PDA

View Full Version : New Megadeth song!

Travis The Dragon
07-05-2011, 01:04 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=160280

I'm really digging it! Bring on the new album! :rocker:

Sanitarium78
07-05-2011, 01:18 PM
It sounds OK. It's always tough to get a feel for a new song when you're hearing it for the first time and it's live.

It sounds like mid 90s Megadeth.

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2011, 01:25 PM
God damnit fonz.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17329

Travis The Dragon
07-05-2011, 01:37 PM
God damnit fonz.

http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=17329

That thread has the setlist, but mine exclusively, specifically advertises the new song.

BloodoftheKings
07-05-2011, 01:39 PM
That thread has the setlist, but mine exclusively, specifically advertises the new song.

That thread has the same link you posted and people already started discussing the new song in that thread, making this thread pointless.

slapguitarer
07-05-2011, 02:21 PM
I liked the song. The guitar solos were pretty sick :shred:

hellawaits77ny
07-05-2011, 10:41 PM
Ellefson said it was going to sound like CTE-era Megadeth. And it does.

It's not bad, but I really like the heavier, faster direction they went w/ their past few albums. Maybe they're trying to make a more mainstream record like they did in the 90's. My opinion is bolstered by the terrible (in my opinion ladies, don't get fudgy) setlists they've been doing since they finished the RIP - 20 Years Later tour.

slapguitarer
07-05-2011, 10:45 PM
I think the album may be varied. If you guys remember, the song Never Dead sounded like something off of Endgame

Also, most of their setlists are only bad because of limited time. Their July 4th setlist is pretty decent.

OraclesofAgony
07-05-2011, 10:46 PM
Ellefson said it was going to sound like CTE-era Megadeth. And it does.

It's not bad, but I really like the heavier, faster direction they went w/ their past few albums. Maybe they're trying to make a more mainstream record like they did in the 90's. My opinion is bolstered by the terrible (in my opinion ladies, don't get fudgy) setlists they've been doing since they finished the RIP - 20 Years Later tour.

Yeah the setlist for the Rust In Peace Anniversary tour was great. But the setlists from the two American Carnage shows I went to and the Big Four weren't nearly as good. Except they did play Wake Up Dead at the Big Four show which they didn't do at the other three, and that's my all-time favorite Megadeth song.

ravenheart
07-06-2011, 03:26 AM

Your point? You're not getting commission, so stop the spamming.

Sanitarium78
07-06-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm gonna side with fonz on this one.

There could've been people who just checked the setlist of the Megadeth show and didn't bother to check again after the link to the new song was posted.

By doing it this way more people will be able to see it. He did nothing wrong either since this is where we post all new songs anyways.

orlandodavis
07-06-2011, 01:00 PM
I'm gonna side with fonz on this one.

There could've been people who just checked the setlist of the Megadeth show and didn't bother to check again after the link to the new song was posted.

By doing it this way more people will be able to see it. He did nothing wrong either since this is where we post all new songs anyways.

This.

Travis The Dragon
07-06-2011, 01:05 PM
Thank you very much Sanitarium and Davis. :)

DisposableJustice
07-06-2011, 01:35 PM
GODDAMN IT FONZY

no I kid I have no problem with this thread, everyone needs to calm the fuck down

anywho, I can't really judge the song fully since the videos are from the audience but I'm not super impressed so far

But Megadeth has done very well on their past 3 albums so I have high hopes