For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman
-----
Am I Evil? (w/ Megadeth & Anthrax)
Damage, Inc.
Creeping Death

Swapping out Wherever I May Roam for Ride The Lightning?

Bueno...

velvetgrass
07-03-2011, 04:24 PM
Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Shortest Straw
Seek & Destroy
Welcome Home (Sanitarium)
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
The Call of Ktulu
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman
-----
Damage, Inc.
Creeping Death

Bueno...

Yeah I like Wherever I May Roam and Battery better than Ride The Lightning and Damage, Inc. personally. But not a bad setlist by any means. My only compliant once again is that they cut out Fuel from both these spectacular new European format setlists.

christopher
07-03-2011, 04:40 PM
Thats one of the best sets I've seen by them in a long ass time!!!

rjturtle9
07-03-2011, 04:58 PM
Getting better!

The_jman
07-03-2011, 06:19 PM
I would have rather had whereever I may roam and battery too, but rtl is awesome and all but I'm not a big damage inc. fan personally.

still a good set

bigguytoo9
07-03-2011, 07:58 PM
last time I saw Tallica they did Ride The Lightning. I still need to see them to either Fade To Black or DYERS EVE. 3 times and ive not seen em play either.

NickLed19
07-03-2011, 09:48 PM
Damage Inc.........EPIC

hellawaits77ny
07-03-2011, 09:57 PM
Damage Inc.........EPIC

Yup. This set better than last night's cause of Damage Inc and Ride The Lightning

Sepultura69
07-03-2011, 10:04 PM
Is it just me or is Metallica KEEPING IT REAL? seriously, these last 2 sets have been fan fucking tastic. They really need to bring sets like these to the U.S(WHEN EVER THEY COME BACK). Also, I'm not complaining one bit but seeing how they are playing Orion and Call of the Cthulu on their recent shows....any chance at busting out TO LIVE IS TO DIE? Holy shit that would be amazing :drool:

Eitherway I gotta give props to the boys at Metllica. These recent sets have blown me away. Keep up the great job

llama lom
07-03-2011, 10:17 PM
Also, I'm not complaining one bit but seeing how they are playing Orion and Call of the Cthulu on their recent shows....any chance at busting out TO LIVE IS TO DIE? Holy shit that would be amazing :drool:

Fucking this. I prefer TLITD over the other two honestly. The minute they play that song in full live, I will be a happy camper.

DisposableJustice
07-03-2011, 11:52 PM
Is it just me or is Metallica KEEPING IT REAL? seriously, these last 2 sets have been fan fucking tastic. They really need to bring sets like these to the U.S(WHEN EVER THEY COME BACK). Also, I'm not complaining one bit but seeing how they are playing Orion and Call of the Cthulu on their recent shows....any chance at busting out TO LIVE IS TO DIE? Holy shit that would be amazing :drool:

Eitherway I gotta give props to the boys at Metllica. These recent sets have blown me away. Keep up the great job

This...would love to see TLITD or Ktulu here.....I kind feel like we got cheated at Indio, with Europe getting these kick ass sets so far

BTW Sets for other 3:

Slayer

Disciple
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Hate Worldwide
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

A little better with Suicide and Warfare....really too bad they are not getting more time

Megadeth

Trust
In My Darkest Hour
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Head Crusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

MEH

Anthrax

Caught in a Mosh
Madhouse
Got the Time
Among the Living
Antisocial
Indians
Fight 'Em Till You Can't
Metal Thrashing Mad
Medusa
I Am The Law

How does Anthrax manage to get more songs then 'Deth?

hellawaits77ny
07-03-2011, 11:58 PM
....any chance at busting out TO LIVE IS TO DIE? Holy shit that would be amazing :drool:

I doubt it. I'd love it, though.

slapguitarer
07-04-2011, 12:00 AM
Megadeth

Trust
In My Darkest Hour
Hangar 18
Wake Up Dead
Head Crusher
Symphony of Destruction
Peace Sells
Holy Wars... The Punishment Due

Megadeth are so bad at comming up with setlists. I'm assuming this is what I'll get at Mayhem, minus a song or two. Hopefully they throw in a something like Rattlehead, which they did at the July 2nd show. :snivel:

hellawaits77ny
07-04-2011, 12:11 AM
Megadeth are so bad at comming up with setlists. I'm assuming this is what I'll get at Mayhem, minus a song or two. Hopefully they throw in a something like Rattlehead, which they did at the July 2nd show. :snivel:

True dat. Lamish set

El Gordo
07-04-2011, 05:54 AM
Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
The Shortest Straw
Seek & Destroy
Ride the Lightning
The Memory Remains
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
The Call of Ktulu
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman
-----
Damage, Inc.
Creeping Death

Bueno...

That is a great set. Unfortunately, it's played by the Metallica of 2011... who can't seem to play their way out of a wet paper bag. Seriously, has anyone watched them lately? Hetfield's voice is so weak now, and Lars' drumming is pathetically sloppy. I'd love to see this set played by Metallica circa 1989 or so but honestly the modern Metallica is so far gone from what they used to be.

TheClairvoyant
07-04-2011, 06:14 AM
Holy shit.. I hope Metallica keep a very similar set for the BIG 4 on Friday when I see them, hopefully Megadeth will cut the shit and play more songs though, their set was awful -___-

HackedUpForBBQ
07-04-2011, 09:39 AM
Fuck yeah Metallica, five songs off of Ride the Lightning

MetalIsArt
07-04-2011, 10:05 AM
Fuck yeah Metallica, five songs off of Ride the Lightning

Their best album, don't ya agree? ;)

Sepultura69
07-04-2011, 12:52 PM
This...would love to see TLITD or Ktulu here.....I kind feel like we got cheated at Indio, with Europe getting these kick ass sets so far

Meh, I don't feel cheated. We got a much better slayer set than them and The metallica set isn't THAT much different than the indio show. They're almost identical..minus a couple of songs. We got all these songs at the indio show which were also at the Gothenburg Show this past sunday. But instead of getting Call of the Cthulu we got ORION :rocker:

Hit the Lights
Master of Puppets
Seek & Destroy
Ride the Lightning
All Nightmare Long
Sad But True
One
For Whom the Bell Tolls
Blackened
Fade to Black
Enter Sandman
-----
Creeping Death

07-04-2011, 01:34 PM
It was great show. Quite amaizing to hear The Call Of Ktulu, which is one of my favorit. I wanted to hear Battery :blaze:

Blacktooth85
07-04-2011, 02:00 PM
Yeah I like Wherever I May Roam and Battery better than Ride The Lightning and Damage, Inc. personally. But not a bad setlist by any means. My only compliant once again is that they cut out Fuel from both these spectacular new European format setlists.

Have you lost your mind? Ride the Lightning and Damage Inc. are incredible! If you want Wherever i May Roam and Fuel, turn on the damn radio.

NickLed19
07-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Have you lost your mind? Ride the Lightning and Damage Inc. are incredible! If you want Wherever i May Roam and Fuel, turn on the damn radio.

True that.

velvetgrass
07-04-2011, 06:11 PM

Um, I've never heard Wherever I May Roam on the radio. Milwaukee really doesn't have any good metal stations. The only Metallica songs I've ever heard on the radio are Enter Sandman and the Turn The Stone cover. I understand where you guys are coming from if you guys actually grew up in the 80s/90s when Metallica was on the radio all the time. But for the newer fans (not the new music, I mean getting into them newer) we didn't hear those songs over and over again like a lot of you metal veterans so we're not sick of them yet. And you guys are telling me that Battery shouldn't stay in the setlist? WTF

velvetgrass
07-04-2011, 06:16 PM
And I never said Ride The Lightning and Damage Inc. are bad songs. I mean I love Damage Inc. It was just a matter of preference.

NickLed19
07-04-2011, 07:45 PM
Um, I've never heard Wherever I May Roam on the radio. Milwaukee really doesn't have any good metal stations. The only Metallica songs I've ever heard on the radio are Enter Sandman and the Turn The Stone cover. I understand where you guys are coming from if you guys actually grew up in the 80s/90s when Metallica was on the radio all the time. But for the newer fans (not the new music, I mean getting into them newer) we didn't hear those songs over and over again like a lot of you metal veterans so we're not sick of them yet. And you guys are telling me that Battery shouldn't stay in the setlist? WTF

I hear Wherever I May Roam all the time on the radio. And Turn The Stone? You mean Turn the Page?

velvetgrass
07-04-2011, 08:58 PM
I hear Wherever I May Roam all the time on the radio. And Turn The Stone? You mean Turn the Page?

Yeah I meant the Bob Seger cover. I don't listen to Garage Inc. that much so I got the title screwed up. Not because it's bad, it's because it's 2 discs.

MPF
07-04-2011, 09:16 PM
Yeah I meant the Bob Seger cover. I don't listen to Garage Inc. that much so I got the title screwed up. Not because it's bad, it's because it's 2 discs.

..........K?

:confused::confused::confused:

ijwthstd
07-05-2011, 12:25 PM
This is the Anthrax setlist according to the live broadcast (which can be found on Dime A Dozen)

1. Caught in a Mosh
2. Madhouse
3. Antisocial
4. Indians
5. Fight 'em 'til You Can't
6. Only
7. Refuse/Resist
8. I Am the Law

makethemsuffer12
07-05-2011, 12:36 PM
This is the Anthrax setlist according to the live broadcast (which can be found on Dime A Dozen)

1. Caught in a Mosh
2. Madhouse
3. Antisocial
4. Indians
5. Fight 'em 'til You Can't
6. Only
7. Refuse/Resist
8. I Am the Law

Srsly?

brutal_descent
07-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Srsly?

This. I can't picture Anthrax playing Sepultura. :lol:

Sanitarium78
07-05-2011, 12:59 PM
This. I can't picture Anthrax playing Sepultura. :lol:

Well that depends, did Scott do lead vocals on it? If so, it should sound OK. Joey's voice doesn't fit with it at all though.

velvetgrass
07-05-2011, 01:17 PM
Well that depends, did Scott do lead vocals on it? If so, it should sound OK. Joey's voice doesn't fit with it at all though.

I thought I heard Scott wasn't playing these shows. Well I know he wasn't playing at least the July 2 one.

velvetgrass
07-05-2011, 01:19 PM
Yeah, according to setlist.fm-
Andreas Kisser of Sepultura replaced Scott Ian on this show

Sanitarium78
07-05-2011, 01:20 PM
I thought I heard Scott wasn't playing these shows. Well I know he wasn't playing at least the July 2 one.

WTF??????

There is no Anthrax without Scott. His playing IS Anthrax.

That's like Sabbath getting back together and then saying they gotta do some shows without Iommi.

Blacktooth85
07-05-2011, 02:19 PM

Yeah here in St. Louis we don't have any metal stations either. Metallica is one a the few true metal bands that gets radio play on "rock" stations. And they always play the singles from The "Black Album" Load and Reload mostly. You'll hear Master of Puppets and One every so often.

Sanitarium78
07-05-2011, 04:17 PM
No city has any metal stations anymore. Metallica gets played on the local rock and classic rock stations all the time though.

My local rock station here plays Metallica a good amount. These are the songs that are in regular rotation:

For Whom The Bell Tolls
Fade To Black
Master Of Puppets
Sanitarium
One
Enter Sandman
Sad But True
The Unforgiven
Wherever I May Roam
King Nothing
Fuel
The Day That Never Comes
All Nightmare Long
Cyanide

The songs off DM aren't played that often now but during 2008 and 2009 they were played a ton.

mankvill
07-05-2011, 04:29 PM
Metallica gets played on my local rock station all the time, and every Monday-Saturday at 9 PM they have a three-shot of Metallica that usually is Popular Song/Cover song or new song/deep cut and it's awesome.

Sanitarium78
07-05-2011, 04:48 PM
Metallica gets played on my local rock station all the time, and every Monday-Saturday at 9 PM they have a three-shot of Metallica that usually is Popular Song/Cover song or new song/deep cut and it's awesome.

My local rock station does that. Every weeknight at 10 they have a thing called "Mandatory Metallica". It's pretty much the same as yours, with a popular song followed by a couple deep cuts.

Crumbs
07-06-2011, 12:13 AM
Srsly?

Andreas Kisser filled in for Scott Ian so they just di the intro, 30-40 seconds of Refuse/Resist. Really cool.