7. Peruvian Skies
8. The Great Debate
9. On the Backs of Angels
10. Caught in a Web
11. Through My Words
12. Fatal Tragedy
13. The Count of Tuscany

Set = :drool::drool::drool:

What the fuck? They aren't even playing any of my favorite songs. This makes me feel a bit better about being gone when Theater comes here.

makethemsuffer12
07-04-2011, 03:22 PM
Nice seeing "Endless Sacrifice" in there. One of my favorites from TOT.

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:26 PM
What the fuck? They aren't even playing any of my favorite songs. This makes me feel a bit better about being gone when Theater comes here.

:bouville::bouville::bouville:

You are a new fan aren't you?

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
Edited, they just finished playing Learning To Live.

Sanitarium78
07-04-2011, 03:32 PM

That doesn't really matter. I've been a fan since I&W and there are still quite a few favorites of mine that are missing.

1. Under A Glass Moon
3. Forsaken
6. Ytse Jam
7. Peruvian Skies
8. The Great Debate
10. Caught in a Web
11. Through My Words
12. Fatal Tragedy
13. The Count of Tuscany

I'm cool with all these being played though.

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:34 PM
That doesn't really matter. I've been a fan since I&W and there are still quite a few favorites of mine that are missing.

I'm cool with all these being played though.

9/14 songs? That's really hard to complain about, even if the other songs aren't favorites.

Sanitarium78
07-04-2011, 03:38 PM
9/14 songs? That's really hard to complain about, even if the other songs aren't favorites.

True. If I got this set I wouldn't complain at all. Especially since I see you edited it and they did LTL:drool:

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:41 PM
True. If I got this set I wouldn't complain at all. Especially since I see you edited it and they did LTL:drool:

When I first saw the setlist I thought they were ending on The Count Of Tuscany. That would make sense considering the size of the setlist. But Learning To Live made it even better!

These Walls is the most underrated DT song.

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 03:41 PM

Out of that set, I'm only crazy about Endless Sacrifice, Peruvian Skies, Through My Words, and Fatal Tragedy. That's not worth what they're charging here. Where is The Spirit Carries On? As I Am? Pull Me Under? Through Her Eyes? Solitary Shell? Sacrificed Sons? Dissapointed, I am. :nonono:

Sanitarium78
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM
Out of that set, I'm only crazy about Endless Sacrifice, Peruvian Skies, Through My Words, and Fatal Tragedy. That's not worth what they're charging here. Where is The Spirit Carries On? As I Am? Pull Me Under? Through Her Eyes? Solitary Shell? Sacrificed Sons? Dissapointed, I am. :nonono:

You are aware they change their sets all the time? I'd put money on the fact that all the songs you've listed will show up at some point during the tour. Plus, give Mangini a chance to learn everything before we start saying "where's this and that".

Also, how the hell do you not love UAGM, LTL and CIAW?

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:49 PM

With the exception of Solitary Shell and Through Her Eyes. all of those songs are very well overplayed. The last 6 world tours in fact.

Solitary Shell was played on Progressive Nation 2009, and Through Her Eyes hasn't been played since SFAM.

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 03:52 PM
With the exception of Solitary Shell and Through Her Eyes. all of those songs are very well overplayed. The last 6 world tours in fact.

Solitary Shell was played on Progressive Nation 2009, and Through Her Eyes hasn't been played since SFAM.

Forgive me for discovering them in the past year, oh mighty one.

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:54 PM
Forgive me for discovering them in the past year, oh mighty one.

Hmmm tough choice....

Alight you are forgiven.....for now! Now get crackin' on checking out the songs you don't like on the set, and see how wrong you are.

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 03:56 PM
Hmmm tough choice....

Alight you are forgiven.....for now! Now get crackin' on checking out the songs you don't like on the set, and see how wrong you are.

Hell, what difference does it make? I'm still not going to be around for their show, it'll just upset me more. It already sucks beyond belief I won't be here for The Mars Volta, Rosetta, The Doors, Kaiser Chiefs, and Hole :bouville:

MPF
07-04-2011, 04:00 PM
Hell, what difference does it make? I'm still not going to be around for their show, it'll just upset me more. It already sucks beyond belief I won't be here for The Mars Volta, Rosetta, The Doors, Kaiser Chiefs, and Hole :bouville:

You make it sound as if DT is never coming back ever.

Also, the point is to discover new music and enjoy it!

heheheheheheheheh you said Hole.

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 04:03 PM
You make it sound as if DT is never coming back ever.

Also, the point is to discover new music and enjoy it!

heheheheheheheheh you said Hole.

Well, I can safely say that it won't be soon, their next show in Russia. :tp:

I actually like Hole, but I don't know how Courtney is going to hold up against the countless Kurt Cobain fangirls who will be ready to tear her to bits for 'killing' him.

MPF
07-04-2011, 04:06 PM
Well, I can safely say that it won't be soon, their next show in Russia. :tp:

I actually like Hole, but I don't know how Courtney is going to hold up against the countless Kurt Cobain fangirls who will be ready to tear her to bits for 'killing' him.

I meant that more as a Beavis and Butthead reference about Hole. Not against Courtney. Although I do find it hilarious that there is a Minnesota Nirvana Tribute band called Courtney Did It.

I wouldn't put it passed them to hit Russia in the near future, maybe even next summer. The world tour is going through 2012.

bigguytoo9
07-04-2011, 04:10 PM
Count Of Toscany is one of the worst DT songs ahahah the lyrics make me laugh out loud.

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 04:10 PM
I meant that more as a Beavis and Butthead reference about Hole. Not against Courtney. Although I do find it hilarious that there is a Minnesota Nirvana Tribute band called Courtney Did It.

I wouldn't put it passed them to hit Russia in the near future, maybe even next summer. The world tour is going through 2012.

What world tour is going to fucking stop in the same city twice? Especially in Russia, dude.

Indestructible
07-04-2011, 04:20 PM
1. Under A Glass Moon
2. These Walls
3. Forsaken
4. Endless Sacrifice
5. Mangini Drum Solo
6. Ytse Jam
7. Peruvian Skies
8. The Great Debate
10. Caught in a Web
11. Through My Words
12. Fatal Tragedy
13. The Count of Tuscany
-----
14. Learning To Live

Fixed*

I would be fine if I got this set. I'm curiouse to see what the set will look like after the new album comes out. Maybe they should keep this set and just add on four songs from the new album :D one can dream

MPF
07-04-2011, 04:46 PM
What world tour is going to fucking stop in the same city twice? Especially in Russia, dude.

They have before...

treghet
07-04-2011, 04:48 PM
Damn, that's the best DT set I've seen in a long time. I'd change up some stuff, but everything is fairly represented.

Maidenmagic
07-04-2011, 05:05 PM
Great set. Better than the 2009 ones. A lot of those songs haven't been played in awhile. Opening with Under a glass moon is brilliant. Probably my favorite DT song.

jd091
07-04-2011, 05:19 PM
I'll give it to Dream Theater, I love bands that go out on limbs like this when it comes to sets. I wish more bands would forgo their hits for deeper tracks like this. Hell, I wish ALL bands would do this!

MPF
07-04-2011, 07:55 PM
Learning to Live:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OX-zt_o-7WA

Yeah...There's no longer a shred of doubt left in DT. They are back and BETTER THEN EVER!

cristianrock
07-05-2011, 12:37 AM
The Great Debate, super nice :D

Great that they played at least one song of each album.

maidenpriest
07-05-2011, 12:44 AM
1. Under A Glass Moon
4. Endless Sacrifice
6. Ytse Jam
10. Caught in a Web
12. Fatal Tragedy
14. Learning To Live

Fixed*

:party::rocker::drool:

Maiden33
07-05-2011, 08:58 AM
1. Under A Glass Moon
2. These Walls
3. Forsaken
4. Endless Sacrifice
5. Mangini Drum Solo
6. Ytse Jam
7. Peruvian Skies
8. The Great Debate
10. Caught in a Web
11. Through My Words
12. Fatal Tragedy
13. The Count of Tuscany
-----
14. Learning To Live

Fixed*

Holy shit, that is fantastic. Only one song I don't really like (The Great Debate) is surprisingly good for a DT set... and there's a few :drool: moments as well. Would LOVE to see Learning to Live live.

ShatteredFlame
07-05-2011, 10:40 AM
Count Of Toscany is one of the worst DT songs ahahah the lyrics make me laugh out loud.

Personal fave DT song. I usually skip to the last 5 or so minutes, but damn is that one of the cheesiest pieces of music ever. Pure gold!

MPF
07-05-2011, 11:03 AM
What I love most about this set is that I've seen Dream Theater on their last 4 headlining tours, and I've only seen HALF of this setlist live. That is a very good sign.

I'll be ok if I don't hear As I Am, Pull Me Under, The Spirit Carries On, and Panic Attack for a tour or two.

velvetgrass
07-05-2011, 11:04 AM
I love Dream Theater, but I'm not the biggest fan in the world because I don't have four of their albums (When Dream And Day Unite, Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis Pt. 2, & Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence). They weren't at the library so that's why I don't have them but I hope to buy them in the near future. So I actually only know 8 songs from this setlist including the new one On The Backs Of Angels.

I am really happy to see These Walls, Forsaken, and The Count Of Tuscany in this setlist. I know you guys are going to diss me on this one because it's a "mainstream" song but I wish Panic Attack was in this set. It would also be great to see Sacrificed Sons, A Rite Of Passage, Prophets Of War, and Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper sometime this tour.

But putting my criticisms aside, this setlist is great. I like that they're including deep cuts for the hardcore DT fans and playing a set that spans their whole career. BTW, what's Mike Portnoy doing now that he's not in DT and A7X? The last I heard he was in a Beatles cover band called Yellow Matter Custard.

MPF
07-05-2011, 11:10 AM
I love Dream Theater, but I'm not the biggest fan in the world because I don't have four of their albums (When Dream And Day Unite, Falling Into Infinity, Metropolis Pt. 2, & Six Degrees Of Inner Turbulence). They weren't at the library so that's why I don't have them but I hope to buy them in the near future. So I actually only know 8 songs from this setlist including the new one On The Backs Of Angels.

I am really happy to see These Walls, Forsaken, and The Count Of Tuscany in this setlist. I know you guys are going to diss me on this one because it's a "mainstream" song but I wish Panic Attack was in this set. It would also be great to see Sacrificed Sons, A Rite Of Passage, Prophets Of War, and Metropolis Pt. 1: The Miracle And The Sleeper sometime this tour.

But putting my criticisms aside, this setlist is great. I like that they're including deep cuts for the hardcore DT fans and playing a set that spans their whole career. BTW, what's Mike Portnoy doing now that he's not in DT and A7X? The last I heard he was in a Beatles cover band called Yellow Matter Custard.

He's got 2 bands that are putting out albums in the near future, one with Adrenaline Mob featuring Russell Allen of Symphony X (Groove Metal) and one band that is currently unnamed featuring Neal Morse, Steve Morse, Dave LaRue and Casey McPherson.

He also has a project he will be recording drums for in 2 weeks that in completely unknown except for the fact that Eddie Trunk is getting a huge hard on for it, so my guess is that he is the new drummer of U.F.O. :tongue:

gilpdawg
07-05-2011, 02:24 PM
What I love most about this set is that I've seen Dream Theater on their last 4 headlining tours, and I've only seen HALF of this setlist live. That is a very good sign.

I'll be ok if I don't hear As I Am, Pull Me Under, The Spirit Carries On, and Panic Attack for a tour or two.
Especially that damn Panic Attack. I mean, I like it, but shit, I've probably seen it 6 times now.

I think I've seen every song on this set except for Ytse Jam in it's entirety and the new one. But I've seen DT 14 times so I've pretty much seen the whole catalog at one point.

the chewbacca defense
07-07-2011, 03:02 PM
This almost seems like an anti Portnoy setlist. Under a Glass Moon :eek: Learning to Live :party: Endless Sacrifice. If they keep this set or something similar when they come back here, i will be very happy. I think i recall Portnoy saying that he didn't like the Awake album, thats why so few of it ever got played live

MPF
07-07-2011, 03:04 PM
This almost seems like an anti Portnoy setlist. Under a Glass Moon :eek: Learning to Live :party: Endless Sacrifice. If they keep this set or something similar when they come back here, i will be very happy. I think i recall Portnoy saying that he didn't like the Awake album, thats why so few of it ever got played live

That would be Falling Into Infinity.

Not because of the music, but everything that was going on between DT and the label at the time. They almost broke up because of the lack of control they were experiencing.

IrritatedTrout
07-07-2011, 04:14 PM
These Walls is the most underrated DT song.

It's actually just about the only DT song I like.

MPF
07-07-2011, 04:18 PM
It's actually just about the only DT song I like.

Whats the one(s)?

IrritatedTrout
07-07-2011, 04:48 PM
Whats the one(s)?

The other ones? Count of Tuscany, Pull Me Under, Home, and the single from Black Clouds (I forget the name) are all kinda cool.

the chewbacca defense
07-07-2011, 05:01 PM
and the single from Black Clouds (I forget the name) are all kinda cool.

Rite of Passage prob (which was played at the maiden tour) or Withered which was also a single

Dissimulate
07-07-2011, 06:34 PM
This definitely isn't bad, but it is missing a lot that I would want also. I really wish they would go back to the rotating sets, but Mangini not knowing much of the material would be a roadblock to that. How long was this set?

IrritatedTrout
07-07-2011, 06:50 PM
Rite of Passage prob (which was played at the maiden tour) or Withered which was also a single

Yeah, Rite of Passage.

dponzo
07-10-2011, 08:11 AM
I liked a lot the setlist they played!!! Of course I would chance a song or two...specially the SHITTY Forsaken... man, how I hate this crappy song!!!! :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

I would choose A Nightmare instead of The Count... but the set list is very good!!!! looking forward to see them live in São Paulo again!!!!!

PS: sorry guys, but Pull Me Under is their Starway to Haven.... just HAVE TO PLAY IT

the chewbacca defense
07-10-2011, 04:10 PM
This definitely isn't bad, but it is missing a lot that I would want also. I really wish they would go back to the rotating sets, but Mangini not knowing much of the material would be a roadblock to that. How long was this set?

looks like its at around 2 hours (count of tuscany alone is near 20 minutes

TBM
09-08-2011, 08:40 AM
I'm glad they still play The Great Debate. One of my favourites. Peruvian skies and learning to live are great too but these walls is the worst DT song in my opinion

MPF
09-08-2011, 12:17 PM
I'm glad they still play The Great Debate. One of my favourites. Peruvian skies and learning to live are great too but these walls is the worst DT song in my opinion

Oh we are going to get along just fine....

:tongue:

Maidenmagic
09-08-2011, 12:29 PM

Disagree about These Walls. I think it's great. In my opinion, the worst DT song is Prophets of War.

velvetgrass
09-08-2011, 01:16 PM
Disagree about These Walls. I think it's great. In my opinion, the worst DT song is Prophets of War.

I totally disagree. The first Dream Theater album I heard was Systematic Chaos and Prophets Of War along with Forsaken and Repentance were the songs that ultimately got me hooked onto their music and inspired me to get some more of their albums.

Maiden33
09-08-2011, 01:30 PM
I'm nominating This Dying Soul for worst DT song. Suck it.

MPF
09-08-2011, 01:32 PM
I'm nominating This Dying Soul for worst DT song. Suck it.

Seriously? Out of EVERY DT song, this is the worst? Woah...

Maiden33
09-08-2011, 01:36 PM
Seriously? Out of EVERY DT song, this is the worst? Woah...

It's easily in my bottom 10, which honestly only includes songs off of like 4 DT albums, haha.

velvetgrass
09-08-2011, 01:38 PM
6:00 or Constant Motion are probably my least favorite Dream Theater songs that I know off the top of my head. Neither of those songs are bad but sometimes they annoy me.

But I'm not the most fit fan to judge DT material, I only have listened to six Dream Theater albums: Images And Words, Awake, Train Of Thought, Octavarium, Systematic Chaos, and Black Clouds & Silver Linings because those were the only ones the libraries near me had. On a more positive note, I did just buy Six Degrees Of Inner Turublence off iTunes and I am psyched to listen to that whenever I get a chance. Just started my first semester of my freshman year of college three days ago so it might be a couple weeks though until I get to listen to SDOIT.

MPF
09-08-2011, 01:47 PM
It's easily in my bottom 10, which honestly only includes songs off of like 4 DT albums, haha.

Well that does make sense. To me TOT is one of my favorites because it was the first DT album I heard, Followed by Images and Words, and so on and so forth.

That said, This Dying Soul is the weakest song on the album.