NickLed19
06-17-2011, 11:55 AM
Peacock, wtf?

llama lom
06-17-2011, 12:02 PM
Please tell me that's a joke.

brutal_descent
06-17-2011, 12:09 PM
I'm pretty positive this is right. I've subscribed to the setlist.fm page for it (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slipknot/2011/terra-vibe-athens-greece-63d316bb.html) but it's 11pm here in Moscow, and I'm pretty exhausted, so if I go hit the hay keep updating the others.

treghet
06-17-2011, 12:18 PM
Damn a vacation home in Greece too? I guess it's convenient when you get bored of Italy you can just go there. ;)

brutal_descent
06-17-2011, 12:19 PM
Damn a vacation home in Greece too? I guess it's convenient when you get bored of Italy you can just go there. ;)

I'm pretty positive this is right. I've subscribed to the setlist.fm page for it (http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slipknot/2011/terra-vibe-athens-greece-63d316bb.html) but it's 11pm here in Moscow, and I'm pretty exhausted, so if I go hit the hay keep updating the others.

:finger:

jd091
06-17-2011, 03:27 PM
Huh. Who is playing bass for these fools now?

kommie
06-17-2011, 03:30 PM
Huh. Who is playing bass for these fools now?

some fool who used to be in the band during their Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat era, or something like that.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 03:35 PM
Will update setlist as show goes on (it has just begun!).

Sulfur
Peacock (Katy Perry)

Intro
(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Liberate :eek: :rocker: :party:
Before I Forget
Pulse Of The Maggots
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
The Heretic Anthem :eek: :rocker: :party:
Duality
Spit It Out
People = Shit
Surfacing

I haven't listened to these guys in a while but wow, this is a good set. Plenty of great songs in here. Can't believe they're playing Liberate and The Herteic Anthem! They even left behind Left Behind! :party:

makethemsuffer12
06-17-2011, 03:37 PM
Intro
(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Before I Forget
Pulse Of The Maggots
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
Duality
Spit It Out
People = Shit
Surfacing

I haven't listened to these guys in a while but wow, this is a good set. Plenty of great songs in here. Can't believe they're playing Liberate and The Herteic Anthem! They even left behind Left Behind! :party:
? Heretic is a staple.

jd091
06-17-2011, 03:58 PM
I like the large absence of All Hope is Lost. That album sucks a big one.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 04:02 PM
? Heretic is a staple.

according to setlist.fm they only played it once in '09 and 31 times in '08 (they did 58 shows that year)

I like the large absence of All Hope is Gone. That album sucks a big one.

After all these years they are still ignoring the best songs from there :bouville:

jd091
06-17-2011, 04:04 PM
Woah... double post, man.

Edit: Damn, you deleted that fast ;)

Shadowswillfall414
06-17-2011, 04:05 PM
Im more excited to see there headlining set which will probably have more songs since they opened for maiden here.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Woah... double post, man.

Edit: Damn, you deleted that fast ;)

yeah for some reason I'm anal about double posts

jd091
06-17-2011, 04:06 PM
Im more excited to see there headlining set

There? Where? I don't see it.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 04:12 PM
There? Where? I don't see it.

This reminds me. Earlier I was thinking about something- the pretty common misconception of its and it's is by far the least of the grammar nazis' collective worries. I can see why people would mistake the two, because the apostrophe is usually used as a sign of the possessive. In this case, the apostrophe in it's means it is, but let's say you were saying Ben's, you could use that apostrophe as both a possessive and Ben is. Double standard bro :eek:

jd091
06-17-2011, 04:38 PM
This reminds me. Earlier I was thinking about something- the pretty common misconception of its and it's is by far the least of the grammar nazis' collective worries. I can see why people would mistake the two, because the apostrophe is usually used as a sign of the possessive. In this case, the apostrophe in it's means it is, but let's say you were saying Ben's, you could use that apostrophe as both a possessive and Ben is. Double standard bro :eek:

Hmm. Astute point. I've noticed that too, but I understand how in situations it's (see what I did there) a little out of the way to include a apostrophe. You could be on a smartphone, or just working on typing faster. You're just lazy. With the misconception of they're, their, and there, it implies a larger grammar misconception of the person's mind rather than a common laziness. A much more heinous crime, no?

kommie
06-17-2011, 04:46 PM

This.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 04:47 PM
Hmm. Astute point. I've noticed that too, but I understand how in situations it's (see what I did there) a little out of the way to include a apostrophe. You could be on a smartphone, or just working on typing faster. You're just lazy. With the misconception of they're, their, and there, it implies a larger grammar misconception of the person's mind rather than a common laziness. A much more heinous crime, no?

Yes, exactly. Personally the biggest crime in my book is 'would of.' Offenders may defend themselves by saying "that's how people pronounce out loud, so I got confused," but I can't forgive that one at all for two reasons.

1) When people say it out loud they are pronouncing the contraction 'would've.' Everyone should be familiar with contractions.
2) You can't use 'of' before a active present tense verb (not -ing). That doesn't make any grammatical sense whatsoever.

jd091
06-17-2011, 05:27 PM
Yes, exactly. Personally the biggest crime in my book is 'would of.' Offenders may defend themselves by saying "that's how people pronounce out loud, so I got confused," but I can't forgive that one at all for two reasons.

1) When people say it out loud they are pronouncing the contraction 'would've.' Everyone should be familiar with contractions.
2) You can't use 'of' before a active present tense verb (not -ing). That doesn't make any grammatical sense whatsoever.

Intelligence, my friend: our greatest asset. ;)

ravenheart
06-17-2011, 05:44 PM

Those aren't misconceptions. They're just stupid.

Indestructible
06-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Intro
(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Before I Forget
Pulse Of The Maggots
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
Duality
Spit It Out
People = Shit
Surfacing

Glad Wait and Bleed is back. Needs left behind and more from ALl hope is gone.

stylesclash516
06-17-2011, 06:59 PM
Setlist is good but it could use more Purity. They also went back to their original red jumpsuits and masks plus Sid did a few stage dives as well. There is also a few videos on YouTube of their concert today.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 07:17 PM
Glad Wait and Bleed is back. Needs left behind and more from ALl hope is gone.

Wait and Bleed is their worst song :nonono:

stylesclash516
06-17-2011, 08:07 PM
Wait and Bleed is their worst song :nonono:

Someone hasn't heard Dead Memories.

Indestructible
06-17-2011, 08:09 PM

Their worst song is Get This.

larvtard
06-17-2011, 08:10 PM

Forgot that one. Both are horrid

I'm proud of you :bliss: Quick edit, too, I was just coming back to call you out on that...

jd091
06-17-2011, 09:25 PM
I'm proud of you :bliss: Quick edit, too, I was just coming back to call you out on that...

Yo.

illuminatus917
06-17-2011, 10:16 PM
a apostrophe.

*an

daimonos
06-17-2011, 11:01 PM

This

No

DisposableJustice
06-17-2011, 11:51 PM
Intro
(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Before I Forget
Pulse Of The Maggots
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
Duality
Spit It Out
People = Shit
Surfacing

hmmmm not too bad I would prefer Left Behind, Vermilion and maybe some rare gem like I am Hated or Skin Ticket. No Purity is no good

LTD Soloist
06-19-2011, 08:29 PM

agreed

bobbie solo
06-19-2011, 08:57 PM
i think that album has alot of strong songs. it might not be heavy, but a haunting song like Till We Die heard live could be chilling and really strong. And id like to hear Corey try to get through Gematria...that song is pretty epic, and he's clearly pissed off throughout. Snuff is a great slow song, and i think Butcher's Hook is cool too. Weird how little they played live off it since it's release...guess they hate it as much as you all do, but i like it.

jd091
06-19-2011, 09:07 PM
i think that album has alot of strong songs. it might not be heavy, but a haunting song like Till We Die heard live could be chilling and really strong.

You are wrong. You may think you're right, but you're not. Just wrong.

Gematria and This Cold Black were great. All Hope is Gone wasn't terrible. Psychosocial was meh.

The other 8 songs on the album were complete shit. Any band that puts out an album that is 2/3 shit is just plain sad.

But back to my original point: this set features a ton of stuff from their great, eponymous first album. That album still rocks.

mastodon421
06-20-2011, 04:33 AM
You are wrong. You may think you're right, but you're not. Just wrong.

Gematria and This Cold Black were great. All Hope is Gone wasn't terrible. Psychosocial was meh.

The other 8 songs on the album were complete shit. Any band that puts out an album that is 2/3 shit is just plain sad.

But back to my original point: this set features a ton of stuff from their great, eponymous first album. That album still rocks.

I think All Hope Is Gone is their second best record behind the self-titled. It had a lot of different shit on there and I thought it was a great blend of their heavier and slower stuff. The only shitty song imo was All Hope Is Gone.

brutal_descent
06-20-2011, 04:40 AM
I think All Hope Is Gone is their second best record behind the self-titled. It had a lot of different shit on there and I thought it was a great blend of their heavier and slower stuff. The only shitty song imo was All Hope Is Gone.

I thought that was perhaps the best one off of the record. :eyes:

IMO:
1) Slipknot
2) Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat
3) Iowa
4) The Subliminal Verses
5) All Hope Is Gone

electrocute1031
06-20-2011, 01:15 PM
pretty solid set. heres a video/review of the show, looks awesome. Cool tribute to Paul. http://www.metalinjection.net/av/slipknot-live-footage-paul-grays-passing

Indestructible
06-20-2011, 01:21 PM
I thought that was perhaps the best one off of the record. :eyes:

IMO:
1) Slipknot
2) Mate.Feed.Kill.Repeat
3) Iowa
4) The Subliminal Verses
5) All Hope Is Gone

You're all wrong :D

It goes

1. All Hope is Gone
2. Vol.3
3. Iowa
4. Slipknot
5. Mate Feed Kill Repeat(isn't that good imo)

jd091
06-20-2011, 02:52 PM
You're all wrong :D

It goes

1. All Hope is Gone
2. Vol.3
3. Iowa
4. Slipknot
5. Mate Feed Kill Repeat(isn't that good imo)

Is it your mission to make us want to hate you? Because its working.

Magson13
06-20-2011, 05:25 PM
People actually still talk about this band? I guess Tripp pants are still selling well at Hot Topic also. Guess there'll always be angsty posers though, right?

Indestructible
06-20-2011, 05:27 PM
Is it your mission to make us want to hate you? Because its working.

If you hate someone because of how they rank Slipknots albums then you have some problems.

Indestructible
06-20-2011, 05:32 PM
People actually still talk about this band? I guess Tripp pants are still selling well at Hot Topic also. Guess there'll always be angsty posers though, right?

You caught us. We are posers that shop at hot topic because we listen to Slipknot. Really? Are you fucking kidding me? Has this country sunk so low to where we have to hate, label and make fun of people because of what bands they listen to?

larvtard
06-20-2011, 05:35 PM
You caught us. We are posers that shop at hot topic because we listen to Slipknot. Really? Are you fucking kidding me? Has this country sunk so low to where we have to hate, label and make fun of people because of what bands they listen to?

...what does this have to do with our country?:tp:

Indestructible
06-20-2011, 05:40 PM
...what does this have to do with our country?:tp:

It use to be free and prosperous and now it's a breeding ground for ignorance. So much ignorance to the point where people can't handle it if you like a band they don't.

jd091
06-20-2011, 05:47 PM
It use to be free and prosperous and now it's a breeding ground for ignorance. So much ignorance to the point where people can't handle it if you like a band they don't.

http://www.iphone-wallpapers.nl/media/wallpapers/funny/Shut%20the%20fuck%20up.jpg

Magson13
06-20-2011, 05:48 PM
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge on a subject. You're using the wrong word. Maybe if you payed attention in school instead of thinking of how cool you look in your in your new Tripp pants and snazzy Slipknot shirt, you'd know that.

You're right though, this country has gotten bad. I can't believe anyone accepts Slipknot as music. Those people are so ignorant, they don't know what actual music is.

See, that's how you use the word "ignorant."

jd091
06-20-2011, 05:50 PM
Come on, man. Their self titled album was great back in the day, and still is. Probably the only nu-metal album I can stomach.

Indestructible
06-20-2011, 05:58 PM
Ignorance is a lack of knowledge on a subject. You're using the wrong word. Maybe if you payed attention in school instead of thinking of how cool you look in your in your new Tripp pants and snazzy Slipknot shirt, you'd know that.

You're right though, this country has gotten bad. I can't believe anyone accepts Slipknot as music. Those people are so ignorant, they don't know what actual music is.

See, that's how you use the word "ignorant."

I listen to Slipknot and I have only one Slipknot shirt and one Corey Mask. I have no tripp pants, because I don't know what they are. Yes ignorance is lack of knowledge on a subject and you have a lack of knowledge on Slipknot and all their fans. You just judge and label. I doubt you know single Slipknot fan.

Magson13
06-20-2011, 06:18 PM
I actually own all four of Slipknot's albums. I'm completely aware of their music. I saw them live, so I'm also aware of their fanbase. I'm also quite embarrassed to say both of those statements, because it is sad on my part, that this disgusting excuse for music actually exists in my mind.

You own a Slipknot mask? And you voluntarily admitted this? Bahahahahahahahahahaha. Ya. That helped your cause. Fanboy.

jd091
06-20-2011, 06:29 PM
Uh oh... this thread is a step away from getting locked.

velvetgrass
06-20-2011, 06:34 PM
Why lock this thread? It's an interesting discussion. I'm a Slipknot newbie fan, just got and listened to their album Iowa which is incredible. Great to see The Heretic Anthem in this setlist. On the topic, did anyone here actually attend the show, or know how well Donnie Steele performed?

Magson13
06-20-2011, 06:38 PM
Uh oh... this thread is a step away from getting locked.

Good, let it get locked. Don't need anymore Slipknot threads anyways.

Indestructible
06-20-2011, 06:39 PM
I actually own all four of Slipknot's albums. I'm completely aware of their music. I saw them live, so I'm also aware of their fanbase. I'm also quite embarrassed to say both of those statements, because it is sad on my part, that this disgusting excuse for music actually exists in my mind.

You own a Slipknot mask? And you voluntarily admitted this? Bahahahahahahahahahaha. Ya. That helped your cause. Fanboy.

I wasn't denying me being a Slipknot fanboy I was stating the fact that not all Slipknot fans are hot topic shopping posers.

BloodoftheKings
06-20-2011, 06:57 PM

http://www.art-prints-on-demand.com/kunst/american_school_19th_century/african_slaves_being_taken_on__hi.jpg

kommie
06-20-2011, 07:33 PM
Magson13 is a troll, ignore, and don't feed it.

DisposableJustice
06-22-2011, 12:31 AM
If you're done with your toll fights, Slipknot did their first headlining show (I think) yesterday in Berlin, Germany....just an FYI if anyone cares (I sorta do)

(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Liberate
Before I Forget
Pulse Of The Maggots
Purity
Left Behind
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
The Heretic Anthem
Duality
Only One
Spit It Out

(515)
People = Shit
Surfacing

Left Behind and Purity=:rocker:

but nothing new

DisposableJustice
06-22-2011, 12:33 AM
On the topic, did anyone here actually attend the show, or know how well Donnie Steele performed?

My understanding is that he was hidden behind stage, or to point it plainly out of sight

mankvill
06-22-2011, 12:35 AM
My understanding is that he was hidden behind stage, or to point it plainly out of sight

Saw a live video on MetalSucks.

The new bassist performed off-stage, and they had a "scarecrow" set up by the drum risers that had Paul Grey's jumpsuit/mask that just stayed there throughout the entire set.

....um.

edit: I mean Rev "The Grey" Paulson

treghet
06-22-2011, 01:02 AM
The new bassist performed off-stage

That is quite possibly one of the dumbest things I've heard of a band doing.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 01:13 AM

It's pretty dick, considering that he used to be their guitarist.

DisposableJustice
06-22-2011, 01:15 AM

Or having a creepy scarecrow Paul on stage...you're already honoring him by playing the shows, you don't need a stick figure frozen on stage

I can't image Metallica shoving Jason off to the side and having a Cliff scare-crow with a wig and a jacket on stage back in the day

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 02:05 AM
I can't image Metallica shoving Jason off to the side and having a Cliff scare-crow with a wig and a jacket on stage back in the day

/can't breathe :lol:

kommie
06-22-2011, 04:58 AM
If you're done with your toll fights, Slipknot did their first headlining show (I think) yesterday in Berlin, Germany....just an FYI if anyone cares (I sorta do)

(sic)
Eyeless
Wait and Bleed
The Blister Exists
Liberate
Before I Forget
Pulse Of The Maggots
Purity
Left Behind
Disasterpiece
Psychosocial
The Heretic Anthem
Duality
Only One
Spit It Out

(515)
People = Shit
Surfacing

Left Behind and Purity=:rocker:

but nothing new

one song from the shit CD, awesome. maybe I'd go see em live if they came around again.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 05:00 AM
one song from the shit CD, awesome. maybe I'd go see em live if they came around again.

I'm sure they'll do a US tour before Corey leaves - after all, I doubt an American band would have a Europe-only farewell tour.

jd091
06-22-2011, 05:19 AM
It's pretty dick, considering that he used to be their guitarist.

Well, it's not like you can hear the bass in Slipknot anyway... >.>

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 05:27 AM
Well, it's not like you can hear the bass in Slipknot anyway... >.>

WHY HAVE A BASSIST ANYWAY

ooh fonts ;)

jd091
06-22-2011, 05:40 AM
WHY HAVE A BASSIST ANYWAY

ooh fonts ;)

:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's the first time I've ever seen a different font used!

If you're gonna go that route... why the fuck have two guys- not one, but TWO- who's job it is to bang on as trash can and/or singular drum?

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 05:49 AM
:lol::lol::lol::lol: That's the first time I've ever seen a different font used!

If you're gonna go that route... why the fuck have two guys- not one, but TWO- who's job it is to bang on as trash can and/or singular drum?

Really? Me too!

I remember when I first watched a live DVD of theirs, and I saw that... :lol: I was like, what the fuck?! Get a job, Clown!

jd091
06-22-2011, 06:27 AM
Really? Me too!

I remember when I first watched a live DVD of theirs, and I saw that... :lol: I was like, what the fuck?! Get a job, Clown!

Yeah, I feel the same. It's like, there's a bunch of drugged out high school losers from Iowa, and they just all made a band. They wanted to include their whole group of friends, though, so had to make up positions for 'em all :lol:

All Hope is Gone sold over a million copies alone, though... so maybe they should just keep that shitty job that a monkey could do.

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah, I feel the same. It's like, there's a bunch of drugged out high school losers from Iowa, and they just all made a band. They wanted to include their whole group of friends, though, so had to make up positions for 'em all :lol:

All Hope is Gone sold over a million copies alone, though... so maybe they should just keep that shitty job that a monkey could do.

Oh god, that. :hecho: It's like a plague - any time I attempt to form a band with ONE of my friends who plays guitar/bass, ALL OF THEM ASK TO BE IN IT. It's like, "No, man, my band won't have four guitarists. No, we're not going to trade off solos. NO, WE AREN'T FUCKING IRON MAIDEN. SHUT UP."

jd091
06-22-2011, 07:00 AM
Oh god, that. :hecho: It's like a plague - any time I attempt to form a band with ONE of my friends who plays guitar/bass, ALL OF THEM ASK TO BE IN IT. It's like, "No, man, my band won't have four guitarists. No, we're not going to trade off solos. NO, WE AREN'T FUCKING IRON MAIDEN. SHUT UP."

You play drums? If so, you're lucky. I remember my friends and I always wanted to form bands growing up, but I was only ever in 1 because we could never find drummers. I knew like, 100 guitarists/bassists, but no drummers...

Hopefully though, I'll be in a metal band in the next couple of weeks! :snivel: I actually have a friend who does decent vocals, and we found a drummer. I have absolutely no idea what we'll sound like though... the vocalist is a huge Ensiferum/Witersun fan, so I gotta work on my sweep arpeggios :lol:

brutal_descent
06-22-2011, 07:07 AM
You play drums? If so, you're lucky. I remember my friends and I always wanted to form bands growing up, but I was only ever in 1 because we could never find drummers. I knew like, 100 guitarists/bassists, but no drummers...

Hopefully though, I'll be in a metal band in the next couple of weeks! :snivel: I actually have a friend who does decent vocals, and we found a drummer. I have absolutely no idea what we'll sound like though... the vocalist is a huge Ensiferum/Witersun fan, so I gotta work on my sweep arpeggios :lol:

No, I play guitar, bass, and synth. :tongue: