PDA

View Full Version : Radiohead -- Glastonbury Festival, England -- June 23rd, 2011

mankvill
06-24-2011, 10:26 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/radiohead/2011/park-stage-glastonbury-festival-somerset-england-43d303e7.html

They were a fucking special guest on one of the smallest stages at the fest. God damn, that must've been amazing.

Lotus Flower
15 Step
Morning Mr Magpie
Little By Little
All I Need
Separator
Give Up The Ghost
Weird Fishes/Arpeggi
Staircase
I Might Be Wrong
Bloom
Reckoner
The Daily Mail
Encore:
Street Spirit (Fade Out)

Hope ya like The King Of Limbs and In Rainbows :allan:

masterguy49
06-24-2011, 10:28 PM
Good thing I LOVE In Rainbows.

All I Need :lovedup:

petrovar
06-24-2011, 11:05 PM
Good thing I LOVE In Rainbows.

All I Need :lovedup:

Agreed. In rainbows actually became my favorite Radiohead album. All I Need makes that set for me

Magson13
06-25-2011, 12:05 AM
I like that they're not playing Creep. All the guitar hero kiddies musta been pissed :P

velvetgrass
06-25-2011, 05:20 AM
Finally, they're actually doing what they already should have been doing: Promoting their new album, lol. The King Of Limbs is sort of like the Guns N Roses album Chinese Democracy. When both those albums came out there wasn't any promotion or touring done for them and I love both those albums.

Anyways, I love Radiohead and that's a great setlist. My only compliant is that it has no Kid A songs. But since it was a surprise festival show that is understandable and at least they're somewhat promoting The King Of Limbs now.

bigguytoo9
06-25-2011, 07:20 AM
Pretty freaking awesome setlist ill tell ya, saw Radiohead and The Liars play in Vancouver when In Rainbows came out. Glastonbury got a treat this year, Radiohead one night, U2 the next... holy shit.

jd091
06-25-2011, 08:02 AM
Hope ya like The King Of Limbs and In Rainbows :allan:

:/

ShatteredFlame
06-25-2011, 08:20 AM
Daft Punk does this all the time by randomly hoping on someone else's Madison Square Garden gig, and they never book a show there themselves. It annoys the shit out of me :mad:

So when is the Madison Square Garden Radiohead date coming? :drool:

OffbeatNixHex
06-25-2011, 11:56 AM
I like that they're not playing Creep. All the guitar hero kiddies musta been pissed :P

They rarely play creep. I have yet to see it live out of 6 shows I have been to.

mankvill
06-25-2011, 01:14 PM
They rarely play creep. I have yet to see it live out of 6 shows I have been to.

And that's how it should be. There is no RTTH/NOTB/HBTN at Radiohead shows. Seriously, I doubt they've ever played the same setlist twice. :rocker:

ijwthstd
06-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Speaking of Glastonbury, not a bad U2 set either. Hopefully the complete broadcast will turn up soon.

Main Set: Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways - Independent Women, Until the End of the World, One, Jerusalem - Where the Streets Have No Name - All You Need Is Love, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Movin' On Up, Stay, Beautiful Day - Rain, Elevation, Get On Your Boots, She Loves You - Vertigo - Garageland, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad - Jerusalem, Pride

Encore(s): With or Without You - Love Will Tear Us Apart, Yellow - Moment of Surrender, Out of Control

adamclark52
06-25-2011, 04:09 PM
Speaking of Glastonbury, not a bad U2 set either. Hopefully the complete broadcast will turn up soon.

Main Set: Even Better Than The Real Thing, The Fly, Mysterious Ways - Independent Women, Until the End of the World, One, Jerusalem - Where the Streets Have No Name - All You Need Is Love, I Will Follow, I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - Movin' On Up, Stay, Beautiful Day - Rain, Elevation, Get On Your Boots, She Loves You - Vertigo - Garageland, Sunday Bloody Sunday, Bad - Jerusalem, Pride

Encore(s): With or Without You - Love Will Tear Us Apart, Yellow - Moment of Surrender, Out of Control

I'm seeing U2 in a few weeks, I hope the set is similar to this. I'd like to hear All I Want is You and something off Pop or Zooropa.

adamclark52
06-25-2011, 04:12 PM

What are all the songs after the hyphens, covers/partial songs?

bigguytoo9
06-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Yeah Bono frequently quotes other songs or others sayings etc... in the concert. Sometimes its right in the middle of the song and other times its right after they finish but the band keeps on playing the groove for a bit.

bennythedog
06-27-2011, 06:40 AM
I'm seeing U2 in a few weeks, I hope the set is similar to this. I'd like to hear All I Want is You and something off Pop or Zooropa.

According to setlist.fm, they have had Zooropa in the some of the recent sets. That would be great to see!

I think they've been including part of Please at the end of one of the songs too.

John

adamclark52
06-28-2011, 08:52 AM
According to setlist.fm, they have had Zooropa in the some of the recent sets. That would be great to see!

I think they've been including part of Please at the end of one of the songs too.

John

The actual song Zooropa? Yeah, that would be awesome, and something I never thought I'd see. That whole album is actually great. I don't know why it's always overlooked.

bigguytoo9
06-28-2011, 01:57 PM
U2 has indeed been performing the title track Zooropa live. This concert got my fav from the album 'STAY'!! Wow, id love to see that one live.

emmeff1973
07-02-2011, 01:01 AM
This is a metal set list forum - not a horrible, pussy music forum :flame::flame:

NecroRob
07-02-2011, 02:26 AM
Then go listen to some super brutalz Lamb of God and promptly GTFO.

brutal_descent
07-02-2011, 12:11 PM
Then go listen to some super brutalz Lamb of God and promptly GTFO.

:fist:

mankvill
07-02-2011, 12:54 PM
This is a metal set list forum - not a horrible, pussy music forum :flame::flame:

Get a load of this guy!

he thinks the best and most influential band since The Beatles is horrible pussy music

:tongue:

emmeff1973
07-02-2011, 01:18 PM
Name one good band Radiohead or U2 have influenced- Oh I got one, the mighty Ben Folds - they, like the aforementioned, suck moose cock :flame::flame::flame:

mankvill
07-02-2011, 01:33 PM
Name one good band Radiohead...has influenced

try every band

brutal_descent
07-02-2011, 02:31 PM
Name one good band Radiohead or U2 have influenced- Oh I got one, the mighty Ben Folds - they, like the aforementioned, suck moose cock :flame::flame::flame:

Buddy, if it wasn't half past three right now where I am, I'd list enough bands to fucking crash the server here, but I've only got so many cells in my brain working, so I'll give you one of the best progressive rock bands of the 21st century - Muse, Muse, and fucking Muse. Listen to Assassin or Supermassive Black Hole and tell me that sucks. If you do, you're either under the influence (which I doubt you Mayhem board kids are even capable of being since you're all 12 anyway), or you just have a shitty taste in music. Go fucking listen to Godsmack, Limp Bizkit or Disturbed, and leave the rest of us alone.

bigguytoo9
07-02-2011, 02:56 PM
Muse are worthy, "Muscle Museum" is pretty trippy. Fans of Pink Floyd could probably dig some of their stuff as well.

velvetgrass
07-02-2011, 04:59 PM
Buddy, if it wasn't half past three right now where I am, I'd list enough bands to fucking crash the server here, but I've only got so many cells in my brain working, so I'll give you one of the best progressive rock bands of the 21st century - Muse, Muse, and fucking Muse. Listen to Assassin or Supermassive Black Hole and tell me that sucks. If you do, you're either under the influence (which I doubt you Mayhem board kids are even capable of being since you're all 12 anyway), or you just have a shitty taste in music. Go fucking listen to Godsmack, Limp Bizkit or Disturbed, and leave the rest of us alone.

Muse vs. Radiohead is such a redundant stereotypical comparison. It's just like the Slipknot vs. Hollywood Undead comparison :tp:

But don't get me wrong I love both Muse and Radiohead

bobbie solo
07-02-2011, 10:47 PM
the guy decided to sign up here with the name "emmeff1973". i think that says it all.

if not, then ill say this: Radiohead is one of the most important bands in rock history, as is U2 up until the mid-90's or so. Radiohead have an almost immaculate catalogue, are infinitely skilled at a number of instruments, amazing songwriters and producers. they will be talked about alongside the beatles, stones, zep, nirvana, metallica etc for decades. but at the same time, obvious troll is obvious, so maybe im just giving him what he wants.

brutal_descent
07-03-2011, 01:05 AM
Muse vs. Radiohead is such a redundant stereotypical comparison. It's just like the Slipknot vs. Hollywood Undead comparison :tp:

But don't get me wrong I love both Muse and Radiohead

Masks aren't enough to link HU to Slipknot for me. Mushroomhead vs. Slipknot is another story.