PDA

View Full Version : Slayer -- Santiago, Chile -- June 2nd, 2011

DisposableJustice
06-02-2011, 10:16 PM
Via.....Dave Lombardo's Facebook page!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=150022911735582&set=a.125439164193957.23902.124433877627819&type=1&theater

1. World Painted Blood
2. Hate World Wide
3. War Ensemble
4. Postmortem
5. Temptation
6. Stain of Mind
7. Disciple
8. Dead Skin Mask
9. Dittohead:rocker:
10. Americon
11. Payback
12. Mandatory Suicide
13. Chemical Warfare:blaze:
14. Ghosts of War
15. Seasons in the Abyss
16. Snuff
---------
17. South of Heaven
18. Raining Blood
19. Black Magic
20. Angel of Death

A) Somebody fly me down to South America right now!!!!!!!!!

B) Very nice to see Chemical back with Ghosts.....been a while since Stain, at least 5 years?

C):rocker:

rjturtle9
06-02-2011, 10:34 PM
3. War Ensemble
4. Postmortem
7. Disciple
13. Chemical Warfare:blaze:
14. Ghosts of War
18. Raining Blood
19. Black Magic
20. Angel of Death

WHAT THE FUCK!!!!

I need this set here in America now!!!!!!

Onioner
06-02-2011, 10:41 PM
Holy crap, how long has it been since Slayer actually did a full 20 song set?!

Edit: Setlist.fm also has Not of this God in the setlist and a slightly shifted around order of the main set. Considering the first one posted is from Dave's Facebook directly, I'd be more willing to trust that one.

Sepultura69
06-02-2011, 11:00 PM
I just jizzed my pants from reading that setlist

mankvill
06-02-2011, 11:01 PM
- A-;;; Americon

hellawaits77ny
06-02-2011, 11:12 PM
Stain of Mind being back is cool. Thank f'in God Chemical Warfare is back!! Still though.......no Hell Awaits. Bullshite

DisposableJustice
06-02-2011, 11:24 PM
Stain of Mind being back is cool. Thank f'in God Chemical Warfare is back!! Still though.......no Hell Awaits. Bullshite

This....

Just switch Temptation with Hell Awaits= AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

DisposableJustice
06-02-2011, 11:27 PM
Holy crap, how long has it been since Slayer actually did a full 20 song set?!

Edit: Setlist.fm also has Not of this God in the setlist and a slightly shifted around order of the main set. Considering the first one posted is from Dave's Facebook directly, I'd be more willing to trust that one.

Well I believe the last time was 2006 when they last visited....South...America..........

DAMN it they get the great shit, no?

Maybe they put in NOTG at the last minute and didn't get printed on the setlist

MPF
06-03-2011, 12:16 AM
Dittohead was my first Slayer song. I would love to see this set.

hellawaits77ny
06-03-2011, 12:44 AM
Dittohead was my first Slayer song. I would love to see this set.

Holy shit, I didn't even notice it the first time!! Awesome! I'm happy w/ anything from Divine Intervention:rocker:

Platinum Maze
06-03-2011, 04:18 AM
You cannot beat Chemical Warfare right into Ghosts Of War! :rocker:

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Best set list I've seen from them in ages.

Temptation, Chemical Warfare into Ghosts of War, Black Magic and Stain of Mind? Fuck yes!!!

larvtard
06-03-2011, 08:58 AM
Postmortem, Black Magic, and Payback are cool, obviously, but the only thing that really matters is:

13. Chemical Warfare
14. Ghosts of War
15. Seasons in the Abyss

Holy shit.

Also, Divine Intervention is fine, but they have so much better stuff to play. At least play the title track or "Sex.Murder.Art."

DisposableJustice
06-03-2011, 09:06 AM
Postmortem, Black Magic, and Payback are cool, obviously, but the only thing that really matters is:

Holy shit.

Also, Divine Intervention is fine, but they have so much better stuff to play. At least play the title track or "Sex.Murder.Art."

This....my vote is for 213 or mind control

JRA
06-03-2011, 10:50 AM
That set—while admirably long— is a 5.5/10 at best.

and for the love of god STOP PLAYING TEMPTATION!!

Jesus, playing all of SITA live was the worst decision this band made since incorporating Slipknot as an influence.

Indestructible
06-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Jesus, playing all of SITA live was the worst decision this band made since incorporating Slipknot as an influence.

What was wrong with them playing all of Seasons in the Abyss? I know they don't sound as good as they use to but them playing all of Seasons can't be bad live.

larvtard
06-03-2011, 11:12 AM
What was wrong with them playing all of Seasons in the Abyss? I know they don't sound as good as they use to but them playing all of Seasons can't be bad live.

Because Seasons has Skeletons of Society, Temptation, and Born of Fire.

IrritatedTrout
06-03-2011, 11:15 AM
Skeletons is a great song.

Indestructible
06-03-2011, 11:18 AM

A three of those songs are good. I don't think I have ever heard a Slayer fan say they don't like Skeletons Of Society.

larvtard
06-03-2011, 11:36 AM
A three of those songs are good. I don't think I have ever heard a Slayer fan say they don't like Skeletons Of Society.

Now you have!
But seriously, it's a fine song, there's just so many better songs they could have played.

Blacktooth85
06-03-2011, 12:52 PM
This setlist is pretty much the same as it's been all year, with the exception of Dittohead, Stain of Mind, and Chemical Warfare....I don't know why some of you are creaming your pants.

Yep, still nothing off of Hell Awaits. You think they could drop Temptation or Americon for something from that album.

I'm glad to see them acknowledge Divine Intervention with Dittohead, but that's the song they usually play from that album. I would love to see them play 213, Killing Fields, or the Title Track

Blacktooth85
06-03-2011, 01:00 PM
That set—while admirably long— is a 5.5/10 at best.

and for the love of god STOP PLAYING TEMPTATION!!

I agree.... i didn't see the 20th anniversary tour, but it sounds like it would of been boring as shit sitting through that whole album. I find it to be overrated. I love the Title Track and War Ensemble though.

MetalDoug
06-03-2011, 02:58 PM
I'm glad to see them acknowledge Divine Intervention with Dittohead, but that's the song they usually play from that album. I would love to see them play 213, Killing Fields, or the Title Track

Man! I totally agree! Killing Fields would be awesome!! Maybe on the next tour! I just hope they don't drop Black Magic off the set at the Big 4 here in the UK.

mankvill
06-03-2011, 03:35 PM

hahahahhaa lookit this motherfucker

girnny777
06-03-2011, 03:51 PM
1. World Painted Blood
2. Hate World Wide
6. Stain of Mind
10. Americon
16. Snuff

Nope, nope, nope, nope, double nope

Why did Slayer decide to go to Diabolus in Musica for rarities? Ugh...

JLRedWing13
06-03-2011, 06:42 PM
:tp:

cristianrock
06-03-2011, 07:20 PM
Guys, you must remember that Tom Araya born here in Chile, so this is a special thing for him after 5 years of their last show in Santiago, in fact they added a second show in Viña del Mar, which is the city where Tom born, and also he's gonna stay until June 6th to celebrate his 50th birthday in the country with his family, and then continue with the southamerican leg

He speaks spanish like shit, but he recongnize his roots hahaha :P

hellawaits77ny
06-03-2011, 07:50 PM
Now you have!
But seriously, it's a fine song, there's just so many better songs they could have played.

Yes, you're the first Slayer fan I've heard of/met that didn't like Skeletons. No hate though, I respect your opinion.

Wrathchild_84
06-03-2011, 08:00 PM
Besides Postmortem, Chemical Warfare, Black Magic and Ghosts Of War thats a shit setlist.

JRA
06-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Playing all of an album which subsequently leads to a decision to play one of their weakest songs ever = bad decision.

hellawaits77ny
06-03-2011, 08:46 PM
This setlist is pretty much the same as it's been all year, with the exception of Dittohead, Stain of Mind, and Chemical Warfare....I don't know why some of you are creaming your pants.

Yep, still nothing off of Hell Awaits.

Both of these. I think it's a good setlist, but you're right, it's pretty similar to everything they've done this year.

Sepultura69
06-03-2011, 11:52 PM

Born of Fire is a great song. I dont know what youre smokin' on but it is WICK-WICK-WACK. That's for sure :cool:

bobbie solo
06-03-2011, 11:56 PM
i understand that everyone wants a nonstop fast thrashfest, but slayer seems to do their setlists, like metallica, in the hopes of establishing some dynamics to their show. they throw in some slightly slower stuff like seasons and even a temptation in the hopes of showing a little range w/their material. its not the same thing as throwing in Nothing Else Matters (which to me is so drastic it just kills the whole vibe, but clearly james & co disagree as theyve been doing it for years), but theyre just tyring to diversify the sounds & tempo u get over the course of their 90 minutes or so.

DisposableJustice
06-04-2011, 12:54 AM
I won't make a new topic about this, here is the June 3rd set in Tom's hometown, Hallowed and Antichirst come back and it looks like Not of this God is being played including in Santiago

World Painted Blood
Hate Worldwide
War Ensemble
Postmortem
Temptation
Not Of This God
Hallowed Point
The Antichrist
Stain of Mind
Disciple
Dead Skin Mask
Americon
Mandatory Suicide
Chemical Warfare
Ghosts of War
Payback
Seasons in the Abyss
Snuff
South of Heaven
Raining Blood
Black Magic
Angel of Death

Damn 22 songs....last time they did a long set like that was 2006 in South America ( I don't count the shows where RIB was played in full)

hellawaits77ny
06-04-2011, 01:22 AM
Cool. Not a big fan of 'Not of This God', but I'm very happy they're breaking out stuff they've never played before.

Dittohead is gone. Bummer

rjturtle9
06-04-2011, 01:39 AM
This....

Just switch Temptation with Hell Awaits= AWWWWWWWWWWWW YEAAAAAAAAAAAA

This! Oh god this!

crisducci
06-04-2011, 05:43 AM
motherfucker last night was the show in Viña del Mar (Tom hometown), and what can i say.. it was a fucking long set, and it was insane.... lots of people and the crowd was going apeshit man... best show ever... stop complaining about Temptation and the World Painted Blood songs, they are cool as fuck.. awesome awesome show. Tom spoke to us in his twisted spanish all night haha. Lots of "rarities" and you could tell the band was very into it man, the ending with Angel Of Death was a battlefield fuuuuck... i want to say thanks to all the fucking chileans that were there thrashing like maniacs, and above all, thanks to Slayer.. what a legend band maaan !

El Gordo
06-04-2011, 06:37 AM

I don't like Skeletons of Society. Bam.

Anyway, nice setlist but I have a hard time getting excited for Slayer shows these days for some reason.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-04-2011, 06:51 AM
I don't like Skeletons of Society.

I'm as big a slayer fan as there is and I never cared it either.

Indestructible
06-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Slayer fans don't like anything do they? You complain about their new stuff and always want them to play more old stuff, and when they finally decide to play an old album(seasons in the abyss) in it's entirity live you still complain about it.

Sepultura69
06-04-2011, 08:23 AM
motherfucker last night was the show in Viña del Mar (Tom hometown), and what can i say.. it was a fucking long set, and it was insane.... lots of people and the crowd was going apeshit man... best show ever... stop complaining about Temptation and the World Painted Blood songs, they are cool as fuck.. awesome awesome show. Tom spoke to us in his twisted spanish all night haha. Lots of "rarities" and you could tell the band was very into it man, the ending with Angel Of Death was a battlefield fuuuuck... i want to say thanks to all the fucking chileans that were there thrashing like maniacs, and above all, thanks to Slayer.. what a legend band maaan !

Damn man! Thanks for the little review, I really enjoyed reading that! Sounds like it was damn good show! If only Slayer brought 22 song setlists over here in America. :(

I swear....the next time slayer hit the U.S markets for another tour it better not be another fucking co headlining/60 minute bull shit tour... Mayhem Fest 2009, American Carnage, Yagiermiester and The big four was enough. NOW GO ON YOURE OWN GODDAMN TOUR:rocker:

Sepultura69
06-04-2011, 10:33 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUI5VQTAYAI

Someone posted the entire concert on youtube in one video! Damn, Toms voice sounds FUCKIN' AMAZING. HOLY SHIT! That is all .

larvtard
06-04-2011, 11:06 AM
i understand that everyone wants a nonstop fast thrashfest, but slayer seems to do their setlists, like metallica, in the hopes of establishing some dynamics to their show. they throw in some slightly slower stuff like seasons and even a temptation in the hopes of showing a little range w/their material. its not the same thing as throwing in Nothing Else Matters (which to me is so drastic it just kills the whole vibe, but clearly james & co disagree as theyve been doing it for years), but theyre just tyring to diversify the sounds & tempo u get over the course of their 90 minutes or so.

Their slower songs are 10x better than their faster songs in a live setting. My top 3 live Slayer songs are Seasons in the Abyss, South of Heaven, and Dead Skin Mask. On the other hand, War Ensemble and Raining Blood are pretty meh live.

DisposableJustice
06-04-2011, 11:45 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUI5VQTAYAI

Someone posted the entire concert on youtube in one video! Damn, Toms voice sounds FUCKIN' AMAZING. HOLY SHIT! That is all .

Thanks for the link :rocker:

cristianrock
06-04-2011, 12:25 PM
In the concert at Viña del Mar of last night, Tom wear a special chilean national soccer team t-shit...with the 666, nice! haha

http://www.rockaxis.com/images/Live_Reviews_Metal/2010/SlayerVina2011-04.jpg

OraclesofAgony
06-04-2011, 12:38 PM
I really hope Americon doesn't become a staple in their setlist. It's probably my least favorite Slayer song.

brutal_descent
06-04-2011, 01:17 PM
Slayer fans don't like anything do they? You complain about their new stuff and always want them to play more old stuff, and when they finally decide to play an old album(seasons in the abyss) in it's entirity live you still complain about it.

This.

Sepultura69
06-04-2011, 01:41 PM
Thanks for the link :rocker:

I'm glad someone posted a video of the ENTIRE show in one video but it sucks that its all the way on the left side so you can't really hear Kerry that well, and the audio quaility is pretty BLEH.

Heres a MUCH better angle and quality video of them playing Manditory Suicide + Chemical Warfare + Ghost of war.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NCTrzfk4DNU

Sounds a hell of a lot better and you can hear daves drums more clear where as the other video you couldnt hear it for shit during some parts(especially chemical warfare). They still sound awesome in concert, both slow songs and fast songs :rocker:

I like the part in Chemical Wafare where Tom says "Fuck it up" in his native chilian language :lol:

Blacktooth85
06-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I swear....the next time slayer hit the U.S markets for another tour it better not be another fucking co headlining/60 minute bull shit tour... Mayhem Fest 2009, American Carnage, Yagiermiester and The big four was enough. NOW GO ON YOURE OWN GODDAMN TOUR:rocker:[/QUOTE]

Yeah i know, i was thinking the same thing. I can't remember the last time Slayer did their own US headlining tour, or the last time they came through my parts on a headlining tour. Unholy Alliance? Was that really a headlining tour though?

The next US tour is another goddamn co-headlining tour with Rob Zombie this time. Dammit!!

El Gordo
06-04-2011, 03:16 PM

You basically just described any metal fan in general. We're fickle bastards, and old almost invariably equals better.

larvtard
06-04-2011, 04:03 PM
I like the part in Chemical Warfare where Tom says "Fuck it up" in his native chilian language :lol:

I believe that would be Espanol.

Wizzbang11
06-04-2011, 04:35 PM

I don't think you can call an album "old stuff" when it came out 7 years after their debut, and is one album away from being their "middle album." Plus, 90's album being old for an 80s band=no.
ALSO, the first 3 Slayer albums are much different in sound then Seasons, so until they play Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits or Reign (although that better be half of the set) I will be unsatisfied.

Indestructible
06-04-2011, 05:05 PM
I don't think you can call an album "old stuff" when it came out 7 years after their debut, and is one album away from being their "middle album." Plus, 90's album being old for an 80s band=no.
ALSO, the first 3 Slayer albums are much different in sound then Seasons, so until they play Show No Mercy, Hell Awaits or Reign (although that better be half of the set) I will be unsatisfied.

I think an album can be called old or classic after it has been our for 21 years. Seasons in the Abyss can also be called old because that was the last Slayer album before they changed their sound.

larvtard
06-04-2011, 05:12 PM
I think an album can be called old or classic after it has been our for 21 years. Seasons in the Abyss can also be called old because that was the last Slayer album before they changed their sound.

where the hell did you come up with 21? :lol: He means classic/old in the context of the band, anyway. If the Beatles released an album 21 years ago, that album wouldn't be a classic/old Beatles album, would it?

Indestructible
06-04-2011, 05:19 PM
where the hell did you come up with 21? :lol:

Because I thought he was talking about Seasons and Seasons in the Abyss came out in 1990 it is now 2011 making seasons 21years old. Is Seasons not old in the context of the band?

larvtard
06-04-2011, 05:23 PM
Because I thought he was talking about Seasons and Seasons in the Abyss came out in 1990 it is now 2011 making seasons 21years old. Is Seasons not old in the context of the band?

No, not really... Show No Mercy was released in '83. I mean, there's no absolute truth regarding that- it's all relative- so you can see it as classic if you want. I don't.

OraclesofAgony
06-04-2011, 06:12 PM

I think a lot of people would consider South of Heaven to be a drastic change in their sound from Reign In Blood as well. I like South of Heaven and Seasons though.

MPF
06-04-2011, 06:35 PM
To hear this show:

http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-details.php?id=359805

MPF
06-04-2011, 06:42 PM
Angel Of Death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngpfYM6atDU

Watch at 3:54...

darkguardian50
06-04-2011, 08:55 PM
Angel Of Death: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngpfYM6atDU

Watch at 3:54...

Umm thats awesome to see but call me a pussy but I'll stay away from the flaming mosh pit, thank you very much.

Awesome setlists both days, the whining is shocking.

MPF
06-04-2011, 09:03 PM
Umm thats awesome to see but call me a pussy but I'll stay away from the flaming mosh pit, thank you very much.

Awesome setlists both days, the whining is shocking.

Yeah, as much as I love Slayer, I'm staying the fuck away from that.

Whining is always going to happen, no matter the band, show, album, song, etc. It never stops, it never will. Seeing Slayer live should be enough.

Blitzkrieg Witchcraft
06-05-2011, 01:04 PM
Listening to the boot of this show right now. Sounds great.

bobbie solo
06-05-2011, 07:30 PM
same here. you wouldnt get such a loud singalong right out of the gate to World Painted Blood from an American crowd. so cool to hear.