View Full Version : Adrenaline Mob

ravenheart
06-22-2011, 02:22 AM
Vocals: Russell Allen
Guitar: Rich Ward
Guitar: Mike Orlando
Bass: Paul DiLeo
Drums: Mike Portnoy

Allen and Ward in the band with him and Portnoy has the cheek to say "I don't think the appeal will rest solely on my following; I think we can really spread out and develop a new audience."

MPF
06-22-2011, 02:32 AM
Album Teaser:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=dvXJG-Ch3Qg

I don't care what anyone says it sounds badass. They claim it sounds like Godsmack Disturbed and Shinedown. What I hear is Megadeth, Iced Earth and Dream Theater.

First Day Buyer for sure.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 02:34 AM
Peculiar band name, not sure if I like it that much.

MPF
06-22-2011, 02:35 AM
Peculiar band name, not sure if I like it that much.

Names don't mean shit, listen to the teaser to get a real opinion.

ravenheart
06-22-2011, 02:48 AM
I'll listen later, but I'm already sold on the fact it has Allen and Ward.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 02:48 AM
Names don't mean shit, listen to the teaser to get a real opinion.

I did listen to it. It's interesting - I'll definitely listen to the album as soon as it comes out.

DethMaiden
06-22-2011, 04:26 AM
I can't listen to any full album with that guitar tone. Fuck's sake, Russell Allen singing for Godsmack is still Godsmack.

ravenheart
06-22-2011, 05:50 AM
Hmm, yeah, not Rich's normal tone there... that's a bit disappointing. Doesn't really sound like Godsmack though. Drowning Pool maybe...

And, I know it's difficult to tell when it's a medley like that, but Allen's vocals don't seem to suit the music...

Maidenmagic
06-22-2011, 06:02 AM
Listened to preview. Song clips are too short. Although I think the instrumentation is too modern sounding (I heard a pinch harmonic and I can't stand those.), It sounds like there wil be alot of melodic moments. I would have to hear a full song/read a review to determine if I'll buy it.

Maiden33
06-22-2011, 02:33 PM
The teaser is just an awkward sounding clusterfuck. All the riffs sound like shit, but the lead guitar sounds pretty good (as I'd expect from Orlando), and obviously I dig everything with vocals as Russell is my favorite singer. I'm skeptical, but intrigued. I'm actually going to the gig they're doing in NYC this Friday night, so I'll post a report.

ravenheart
06-22-2011, 03:02 PM
The riffs are fine. It's the tone that's wrong. And the fact that Allen's vocals don't seem to fit at all. I'm hoping that's just because it's a shitty YouTube clip and the proper version will sound better, and that the total disjointedness of it all is due to the horrible mash-up.

MPF
06-22-2011, 03:43 PM
The riffs are fine. It's the tone that's wrong. And the fact that Allen's vocals don't seem to fit at all. I'm hoping that's just because it's a shitty YouTube clip and the proper version will sound better, and that the total disjointedness of it all is due to the horrible mash-up.

I'm pretty sure that's all it is. I don't think there's a clip of a song that's longer then 5 seconds.

MPF
06-24-2011, 09:49 PM
Listening to Eddie Trunk Live (Only for the reason I'm about to give)

Adrenaline Mob is premiering a new song in a few minutes. they just played their cover of Black Sabbath's The Mob Rules. It is fucking good!

Maiden33
06-24-2011, 10:07 PM
Just got back from the show. Honestly, I was not impressed. The covers were great - frankly I would've paid 2x as much to see them just do covers. The songs overall were pretty average at best. Aside from maybe 3 or 4 of the 11 or 12 total, I was really unimpressed. Fortunately, as I said, the covers were great and the show was really, really high energy. Not regretting the trip, but not expecting to like the album.

MPF
06-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Just got back from the show. Honestly, I was not impressed. The covers were great - frankly I would've paid 2x as much to see them just do covers. The songs overall were pretty average at best. Aside from maybe 3 or 4 of the 11 or 12 total, I was really unimpressed. Fortunately, as I said, the covers were great and the show was really, really high energy. Not regretting the trip, but not expecting to like the album.

Covers aside. How would you describe the music?

I'm listening to the interview right now, but I'm not getting a real vibe on what it will sound like.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-24-2011, 10:34 PM
Hard to tell from such short clips, but it sounds like there are a few decent sounding songs in the bunch.

MPF
06-24-2011, 11:51 PM
Shitty youtube version of what was played on Eddie Trunk tonight:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71X2U5V0wC4&feature=share

Maiden33
06-26-2011, 11:00 AM
Covers aside. How would you describe the music?

I'm listening to the interview right now, but I'm not getting a real vibe on what it will sound like.

Honestly, what they described it as in advance is a pretty decent explanation. I really just hate the shitty, down-tuned, modern riffs a la Disturbed, Black Label Society, etc. I went into the whole thing thinking: "I don't think I can't enjoy something as long as Russell Allen is singing" - but that is sort of a moot point if he does everything he can to make himself sound shitty. Honestly, aside from the couple of more melodic, Shinedown/Alter Bridge-esque ballad-sort of songs, and one or two of the more decent heavier tunes, I really didn't care for the stuff.

The setlist was as follows:
The band opened with a cover of "The Mob Rules", which was hilariously awesome given the title of the band, then proceeded to play what they claimed was the entire album, and then closed out with a few covers. A metalized cover of Duran Duran's "Come Undone", Badlands' "High Wire", and Dio's "Stand Up and Shout" (Highlight of the night for me). They did a one-song encore of "War Pigs", which though its been covered to death, I would say was the best version of it I've heard.

ravenheart
06-26-2011, 11:32 AM
Honestly, what they described it as in advance is a pretty decent explanation. I really just hate the shitty, down-tuned, modern riffs a la Disturbed, Black Label Society, etc. I went into the whole thing thinking: "I don't think I can't enjoy something as long as Russell Allen is singing" - but that is sort of a moot point if he does everything he can to make himself sound shitty. Honestly, aside from the couple of more melodic, Shinedown/Alter Bridge-esque ballad-sort of songs, and one or two of the more decent heavier tunes, I really didn't care for the stuff.

Sounds good to me, if they can sort out that guitar tone (come on Rich, don't let me down!).

How did Russell's voice suit the music? On paper it sounds like a bad pairing. And those clips on YouTube don't do it any favours.

rugbyman
06-26-2011, 04:43 PM
sounds pretty good. have they said when the album or a full song is going to be released?

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
08-25-2011, 02:13 PM
They're playing here next tuesday. Tix are $16. I will be going.

Anyone have a set list?

What I could find online is they play the whole EP plus:

Stand up and Shout
War Pigs
Highwire (Badlands cover) (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d0LYtQHax-4&feature=related) :rocker:

I'm sure there are quite a few more covers since that's only 8 songs and they are the headliners.

That's good enough for me.

MPF
08-25-2011, 02:19 PM
From what I understand, it's the whole EP and covers, and a couple songs that will be on the 2012 album.

300%_Density
08-25-2011, 06:39 PM
Yea I've been wondering that as well. My show is on the 6th and theres nothing in setlist.fm either. Hopefully there will be something between now and then.

Maiden33
08-27-2011, 03:14 PM
When I saw the debut headlining show in New York, they played:

The Mob Rules (Black Sabbath)
-The Entire Forthcoming Studio Album- (10 or 11 songs)
Come Undone (Duran Duran)
Highwire (Badlands)
Stand Up and Shout (Dio)
War Pigs (Black Sabbath)