PDA

View Full Version : Machine Head: "Locust" Single Info + Sample

makethemsuffer12
06-08-2011, 04:20 PM
http://www.roadrunnerrecords.com/blabbermouth.net/news.aspx?mode=Article&newsitemID=159180

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=M1ezr_GZpFM

Can't wait to hear the full thing.

the deathmetaler
06-09-2011, 04:02 AM
Hell yeah!!! I hope this album will be just as great, if not greater than The Blackening. The Blackening, in my opinion, is their best album.

Shadowswillfall414
06-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Fuck yeah kicks ass :rocker: Hopefully coming off of the blackening, it lives up to my hopes.

daimonos
06-09-2011, 05:15 PM
They're not going to be able to follow up The Blackening. Just sayin' :allan:

makethemsuffer12
06-09-2011, 05:50 PM
They're not going to be able to follow up The Blackening. Just sayin' :allan:

Probably not, but dammit there's no need to be such a pessimist!

masterguy49
06-12-2011, 11:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQQOk4RQ4Fs
Song leaked! :party::party::party::party::party:
I love it! :D

the deathmetaler
06-12-2011, 01:10 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CQQOk4RQ4Fs
Song leaked! :party::party::party::party::party:
I love it! :D

It's been leaked since Saturday. But I definitely agree that it is awesome. But I would still love to hear some tunes that are up to par with Cleaning The Fist Of Dissent and Slanderous. Those are my favorite Machine Head tunes.

masterguy49
06-12-2011, 02:08 PM
It's been leaked since Saturday. But I definitely agree that it is awesome. But I would still love to hear some tunes that are up to par with Cleaning The Fist Of Dissent and Slanderous. Those are my favorite Machine Head tunes.

Yes! Agreed! But who knows, lets wait and see, we might be surprised ;)

the deathmetaler
06-12-2011, 02:12 PM
Yes! Agreed! But who knows, lets wait and see, we might be surprised ;)

I can't wait for the album to come out...I hate waiting....

daimonos
06-12-2011, 02:33 PM
I like it.

masterguy49
06-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I can't wait for the album to come out...I hate waiting....
Me too :hmm:
But just a few more months ;)

Nick_to_the_face
06-12-2011, 02:58 PM
I like it, I'm glad this isn't one of those instances where a band follows up a great album with a shit one...well it isn't so far anyway. I still doubt it's gonna match the Blackening

larvtard
06-12-2011, 07:02 PM
Follows their formula pretty well (epic intro, groove-thrash riff with artificial harmonics, breakdown, melodic solo, whispering, repeat) which is not a bad thing at all. Hell, I'm just glad to finally hear new material by them.

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2011, 08:04 AM
Follows their formula pretty well (epic intro, groove-thrash riff with natural harmonics, breakdown, melodic solo, whispering, repeat) which is not a bad thing at all. Hell, I'm just glad to finally hear new material by them.
fix'd.

I dig the song. it sounds like the album will be a continuation of the sound on The Blackening.

larvtard
06-14-2011, 08:14 AM
fix'd.

I dig the song. it sounds like the album will be a continuation of the sound on The Blackening.

I'm no guitarist, but isn't that thing in the beginning of "beautiful Mourning" an artificial harmonic? It's at 45 seconds

mastodon421
06-14-2011, 08:47 AM
I dig it. I'm pretty stoked for their new record, any word on when it's due out?

Dextrimental
06-14-2011, 10:33 AM
I dig it. I'm pretty stoked for their new record, any word on when it's due out?

September, Metal Hammer UK confirmed. I say September because the date doesn't matter, it will leak early September.

makethemsuffer12
06-14-2011, 12:20 PM
I'm no guitarist, but isn't that thing in the beginning of "beautiful Mourning" an artificial harmonic? It's at 45 seconds

Yup, but it's different from an natural harmonic which is used in "Locust" and a lot of their other songs. An artificial harmonic is a "squeal" sound (a.k.a. what Zakk Wylde plays every other friggin' note) and a natural harmonic is the ringing, bell-like sound used in MH songs like "Davidian," "Halo," etc.

larvtard
06-14-2011, 12:26 PM
Yup, but it's different from an natural harmonic which is used in "Locust" and a lot of their other songs. An artificial harmonic is a "squeal" sound (a.k.a. what Zakk Wylde plays every other friggin' note) and a natural harmonic is the ringing, bell-like sound used in MH songs like "Davidian," "Halo," etc.

Oh yeah, I love that squealing sound. Natural harmonics are pretty cool as well.