will be cut.

They might even have TesseracT go on at 5:30, so no one would get their sets cut.