PDA

View Full Version : Opeth -- Manchester, TN -- June 10th, 2011

mankvill
06-11-2011, 12:31 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/opeth/2011/bonnaroo-festival-manchester-tn-63d326a3.html

Part of the Bonnaroo festival.

1. The Grand Conjuration
2. Face of Melinda
3. The Lotus Eater
4. In My Time Of Need
5. Master's Apprentices
6. The Drapery Falls
7. Hex Omega

girnny777
06-11-2011, 12:39 PM
If they keep Face Of Melinda in the set I just may go see them this fall.

slapguitarer
06-11-2011, 01:39 PM
http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/opeth/2011/bonnaroo-festival-manchester-tn-63d326a3.html

Part of the Bonnaroo festival.

5. Master's Apprentices

:party: :party: :drool: :drool: :bowdown: :bowdown: :drool: :drool: :party: :party:

maidenpriest
06-11-2011, 01:57 PM
:party: :party: :drool: :drool: :bowdown: :bowdown: :drool: :drool: :party: :party:

+1

cristianrock
06-11-2011, 01:59 PM
Nice one, although I don't dig Hex Omega so much...but nice opening with The Grand Conjuration

I wanna see videos, I'm worried about Mikael's growling voice since I knew that HERITAGE will be an album without growling voices.

treghet
06-11-2011, 03:02 PM
Wow, interesting set!

jd091
06-11-2011, 04:24 PM
Wow, interesting set!

Yeah, you could say that again. I'm definitely glad they pulled out Master's Apprentices rather than Wreath. I think that's definitely 1 more song off Watershed than what is needed, but whatever.

For Opeth, there's no song that is really set in stone that they have to play. It'll be interesting to see their upcoming sets; I wonder how many "death metal" songs they're gonna pull out in this upcoming tour.

BlackmoreOfBowling
06-11-2011, 04:36 PM
\I'm definitely glad they pulled out Master's Apprentices rather than Wreath.

Deliverance title track > both

jd091
06-11-2011, 05:04 PM
Deliverance title track > both

Yeah, I agree with this too, its just that they tend to play Deliverance often.

slapguitarer
06-11-2011, 05:07 PM
Master's Apprentices is the one song I want to hear from them live. If they don't play it on their upcomming tour, I'll be sad.

bigguytoo9
06-11-2011, 05:19 PM
Master's Apprentices is the one song I want to hear from them live. If they don't play it on their upcomming tour, I'll be sad.

Opeth opened with Master's Apprentices when I saw them on the PROG NATION tour with Dream Theater and Between The Buried and Me.

slapguitarer
06-11-2011, 07:30 PM
Opeth opened with Master's Apprentices when I saw them on the PROG NATION tour with Dream Theater and Between The Buried and Me.

*jelly*

I would've killed to see that show..... minus the Dream Theater

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

jd091
06-11-2011, 08:31 PM
*jelly*

I would've killed to see that show..... minus the Dream Theater

:eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Naw, I agree. I'm not a huge Dream Theater guy either.

Northern_Shaman
06-11-2011, 08:41 PM

I was at the same date as you. They totally stole the show! Not sure if I'll be going to the headlining show in October though. First time that I'll be able to see them headlining (other times have been 19+, this time I'm finally of age), but it's in the middle of a busy week right after Enslaved... :bouville:

That setlist makes it look really tempting though. I'll have to wait until I hear Heritage, which I'm really looking forward to.

bigguytoo9
06-12-2011, 05:41 PM
Axenrot's drumming on The Lotus Eater live is fucking retarted.. cant wait to see them do that one again. Ill be going to the headlining show in Van for sure. Last time Opeth was at Commodore, High On Fire opened. Katatonia opening is the icing on the cake this time around.

InFlamesOfBirchmen
06-12-2011, 06:39 PM
I love that they're pulling out The Drapery Falls and Face of Melinda, again. I've been a fan for 5 years, but haven't had a chance to see them, but will finally get my chance in September. I'm really hoping they keep those 2 in there. Not big on Hex Omega, though. I'd replace it with Porcelain Heart or The Moor.

daimonos
06-12-2011, 09:16 PM
I like Hex Omega alot, actually. It took two years but I love it now. I bet they play it on the next tour. Who knows, I wouldn't be suprised if stuff on Heritage is in the same vein as that.

jd091
06-12-2011, 09:32 PM
I like Hex Omega alot, actually. It took two years but I love it now. I bet they play it on the next tour. Who knows, I wouldn't be suprised if stuff on Heritage is in the same vein as that.

This. Hex Omega is the best song off of Watershed, and there are no growls on it. If Heritage sounds like it, I will be ecstatic.

treghet
06-12-2011, 10:16 PM
If Heritage sounds like it, I will be ecstatic.

It won't, it's going to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SOevjFoG2g

jd091
06-12-2011, 10:33 PM
It won't, it's going to sound like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SOevjFoG2g

Ummm... No?

treghet
06-12-2011, 10:38 PM
Ummm... No?

I think your serious gauge needs a tune up.

jd091
06-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I think your serious gauge needs a tune up.

I TAKE OPETH VERY SRSLY

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 02:27 AM
I was at this show, first time seeing Opeth. I had a good time. Although Bonnaroo is a TERRIBLE festival in a TERRIBLE state, if your thinking about going ever DON'T. Roo's glory years are far behind it and now it's like a concentration camp with bands playing.

jd091
12-02-2011, 10:29 AM
I was at this show, first time seeing Opeth. I had a good time. Although Bonnaroo is a TERRIBLE festival in a TERRIBLE state, if your thinking about going ever DON'T. Roo's glory years are far behind it and now it's like a concentration camp with bands playing.

First of all, total congrats on the six month necro. I admire it.

Second of all, Bonnaroo would be a sweet jam festival to go to and get stoned at. If you're going for metal, you're doing it wrong.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 10:47 AM
Roo is not even close to a Jam festival anymore dude, Eminem doesn't headline Jam festivals. lol And no, it's not a cool festi to go get stoned at because:

A: Security can be dicks, varies from person to person (other fests don't care)

B: Police in Tn treat Cannabis like it's Meth so if you bring any in or out you have a high chance of getting fucked cause they will search if they want it bad enough, trust me, first hand experience. If I wasn't sneaky I would probably be in jail.

C: Didn't meet one person with good buds, also they were selling at crazy prices. But if you like getting custied for shitty weed, bunk doses, and "molly" with tons of chemicals excluding MDMA, Roo is the fest for you if your looking for a place to get funked up.

treghet
12-02-2011, 11:52 PM
First of all, total congrats on the six month necro. I admire it.

You should be congratulating him on 113 posts in ONE day. Holy fuck.

TheGrandWazoo40
12-02-2011, 11:56 PM
I enjoy conversing. hahaha

Also I have nothing to do at the moment. :P