PDA

View Full Version : Volbeat/Cold/Anchored Dates in Support of Beyond Hell/Above Heaven

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:01 PM
07/24 Toronto ON - Downsview Park
07/26 Cincinatti OH - Bogart's
07/28 Fort Wayne IN - Piere's *
07/29 Cleveland OH - House of Blues
08/03 New Orleans LA - House of Blues
08/05 Miami Beach FL - The Fillmore at Jackie Gleason Theater
08/06 Orlando FL - House of Blues
08/07 Charlotte NC - The Fillmore
08/13 Wallingford CT - The Dome at Oakdale Theater
08/16 Grand Rapids MI - Orbit Room
08/17 Chicago IL - House of Blues
08/22 Edmonton AB - Edmonton Event Centre
08/23 Calgary AB - MacEwan Hall
08/25 Vancouver BC - Commodore Ballroom
09/02 Las Vegas NV - House of Blues
09/03 Anaheim CA - House of Blues
09/04 Anaheim CA - House of Blues

* = w/o tour support

RAZOR
06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
Volbeat doesn't like Pittsburgh.

*hmpf*

stylesclash516
06-07-2011, 01:20 PM

I said the exact same thing when I read the dates. :mad:

MPF
06-07-2011, 01:26 PM
They also don't like Minnesota. I don;t think they have ever been here.

mankvill
06-07-2011, 01:30 PM
...Cold is still a band?

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:31 PM

I said the exact same thing when I read the dates. :mad:

They also don't like Minnesota. I don;t think they have ever been here.

If they book two FL dates, and avoid you guys, it must be personal :lol:

MPF
06-07-2011, 01:52 PM
If they book two FL dates, and avoid you guys, it must be personal :lol:

Says the kid that goes to every Metal show ever.

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 01:55 PM
Says the kid that goes to every Metal show ever.

I don't get your drift :lol:

MPF
06-07-2011, 01:58 PM
I don't get your drift :lol:

You see EVERYTHING! Not all of us are lucky enough to get tours that are a reasonable distance from us to check out.

And how did I make it personal? I'm just stating a fact. Volbeat has never done a Minnesota show for as long as they've been touring the states. Not complaining, but it is true.

idrinkwine732
06-07-2011, 01:59 PM
lol no

mankvill
06-07-2011, 02:01 PM
You see EVERYTHING! Not all of us are lucky enough to get tours that are a reasonable distance from us to check out.

You mean you DON'T have parents with enough money to send you to Russia then California then Belgium then maybe a few other metal fests in other countries?

MPF
06-07-2011, 02:02 PM
You mean you DON'T have parents with enough money to send you to Russia then California then Belgium then maybe a few other metal fests in other countries?

I feel like I'm the only one here without that luxury.

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 02:04 PM

And how did I make it personal? I'm just stating a fact. Volbeat has never done a Minnesota show for as long as they've been touring the states. Not complaining, but it is true.

Yeah, nobody needs to see that. :tp:

mankvill
06-07-2011, 02:08 PM
But for fuck's sake - excuse me for being privileged. Would it make all of you feel better if I didn't take the opportunites I have to see bands? :confused:

Yes. :finger:

MPF
06-07-2011, 02:10 PM
I was actually hinting at it being personal for Volbeat, not you guys. /facepalm

Also, I feel like I sort of should address this before the trolling/flaming gets out of hand. I pay for for all my shows. I work for a major local Russian metal zine that does actually get me in for free into many of the club shows I attend. It's not like I fucking beg my parents for an allowance each week. "MOMMY CAN I HAVE SOME CASH TO GO SEE TERROR PLEASE". No, that's not me.

But for fuck's sake - excuse me for being privileged. Would it make all of you feel better if I didn't take the opportunites I have to see bands? :confused:

Just like I said in the message I sent on your wall, everyone catches shit here. That's what a forum is for.

And I didn't say that you were born into mega wealth and have your parents pay for everything. I didn't make that claim at all, but also like I sent you. Not all of us are fortunate enough to afford everything you do, especially gas now a days, a thing you'll fully understand when you get your license.

I don't have a problem with you going to as many shows as you do. Hell any of us would fully appreciate that opportunity, but you gotta understand, we don't.

brutal_descent
06-07-2011, 02:11 PM
I feel like a dick now. :hecho:

MPF
06-07-2011, 02:13 PM
Don't feel like a dick, just appreciate what you get to do (which I'm sure you do already) and understand us guys that don't like in Russia/California aren't as lucky as to see every tour that happens.

JuuKun
06-07-2011, 02:33 PM
Had to miss the Boston show in April last minute :hecho:. Been a fan since Rock the Rebel/Metal the Devil and would love to finally see these guys, but with how often they seem to be touring and that they're not really a higher priority than other shows hitting the area in the Fall, I'll probably have to skip.

masterguy49
06-07-2011, 04:08 PM
LOLWUT. Miami? Long drive and I don't know Volbeat that much. Don't know if it's worth it.

larvtard
06-07-2011, 04:19 PM
you guys beat up on brutaldescent way too much :lol: He's not even spoiled, he's just very privileged. And besides, it's not just him - metalheads in their teens tend to be a pretty upper middle-class bunch.

evildeadjedi
06-07-2011, 04:30 PM
And besides, it's not just him - metalheads in their teens tend to be a pretty upper middle-class bunch.

I have noticed this also, a buddy who opened my eyes to Black Metal and some newer metal bands back in '03 was pretty rich. He lived in this huge house in the middle of no where and had tons of land. He was really cool however it pissed me off that he would build a new top of the line pc every year and wondered why mine was always lagging behind (because I lived alone and had bills mother fucker). :tp:

That said I wish there was a Columbus date because, I work first shift the next day for both Ohio dates. :(

AnataFan4Life
06-07-2011, 05:16 PM
I'll probably have to work on my date. Plus the support acts are pretty bad.

dcmetal108
06-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I'll look into tickets for the Chicago show but I'm guessing they will be around $50.00 a piece so I'll more than likely pass.

RAZOR
06-07-2011, 05:35 PM
you guys beat up on brutaldescent way too much :lol: He's not even spoiled, he's just very privileged. And besides, it's not just him - metalheads in their teens tend to be a pretty upper middle-class bunch.

I wish that was the case for me. :lol:

mastodon421
06-07-2011, 06:44 PM
I wish that was the case for me. :lol:

Same here:lol: