PDA

View Full Version : Help my band (Necromance) make its proper debut album!

Maiden33
07-03-2011, 12:59 PM
Hey everyone - I'm sure the long-term regulars here are familiar with my band by this point: Necromance. We've been together for about 7 years now, maturing all the while, and are finally ready to take the big leap into making a professional quality studio album - the only issue is that we need YOUR help. There are rewards for the various pledge levels, and ANYTHING helps.

Project link:
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1363046464/necromance-pro-album-project

For anyone who has yet to hear us and is curious:
http://www.necromancetheband.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/Necromancerocks
http://www.reverbnation.com/necromance

mankvill
07-03-2011, 02:49 PM
:fist: best of luck to you!

Wizzbang11
07-03-2011, 08:12 PM
As a contributor, I vote you guys take some influence from the legendary guitar work of Alex "Pogrom" something-or-other. (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kJoANg1jvUA)

BloodoftheKings
07-03-2011, 08:16 PM
Will donate sometime soon.

SomewhereInTime72
07-03-2011, 10:49 PM
I'd like to donate to this because your band is the shit but right now I am broker than broke :money::snivel:. If I can find the moolah to spare though I'll definitely pitch in. :D

Maiden33
07-05-2011, 09:13 AM
Thanks to anyone/everyone who has donated or helped spread the word. We're already on the verge of hitting the 50% mark for our $500 minimum goal, after only 2 days.

Also, we just got 100% confirmation that LORD/Dungeon guitarist "Lord" Tim Grose is going to be doing the final mix and master of the album!

Dextrimental
07-05-2011, 11:56 AM
I will donate on ONE condition.. First internationally sent copy of the album goes to me.. Or the second if Ravenheart gets one.. I'm saying this because I can then review it and throw it up on a couple of sites frequented by many Irish music fans!

SomewhereInTime72
07-05-2011, 03:21 PM
Thanks to anyone/everyone who has donated or helped spread the word. We're already on the verge of hitting the 50% mark for our $500 minimum goal, after only 2 days.

Also, we just got 100% confirmation that LORD/Dungeon guitarist "Lord" Tim Grose is going to be doing the final mix and master of the album!

Well that is pretty damn awesome.

maidenpriest
07-06-2011, 01:35 AM
Same boat as SomewhereInTime... if I can get some money to spare I'll gladly donate some.

jhdeity
07-06-2011, 02:13 PM
Not sure you're a True Blood fan or know anything about the show but you might want to familarize yoursefl with it.

Could be a good thing or bad thing...

ravenheart
07-06-2011, 04:51 PM
Not sure you're a True Blood fan or know anything about the show but you might want to familarize yoursefl with it.

Could be a good thing or bad thing...

What now?

Maiden33
07-06-2011, 04:58 PM
I will donate on ONE condition.. First internationally sent copy of the album goes to me.. Or the second if Ravenheart gets one.. I'm saying this because I can then review it and throw it up on a couple of sites frequented by many Irish music fans!

Sounds good to me, you've got yourself a deal.

By the way, donating/pre-ordering this way will be the only way to get the album for the first couple of weeks once it's out - we're not going to be selling copies any other way for a while.

jhdeity
07-07-2011, 12:13 PM
What now?

This season is based around Necromancers and the main villian is a coven of witches that bring things back to life and are a huge threat to Vampires who are obviously dead. Plus one of the band members kinda resembles one of the Vampires.

We all know they've had this name for years but surely people will think differently. Like I said could be spun into something good or perceived the other way also.

Good Luck with it either way. I would just educate myself on it since it's one of the biggest shows of the Summer in the US and is getting bigger as the hype grows. I'm sure you'll be asked about it at some point.

mankvill
07-07-2011, 12:17 PM
This season is based around Necromancers and the main villian is a coven of witches that bring things back to life and are a huge threat to Vampires who are obviously dead. Plus one of the band members kinda resembles one of the Vampires.

We all know they've had this name for years but surely people will think differently. Like I said could be spun into something good or perceived the other way also.

Good Luck with it either way. I would just educate myself on it since it's one of the biggest shows of the Summer in the US and is getting bigger as the hype grows. I'm sure you'll be asked about it at some point.

"Necromancy" has been around a lot longer in popular media than True Blood :lol:

jhdeity
07-07-2011, 10:07 PM
"Necromancy" has been around a lot longer in popular media than True Blood :lol:

Not with cool people. :tp:

mankvill
07-07-2011, 10:23 PM
Not with cool people. :tp:

excuse me, but last time I checked, D&D is cool :mad:

SomewhereInTime72
07-08-2011, 12:19 PM
excuse me, but last time I checked, D&D is cool :mad:

:rocker: :rocker: :rocker:

Maiden33
07-08-2011, 06:42 PM
I actually tried to get into True Blood a long while back, and didn't care much for it. Either way, I don't really see what it matters. The band has had this name since 2004, and the only knowledge I need about the show is that if people ask if the name has anything to do with the show, to simply say: "No". I don't really think it needs to go any further than that.

By the way, after a mere 5 days, we're up to $450!

As I had mentioned, LORD/Dungeon guitarist/vocalist "Lord" Tim Grose will be doing the final mix/master, as well as playing a guest solo, and we might be having a guest keyboard solo as well. There will be a big-time press release soon.

Maiden33
07-11-2011, 08:25 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mkxTDLldRs&feature=share

Official promo video for the project! We're at $487!

powerslave_85
07-11-2011, 09:33 PM
Pledged...and got you to the $500 mark :D

Maiden33
07-11-2011, 10:42 PM
Pledged...and got you to the $500 mark :D

Nice, thanks so much. It's nice to know we at least made it this far, and in only 8 days no less. But it's still a long road ahead of us. We set our Kickstarter goal at a very reasonable $500 so we knew we'd reach it, but ideally we'd like to see $1,000 realized from the project, so as to cover the studio time so we can just book it and get to work while we pool our money to get the physical product made. I know it won't be a hassle to hit at least $700 (I know at least a half dozen people who will pledge $20 yet), but getting above that may take some help. Hopefully we can get that promo video spread in as many places as possible.

powerslave_85
07-11-2011, 10:57 PM
If you need to, hit us up again. I'd be happy to give a bit more.

Maiden33
07-20-2011, 12:09 AM
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1363046464/necromance-pro-album-project

We're up to $625! I'm a little concerned that ever since we hit $500, people feel unobligated to donate since we hit the "minimum goal" - not realizing that we purposely set that number relatively low. We're looking to raise about $1000 from this project, which is more than possible if things keep going.

-This will be the only way to get a copy of the album upon immediate release.
-The first 40 people to donate (24 have already) will receive a free poster, regardless of what level they donate at.

By the way, as of this moment the album looks like it's going to consist of either 8 or 9 tracks, and be about 50 minutes long. We have 7 of the tracks set in stone, but not completely sure from there.

treghet
07-20-2011, 03:29 PM
I don't know how I missed this thread. Just donated to a very worthy cause.

Maiden33
07-21-2011, 02:09 AM
I don't know how I missed this thread. Just donated to a very worthy cause.

Thank you!

Maiden33
08-15-2011, 11:02 AM
Being that a surprisingly high number of you guys have contributed to this, I figured you'd be somewhat interested to know this. I just received an email on my band's account from someone who decided to rip us a new asshole for our decision to pursue this Kickstarter project. The content of the email was as follows:

"You weenies have balls the size of an elephant to ask folks to donate money to finance your generic cd that isn't going to amount to shit! Pay your fuckin' dues just like the rest of us have done! "If you don't have the money". Famous words, huh? Looks like itís you all that don't have the money! Get fucking jobs and pay for your production yourselves instead crying the poverty roll in your little video on FB. You should be kicked out of the music community for even suggesting such an idiotic notion, and asking people to donate their hard earned money during a recession! Absolutely pathetic!!! Stick to what you do best... keep playing your little pubs and dives, tools!"

powerslave_85
08-15-2011, 11:03 AM
Hahaha, what? Isn't that the whole fucking point of Kickstarter?

mankvill
08-15-2011, 11:25 AM
It's not like you're just going "GIB MONI PLZ HEUHEUEHUE", you're actually giving incentives to those who donate. He's just rectumpained.

SomewhereInTime72
08-17-2011, 11:25 PM
"You weenies have balls the size of an elephant to ask folks to donate money to finance your generic cd that isn't going to amount to shit! Pay your fuckin' dues just like the rest of us have done! "If you don't have the money". Famous words, huh? Looks like it’s you all that don't have the money! Get fucking jobs and pay for your production yourselves instead crying the poverty roll in your little video on FB. You should be kicked out of the music community for even suggesting such an idiotic notion, and asking people to donate their hard earned money during a recession! Absolutely pathetic!!! Stick to what you do best... keep playing your little pubs and dives, tools!"

http://img577.imageshack.us/img577/2172/1306351399997.jpg

lol

Butcher of Birth
08-18-2011, 02:30 PM
$30 I gave you didn't get you over the line? ;) haha I know it wasn't a lot, but it was what I could spare!

Butcher of Birth
08-18-2011, 02:35 PM
"...during a recession!"

I thought it was over... It started again?! SHIT! :flame:

In the end, that guy is just pissed because no one wants to listen to his band. You know... Pencil Queef. They are kinda like a dub step act that combine their style with southern rock/hip hop, religious iconography with a Saved By The Bell theme, and samples of obscure national anthems you have properly never heard of.

Maiden33
08-29-2011, 10:01 AM
There is officially about 72 hours left to contribute, so this is the home stretch! We've raised $855 thus far, really hoping to break $900 by Thursday morning. I can't thank those who have contributed enough, I was pleasantly surprised by how many of you guys did.

Maiden33
09-01-2011, 01:40 PM
The Kickstarter project has officially ended, raising a total of $981! I can't thank those of you who donated enough. I believe 6 or 7 of you contributed!

dcmetal108
09-01-2011, 02:14 PM
I planned on donating because I'd love a signed cd and my name in there but unfortunatly bills came at the same time and I don't get payed till next weekend so I had no extra cash for you guys.