PDA

View Full Version : Judas Priest -- Tilburg, Holland -- June 7th, 2011

tolvis
06-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Tour premiere at O13 in Tilburg, NL. Setlist posted in realtime at Halfords forum.

Pretty good I say.

setlist:
Rapid Fire
Metal gods
Heading out to the highway
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never satisfied
Diamonds and Rust - acustic
Prophecy
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
Beyond the realms of Death
The Sentinel
Blood red skies
Green Manalishi
Breaking the Law
Painkiller
------
Hellion / Electric Eye
Hell bent for leather
You got another thing coming

Tons of pyro, fire and lasers were used. I´mms eeing them on thursday at the Sweden Rock Festival, should be nice!

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:53 PM
Verrrrrrrrry nice set. Quite pleased, if I should say so myself.

June 25th @ GMM for me. Right before Ozzy :drool:

mankvill
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Night Crawler

I am liking

MPF
06-07-2011, 02:03 PM
I'd only switch Prophecy for Nostradamus and this is the perfect Judas Priest setlist.

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 02:06 PM

why

Sanitarium78
06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
why

They've done a slower version of that in the past. It's not that out of the ordinary.

That is a damn fine setlist:rocker:

Maideneer
06-07-2011, 02:12 PM
Nice to see Rocka Rolla finally see the light of day. Glaring omissions are the Ripper albums, I guess for obvious reasons, but that's still sad. Blood Red Skies is great too as is the rest of the 70's stuff.

IrritatedTrout
06-07-2011, 02:38 PM
Judas Rising
Night Crawler
The Sentinel
Blood red skies

I'd love to see these. I hope I get to see the 2nd U.S. leg and I hope this is the set for the whole tour.

NickLed19
06-07-2011, 02:46 PM
Really good set.

treghet
06-07-2011, 02:55 PM
Beyond the Realms of Death! Sweet. I'd change up a number of these songs, but I'll take this.

Travis The Dragon
06-07-2011, 03:09 PM
Nightcrawler and Blood Red Skies! :eek: :drool:

SomewhereInTime72
06-07-2011, 03:23 PM
That is... very fucking nice. Very fucking nice.

makethemsuffer12
06-07-2011, 03:33 PM
Awesome. I would've liked to see "Nostradamus" or a different Painkiller track instead of "Night Crawler" (All Guns Blazing, Metal Meltdown), but "The Sentinel," "Judas Rising," and "Beyond The Realms of Death" make up for it. I was still hoping for "Tyrant," but oh well.

Dissimulate
06-07-2011, 03:50 PM
Great set, does a really good job of representing the band's history, with the exception of the Ripper albums (which doesn't make sense as they said that they would play material from them). Hopefully the set is this good when they play the NA dates.

JRA
06-07-2011, 04:05 PM
It's fucking awesome to see Never Satisfied, Blood Red Skies and Starbreaker, but this set is pretty standard for them. Victim of Changes was the highest voted song off of Sad Wings of Destiny? Yea right. :tp:

And dear God, Diamonds & Rust needs to either rock or go away forever.

I'll give them mad props for being in their mid 50's and doing a 20 song set though.

ravenheart
06-07-2011, 04:13 PM
Fairly predictable :(

That's pretty disappointing, although I am very pleased with Blood Red Skies and Night Crawler.

And the best songs from both Nostradamus and Angel of Retribution.

Well structured set I suppose. Looking forward to Thursday :D

ravenheart
06-07-2011, 04:14 PM
Victim of Changes was the highest voted song off of Sad Wings of Destiny? Yea right. :tp:

That isn't even remotely surprising.

JudasPriest89
06-07-2011, 04:21 PM
YES!!! AWESOME SET

Onioner
06-07-2011, 05:40 PM
This set is full of so much awesome I cannot even comprehend it. Of course there are songs that would be cool (A Touch of Evil, Exciter, Delivering the Goods, the list goes on...) but this a DAMN sexy setlist. From the few videos that are on Youtube, they're still doing the set in E-flat, which isn't bad at all, but it's odd considering that Halford can do the songs in their original key no problem. Also, from what I heard on Heading Out to the Highway, Rob's voice is sounding downright amazing for a 60 year old man. He was actually hitting the screams perfectly! There isn't a bad song in the entire bunch, and they managed to do a 20 song set with both of their ridiculous(ly awesome) epics. This had to have been 2 hours if not more. I really hope they don't cut down any songs for the U.S. tour...

Just saw a vid of Hell Bent For Leather, they added a guitar solo after Glenn's for Ritchie! Pretty cool if you ask me. I also saw on Halford's forum that they had Living After Midnight written on the setlist as a second encore, but that the hot weather got to the band and they decided to end at You've Got Another Thing Comin'.

TonyD
06-07-2011, 06:13 PM
FUCK YEAH THIS SETLIST

girnny777
06-07-2011, 06:59 PM
Victim of Changes
Never satisfied
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
The Sentinel

Awww yeah

Wish the encore wasn't so predictable

TonyD
06-07-2011, 11:55 PM
So does this kinda make up for KK leaving?

maidenpriest
06-08-2011, 12:24 AM
Tour premiere at O13 in Tilburg, NL. Setlist posted in realtime at Halfords forum.

Pretty good I say.

setlist:
Rapid Fire
Metal gods
Judas Rising
Starbreaker
Victim of Changes
Never satisfied
Prophecy
Night Crawler
Turbo Lover
The Sentinel
Blood red skies
Green Manalishi
Breaking the Law
Painkiller
------
Hellion / Electric Eye
Hell bent for leather
You got another thing coming

Tons of pyro, fire and lasers were used. I´mms eeing them on thursday at the Sweden Rock Festival, should be nice!

Holy fuck!!!! Starbreaker, Rapid Fire, Night Crawler, Beyond the REalms of Death, and the SENTINEL!!! :D

devilball
06-08-2011, 12:45 AM
That's a great set. I think we all knew they were gonna skip the Ripper years despite saying they were gonna play something from every lp. They did intimate they were gonna mix up the setlists from night to night so we might still see some other rarities.
Damn but I never thought we'd see Blood Red Skies. How does Halford cope with the vocals? Much as I love the guy his voice ain't what it used to be.....

MetalDoug
06-08-2011, 01:07 AM
Great set!! It'd be perfect with Freewheel Burning! Hopefully we'll get it at the High Voltage festival!! :rocker:

Elvenking
06-08-2011, 04:57 AM
Needs some rockarolla and jawbreaker...

Maidenmagic
06-08-2011, 06:49 AM
Well they lied about playing songs from every albums. Halford seems to be friends with Ripper so I don't know why priest would just skip over his material. There's definetely some great songs in that set ( starbreaker, beyond the realms of death, blood red skies) and some questionable stuff (the cover songs!) I would rather hear rocka rolla than never satisfied. (Halford had played it solo before so we know he likes it.) They opened with Rapid Fire on the last tour. Thankfully no living after midnight. (I can't stand that song.)

marker
06-08-2011, 10:51 AM
Was hoping Tyrant would be in the set,no big deal I guess.Can't wait for the L.A. show.I saw Halford at one of his solo shows last December and his vocals were outstanding.I don't like the acoustic version of Diamonds and Rust either,saw it on the Angel tour.

jhdeity
06-08-2011, 11:04 AM
Well they lied about playing songs from every albums. Halford seems to be friends with Ripper so I don't know why priest would just skip over his material. There's definetely some great songs in that set ( starbreaker, beyond the realms of death, blood red skies) and some questionable stuff (the cover songs!) I would rather hear rocka rolla than never satisfied. (Halford had played it solo before so we know he likes it.) They opened with Rapid Fire on the last tour. Thankfully no living after midnight. (I can't stand that song.)

I'm with you on Rocka Rolla. I bought that album years ago just to complete my collection but always liked that 1 song for it's catchy chorus. Never Satisfied isn't hateful though. I had to listen to it to remember it and it was like I was hearing it for the 1st time. Same with Blood Red Skies really. I own that cd but have listened to it 2 times maybe. Kinda cool song that would be interesting live.

I was hoping for a gem like Island of Domination but I'll go see this show for that setlist ALL DAMN DAY!

rjturtle9
06-08-2011, 03:25 PM
I'm satisfied! I cannot wait!

cristianrock
06-08-2011, 08:43 PM
can't wait till September!!!

no A Touch of Evil?? what a bummer, my first and last Priest show
I'm gonna enjoy it so much

brother2
06-08-2011, 08:45 PM
Holy shit Sentinel and Blood Red Skies!!! HOLY FUCK!!!

illuminatus917
06-08-2011, 09:01 PM
Cartagena, Colombia

Is that seriously where you live?

brother2
06-09-2011, 10:57 AM
Is that seriously where you live?

Umm, yes. Why?

electrocute1031
06-09-2011, 12:50 PM
Killer Setlist. Wish they were playing some more 70's material but oh well, will definitely go to this if it hits New England

JLRedWing13
06-11-2011, 11:07 PM
I am excited. :party:

Blasphemor
06-14-2011, 12:16 AM
some questionable stuff (the cover songs!)

I'll give you 'Diamonds and Rust' as a bit of a ho-hum song, seeing that they do it all the time (and acoustic at that - come on, this a Judas Priest show not MTV Unplugged) but 'Green Manalishi' is a fucken great tune. Thankfully they aren't adding Johnny B. Good. Now THAT is a questionable cover song.

I'd love:
Either 'Desert Plains' or 'Solar Angels' off Point of Entry
'Out in the Cold' ('Turbo Lover' can go to its great setlist resting place) - Turbo
'Last Rose of Summer' - Stained Class
'Killing Machine' - Hell Bent for Leather
'Bloodstone' - Screaming
'Some Heads Are Gonna Roll' (I don't think they've played this since the Defenders tour) but playing anything off Defenders is fine with me.
'One Shot at Glory' (best pro football pre-game song EVER!) - Painkiller
'Better By You Better Than Me' - Stained Class
And the goddamned 'RIPPER', for fuck's sake!!!

Then again this is just my additional fantasy-perfect world show. I do find it curious they'd call the tour Epitaph, yet leave the song off the bill. What's another 4 minutes going to hurt?

BUT this set has me so stoked and excited to see them.

Keep the Faith my metal brothers and sisters!!! :light:

Wrecking Crew
06-14-2011, 09:04 AM
Last Rose of Summer was on Sin After Sin, I never cared for it. I am pretty pleased with this setlist overall, only thing it is missing is Genocide, Tyrant or both.

treghet
06-14-2011, 06:32 PM
'Bloodstone' - Screaming

I would die happy if they played "Bloodstone".

Blasphemor
06-15-2011, 04:46 PM
Last Rose of Summer was on Sin After Sin, I never cared for it. I am pretty pleased with this setlist overall, only thing it is missing is Genocide, Tyrant or both.
I stand corrected - LRoS is indeed on Sin After Sin. I'm in agreement with either Genocide or Tyrant. Or even Island of Domination. But it is Priest, so anything is ok with me. :rocker:

illuminatus917
06-15-2011, 04:54 PM
Umm, yes. Why?

It's the #1 place on my "places to go one day" list, and has been ever since I watched Romancing The Stone.