PDA

View Full Version : Best Thrash Album Since 2000?

El Gordo
06-12-2011, 07:03 PM
I've been thinking about this recently for no reason at all, really. What's the best thrash album since the turn of the millennium? With all the thrash revival stuff, there's a lot to choose from but I honestly think that the best one is Overkill's Ironbound. Others that come close for me are: Destruction - The Antichrist, Exodus - Tempo of the Damned, Torture Squad - Pandemonium, Sacrifice - The Ones I Condemn, Vektor - Black Future.

Wizzbang11
06-12-2011, 07:05 PM
Not straight thrash, but without any hesitation Toxic Holocaust- Evil Never Dies.

larvtard
06-12-2011, 07:10 PM
Black Future. No question.

But as for others that are good: Destruction - The Antichrist, Sodom - self-titled & M-16, Violator - Chemical Assault.

Solid: Exodus - Atrocity Exhibition pt. A, Testament - Formation of Damnation, Lazarus A.D. - The Onslaught (more of a groovy, metalcore-infused thrash)

I honestly don't have much thrash from the last decade.

El Gordo
06-12-2011, 07:19 PM
Black Future. No question.

But as for others that are good: Destruction - The Antichrist, Sodom - self-titled & M-16, Violator - Chemical Assault.

Solid: Exodus - Atrocity Exhibition pt. A, Testament - Formation of Damnation, Lazarus A.D. - The Onslaught (more of a groovy, metalcore-infused thrash)

I honestly don't have much thrash from the last decade.

Oooh I overlooked M-16, that's a good one too.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-12-2011, 08:11 PM
The Crown: Deathrace King

idrinkwine732
06-12-2011, 08:14 PM
Black Future and it isn't really close.

slapguitarer
06-12-2011, 08:38 PM
Black Future and it isn't really close.

:rocker:

mankvill
06-12-2011, 08:50 PM
http://www.apochs.net/CDs/Vektor-BlackFuture.png

Thread over.

slapguitarer
06-12-2011, 09:03 PM

Thread over.

:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

brutal_descent
06-12-2011, 10:04 PM
Legion of the Damned - Malevolent Rapture

rjturtle9
06-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Kreator's releases are godly, especially Enemy of God which is one of my favorite thrash albums of all time.
Municipal Waste - Hazardous Mutation and The Art of Partying
Toxic Holocaust - Evil Never Dies, Hell on Earth, An Overdose of Death
I really liked Gamma Bomb's newest album.

But seriously:

Thread over.

:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:

DethMaiden
06-14-2011, 02:46 AM
I guess Ironbound for me. Didn't even crack my top ten last year, though. My thrash-fuck-giving expires in about 1992.

mastodon421
06-15-2011, 09:29 AM
Megadeth-Endgame
Lazarus A.D-The Onslaught

jhdeity
06-15-2011, 06:40 PM
Machine Head - The Blackening isn't pure thrash either but that cd is incredible and gets better with every listen to me.

Vektor wins this category though but song for song The Blackening is a better album to me.

larvtard
06-15-2011, 07:04 PM
Machine Head - The Blackening isn't pure thrash either but that cd is incredible and gets better with every listen to me.

Vektor wins this category though but song for song The Blackening is a better album to me.

Well actually both albums are notable for being some of the only albums in which I like every single song. That never happens for me

jhdeity
06-15-2011, 07:08 PM
Well actually both albums are notable for being some of the only albums in which I like every single song. That never happens for me

Yeah i'm notorious for pointing out shit that's overrated but these two are still grossly underrated to me. Most people I know worship one or the other but only the coolest of people worship both. Definitely 2 of the 10 best cd's released since 2000...

El Gordo
06-15-2011, 07:09 PM

You coulda just said Vektor. Machine Head never even resembled a thrash band... unless you consider Grip Inc. and the like to be thrash.

larvtard
06-15-2011, 07:12 PM
Yeah i'm notorious for pointing out shit that's overrated but these two are still grossly underrated to me. Most people I know worship one or the other but only the coolest of people worship both. Definitely 2 of the 10 best cd's released since 2000...

Haha, yeah, I know what you mean. But you think those are underrated? Both of them are rated extremely highly as it is. Not saying I disagree with the high rating, but I don't see them as underrated. Maybe Vektor just because they're still pretty underground, but so many people absolutely worship that album like you said, so I don't see how it's underrated...

larvtard
06-15-2011, 07:13 PM
You coulda just said Vektor. Machine Head never even resembled a thrash band... unless you consider Grip Inc. and the like to be thrash.

I don't think The Blackening is a thrash album but it's definitely pretty thrashy in parts. Groove-thrash if you will.

El Gordo
06-15-2011, 07:19 PM
I don't think The Blackening is a thrash album but it's definitely pretty thrashy in parts. Groove-thrash if you will.

Pretty thrashy in parts =/= thrash album.

makethemsuffer12
06-15-2011, 07:30 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHcchIpfLg

That being said, MH aren't a thrash band.

El Gordo
06-15-2011, 07:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtHcchIpfLg

That being said, MH aren't a thrash band.

OK. That resembles a thrash song, but they still don't resemble a thrash band in the least.

larvtard
06-15-2011, 08:22 PM
Pretty thrashy in parts =/= thrash album.

Well yeah, duh. I never said it was a thrash album, I'm just saying how I can see how jhdeity would think it (and even he said it wasn't pure thrash).

Wizzbang11
06-15-2011, 08:35 PM
I really like Vektor, but I have no idea what is so groundbreaking/amazing about them. I'll take Evil Never Dies over Black Future every time.

larvtard
06-15-2011, 08:51 PM
I really like Vektor, but I have no idea what is so groundbreaking/amazing about them. I'll take Evil Never Dies over Black Future every time.

...I'll take Black Future over you every time.

Wizzbang11
06-15-2011, 09:04 PM
...I'll take Black Future over you every time.

..and that's why you aren't for sure going to RoD :snivel:

larvtard
06-15-2011, 09:07 PM
..and that's why you aren't for sure going to RoD :snivel:

Haha. If I go to ROD, you guys may become equal or something ;)

Wizzbang11
06-15-2011, 09:13 PM
Haha. If I go to ROD, you guys may become equal or something ;)

I can only hope.

larvtard
06-16-2011, 08:45 AM
I can only hope.

well, to be fair man, it's my favorite album of all time, and you're just an Internet friend ;)

illuminatus917
06-24-2011, 12:35 AM
Exodus - Tempo of the Damned

Exodus - Atrocity Exhibition pt. A

I thought Shovel Headed Kill Machine was better than both of these. It definitely deserves a mention in this thread.

sfhui
05-15-2012, 01:13 PM
evolution of chaos

Indestructible
05-15-2012, 08:17 PM
There is a lot of good thrash out there. I would have to go with Lazarus A.D.(The Onslaught) and Exodus having the best thrash albums of the 2000's.