PDA

View Full Version : Rob Halford clarifies what he means by a 'farewell' tour...

brutal_descent
06-15-2011, 12:24 PM
I doubt any of you will trust this source, but it's a Russian metal zine that I work for - I just caught this on my FB news feed.

http://www.drugmetal.ru/blog/heavy_digest/11250.html

In Russian:

Мы хотели бы разъяснить ситуацию, которая, похоже, многих сбила с толку.

Когда мы опубликовали пресс-релиз, анонсировав прощальный тур, мы заявили, что это будет последний крупный тур для JUDAS PRIEST. Ничего не изменилось мы не говорили о том, что это конец деятельности группы или что мы собираемся уходить на покой, или что группа собирается распадаться Мы сказали, что это будет последний крупный тур, который мы хотели бы сделать, и всё остаётся в силе.

У нас есть планы относительно нового альбома, кроме того, возможны будущие релизы, и мы всё ещё рассматриваем предложения об отдельных живых выступлениях если это будет чем-то особенным или если для этого будет веская причина но мировых туров больше не будет

Let me translate the main ideas:

When JP announced their farewell tour, by no means did they announce an end to the band, or that the members would cease to operate in the music industry. What I meant was that this tour would be our final MAJOR tour, one at this scale, but the rest is up to the future. We have plans for another album, and possibly more than one. We won't rule out playing shows if it's a grand occasion or there's a special purpose for them, but the concept of a world tour after 2011 will be obselete for Judas Priest.

mankvill
06-15-2011, 12:29 PM
...this has been public knowledge for quite some time. In fact, they repeated this fact many, many times when they announced this whole tour.

jd091
06-15-2011, 12:39 PM
...this has been public knowledge for quite some time. In fact, they repeated this fact many, many times when they announced this whole tour.

Yeah BrutalDescent. What the fuck man. God. You mess up everything.

brutal_descent
06-15-2011, 12:51 PM
:snivel: It was news to me...

illuminatus917
06-15-2011, 01:25 PM
You screwed it up real good this time, BrutalDescent.

ravenheart
06-15-2011, 01:32 PM
Goddamnit fonzy.

Wait... what?

Indestructible
06-15-2011, 01:49 PM
Im on your side, I too thought they were going to end the band by calling this a farewell tour.

ravenheart
06-15-2011, 01:54 PM
Im on your side, I too thought they were going to end the band by calling this a farewell tour.

Then you need to pay more attention. This is only like the fifth time one of the band has made this exact statement.

bt11763
06-15-2011, 09:46 PM

you know you're doing bad if you're on the same page as indestructible

Wizzbang11
06-15-2011, 10:14 PM
you know you're doing bad if you're on the same page as indestructible

I didnt even know indestructible was still a thing