PDA

View Full Version : Amon - "Liar In Wait"

the deathmetaler
06-28-2011, 04:40 PM
This is for anyone who cares and is keeping up with their updates.

http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159613

I believe that this album is going to sound incredible. Hopefully they'll bring something fresh to the album. Just not a Deicide part 2.

llama lom
06-28-2011, 07:23 PM
I'm actually looking forward this!

hellawaits77ny
06-28-2011, 08:37 PM
I'm actually looking forward this!

Me too

stylesclash516
06-28-2011, 10:27 PM
Me too

Me three.

OraclesofAgony
06-28-2011, 10:49 PM
While confirming that AMON will play several DEICIDE classics during the band's upcoming live shows — "We've gotta give it to the fans," says Eric — the guitarist remains adamant that any chances of a reunion with Glen and Steve remain slim.

If that includes a few songs off of Legion then I really want to see them live.

the deathmetaler
06-29-2011, 04:53 AM
If that includes a few songs off of Legion then I really want to see them live.

They'll most likely do what Cavalera Conspiracy did when they came out with their first album and toured. Play a few songs off of their debut album then play a bunch of songs from their previous band.

ravenheart
06-29-2011, 05:30 AM
They'll most likely do what Cavalera Conspiracy did when they came out with their first album and toured. Play a few songs off of their debut album then play a bunch of songs from their previous band.

More or less what ever "second" band does.

the deathmetaler
06-29-2011, 05:33 AM
More or less what ever "second" band does.

Exactly. But who cares? If they headline and play a bunch of Deicide classics, then I'm happy.

ravenheart
06-29-2011, 05:42 AM
Exactly. But who cares? If they headline and play a bunch of Deicide classics, then I'm happy.

I'm actually disappointed when bands don't play a few old things.

Generally though, I prefer them to bust out stuff the old band didn't/don't play. Like when Halford toured his first solo album and played stuff Priest weren't playing. That always makes for a FAR more interesting show.

the deathmetaler
06-29-2011, 06:10 AM

Generally though, I prefer them to bust out stuff the old band didn't/don't play. Like when Halford toured his first solo album and played stuff Priest weren't playing. That always makes for a FAR more interesting show.

I second that. The Hoffmans should throw in some really good old tunes.

the deathmetaler
06-29-2011, 08:17 AM
I know this is old to some people, but may be new to some. I found this pic of the Hoffman brothers in the studio back in April. Brian decided to grow his hair again. Their new guitars look sick.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-8WeWKIRhmk4/Tb_DCCWUWoI/AAAAAAAAAtY/H7E3_bGDGYw/s1600/amonapril1.jpg

OraclesofAgony
06-29-2011, 03:29 PM

That's why I'm hoping they'll play some stuff from Legion, the only song Glen and Deicide play from Legion now is Dead But Dreaming.

It would be awesome if they played some combination of Satan Spawn the Caco-Daemon, Trifixion, Repent to Die, or Holy Deception.

Dissimulate
06-29-2011, 07:53 PM
Holy shit. The dude has a seven string bass. By the sounds of it there will be some really technical bass playing and I love that, plus it has what sounds like the real creative core of old Deicide doing the writing.

the deathmetaler
06-30-2011, 03:38 PM
If anyone could help me find and post updates from the band, that would be great. Updates such as track listing, singles, videos, etc.

scrunt
09-10-2011, 02:30 PM
They have a website now; it says they are releasing a single on October 31. They are also selling T-shirts.

http://amon.mobi/amon/index.php

HackedUpForBBQ
09-10-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm interested in hearing this album when it finally comes out, and hopefully they'll do a tour to support it. I want to see how they compare to Deicide live

scrunt
09-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm interested in hearing this album when it finally comes out, and hopefully they'll do a tour to support it. I want to see how they compare to Deicide live

From Their website:

With the launch of our new CD - “ Liar in Wait” we plan on launching a full onslaught across America. Make sure to check out our tour info to catch us in your city.

I'm with you; I hope this all happens too.

:rocker:

scrunt
10-31-2011, 08:43 AM
The new single is supposed to come out tonight.

Interview from last month here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3JCFuwK1s9c

OraclesofAgony
10-31-2011, 06:34 PM
Really wish they'd release it already. Also the blabbermouth article gave the impression that the whole album was being released today when I read it about a month ago. Hopefully the album release isn't too far off.

OraclesofAgony
10-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Looks like their website can't handle hosting a launch like this. They should've used iTunes or something.

scrunt
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM
I'm pretty sure their website used to say iTunes on it; I assume that didn't work out. I doubt that site is able to handle much traffic of any sort so I guess I'll have to wait to buy it. I have been trying to register on their merchandise section, so I could buy it, for a few days now with no luck either. :(

OraclesofAgony
10-31-2011, 10:57 PM
I'm pretty sure their website used to say iTunes on it; I assume that didn't work out. I doubt that site is able to handle much traffic of any sort so I guess I'll have to wait to buy it. I have been trying to register on their merchandise section, so I could buy it, for a few days now with no luck either. :(

I already purchased it. Then the link wouldn't load for like half an hour, then it finally started downloading but the bit rate kept dipping down to like 25kB/sec. When it finally finished the file was corrupted. So yeah that was pretty lame. I'll have to wait to download it tomorrow I guess.

OraclesofAgony
10-31-2011, 11:00 PM
And it's just a video for the song "Among Us" for 2 bucks. Normally I wouldn't pay for something like that but since Eric is personally financing this project he could use the support. They haven't set a release date for the album yet I guess.

the deathmetaler
11-01-2011, 05:13 PM
This song fucking rips! I actually enjoyed this way more than I thought I was going to. I can't wait for the album to be released next month so I can get myself a copy.

Someguy89
11-05-2011, 01:48 PM
Yeah I agree, the song is really good ! :rocker:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aKDMM3PpXk4

GarageMetal468
11-05-2011, 11:23 PM
I guess I'll be the first to say that this isn't very good. It sounds like generic uninspired modern death metal and the song drags on, hard. I got my hopes up for this? :hmm:

Also, unnecessary seven string bass is unnecessary.

OraclesofAgony
11-06-2011, 01:57 AM
I agree that the seven string bass is pretty pointless, but I do happen to enjoy the song and I'm looking forward to hearing the rest of the album.

Epidemic Reign
11-06-2011, 01:34 AM
Holy wow. I've always thought of the Hoffman brothers as two guitarists who wrote incredible riffs while being totally incompetent in the lead department. Truth be told, I still think of them that way, but as long as they keep the solos in the revived "Amon" project as miniscule as they are in "Among Us" I think this will most blatantly blow the current incarnation of Deicide out of the water.

scrunt
05-25-2012, 02:43 PM
They just announced today that it is finally available to buy. Supposedly, it will be on iTunes but I don't see it there yet.

http://amon.mobi/amon/node/48

http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/amon24

OraclesofAgony
05-25-2012, 02:48 PM
I ordered the MP3s from CDBaby with Paypal.

The single they released is probably the worst song on the album I would say, even though I do like that song. It's kinda weird that they picked that song to showcase. The song right after it, "Eye of the Infinite" is way better with incredible leads.

Overall I like the album quite a bit.

OraclesofAgony
05-25-2012, 02:55 PM
As far as how it compares to new Deicide though, I would still pick "The Stench of Redemption" and probably even "To Hell with God" over this.