I Am Ahab
Seabeast
Capillarian Crest
Bladecatcher
Colony of Birchmen
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder
The Bit (Melvins)

:bowdown: A set even better than the one at Graspop. It was a great show, and I met Brent after the show, which made everything so much more fucking awesome than it already was. :cool: Now, my Divinations vinyl has been signed by all of Mastodon. The only down to the evening was that me and my friend both caught Brann's drumstick after the show, and I felt bad for him since he hadn't caught any drumsticks before, and this was his first Mastodon show (second for me), so I let go and let him have it. Wrong decision or not, I'm sure there'll be another chance. :fist:

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 02:28 PM
Dat setlist :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Dat setlist :drool: :drool: :drool: :drool:

It may be one of the coolest sets I've even seen live. I consider myself lucky :D The show started around 9pm, ended around half past 12.

jd091
07-04-2011, 02:55 PM
Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Where Strides the Behemoth
Mother Puncher
Circle of Cysquatch
Aqua Dementia
Crack The Skye
Ghost of Karelia
Sleeping Giant
The Czar
The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
I Am Ahab
Seabeast
Capillarian Crest
Bladecatcher
Colony of Birchmen
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder
The Bit (Melvins)

:bowdown: A set even better than the one at Graspop. It was a great show, and I met Brent after the show, which made everything so much more fucking awesome than it already was. :cool: Now, my Divinations vinyl has been signed by all of Mastodon. The only down to the evening was that me and my friend both caught Brann's drumstick after the show, and I felt bad for him since he hadn't caught any drumsticks before, and this was his first Mastodon show (second for me), so I let go and let him have it. Wrong decision or not, I'm sure there'll be another chance. :fist:

HOLY SHIT THAT SET!!

And you should have kept that stick. It's fun being in the "I-caught-a-stick-from-Brann" club. ;)

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 02:56 PM
HOLY SHIT THAT SET!!

And you should have kept that stick. It's fun being in the "I-caught-a-stick-from-Brann" club. ;)

Honestly, it went on for so long I felt as though they were playing their whole catalog.

I thought of you during the whole argument. I just didn't want to possibly get into a fight with him, and let him have it. It's better he has the stick, we stay friends and he feels guilty about it, than I keep the stick, feel guilty about it and we quit being friends.

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 03:07 PM
It may be one of the coolest sets I've even seen live. I consider myself lucky :D The show started around 9pm, ended around half past 12.

Hot damn! Mastodon deliver live, that's for sure. They put on the best Metal performance I've seen to date. Granted the best set I saw from them wasn't nearly as long, but it was better because of one reason.

Oblivion
Divination
Quintessence
The Czar
Ghost of Karelia
Crack the Skye
The Last Baron
Sleeping Giant
Circle of Cysquatch
Crystal Skull
Capillarian Crest
Megalodon
Seabeast
Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Hearts Alive :rocker: :drool: :bowdown: :shred: :bowdown: :drool: :rocker:

Guess what that reason is. ;)

mastodon421
07-04-2011, 03:08 PM
I think I have a boner from that set.

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 03:12 PM
Hot damn! Mastodon deliver live, that's for sure. They put on the best Metal performance I've seen to date. Granted the best set I saw from them wasn't nearly as long, but it was better because of one reason.

Oblivion
Divination
Quintessence
The Czar
Ghost of Karelia
Crack the Skye
The Last Baron
Sleeping Giant
Circle of Cysquatch
Crystal Skull
Capillarian Crest
Megalodon
Seabeast
Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Hearts Alive

Guess what that reason is. ;)

Uh, Seabeast? :confused:

I think I have a boner from that set.

:agree:

MPF
07-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Badass set. I guess Minnesota 09 was still the last time Mastodon ever played Hearts Alive. I feel proud until they play it again.

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 03:19 PM
Uh, Seabeast? :confused:

:bricks:

makethemsuffer12
07-04-2011, 03:26 PM
I kick myself everyday for not seeing them on the CTS tour. "The Last Baron" is one of my favorite songs ever, and now I'll probably never see it live. :(

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 03:30 PM
I kick myself everyday for not seeing them on the CTS tour. "The Last Baron" is one of my favorite songs ever, and now I'll probably never see it live. :(

Really? You must've been busy because I saw all of CTS live 3 times. I went a little overboard with it.

larvtard
07-04-2011, 04:51 PM

Not to rub it in your face, but "The Last Baron" is BY FAR the best song I've heard live, ever (Aside from Vektor, of course). But I'm sure they'll play it again. Don't worry.

oh yeah...

Iron Tusk
March of the Fire Ants
Where Strides the Behemoth
Mother Puncher
Circle of Cysquatch
Aqua Dementia
Crack The Skye
Sleeping Giant
The Czar
The Wolf Is Loose
Crystal Skull
Seabeast
Capillarian Crest
Bladecatcher
Megalodon
Blood and Thunder
The Bit (Melvins)

:drool::drool::rocker::drool::drool:

makethemsuffer12
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
Really? You must've been busy because I saw all of CTS live 3 times. I went a little overboard with it.

Not busy, just simply not into them at the time. I mean I liked Mastodon and knew their stuff, but I never listened to them on a more regular basis until after the CTS touring cycle.

Epidemic Reign
07-04-2011, 04:56 PM
I just didn't want to possibly get into a fight with him, and let him have it. It's better he has the stick, we stay friends and he feels guilty about it, than I keep the stick, feel guilty about it and we quit being friends.

So basically you're paying this dude to be your friend.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
07-04-2011, 05:29 PM
You're a good friend. I've got a pick used by Bill, a signed copy of CTS, and a signed promo poster for the CTS release party. I've met the guys a few times and they're all really down to earth.

I can't begin to describe how jealous I am you got to see such an incredible set list....

Also, I'm REALLY glad they're starting to pull out some songs from Remission again! They pretty much ignored it on the last few tours with the exception of March of the Fire Ants.

masterguy49
07-04-2011, 06:08 PM
I hate you, so much.

I've never seen mastodon live :bouville:

jd091
07-04-2011, 06:33 PM
Also, I'm REALLY glad they're starting to pull out some songs from Remission again! They pretty much ignored it on the last few tours with the exception of March of the Fire Ants.

Yeah, this. I was fortunate enough to see Mother Puncher AND March, and it was a festival set!

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 06:43 PM
In the 4 times I've seen them, I've seen 4 songs off Remission live.

Crusher Destroyer, March of the Fire Ants, Where Strides The Behemoth, and Mother Puncher.

TonyD
07-04-2011, 10:18 PM
How long was this? I've seen them play 6-7 times and they've never gone over 90 minutes.

Onioner
07-04-2011, 10:41 PM
How long was this? I've seen them play 6-7 times and they've never gone over 90 minutes.

Even though the reviewer is saying that the show was 3 and a half hours long, I seriously doubt it was more than 2 and a half, if that. The only "epic" on the setlist is The Czar, the rest are all about 5 minutes or less. Unless the band has become talkative or really jammy all of a sudden, they probably just ripped through the songs one after another like they usually do. Also, the band has been doing setlists of this length on many of their European headlining dates in the past few weeks. Could it be that Mastodon have finally gotten their shit together live?

Oh and I guess I have to give an obligatory HOLY FUCK THIS SETLIST :drool:

LAXdef16
07-04-2011, 10:51 PM
I hate you, so much.

I've never seen mastodon live :bouville:

Neither have I :eyes:

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 11:14 PM

9:15 - 9:45 - Russian sludge metal band MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE
10:00 - 11:25 - MASTODON

mankvill
07-04-2011, 11:33 PM
9:15 - 9:45 - Russian sludge metal band MONTEZUMA'S REVENGE

I bet they sound like shit (http://instantrimshot.com/)

brutal_descent
07-04-2011, 11:43 PM
I bet they sound like shit (http://instantrimshot.com/)

NICE AVATAR FAGGOT

Well, they sounded to me like Corrosion of Conformity. I spoke to their singer/guitarist afterwards, and he said that they try to play sludge, but I think some of their songs were way too fast to be sludge.

mankvill
07-05-2011, 12:42 AM
NICE AVATAR FAGGOT

Well, they sounded to me like Corrosion of Conformity. I spoke to their singer/guitarist afterwards, and he said that they try to play sludge, but I think some of their songs were way too fast to be sludge.

my monkey laughs at how you didn't even get my joke in my last post

brutal_descent
07-05-2011, 01:07 AM
my monkey laughs at how you didn't even get my joke in my last post

I get it, I actually know what Montezuma's Revenge is. :cool:

christopher
07-05-2011, 04:04 AM
I get it, I actually know what Montezuma's Revenge is. :cool:

Yes, its that terrible ride at Knott's Berry Farm:lol:

brutal_descent
07-05-2011, 04:05 AM
Yes, its that terrible ride at Knott's Berry Farm:lol:

Whoever runs this site should've made a facepalm smiley, that would be quite appropriate right now.

christopher
07-05-2011, 04:09 AM
Whoever runs this site should've made a facepalm smiley, that would be quite appropriate right now.

haha don't judge me. I've been up for almost 24 hours straight, about to go back into wor and feeling a little delusional. Anyways, a facepalm smiley is needed. I was looking for one the other day to use in another thread

jd091
07-05-2011, 05:27 AM

That is what this is for!

http://images.sodahead.com/polls/001734093/555076647_picard_facepalm_answer_5_xlarge.jpeg

TNG, the only way to go, bitches.