PDA

View Full Version : Bon Jovi -- London, England -- June 25th, 2011

jaysadler2
06-26-2011, 06:50 AM
Seen Bon Jovi a couple of times and thought I would do a little review on this show. Was at Hyde Park as part of the hard rock calling festival, just got myself a day ticket though.

Raise your hands
You give lova a bad name
Born to be my baby
We weren't born to follow
Lost Highway
It's my life
In these arms
Blaze of Glory
Lay your hands on me
Captain crash and the beauty queen from mars
Bad medicine/Pretty woman
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover - apparently a special request from someone)
When we were beautiful
I'll be there for you
Who says you can't go home
I'll sleep when i'm dead
Hey God
Have a nice day
Keep the faith

---------------------------
Encore 1:

Dry County
Wanted dead of alive
Someday I'll be a Saturday night
Livin' on a prayer

----------------------------
Encore 2:

Always
These Days
Blood on blood

Encore 3:

I love this town

Around 27 songs in total and they were on stage for 3 hours (19:20 - 22:20) and was amazing, one of my top ten gigs. They still put on an amazing show even though they are hitting sixty!

What I want to know is why don't more bigger, more established bands play 3 hour sets? And another thing, I looked at some of the previous setlists on this tour and each one is very different, I know bands like metallica and dream theater have unpredictable setlists, and I love it! I really wish bands like iron maiden would play longer shows, and chop and change there setlist each time....

The_jman
06-26-2011, 02:41 PM
The inclusion of these days in this set makes it awesome

Sanitarium78
06-26-2011, 03:32 PM
They still put on an amazing show even though they are hitting sixty!

Not quite. Tico is the oldest one at 57. Everyone else is like 50;)

I haven't cared about this band since I was like 13 but they always seem to give the fans their money's worth. They really put their 80s counterpart Def Leppard to shame when it comes to setlist selection.

NickLed19
06-26-2011, 04:32 PM
Not quite. Tico is the oldest one at 57. Everyone else is like 50;)

I haven't cared about this band since I was like 13 but they always seem to give the fans their money's worth. They really put their 80s counterpart Def Leppard to shame when it comes to setlist selection.

Yeah for sure. I am not a big Jovi fan, but I hear they are awesome live.

adamclark52
06-26-2011, 05:26 PM
As much as I hate to admit it, I've probably seen Bon Jovi ten times in the last few years, my wife LOVES him. While I'm not a fan, and I'm usually drunk, I will admit that he puts on a great, varied set if you are a hardcore fan and still fits in enough hits if you're a casual fan. And it usually has the same core song but cycles a lot of others in and out. You can see him three nights in a row and hear at least 50% different songs each night.

bobbie solo
06-26-2011, 08:05 PM
as said above, seeing setlists like these make the maiden shows that much more frustrating. i understand they have a major stage production that demands the same set night in and night out, but how about you dump the stage show? yeah its fun, but they are a HUGE band that can still sell out arenas w/o it. people want to hear diverse sets!

ravenheart
06-27-2011, 03:09 AM
Hey God and Dry County?! You motherfuckers! :mad::foaming:

jaysadler2
06-27-2011, 10:58 AM
Hey God and Dry County?! You motherfuckers! :mad::foaming:

Haha, yeah i was surprised too, was secretly hoping for Runaway and Wild is the wind.

Does anyone know why they don't play anything off of 7800 degrees fahrenhite. I know it probably has a mixed reception but would really love to see some of a these songs live

marker
06-27-2011, 11:03 AM
Haven't been into this band for decades,but I give them credit for being so huge still.I saw them in 86 and they were great.

davegl
07-01-2011, 03:52 AM
Haha, yeah i was surprised too, was secretly hoping for Runaway and Wild is the wind.

Does anyone know why they don't play anything off of 7800 degrees fahrenhite. I know it probably has a mixed reception but would really love to see some of a these songs live

They have played Only Lonely a few times on this tour. JBJ does not look happy to be playing it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2pAeuVa-G2Q

I love that album as well, but it is crazy the amount of deep cuts they have played on this tour,
I'd Die for you
Blood Money(JBJ Solo)
Let it Rock
Just Older
Diamond Ring
Never Say Goodbye
Open All Night
Homebound Train.
Miss Fourth of July
Radio Saved My Life tonight..etc

ravenheart
07-01-2011, 04:24 AM
I'd Die for you
Blood Money(JBJ Solo)
Let it Rock
Just Older
Diamond Ring
Never Say Goodbye
Open All Night
Homebound Train.
Miss Fourth of July
Radio Saved My Life tonight..etc

Don't forget 'Santa Fe'. I saw the live debut of that last year.

dponzo
07-10-2011, 07:15 AM
Seen Bon Jovi a couple of times and thought I would do a little review on this show. Was at Hyde Park as part of the hard rock calling festival, just got myself a day ticket though.

Raise your hands
You give lova a bad name
Born to be my baby
We weren't born to follow
Lost Highway
It's my life
In these arms
Blaze of Glory
Lay your hands on me
Captain crash and the beauty queen from mars
Bad medicine/Pretty woman
Hallelujah (Leonard Cohen cover - apparently a special request from someone)
When we were beautiful
I'll be there for you
Who says you can't go home
I'll sleep when i'm dead
Hey God
Have a nice day
Keep the faith

---------------------------
Encore 1:

Dry County
Wanted dead of alive
Someday I'll be a Saturday night
Livin' on a prayer

Encore 2:

Always
These Days
Blood on blood

Encore 3:

I love this town

Around 27 songs in total and they were on stage for 3 hours (19:20 - 22:20) and was amazing, one of my top ten gigs. They still put on an amazing show even though they are hitting sixty!

What I want to know is why don't more bigger, more established bands play 3 hour sets? And another thing, I looked at some of the previous setlists on this tour and each one is very different, I know bands like metallica and dream theater have unpredictable setlists, and I love it! I really wish bands like iron maiden would play longer shows, and chop and change there setlist each time....

Daaaaaaaaaaaaaaaamn!!! Raise Your Hands??? FAN-TAS-TIC!!! I wish they played this one in Sao Paulo´s gig last year... but it was a very good show!!! JBJ is still kicking ass... so is Richie!!!!!! :party: