PDA

View Full Version : Slayer -- Sao Paulo, Brazil -- June 9th, 2011

Sepultura69
06-12-2011, 01:14 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2011/via-funchal-sao-paulo-brazil-73d32acd.html

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Temptation
Dittohead
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Bloodline
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
The Antichrist
Americon
Payback
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts of War
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

The Good:
Nice to See Slayer pulling out a wooping 23 song setlist. 23 SONGS! :rocker:

The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space. Don't get me wrong, thats great these guys still got the energy to pull out long sets but it's not good when it's plagued with useless shit(Blood Line, Temptation, Dead Skin mask ect)

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig) :tp:

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Chemical Warfare, Ghost of War, Dittohead, Hallowed Point, Anti Christ, Postmortem, payback, Black Magic :rocker:

brutal_descent
06-12-2011, 01:39 AM
I've gotta hear Disciple before I die. :hmm:

Dextrimental
06-12-2011, 07:37 AM
Being someone who enjoys ALL of Slayers output, I would shit myself in that pit. i hope if they ever play Dublin again, we get such a setlist. I love it, and I love how most of their albums are getting represented.

masterguy49
06-12-2011, 09:28 AM
I've gotta hear Disciple before I die. :hmm:

Yes you do! :D
Awesome song live! ;)

I also see no problem with the World Painted Blood songs... I like that album. :eyes:

brutal_descent
06-12-2011, 09:30 AM
Yes you do! :D
Awesome song live! ;)

I also see no problem with the World Painted Blood songs... I like that album. :eyes:

One of my first Slayer songs. :drool:

The two tracks I like off WPB are Beauty Through Order, and the title track - one of which they don't ever play. :mad:

JLRedWing13
06-12-2011, 10:37 AM
The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space.
Bloodline is a great song.......I'm very happy to see it.

Sanitarium78
06-12-2011, 11:16 AM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/slayer/2011/via-funchal-sao-paulo-brazil-73d32acd.html

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Temptation
Dittohead
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Bloodline
Dead Skin Mask
Hallowed Point
The Antichrist
Americon
Payback
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts of War
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

The Good:
Nice to See Slayer pulling out a wooping 23 song setlist. 23 SONGS! :rocker:

The Bad:
Too bad some of the stuff they added are totally useless. BLOODLINE??? I MEAN?!?! REALLY??? CMON GUYS, Atleast pull out something good like "Haunting The Chapel" or "Live Undead" or something. Shit, Blood line is such a waste of space. Don't get me wrong, thats great these guys still got the energy to pull out long sets but it's not good when it's plagued with useless shit(Blood Line, Temptation, Dead Skin mask ect)

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig) :tp:

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Chemical Warfare, Ghost of War, Dittohead, Hallowed Point, Anti Christ, Postmortem, payback, Black Magic :rocker:

For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.

Sepultura69
06-12-2011, 11:40 AM
For a show you didn't actually go to, you're sure as hell giving it way too much analysis. Fact remains that if you were at this show you'd be going nuts during the whole thing.

Sure, there are other songs that would be better to play than some they have choosen here. But Slayer is a band that has spanned close to 30 years now and they've gained new fans at different points in their career. So for them to play a well balanced set between newer and older is good because it pleases all the people who came to see them, no matter when any of them got into the band.

You know what?

You're absolutely right. I would totally be going balls deep ape shit crazy IF I was at this show. I would, TOTALLY.... But it still doesn't change the fact that I am still going to bicker and rant about what songs I would of liked in the set and which I thought were shitty :D

And yes, if they were to bring this set over here to the U.S for an upcoming U.S tour I would be totally satisified with it, just cause it's fuckin slayer. :rocker:

I still think blood line sucks though :eyes:

El Gordo
06-12-2011, 12:30 PM

Too much analysis? Isn't that what this entire site is built upon? Analyzing and critiquing set lists?

larvtard
06-12-2011, 12:34 PM
Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig) :tp:

:mad:

First of all man, they always play War Ensemble, and usually either Dead Skin Mask or Seasons in the Abyss. And those songs are amazing. I admit, they should take out Temptation, but last year was the first time they had ever played it. Give 'em a break.

Also, I dunno why they're focusing so much on their bad albums now. Stain of Mind, Disciple, Bloodline...

mankvill
06-12-2011, 02:12 PM
The Bad:
BLOODLINE???

The Ugly:

Temptation

5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!

BACCK TO THE GOOD:
Dittohead

shut the fuck up forever about Slayer

Indestructible
06-12-2011, 02:55 PM
The Bad:

The Ugly:
Temptation, Stain of Mind, The World Painted Blood songs. Also, I think it was great that they went on that "Seasons" tour last year with megadudes and testament but enough is enough. 5 songs off season! Go easy on that album, guys!!. 2-3 songs is nice but don't start playing the whole fuckin album again(They played War Ensemble, Dead Skin Mask, Hallowed Point, Seasons in the Abyss, Temptations at this gig)

Bloodline is good, it's probably my favorite new Slayer song. And by new Slayer I mean since they changed their sound(Divine intervention- present)

You're a Slayer fan? Odd because most Slayer fans would never complain about them playing anything from Seasons In The Abyss. Do Slayer fans like anything? you bitch about them when they play to many new songs and then you bitch about them when they play the old songs everyone wants to hear.

PowerMaiden
06-12-2011, 03:01 PM
yeah, what's wrong with Bloodline, I love that song. and sep69 if you find that Dead Skin Mask is useless shit I won't take your responses seriously anymore. That's a pure fucking Slayer classic

great set btw, I would like a place for Hell Awaits but other than that wow

Cheers !
PowerMaiden

Sanitarium78
06-12-2011, 04:07 PM
^^^^^ Yeah, the hate for DSM is a mystery to me. Don't understand that one at all:confused:

El Gordo
06-12-2011, 05:35 PM
I've never been a fan of Dead Skin Mask myself. Just sayin'. :eyes:

larvtard
06-12-2011, 06:54 PM

It's not my absolute favorite, but it absolutely fucking rips live. All of their slower mid-tempo stuff does.

bobbie solo
06-12-2011, 09:18 PM
based on my limited time on here so far, sep69 isn't someone to take seriously. he writes over the top reactions to slayer/metallica/sepultura sets all the time. it's a bit of a chore to weed through his stuff.

Sepultura69
06-12-2011, 11:48 PM
shut the fuck up forever about Slayer

U Mad bro? And Dittohead is a great song. I don't know what you don't like about it, manksizzle. :cool:

based on my limited time on here so far, sep69 isn't someone to take seriously. he writes over the top reactions to slayer/metallica/sepultura sets all the time. it's a bit of a chore to weed through his stuff.

Why bother coming in my thread then? Don't even click on the thread or bother looking at the fucking title. Every thread I make you jump in and bitch about how annoying I am(I can name like 4 different threads that I made in the past which you just come in at to give your 2 cents on how I need "to calm down" or some Bullshit like that). If I bug you that much bobby DON'T BOTHER CLICKING ON THE FUCKING THREADS I MAKE..

And while you're at it, don't bother reading my "Over the top" posts on the other threads either, if it BUGS you that much....Chore to weed through? Riiiiiiiiiiiiight :tp:

Son, I dedicate this song to you. Enjoy :cool:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=esYf7seJYE8

"if you Act like a bitch, nigga, then you gone get smacked like a bitch" - Dr Dre.

Agreed :rocker:

Bloodline is good, it's probably my favorite new Slayer song. And by new Slayer I mean since they changed their sound(Divine intervention- present)

You're a Slayer fan? Odd because most Slayer fans would never complain about them playing anything from Seasons In The Abyss. Do Slayer fans like anything? you bitch about them when they play to many new songs and then you bitch about them when they play the old songs everyone wants to hear.

Don't you have pictures of Lasagna or cake to be posting in the picture thread or something, sheesh :cool:

Sanitarium78
06-13-2011, 07:26 AM

Based on what i've seen you're worse because the only posts I tend to see from you are that of the trolling kind. You always try to stir something up but rarely offer anything to the discussion of a particular thread. Yes, sep69 was a bit annoying when he first started but he's scaled that back considerably since then. Trolls like you are far worse and serve absolutely no purpose at all.

If you can't offer anything to the topic besides wanting to stir things up I suggest you shut the fuck up and leave this board.

brutal_descent
06-13-2011, 08:47 AM
Does anyone think Slayer will keep a setlist of this length for this years' Big Four summer shows?

petrovar
06-13-2011, 09:48 AM
Does anyone think Slayer will keep a setlist of this length for this years' Big Four summer shows?

No chance, not with Metallica headlining. They will play about the same as they have for the other Big 4 shows. But they will change up the set though to include some of these songs that they have been playing recently.

brutal_descent
06-13-2011, 10:17 AM
No chance, not with Metallica headlining. They will play about the same as they have for the other Big 4 shows. But they will change up the set though to include some of these songs that they have been playing recently.

Thank god, I have to hear Disciple. :drool:

Natrlhi
06-13-2011, 10:18 AM
Thank god, I have to hear Disciple. :drool:...and Payback. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Sepultura69
06-13-2011, 10:31 AM
Based on what i've seen you're worse because the only posts I tend to see from you are that of the trolling kind. You always try to stir something up but rarely offer anything to the discussion of a particular thread. Yes, sep69 was a bit annoying when he first started but he's scaled that back considerably since then. Trolls like you are far worse and serve absolutely no purpose at all.

If you can't offer anything to the topic besides wanting to stir things up I suggest you shut the fuck up and leave this board.

Good sir, you are my fucking Hero. Thank you very much Sanatarium. I'm glad someone put Bobby Choloe in his place:cool:

...and Payback. :drool: :drool: :drool:

That songs tears live. FUCKIN' TEARS. When they played it at the big four some sort of evil energy just took over my entire body, like a possessed demon or something. And then as soon as the song starts with Tom screaming "YOU BETTER TAKE A CLOSER LOOK AT ME?!!", I JUMP RIGHT IN THAT FUCKING PIT and stay in there until their set is over(before they played Payback I made it a rule not to mosh or go in the pit for slayer since the last couple times I saw them I ended up leaving with a half broken nose or something to that extent....But I donno, something just took over me...and HOW THE FUCK CAN YOU NOT MOSH TO A SONG LIKE PAYBACK?? IT'S IMPOSSBILE). Smashing good times. I think Payback is a song that Slayer should keep as a staple in their set. It really does sound great live :rocker:

NOT A FAT CHANCE. probably a 12-13 song set. At our show they only played 14. But like Pet said, they will probably do what they did at the last big four shows. Basically, just switch up the set and play what they've been playing on their recent tour. MINUS a good 9-8 songs :(

brutal_descent
06-13-2011, 10:33 AM
...and Payback. :drool: :drool: :drool:

Heard it already :finger:

larvtard
06-13-2011, 10:41 AM
Thank god, I have to hear Disciple. :drool:

I don't know what it is with people and that song. YEAH MAN GOD HATES US ALL HERPDERP

brutal_descent
06-13-2011, 10:56 AM
I don't know what it is with people and that song. YEAH MAN GOD HATES US ALL HERPDERP

Well, it's just one of my favorite Slayer songs. :tongue: No in-depth analysis, I just love it to bits.

Plus it's so angry :rocker:

Sepultura69
06-13-2011, 11:05 AM
Well, it's just one of my favorite Slayer songs. :tongue: No in-depth analysis, I just love it to bits.

Plus it's so angry :rocker:

When I think of a song like "Disciple" the first thing that comes to my head is cute puppies and rainbows with gnomes and Blue Dolphins

brutal_descent
06-13-2011, 11:08 AM
When I think of a song like "Disciple" the first thing that comes to my head is cute puppies and rainbows with gnomes and Blue Dolphins

I'm assuming the cute puppies are devouring the gnomes while the rainbows burn holes in the heads of the dolphins when they stick their head out of the sea :rocker:

bobbie solo
06-13-2011, 02:21 PM
ah, sanitarium. he's the other one.

anyway, i echo the sentiments..they need to do some proper headlining shows here with the same amount of songs, and preferably the same setlist.

larvtard
06-13-2011, 05:53 PM

anyway, i echo the sentiments..they need to do some proper headlining shows here with the same amount of songs, and preferably the same setlist.

:tp:

makethemsuffer12
06-13-2011, 07:25 PM
Goddamn, they better play Payback at Yankee Stadium. I will fucking murder someone to that song.

Sanitarium78
06-14-2011, 06:56 AM

Care to clarify what you mean by that statement?

MetalDoug
06-14-2011, 07:49 AM
Would anybody here like to hear something from Hell Awaits like say "Necrophiliac" or "Kill Again"?? the title track has been played not too long ago i think :eyes:

DisposableJustice
06-14-2011, 09:44 AM
Would anybody here like to hear something from Hell Awaits like say "Necrophiliac" or "Kill Again"?? the title track has been played not too long ago i think :eyes:

This x a lot

it has been a while since they did anything off HA, so I would love them to do the title track (which, in my mind should be played at every show) Kill Again, At Dawn They Sleep or Necrophilliac

DO IT KERRY

marker
06-14-2011, 11:10 AM
This show is in South America so 5 songs from Seasons is appropriate to say the least.I don't think they did the whole Seasons album down there like they did here and in other countries.

larvtard
06-14-2011, 11:57 AM
This x a lot

it has been a while since they did anything off HA, so I would love them to do the title track (which, in my mind should be played at every show) Kill Again, At Dawn They Sleep or Necrophilliac

DO IT KERRY

I don't what it is with you and Crypts of Eternity, man...

DisposableJustice
06-14-2011, 09:23 PM
I don't what it is with you and Crypts of Eternity, man...

meh, that sound never clicked for me...kudos if they play it, but I'll take Kill Again first

hellawaits77ny
06-14-2011, 11:44 PM
:mad:

First of all man, they always play War Ensemble, and usually either Dead Skin Mask or Seasons in the Abyss. And those songs are amazing. I admit, they should take out Temptation, but last year was the first time they had ever played it. Give 'em a break.

Also, I dunno why they're focusing so much on their bad albums now. Stain of Mind, Disciple, Bloodline...

You consider God Hates Us All a bad album? Agree to disagree on that one

hellawaits77ny
06-14-2011, 11:45 PM
meh, that sound never clicked for me...kudos if they play it, but I'll take Kill Again first

Kil Again, fuck yeah!!!!!!!!

HOMICIDAL MANIAC!!!!!!!!

larvtard
06-15-2011, 09:47 AM
You consider God Hates Us All a bad album? Agree to disagree on that one

Yeah, I do. I don't like the particular style of that one. However, you'll find that most people on here will also agree to disagree with me, so you're definitely not a minority here for having that opinion.

Wrecking Crew
06-15-2011, 10:45 AM
Yeah, I do. I don't like the particular style of that one. However, you'll find that most people on here will also agree to disagree with me, so you're definitely not a minority here for having that opinion.

I agree, I don't really like any of the albums Slayer has released since Diabolus (which I loved). I guess I'm backwards though since I know lots of people hate Diabolus.

hellawaits77ny
06-15-2011, 09:38 PM

I understand and totally respect your opinion

dponzo
07-10-2011, 08:23 AM
I was lucky enough to see them on this Sao Pauloīs show at the balconies right in front of the stage.... Of course, Iīm a mosh pit guy, but was not a bad feeling seeing them so nicely. :D :D :D
About the set list, cīmon guys.... I totally understand people talking about the medium song Bloodline... but the WPB songs are just fantastic!!!! THE BEST ALBUM AROUND SINCE SEASONS.... PERIOD!!!! And I just canīt descibre the feeling of seing Ghost of War... SHIT!!!! I still have my head banging!!!! the songs I really missed was At Dawn and maybe Live Undead, otherwise, it was one of my favorites shows so far!!! The motherfuckers are living legends... how can someone complain about one of two songs and judge their whole show??? Sorry... but FUCK YOU!!!

I saw them last year in Minneapolis US, American Carnage tour... great show too!!!! Even thou I donīt like some of the Seasons songs, Temptation for example, the idea of playing the whole record was fantastic!!!!!

SLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYER!!!!!! :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: :rocker: