# My Empty Room
# Eyes Of A Stranger
# Della Brown
# --New Years Countdown---
# Last Time In Paris
# Silent Lucidity

Maidenmagic
07-03-2011, 10:07 AM
Silent Lucidity as the last song? What were they thinking?

Sanitarium78
07-03-2011, 10:20 AM
Silent Lucidity as the last song? What were they thinking?

They were thinking "It's 1991 and Silent Lucidity is our biggest song ever right now, so let's send the crowd home happy"

sarsip
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
They did the same when they closed Rocklahoma. Terrible song for an end.

girnny777
07-03-2011, 12:18 PM
So they do all of Operation Mindcrime...

except Speak?

Maiden33
07-03-2011, 12:41 PM
Considering their back catalog at the time, that's a pretty terrible setlist.

Travis The Dragon
07-03-2011, 01:23 PM
So they do all of Operation Mindcrime...

except Speak?

That website has to be wrong. There's no way in hell they left out Speak.

gilpdawg
07-03-2011, 02:54 PM
That website has to be wrong. There's no way in hell they left out Speak.
I don't think that's right at all. Typically on that tour Last Time In Paris was before Mindcrime, and yes, they did play all of Mindcrime.

es156
07-03-2011, 06:41 PM
I don't think that's right at all. Typically on that tour Last Time In Paris was before Mindcrime, and yes, they did play all of Mindcrime.

When I saw this leg of the tour they played Last Time In Paris during the encore. They did not play it on the first leg of the tour. And they definitely played all of Mindcrime including Speak. The Empire tour was the first time that Mindcrime was played in it's entirety.

Link (http://www.metalsetlists.com/showthread.php?t=186&highlight=queensryche)

bennythedog
07-06-2011, 01:51 PM
A few things I remember about this tour..

1. Suicidal Tendencies opened when I saw them at the Rosemont Horizon (Chicago).
2. They had a treadmill on stage so Geoff could "walk the thin line" while singing... one of the cheeziest things I've ever seen.
3. Roads to Madness was a shortened version... That sucked!!
4. No Take Hold Of The Flame! Curses!!

This concert was the beginning of the end for me as a QR fan. All of them after this, with the one exception when they recorded their 20th anniversary tour (live:evolution), have been D- at best.

Force10
07-06-2011, 03:02 PM
I saw this tour in Albany NY. Suicidal opened.
I also recall a basketball hoop for one of the songs and Tate tried about 4 times before he made the layup - more hints of the demise that was on the way...

converge241
07-07-2011, 05:56 AM
I went to the Providence stop

I still LOL @ the basketball hoop @ during Best I Can

but a truly awesome show/tour..

p.s. I liked later on (either the Promised Land or Hear In The Now Frontier tour) when they would do a mini mindcrime and work "The Real World" into it..GODDAMN i love that song and it fit well

p.s.s. I ahve now seen them do Mindcrime so many times in its entirety (4 and then of course partially as well) that im a little burnt out on it live but still my fav album of all time

Wrecking Crew
07-07-2011, 08:37 AM
I saw this tour in Salt Lake City and someone so forgettable that I can't even remember who it was opened, definitely not Suicidal. Great concert overall but it definitely had a couple of cheesy parts, and no Screaming in Digital was lame as I think it's their best non-Mindcrime song. I also remember they were too cheap to have the female singer along and all her parts were on videotape. Favorite part: Tate: "Does anyone here in Salt Lake City tonight believe in love?" Crowd cheers. "Well I don't." leading into I Don't Believe in Love.
The only Queensryche concerts I have seen are this one and the Mindcrime 2 tour about 5 years ago. I think the Mindcrime 2 tour had more interesting staging but musically the band isn't as good anymore.

Force10
07-07-2011, 08:38 AM
That's right - Best I Can had the basketball hoop.

I've them 6 times - twice with full Mindcrime. The 1991 show was indeed very good, despite Silent Lucidity closing the show instead of a rocker.

I never liked the mini mindcrime portions - just seemed a bit forced.

Unfortunately I doubt I'll ever go to another Ryche show again...

es156
07-07-2011, 09:44 PM
I saw this tour in Salt Lake City and someone so forgettable that I can't even remember who it was opened, definitely not Suicidal. Great concert overall but it definitely had a couple of cheesy parts, and no Screaming in Digital was lame as I think it's their best non-Mindcrime song. I also remember they were too cheap to have the female singer along and all her parts were on videotape. Favorite part: Tate: "Does anyone here in Salt Lake City tonight believe in love?" Crowd cheers. "Well I don't." leading into I Don't Believe in Love.
The only Queensryche concerts I have seen are this one and the Mindcrime 2 tour about 5 years ago. I think the Mindcrime 2 tour had more interesting staging but musically the band isn't as good anymore.

Suicidal opened on the first U.S. leg, Warrior Soul opened on the second leg.

es156
07-07-2011, 09:47 PM
p.s. I liked later on (either the Promised Land or Hear In The Now Frontier tour) when they would do a mini mindcrime and work "The Real World" into it..GODDAMN i love that song and it fit well

That would have been the Promised Land tour. I will post that set when I get a chance.

bennythedog
07-08-2011, 09:09 AM
That would have been the Promised Land tour. I will post that set when I get a chance.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dbD3jCG2uII

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=obeFNbrbm_g